Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Good lord that's terrible news. At least he's trying to stay hopeful about it. I kinda do wonder if his career actually did have an impact on him.
Although I'm seeing some lovely people happy about this and wishing him dead, which is just goddamn awful and petty at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

HGH posted:

Although I'm seeing some lovely people happy about this and wishing him dead, which is just goddamn awful and petty at this point.

Also people prefacing their condolences with "I think he's a stupid buttface dumbjerk, but..."

Jesus, have a little humanity.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HGH posted:

Good lord that's terrible news. At least he's trying to stay hopeful about it. I kinda do wonder if his career actually did have an impact on him.

I don't think your career can really determine if you develop cancerous tumors. More so genetics, and lifestyle (which I guess you can link to his career?).

Also who the gently caress is celebrating that someone, a dude with a wife and kids no less, potentially can die from cancer? :pysduck:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Unfunny Poster posted:

And FOV sliders.

This is a prime example of how to take a really good joke and run it completely into the ground!

Still, I hope that TB can beat this thing so that I can complain about his opinions for many years to come.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Unfunny Poster posted:

I don't think your career can really determine if you develop cancerous tumors. More so genetics, and lifestyle (which I guess you can link to his career?).

I believe TB himself has said before that his type of cancer is linked to a lifestyle that mostly consists of sitting down, and his line of work (playing video games and making videos) necessitates a lot of sitting down. That's the logic, and it makes sense.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

Also who the gently caress is celebrating that someone, a dude with a wife and kids no less, potentially can die from cancer? :pysduck:
Well TB used to say that he blocked his Youtube comments because they caused him stress and his doctor told him to. Or so I remember, I could be wrong. I thought maybe that exacerbated things but the above seems more accurate.
As for the latter, well, Twitter is a hellhole.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dijon du jour posted:

I believe TB himself has said before that his type of cancer is linked to a lifestyle that mostly consists of sitting down, and his line of work (playing video games and making videos) necessitates a lot of sitting down. That's the logic, and it makes sense.

I guess that makes sense.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

dijon du jour posted:

drat it John, standing desks are a thing. :smith:

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Keeshhound posted:

drat it John, standing desks are a thing. :smith:
Yeah, about that: http://gizmodo.com/standing-desks-a...dium=socialflow

or tl:dr, standing desks don't do poo poo if you're a lump otherwise.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Isn't it colon cancer that he was having problems with though? I thought he meant that the sitting itself is what aggravated his condition.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Keeshhound posted:

Isn't it colon cancer that he was having problems with though? I thought he meant that the sitting itself is what aggravated his condition.

Not sure. I thought it was bowel/intestinal more so than colon.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Again this is a bit off topic, but what is this weird trend of companies that send people boxes full of random stuff and usually promote themselves through/sponsor gaming channels? Like, I don't see the connection at all(I guess gaming is in right now and attracts gullible people?) and the fact this is actually a business confuses me.
Example:

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Didn't someone actually get banned for trying to pull this poo poo here on SA? I guess it's just a new lottery for a new age, except removing the pesky actually having to pay the winner stuff.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Ask for the $1000 up front, then make a lovely unboxing video where you open the box above a garbage can.

Easy money.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

watho posted:

Still, I hope that TB can beat this thing so that I can complain about his opinions for many years to come.

Unfortunately this is a kind of cancer you can't currently beat. There's no cure, only ways that can prolong your life a few years.

Best of luck to him.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

HGH posted:

Again this is a bit off topic, but what is this weird trend of companies that send people boxes full of random stuff and usually promote themselves through/sponsor gaming channels? Like, I don't see the connection at all(I guess gaming is in right now and attracts gullible people?) and the fact this is actually a business confuses me.
Example:

Hobbykids on youtube is a particularly bad offender. watch this poo poo. It's an eleven minute Nintendo asskissing video and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. My kids watch the poo poo out of videos like these though so it doesn't surprise me that they keep putting them out.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

TB not beating rear end cancer sucks, but I'm more concerned about the reasons for the Xenosaga LP here coming to a halt :ohdear:

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

HGH posted:

Example:

Ooooooh so that's why Ashens started doing those a while ago, and why he has a special link in each video description to sign up for LootCrate even though he invariably hates most of what's in each one.

Personally I never understood the appeal of getting a bunch of random tchotchkes in a box. I much prefer to handpick my tchotchkes tyvm. :colbert:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So I'm talking to a friend, and apparently Youtube streams from outside Germany are blocked in Germany? Also says YoutubeGaming is not available there yet. Is this commonplace?

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

HGH posted:

So I'm talking to a friend, and apparently Youtube streams from outside Germany are blocked in Germany? Also says YoutubeGaming is not available there yet. Is this commonplace?
If you thought RIAA was bad wait till you meet GEMA.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Forgall posted:

If you thought RIAA was bad wait till you meet GEMA.

Pretty much. When we call them "copyright Nazis", we might not mean it completely literally, but there's a reason that comparison is drawn. When it came to streaming, Google probably didn't even try and just shut down the whole concept for Germany.

Honestly, I haven't ever seen a German Youtube stream. Do those actually work in some sort of weird segregated area where only Germans can stream for only Germans? Google says it's just straight up banned in its entirety.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I'm currently living in Germany, the error I get when I try to pull up anything on Youtube Gaming is "Live Streaming not available in your country due to rights issues."

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

dscruffy1 posted:

I'm currently living in Germany, the error I get when I try to pull up anything on Youtube Gaming is "Live Streaming not available in your country due to rights issues."

Germany, always taking away the minority's rights...

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

dscruffy1 posted:

In the past they have sued to have youtube error message changed because they didn't like that it specifically mentioned them :lol:

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

dscruffy1 posted:

There's some german streamers on twitch.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Forgall posted:

In the past they have sued to have youtube error message changed because they didn't like that it specifically mentioned them :lol:

In a good world, the lawyers and judges would have looked at that case and went "Stop being stupid idiots then and allow out-of-country streaming on Youtube."

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
It's not that GEMA won't allow it, it's that they're basically trying to extort Youtube for music streaming royalties way in excess of what Youtube makes in revenue in the first place, forcing Youtube to ban access entirely.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
Who would've thought 20 years ago that PROs would wind up even eviler than big corporations

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

GEMA sues kindergartens because of pre-schoolers singing licensed christmas songs. They're comically evil.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

a cartoon duck posted:

GEMA sues kindergartens because of pre-schoolers singing licensed christmas songs. They're comically evil.

I actually thought you were joking, and so I looked it up. And not only did they order a cease and desist on reproducing music in preschools...

quote:

German copyright rules require anyone who copies sheet music pay fees to Germany's music licensing agency, GEMA. The organization has begun notifying kindergartens and other preschool facilities that if they reproduce music to be sung or performed, they must pay for a license.

"If a preschool wants to make its own copy of certain music - if the words of a song or the musical score is copied - then they need to buy a license," GEMA spokesperson Peter Hempel told Deutsche Welle.

Fees start at 56 euros ($74) for 500 copies of a song, a rate charged annually, not per child.
(http://www.dw.com/en/kindergartens-ordered-to-pay-copyright-for-songs/a-14741186?maca=en-rss-en-all-1573-rdf)

...they SUCCESSFULLY ordered a cease and desist on reproducing music in preschools.

What the gently caress, man.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Looks like Youtube finally announced that thing they were preparing for with that mob shakedown.

Introducing RedTuERIMEAN Youtube Red.

https://www.youtube.com/red

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
e: this is not the correct thread

Monicro fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Oct 25, 2015

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Go on...

moller fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Oct 25, 2015

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

I have no idea what this post is about but that Gay Agenda png is loving adorable.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Ya i hosed up oops, on a related note join the super-league it fun

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Jsor posted:

Looks like Youtube finally announced that thing they were preparing for with that mob shakedown.

Introducing RedTuERIMEAN Youtube Red.

https://www.youtube.com/red
Yeah, I got hit with three copyright strikes suddenly today due to that...kinda blocked three of my videos from being watched. Though it was only in one country....the US :(.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The grinning crowd is a nice touch, but I think it needs more middle fingers.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Wouldn't that be basically russiangovernment.jpg?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

SelenicMartian posted:

The grinning crowd is a nice touch, but I think it needs more middle fingers.

Those people are looking so happy to not be exposed to PDP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Youtube Red: please don't confuse us with Redtube. (NSFW, don't google that)

• Locked thread