Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Tae posted:

So I listened to a Toby Fox interview and I didn't realize he just turned 24. gently caress.

Dude's been doing stuff since at least 2009. I don't know when the earthbound hack was but it was before then. Actually probably since before 2009 since he was doing music for Homestuck a couple thousand pages in (which was maybe a year. Andrew Hussie was really prolific there for the first four acts)

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Oct 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Dias posted:

If Undertale didn't make me feel happy, knowing a dude about my age made that while I'm unemployed and depressed would just make me feel worse, honestly. :p

same but replace Undertale with Liam

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Woolie and Liam don't seriously think that Beginner's Guide is nonfiction after "Stop adding lampposts to my games", right?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

A game that poo poo's its narrative and thematic pants super hard right at the finish line. Because it's supposed to be the narrator telling a story about someone real (Who is obviously not but whatevs) and their experience with them and their (Hilariously wrong) interpretations of the games they make and going through just their games. But then you play a game not made by them where suddenly the narrator seems to be talking live and not as a pre-written script and also reveals that the games were all edited well ahead of time by the narrator so anything you could gleam from them is already hosed.

TGB is interesting but not very good.

Yeah, it's certainly not worth the money and it's pretentious as all hell but I do like the idea behind the story- it botches the ending but the idea behind it was interesting enough for me. A playable apology letter is unique.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

These Saga robots are freaking me out.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So how are you supposed to S-rank this infection thing, because going through and manually putting all these dudes into quarantine sounds like Dark Souls broken sword run tedium.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

RareAcumen posted:

So how are you supposed to S-rank this infection thing, because going through and manually putting all these dudes into quarantine sounds like Dark Souls broken sword run tedium.

fastest way is just to burn through the next few missions until it resolves itself because losing like 60 losers isn't really a big deal when you'll be drowning in higher rank recruits later

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Is this Super Depression Quest EX

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

A game that poo poo's its narrative and thematic pants super hard right at the finish line. Because it's supposed to be the narrator telling a story about someone real (Who is obviously not but whatevs) and their experience with them and their (Hilariously wrong) interpretations of the games they make and going through just their games. But then you play a game not made by them where suddenly the narrator seems to be talking live and not as a pre-written script and also reveals that the games were all edited well ahead of time by the narrator so anything you could gleam from them is already hosed.

TGB is interesting but not very good.

What do you mean it was revealed they were all edited? I didn't see that, unless you mean the "stop adding lamp posts to my games" line which I thought was just a really obvious metaphor for "stop trying to find a solution to my life" rather than the narrator literally messing with the games.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

sirtommygunn posted:

What do you mean it was revealed they were all edited? I didn't see that, unless you mean the "stop adding lamp posts to my games" line which I thought was just a really obvious metaphor for "stop trying to find a solution to my life" rather than the narrator literally messing with the games.

The narrator literally coming clean when he makes the bridge saying he's edited the games already (The house one he's talking about there). That fact plus the fact that he constantly is jumping you ahead through a lot of the puzzles/mazes 'Code' put in makes it seem a lot more literal about lightpost thing.

The lightposts aren't coda's style, most of their games are uncomplete-able by design or at least very very very tedious to get to the end to (The game where you play with teh your eyse closed for example. The lightposts both as ideas and objects never fit anything coda designs., but here they are, at the end of every single game, even the ones you were never ever supposed to be able to 'beat'. It's why the Fortress, a game super heavy-nhandedly telling Davey to gently caress off and leave them alone features traps you'd have to cheat through, because it's a hard message to deliver, but they knew Davey would do it, do anything, to get to the end. Clear endings and focal points and reasons aren't something 'coda' ever really focused on.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

The narrator literally coming clean when he makes the bridge saying he's edited the games already (The house one he's talking about there). That fact plus the fact that he constantly is jumping you ahead through a lot of the puzzles/mazes 'Code' put in makes it seem a lot more literal about lightpost thing.

The lightposts aren't coda's style, most of their games are uncomplete-able by design or at least very very very tedious to get to the end to (The game where you play with teh your eyse closed for example. The lightposts both as ideas and objects never fit anything coda designs., but here they are, at the end of every single game, even the ones you were never ever supposed to be able to 'beat'. It's why the Fortress, a game super heavy-nhandedly telling Davey to gently caress off and leave them alone features traps you'd have to cheat through, because it's a hard message to deliver, but they knew Davey would do it, do anything, to get to the end. Clear endings and focal points and reasons aren't something 'coda' ever really focused on.

Yeah, I also took the lighthouse line as literally meaning coda did not put those there. Davey is so eager to apply his framework and way of thinking to the games, he has to give each some goal, some conclusion, some note to end on. This is why coda is so disgusted with what has happened, and feels violated by Davey doing this to their games (read: soul).

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah you're right, I'd somehow forgotten he'd said that despite playing through the game and watching the video. I think the rest of your post is spot on too. Sorry about instantly caving in on a potentially interesting conversation.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
the beginners guide was pretty good. that was a really good video to have them do after the hell of dang gone ron paul

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
So I don't remember who it was, but thanks again for any who pointed me in the right direction regarding iPads and the Stratus controllers. We recorded a FULL LP of Forgotten Memories (It's only 1hr 30 min) for the shitstorm, and it went really really.

Now, I need some more help! I would like to do something with the PC version of The Punisher (the old THQ game) and I have the game running on my PC fine, I also have a patch/fix that enables an HD 16:9 widescreen mode, but I'm trying to find some way to get ANY of the uncensored patches to work. These are patches you run that disable the black and white filters, as well as hack the camera to focus on the kills (instead of cutting away as intended)

What happens is that these uncensored patches are pretty out of date, and seemingly no longer work on Windows 7 or later. When I try to start the patch up, I get the classic, "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file" no matter what I do, even if I run it in as administrator. Running the patche in Windows XP compatibility mode does nothing as well (I read this might be a solution) and I'm all out of ideas. I was able to run the game, fully patched years ago, on my parents old desktop, and other than someone going back in time, I can't figure out how to get the Punisher running uncensored.

Any help would be immensely welcome!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The Suffering's actually kinda neat. It's not the greatest but I love the crazy plot. It goes into some real Fight Club territory eventually.
And yeah there's some information overload at the start if you're not attentive, it's mostly setting up the players.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
The punisher is a choice game to play, hope someone can fix the uncensored patch because that game has some hilarious executions.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Depths posted:

The punisher is a choice game to play, hope someone can fix the uncensored patch because that game has some hilarious executions.

There's a point where you can execute someone using a rhinoceros.

Game owns.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Bad news, the next character for Guilty Gear was voted and it's...Dizzy.

Bridget and Baiken were 2nd and 3rd.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Also Johnny Cage got added to that weird NetherRealm WWE game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtB9qP2rfOw

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm fine with Baiken not being in the game, thanks. Was kinda hoping for Bridget or O. Sol, but Dizzy's alright.

Also Cage looks terrible with the MKX look in his MK9 outfit.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Oooooooh noooooooo Street Figher X Tekken a straight out bad game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waYN7m1k1FM

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I'm hype as gently caress

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

oh my loving god

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That was a good fisticuffs

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I can imagine Woolie had the biggest shiteating grin when he brought up sacrificing your team mate for extra time on the clock.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Al-Saqr posted:

Oooooooh noooooooo Street Figher X Tekken a straight out bad game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waYN7m1k1FM

AHH! THE BIGGEST OF ALL NIGHTMARES! JAB PRESSURE!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So that Jojo game has a new original villain designed by Araki himself.

It's Dio. After Dio went to heaven. It's stand name is The World Over Heaven

They also announced Gyro, Johnny, Valentine, and Diego

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Oct 17, 2015

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Is it me, or do normals take FOREVER to cause damage in SF X Tekken?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
SFxT has worse damage scaling in SF4 due to the fact its combo system allows for more intricate combos, but it does not account for that so there's no point to ever do them and damage is absolutely poo poo on them. Throws are also terrible in that game too. That game has like 4 million problems withit.

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin
Did they ever fix the Pac Man infinite combo of forward and jab?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Pat should put this on his calendar, Yakuza 5 is slated for November 5th.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Oh my god King Boo

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Man, the sound's badly desynced here, is it just my PC being poo poo?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Dias posted:

Man, the sound's badly desynced here, is it just my PC being poo poo?

It's real bad

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm guessing the crashes hosed things up. Also, how come there's no Jolyne costumes for Juri, what the gently caress?

Man, SFxT is such a good concept dumped into the trash. :smith:

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

The Great Depression was caused by a tsunami: confirmed.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So that Jojo game has a new original villain designed by Araki himself.

It's Dio. After Dio went to heaven. It's stand name is The World Over Heaven

It's a theoretical character that doesn't fit into the real canon, but it makes sense of you read Part 6.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dias posted:

I'm guessing the crashes hosed things up. Also, how come there's no Jolyne costumes for Juri, what the gently caress?

Man, SFxT is such a good concept dumped into the trash. :smith:

The game has a lot of cool aesthetic stuff, a lot of love for the Tekken series with how they adapted them, the cinematic trailers were amazing, the story mode has fun and cool stories with a lot of nice dynamic teams, and personally, I enjoy the music. Unfortunately the game is so loving awful in every other conceivable way that it's impossible to look upon those things without being reminded of the lovely game that lies beneath them.

RIP SFxT, you at least got me a nice bank

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Bad Box-art Mega Man deserved better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Silentman0 posted:

It's a theoretical character that doesn't fit into the real canon, but it makes sense of you read Part 6.

Hell, it makes sense even without that. Remember that DIO was still recovering and getting used to his powers when Jotaro and co. showed up in Egypt. If they hadn't stopped him when they did who knows what level of super saiyan he could have achieved?