Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
did they fix the mgsv weapon customization bug already?
:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

duckfarts posted:

I think so. :negative:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I don't even own the game and that offends me. At least bethesda actually knows when glitches need to stay in the game.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Well, that bug was messing up people playing FOBs, since you could take those weapons there. Also Konami seems to try hard to cement their position of "Worst Game Company Ever", because the same patch that did this, limits your in-game wallet capacity to 500k GMP if you play offline. If you go online, you get all the cash over 500k you had, but since you play online people can steal that from you in the FOB.

EDIT: vvvvvv Nope, 500k: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnxVhq17Jmw

Kikas has a new favorite as of 19:38 on Oct 11, 2015

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
I'm pretty sure it's 5 million, which was the cap beforehand, because there's stuff that costs way more than 500,000 to develop. also GMP can't be stolen.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

duckfarts posted:

Yep, and I learned to my surprise that I was using it for a couple of silencers. :negative:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Kikas posted:

Well, that bug was messing up people playing FOBs, since you could take those weapons there. Also Konami seems to try hard to cement their position of "Worst Game Company Ever", because the same patch that did this, limits your in-game wallet capacity to 500k GMP if you play offline. If you go online, you get all the cash over 500k you had, but since you play online people can steal that from you in the FOB.

I'm going to boot up the game right now just so I can prove you wrong, give me just a minute

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Started in offline mode, disagreeing to the terms of use on the title menu

And I haven't even built an fob, something I will not do, which the game never forced me to do

edit: I can still earn gmp just fine and it's added straight to my total too.

(taken just after the counter finished totaling it up)

Of course it might only apply on consoles and not on PC but that would make no sense whatsoever. I hope that's not the case or boy will the egg be on my face on this one

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 19:55 on Oct 11, 2015

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh I assumed it was on PC too, as it seemed like these patches dropped at once.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I'm guessing you're off by a decimal point, and much like resources/harvested plants, you can store GMP in excess of the normal 5,000k limit in your online FOB.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

CJacobs posted:

Started in offline mode, disagreeing to the terms of use on the title menu
Do you actually have the patch in question, then? Usually, failing to accept the terms means that you don't get the patch.

TZer0
Jun 22, 2013
Recorded two glithces I found 10 years ago in UFO: Aftermath.

Sometimes the maps misbehave: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RzLEQLwDeQ
Healing is considered an attack and triggers shield-animations for some strange reason: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls1qaER6egs

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

duckfarts posted:

You can still use cheat engine to do it. But yes, they removed the best glitch.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 41 hours!

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I don't even own the game and that offends me. At least bethesda actually knows when glitches need to stay in the game.

Actually, even Bethesda usually removes game-breaking bugs like that one. Stuff like Oblivion's arrow-duplication glitch usually gets removed, because it trivializes the difficulty and devalues the game experience. The bugs they specifically intend to keep are things like the Giant Space Program in Skyrim, where the result doesn't actually hurt the gameplay since whatever got killed is already dead. Don't ask me how the Enchanting-Alchemy Loop stayed, though, that poo poo's egregious given how the rest of the game was designed. Technically not a bug, though.

Still, this sort of bug is something I'd expect the developers to fix in almost all cases, since as funny as it is it really does hurt the game as a package. Even Sonic Boom patched out the infinite-height glitch, although in that case I should argue they shouldn't have since that was accidentally really good game design.

Cleretic has a new favorite as of 08:50 on Oct 12, 2015

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Nuebot posted:

You can still use cheat engine to do it. But yes, they removed the best glitch.

Thanks for the info, will try this out at some point down the road.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

I get what you're saying but if it's glitches you have to go out of your way to perform, why not let them in so that people who enjoy messing around with them can chose to do so? It's like good old cheats that become so seemingly rare nowadays (even though Bethesda actually kept giving you access to their console and cheats).

Of course this argument breaks down as soon as a glitch affects multilayer stuff so the mgs glitch isn't a very good example in this case. :shrug:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

It doesn't appear to have fixed existing customized weapons, though. I have a rubber-bullet firing SMG with a silencer I can't put on it anymore.

So people who already have bullshit like a shotgun-spread rocket launcher can apparently still use it!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Zereth posted:

It doesn't appear to have fixed existing customized weapons, though. I have a rubber-bullet firing SMG with a silencer I can't put on it anymore.

So people who already have bullshit like a shotgun-spread rocket launcher can apparently still use it!

Yeah, they didn't bother resetting weapons. They might as well have left it in and just made it so customized weapons couldn't be used in the FOBs anyway because slapping a silencer on a tranq sniper of choice just basically trivializes all of them. Even if they get alerted you can just walk around shooting them in the ankles and letting them pass the gently caress out one after the other. The ankles have no armor. Faces either.

likewise they half fixed the glitch where you could finish one mission early and get no rank on it, forever locking you out of the S rank completion rewards. Now the things you have to destroy always respawn when you do the mission. However they didn't reset the ranks of people who got the null rank.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I don't even understand why I can't put a better silencer on the riot SMG. Guess I'm just gonna be using the level 4 version forever.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Zereth posted:

I don't even understand why I can't put a better silencer on the riot SMG. Guess I'm just gonna be using the level 4 version forever.

I think you can get a medium suppressor, but it's a ways down the upgrade line for SMGs and you can't use the assault rifle one unfortunately.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Cleretic posted:

Actually, even Bethesda usually removes game-breaking bugs like that one. Stuff like Oblivion's arrow-duplication glitch usually gets removed, because it trivializes the difficulty and devalues the game experience. The bugs they specifically intend to keep are things like the Giant Space Program in Skyrim, where the result doesn't actually hurt the gameplay since whatever got killed is already dead. Don't ask me how the Enchanting-Alchemy Loop stayed, though, that poo poo's egregious given how the rest of the game was designed. Technically not a bug, though.

Still, this sort of bug is something I'd expect the developers to fix in almost all cases, since as funny as it is it really does hurt the game as a package. Even Sonic Boom patched out the infinite-height glitch, although in that case I should argue they shouldn't have since that was accidentally really good game design.

I forgot that MGS has the FOBs which was why I was complaining, if you can take broken weapons into multiplayer then it definitely makes sense to fix it. But I mentioned bethesda because of the giant space program and the ability to steal things by putting a pot on someone's head.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I forgot that MGS has the FOBs which was why I was complaining, if you can take broken weapons into multiplayer then it definitely makes sense to fix it. But I mentioned bethesda because of the giant space program and the ability to steal things by putting a pot on someone's head.

Didn't they fix the pot glitch?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Fathis Munk posted:

Of course this argument breaks down as soon as a glitch affects multilayer stuff so the mgs glitch isn't a very good example in this case. :shrug:

Tribes :colbert:

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Roro posted:

Didn't they fix the pot glitch?

Pretty sure no. It was never easy to pull off though, I think the hands-on-the-table stance a lot of shopkeeps do makes it harder to balance the pot for some reason.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
In the original X-COM game, the actual gameplay mode where you fight and shoot aliens (I think it was called the geoscape) would (for some people) glitch out or crash. The result would be that the game would just completely skip the entire battle, dumping you to the end-of-battle screen with the results of the last battle you were able to complete, unglitched. Pretty sure it even gave you appropriate loot for completion.

Being a kid when I first played the game, I couldn't really figure out why the game's manual would describe a ground battle against the aliens, because from my point of view the game just simulated a battle each time without you having to do a thing! It was quite a long time before me or my dad realized something was wrong and was able to fix it.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Nuebot posted:

Yeah, they didn't bother resetting weapons. They might as well have left it in and just made it so customized weapons couldn't be used in the FOBs anyway because slapping a silencer on a tranq sniper of choice just basically trivializes all of them. Even if they get alerted you can just walk around shooting them in the ankles and letting them pass the gently caress out one after the other. The ankles have no armor. Faces either.

likewise they half fixed the glitch where you could finish one mission early and get no rank on it, forever locking you out of the S rank completion rewards. Now the things you have to destroy always respawn when you do the mission. However they didn't reset the ranks of people who got the null rank.

If you disallowed all customizable weapons in FOBs, you wouldn't be able to bring in the rifles with the grenade launcher attached.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Payday 2 updated today.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Cleretic posted:

I used to use the dropped paintbrush glitch (where paintbrushes would hover around face level when you dropped them and you could build an endless jump staircase anywhere with them) all the time in Oblivion to bypass certain places. I'm assuming that's probably been removed by now though

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Agents are GO! posted:

Well, I was playing around with Open Morrowind earlier, and the only crash I got was with this very helpful error message:

Helpful.

Crossposting.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xFLLWPTbqI

GnuUzir
Oct 16, 2009

At first I was going to say easy channel to pick, but that was a good one.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Aesop Poprock posted:

I used to use the dropped paintbrush glitch (where paintbrushes would hover around face level when you dropped them and you could build an endless jump staircase anywhere with them) all the time in Oblivion to bypass certain places. I'm assuming that's probably been removed by now though

Nope, that's still in there.

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.
Also, I'm pretty sure they didn't remove the item duplication glitch entirely, they just made it so that you couldn't do it with a bow anymore.

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

internet celebrity posted:

Russian driving simulator goes hilariously wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0wjGh-uX2g

So, I've been trying to track down this video from the very beginning of the thread, which has unfortunately gone private. I'm fairly sure the game in question was City Car Driving. The video ended with the person stopping their car in traffic, so that the other cars slowly nudged the car until it flipped over, at which point it started flying upwards into the sky, followed by all the other cars. Does anybody remember this?

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Lamprey Cannon posted:

So, I've been trying to track down this video from the very beginning of the thread, which has unfortunately gone private. I'm fairly sure the game in question was City Car Driving.

You are correct, and I do remember that video. Unfortunately, I can't find a copy of it, but there do appear to be other bug videos about the game.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

Lamprey Cannon posted:

So, I've been trying to track down this video from the very beginning of the thread, which has unfortunately gone private. I'm fairly sure the game in question was City Car Driving. The video ended with the person stopping their car in traffic, so that the other cars slowly nudged the car until it flipped over, at which point it started flying upwards into the sky, followed by all the other cars. Does anybody remember this?

I remember the one, but I seem to recall that it wasn't so much a bug as it was an anti-piracy measure where you could play for however long before the game just gave up on any semblance of physics for being a dirty thief.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Bloodborne has randomly generated dungeons. They can get very janky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR3tO1Lbudc

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
During cutscenes in Mass Effect 2, if you move the camera from its intended position with hacks, you can see how the devs "cheat" to make certain scenes work.
The way Jacob takes off his shirt is equally clever and hilarious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMG09tw_UHM

Also, I recommend checking out the rest of this channel: https://youtube.com/user/agsii1/videos
It's less glitches and more intentional game braking, but I can't stop laughing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFR4socSv_E

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Dragonwagon posted:

During cutscenes in Mass Effect 2, if you move the camera from its intended position with hacks, you can see how the devs "cheat" to make certain scenes work.
The way Jacob takes off his shirt is equally clever and hilarious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMG09tw_UHM

:tali: donjohnsonsunglasses.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Holy poo poo that male shep eyerolling