Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yeah Bro
Feb 4, 2012

apropos to nothing posted:

matthewmatosis put out a 6 hour video of him talking about dark souls and why it's good https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV16ROaHVfo

is he the guy who said bioshock infinite would be a good game if it said friend of the family a lot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Yeah Bro posted:

is he the guy who said bioshock infinite would be a good game if it said friend of the family a lot?

yeah

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Yeah Bro posted:

hell if he aint right

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Good.

Dec 26, 2012

Yeah Bro posted:

yeah bro

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i sort of want to find deets for the DS3 stress test, but i also realize i shouldn't spoil stuff for myself

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Bobnumerotres posted:

i feel the game is a lot harder overall because the encounters are actual puzzles now and not just random sloppy placement

the lead-up to smelter can go gently caress itself but it wasnt exactly good before. "hurr lets just put 20 alonne knights in this one room"

that sucked

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i cannot beat elana, squalid queen

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I hate doing that boss run. The DLCs are awesome but the boss run back to elana and sir alonne are obnoxious as hell

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elana is easy. its like 20 seconds of easy platforming lol

alonne's run is a loving nightmare though because its just that lovely room in iron keep extended to a whole dungeon

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I hate doing that boss run. The DLCs are awesome but the boss run back to elana and sir alonne are obnoxious as hell

did you know about the hidden bonfire in the sanctum?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Bobnumerotres posted:

alonne's run is a loving nightmare though because its just that lovely room in iron keep extended to a whole dungeon

yeah I was spoiled on elana's bonfire but if I wasn't, it'd suck

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

sector_corrector posted:

did you know about the hidden bonfire in the sanctum?

I just watched a video of somebody showing where it is and my mind is blown. I never knew there was a bonfire there. I love that after all the time I've played them there's still secrets and poo poo I haven't found in the souls games.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'm very excited for Dark Souls 3.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

I'm very excited for Dark Souls 3.

I'm more excited for he Old Hunters Expansion Pack because it comes out in 3 weeks

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I just watched a video of somebody showing where it is and my mind is blown. I never knew there was a bonfire there. I love that after all the time I've played them there's still secrets and poo poo I haven't found in the souls games.

i found it through soapstone messages, which is one of my favorite ways to find secrets apart from figuring them out myself

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
also i'm playing unpatched DS1 right now offline, and the changes are small but noticeable. like every loving spear hollow being able to poise through kicks and two handed strikes.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

In Training posted:

I'm more excited for he Old Hunters Expansion Pack because it comes out in 3 weeks

Hell Yeah... hope it comes out in time for an epic pre halloween spooky game night [it wont :(]

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the dlc comes out november 24 iirc

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hidden bonfires are a dick move

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the sen's fortress bonfire :negative:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

omg rly? cooooool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

omg rly? cooooool

I was wrong it's like 4.5 weeks. But it's still really close

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

a Loving Dog posted:

let me know what you did w/r/t replacement or repair because im in korea and this is my nightmare

still working on it...the sony support website doesn't let me connect from here and I haven't been able to get them on the phone yet. I really might have to wait until I get back in january which does kind of blow.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i think there's another hidden bonfire in the poison DLC that i have just never found. it's somewhere in the temple

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

i think there's another hidden bonfire in the poison DLC that i have just never found. it's somewhere in the temple

its not too hard to find .. iirc u just have to shoot a button or something.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I.N.R.I posted:

its not too hard to find .. iirc u just have to shoot a button or something.

yeah, run through the spike room, avoid the phantoms, go up that ladder, drop down to the staircase that descends to the sanctum, turn around halfway, shoot the button, go back up to where you dropped down, jump the chasm, tag the bonfire. it makes exploring the shrine a lot easier.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the ascent from firelink to killing the gargs and ringing the bell is perfection. it's such great level design.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i found a secret bonfire so that help A TON

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Bobnumerotres posted:

its pretty easy to just run past all of that after the first or second time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

just thought of an awesome YouTube video idea...it's footage of the walk into the area in Bloodborne with the machine gunner, and you walk out and freak out and jump behind a wall after he starts firing on you wildly and Ocelot comes on and says "The enemy gunship...". Feel free to make this content if you want

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
unlock an achievement as you do it so that you get slowdown and have it play the reflex mode sounds

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
Man if Ocelot saw the way hunters in Bloodborne aim and fire their guns, he'd go ballistic. He'd prolly send them all to the brig.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Boss, you broke their barrels!? That wasn't part of the mission, but

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

just thought of an awesome YouTube video idea...it's footage of the walk into the area in Bloodborne with the machine gunner, and you walk out and freak out and jump behind a wall after he starts firing on you wildly and Ocelot comes on and says "The enemy gunship...". Feel free to make this content if you want

you should send that idea to the meme guy in g0ms thread

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The bad rats are really unnerving to fight, and the one that flew out of the building with the spiral staircase that opens the short cut from the bottom of old yarnam to the top of old yarnam made me scream at the tv like pewds i was so scare :henget:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i shout oh gently caress oh poo poo oh jesus the bad rats at the tv

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

not the sewer rats btw but the rats from the bad rats quake game that live on the bridge b4 chapel beast and so on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

mysterious loyall X posted: