Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

DonDoodles posted:

New video posted to youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEgRzvslKLY

"Starfleet Dental: Together Towards a Harmonious Tomorrow"

Thanks for everyone who came out to help me get this done.

Best music choice yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Da Mott Man posted:

Best music choice yet.

It was a toss up between this song or "Where da Hood At" by DMX.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

DonDoodles posted:

It was a toss up between this song or "Where da Hood At" by DMX.

You made the correct choice.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Excellent move ending with a Mystery Men quote.

Midgetman
Feb 19, 2010
i want to play again but i cant get this game to launch since upgrading to windows 10.. and google doesnt help much at all

bubbles depo
Jul 25, 2006

doot doot!

Midgetman posted:

i want to play again but i cant get this game to launch since upgrading to windows 10.. and google doesnt help much at all

Windows 10 knows what it's doing.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
That's odd. I'm on 10, and i've had no problems.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Nita posted:

Five years later my @handle still inspires pubbie rage

[10/16 8:07] Shadowhawk@lorddemon1973: go gently caress yourself Spacedonz, you piece of poo poo troll
[10/16 8:08] Shadowhawk@lorddemon1973: with an @handle like that you're an obvious troll
[10/16 8:08] [Tell] Shadowhawk@lorddemon1973: get hosed

What does Lord Demon 1973 mean!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Looks like they're going to gently caress us out of the 2.5x xp week.

Yesterday the progress bar went live at 9 AM PST, and by 1 pm PST had reached 81% full. about 20% per hour.

Then, borticus logged on and fielded some questions in reddit chat channel.

At that time, the bar stopped moving, and afterward only moved at a rate of 1% per hour, 20x slower than before bort logged on.

At 1pm PST today, it's on tier2 but pegged at 0% complete.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Da Mott Man posted:

You made the correct choice.

Yup, its so good

Rahhmi
Aug 18, 2015

GO WEEDJI!

[05/28/2016 12:40:42 AM] Pulse: don't stir up my
personal drama, please

DonDoodles posted:

New video posted to youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEgRzvslKLY

"Starfleet Dental: Together Towards a Harmonious Tomorrow"

Thanks for everyone who came out to help me get this done.

Absolutely Beautiful, As I will continue to say everywhere in response to it's posting!

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

fakemirage posted:

:spooky: A Goony Halloween :spooky:

Do you like ships?

Of course you like ships, it's just what you'll need with the new Admiral system around the corner!

How about getting all of these ships?Until the end of this month (oct 31st) I will be holding a contest to find the most :psypop: pubby you can find. This can be either by their outfit, content of their bio or through their actions or chatter; something that makes the pubby you found the most unnerving and creepiest of Halloween monsters.

Entries can be in the form of screenshots or logs, and just post them in this thread so I can see them.

Let the one with the worst pubby win!

(if you're interested in some science ships you can check out my writing or screenshots contests)

Does Xean count for purposes of this contest? Because I think it'll be pretty hard to top him :v:

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

-Troika- posted:

Does Xean count for purposes of this contest? Because I think it'll be pretty hard to top him :v:
Xean (just like Linamia and Sollvax) is a valid entry, but you'd have to enter with something new rather than using old chat logs, screenshots or videos.

I'm OK if the same pubby is entered by more than one person, it's the quality of the submitted entry on its own that is important, rather than who the pubby actually is or our history with them.

fakemirage fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Oct 16, 2015

Evil_Urna
Aug 16, 2004
IGNORE ME I MAKE BAD CHOICES!

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

hakimashou posted:

Looks like they're going to gently caress us out of the 2.5x xp week.

Yesterday the progress bar went live at 9 AM PST, and by 1 pm PST had reached 81% full. about 20% per hour.

Then, borticus logged on and fielded some questions in reddit chat channel.

At that time, the bar stopped moving, and afterward only moved at a rate of 1% per hour, 20x slower than before bort logged on.

At 1pm PST today, it's on tier2 but pegged at 0% complete.
Does this really surprise you? Bort hates letting players get extra XP. He's also currently lowering XP rewards from the admiralty system on tribble. And I'm pretty sure tribble is still giving double XP, so prepare to be underwhelmed with the XP rewards when season 11 finally goes live.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
:siren: ART PROJECT :siren:

As some of you may know, the United Nations recently held a symposium on the cyber-violence such as cybobully and trole and determined it was equivalent to real-world violence such as seen in Sudan.

As some of you may not know, confidential sources indicate that xean may be planning a campaign to get PWE/Cryptic Studios to become party to the International Criminal Court. Presumably, he plans to bring charges against prominent members of the Dental fleets in the ICC and see us punished for our imagined crimes.

Since we have always wanted to help xean and his fleet, I think this is an opportunity for us to show our good intentions and helpful dispositions.

So, would any of the ahtists among us be so inclined, i suggest making a series of international ICC wanted posters for various goons, showing pictures of their sto toons and lists of charges.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Wanted: Members of Starfleet Dental for the capital crime of not being autistic but logging into a game filled with autistic narcissistic ERPers and ruining wank sessions with the power of disco.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
I just wanted to play a game flying space ships and using weapons on various aliens, is that so wrong?

Evil_Urna
Aug 16, 2004

hakimashou posted:

As some of you may know, the United Nations recently held a symposium on the cyber-violence such as cybobully and trole and determined it was equivalent to real-world violence such as seen in Sudan.

As some of you may not know, confidential sources indicate that xean may be planning a campaign to get PWE/Cryptic Studios to become party to the International Criminal Court. Presumably, he plans to bring charges against prominent members of the Dental fleets in the ICC and see us punished for our imagined crimes.

Since we have always wanted to help xean and his fleet, I think this is an opportunity for us to show our good intentions and helpful dispositions.

So, would any of the ahtists among us be so inclined, i suggest making a series of international ICC wanted posters for various goons, showing pictures of their sto toons and lists of charges.

Like this?

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

hakimashou posted:

Welp, time for a massive goon exodus to South Africa, a nation with big enough balls not to be scared of those ICC bullies.

Cyntalan
Jun 28, 2011
Been a while since I've poked my head in here. Gotta get a refresher course. Can I get access to the wesley wiki? Username is Cyntalan.

Da Mott Man
Aug 3, 2012

Cyntalan posted:

Been a while since I've poked my head in here. Gotta get a refresher course. Can I get access to the wesley wiki? Username is Cyntalan.

Done.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Woah, hey! It looks like Protogoth did, in fact, get banned from the STO forums, though not from the Green Orions thread. Anyone know what happened?

DonDoodles fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Oct 17, 2015

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Wow, that's low. Don't blame getting an infraction for your piss poor behavior on Trendy's car accident. poo poo head.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Technical Analysis posted:

Wow, that's low. Don't blame getting an infraction for your piss poor behavior on Trendy's car accident. poo poo head.

Not as bad as the guy bitching on reddit about getting banned from the STO forums and calling Trendy's accident "karma." But yes, still very low and terrible.

This guy is worse then pathetic:

STO redditor meltdown posted:

And my access to a community I was interacting with on a daily basis was permanently taken away from me because Trendy disagreed with me, and rather than hash it out with me like an adult she chose to abuse her power instead. Consider that.

And no, emotional anguish and abuse ARE important, and CAN be as significant as physical pain, particularly as I know for a fact I am not the only one she has done this to.

And, of course, completely deranged.

Same Reddit sperg posted:

Oh, did I? I'm not even aware of what happened. Was she hit? Was she driving? Did she cause an accident? I don't know. Nor do I particularly care what the circumstances are,

All I said that karma's a bitch. Nothing more. For someone who, again, abuses the STO forums like her own personal fiefdom and boasts about how many people she's banned each day, some minor back pain sounds like an appropriate level of karma getting it's own back.

Moreover, that's obviously not what I was banned for is it? Obviously I'm angry now, after she abused her position to ban me and then ignore my petitions for help because now I see just what kind of person she really is.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Won't someone think of the poor autistic narcissistic sociopaths? :ohdear:

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
What a tyrant, Moderating. On a forum! How insane!

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Hahaha who posted the video on Reddit? I was wondering why I got 4 downvotes in less than 10 minutes. I thought Protogoth had gotten ahold of it.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
sub-nagus goaark has made a new account to shitpost with on the sto forum

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/12749945

"binkley" on there

the account he got banned on is gar1979

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/profile/gar1979

He's the one who spammed xean's farewell thread with all kinds of drunken rambling poo poo.

It so happens that when you flag a post (which apparently works again!) on the sto forum, one of the reasons you can specify is "evading suspension/ban."

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

DonDoodles posted:

Woah, hey! It looks like Protogoth did, in fact, get banned from the STO forums, though not from the Green Orions thread. Anyone know what happened?

I haven't seen anything on the forums (aside from a ridiculous attempt to claim credit for Trendy organising those story blogs into a compendium, based on a post it made months ago that nobody read) but this is not remotely a surprise: as soon as Protogoth got a warning I was pretty sure it would be banned shortly afterward - as unlike STOLeviathan, Protogoth just cannot help itself - it would inevitably see the infraction as a gross injustice (as Protogoth is always 100% right) and would subject Trendy to a barrage of lippy and snide comments.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.
So I was hanging out at a party, dancing like one does, I received a random pvp challenge from a (challenged) individual.

After a couple of short rounds they beamed out and the following transpired.

quote:

[Tell] Lauren Biddle@l31: So game staff?
[Tell] Lauren Biddle@l31: Because a one shot on me when using all epic. You've got to be cheating.
[Local] Lauren Biddle@l31: Why are we getting trolled by game staff?
[Local] DJ Kinneas@Kinneas: It turns them on.
[Local] Lauren Biddle@l31: I'm not a push over yet got one shot disintigrated 3 times.
[Local] Lauren Biddle@l31: I'm set all for ground too.
[Local] DJ Kinneas@Kinneas: Oh there are some epic epic players out there. It can happen.
[Local] Nbreeki@nabreeki: What's your setup?
[Local] DJ Kinneas@Kinneas: I've been seeing the most amazing firepower in the last few weeks.
[Local] Nbreeki@nabreeki: Epic gear doesn't mean anything
[Local] Ribbon@atquick: You're only as Epic as you feel.
[Local] DJ Kinneas@Kinneas: Well you know what I mean. Great players.
[Local] Nbreeki@nabreeki: Epic is inside you.
[Local] Rainfall@Zairen: idiotsd.
[Local] Lauren Biddle@l31: Ultra Hirogen Armour, Iconian shield plus pulsewave. Ultra TR116B.
They're onto us. :ssh:

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

hakimashou posted:

sub-nagus goaark has made a new account to shitpost with on the sto forum

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/12749945

"binkley" on there

the account he got banned on is gar1979

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/profile/gar1979

He's the one who spammed xean's farewell thread with all kinds of drunken rambling poo poo.

It so happens that when you flag a post (which apparently works again!) on the sto forum, one of the reasons you can specify is "evading suspension/ban."

Speaking of posters (Protogoth) who can't help themselves, here's another one. How long did this guy spend on ESD last night shouting down the evil denalt trolls, despite the fact that most of the people telling him to shut up were pubbies?

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Testosterone levels have recently experienced a massive spike.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Ludicro posted:

Testosterone levels have recently experienced a massive spike.

That's great!

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Anyone fancy critiquing my Fleet Mogai Warbird? What I'm aiming for once I'm done with rep and have enough dil.

For - 4 x XIV AP beams (All have pen with a mix of dmg/critH/critD)
Aft - 1 x XIV AP, Cutting beam and AP omi

Iconian Shield, Impulse and deflector
Elite fleet AMP Singularity
Engineering - Leach, Shield Frequency generator, Ablative hazard, Assimlated module
Tac - 5 x 30% AP damage, will get the crit ones eventually
Science - 2 x Flow consoles

Starship traits - Recip, Supremacy and emergency weapon cycle
Space traits - Nakura aug def and offense, enhanced shield pen, 4% crit, 5% armour pen
Personal - Ablative shell, Accurate, Biotech Patch, Rom operative, crippling fire, elusive, living hull, nanite repair matrix and point blank shot.

Also looking at another ship to gently caress around with in a few weeks and Galor was recommended but wasn't too sure if its decent DPS due to 3 tac consoles. Ar'kif any good?

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Boffs

Tac - FAW I, TT II, FAW III, APO III
Tac - TT1, APB II
Science - polar hull
Universal - hazard emit, ST II, OSS III
Eng - EP shield I, ET II, EP weapon III

Doffs

3 x chance to reduce emergency power time
1 x Zamok
1 x 40% chance to remove debuffs on emergency power

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.

Tai posted:

Also looking at another ship to gently caress around with in a few weeks and Galor was recommended but wasn't too sure

You shut your blaspheming mouth before you say something you really regret. The Galor is Dukat's gift to STO.

Space Hero Keith
Sep 26, 2015

Tai posted:

Anyone fancy critiquing my Fleet Mogai Warbird? What I'm aiming for once I'm done with rep and have enough dil.

For - 4 x XIV AP beams (All have pen with a mix of dmg/critH/critD)
Aft - 1 x XIV AP, Cutting beam and AP omi

Iconian Shield, Impulse and deflector
Elite fleet AMP Singularity
Engineering - Leach, Shield Frequency generator, Ablative hazard, Assimlated module
Tac - 5 x 30% AP damage, will get the crit ones eventually
Science - 2 x Flow consoles

Starship traits - Recip, Supremacy and emergency weapon cycle
Space traits - Nakura aug def and offense, enhanced shield pen, 4% crit, 5% armour pen
Personal - Ablative shell, Accurate, Biotech Patch, Rom operative, crippling fire, elusive, living hull, nanite repair matrix and point blank shot.

Also looking at another ship to gently caress around with in a few weeks and Galor was recommended but wasn't too sure if its decent DPS due to 3 tac consoles. Ar'kif any good?

It looks like you should be doing some pretty top-notch PvE performance with this build, as is. Here's some critiquing, regardless:

A mix of only [CrtD]/[Dmg] would get slightly better results than [CrtD]/[CrtH]/[Dmg] with [Pen] beams. I'd consider going with the Iconian core over the fleet core, since you're using OSS (hot restart is very useful with OSS). Personally, I'd replace the 2 embassy flow consoles with Bioneural Infusion Circuits and a Tachyokinetic Converter, but it probably wouldn't make a huge difference, damage-wise. I'd add the All Hands on Deck ship trait. I'd swap out the nukara defensive trait with the Dyson crit severity trait if it isn't critical to survival. I'd swap out some of those personal traits (accurate, biotech, elusive, living hull, nanite repair, potentially even romulan operative) with Inspirational Leader, Fluidic Coccoon, Intense Focus, and Beam Barrage (potentially Coalition Starship Tactics and Anchored, if survivability isn't already at the limit).

Tai posted:

Boffs

Tac - FAW I, TT II, FAW III, APO III
Tac - TT1, APB II
Science - polar hull
Universal - hazard emit, ST II, OSS III
Eng - EP shield I, ET II, EP weapon III

Doffs

3 x chance to reduce emergency power time
1 x Zamok
1 x 40% chance to remove debuffs on emergency power

Since you have Reciprocity, I'd change those Tac boffs to:

Tac - TT1, APB1, FAW3, APO3
Tac - Kemo1, Kemo2

You don't really need that Sci Team 2, since you're running with a valdore console. I'd swap it out with something offensive like a Destabilizing Resonance Beam or Tractor Beam Repulsor with a pull doff.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The Galor is overrated :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Space Hero Keith posted:

It looks like you should be doing some pretty top-notch PvE performance with this build, as is. Here's some critiquing, regardless:

A mix of only [CrtD]/[Dmg] would get slightly better results than [CrtD]/[CrtH]/[Dmg] with [Pen] beams. I'd consider going with the Iconian core over the fleet core, since you're using OSS (hot restart is very useful with OSS). Personally, I'd replace the 2 embassy flow consoles with Bioneural Infusion Circuits and a Tachyokinetic Converter, but it probably wouldn't make a huge difference, damage-wise. I'd add the All Hands on Deck ship trait. I'd swap out the nukara defensive trait with the Dyson crit severity trait if it isn't critical to survival. I'd swap out some of those personal traits (accurate, biotech, elusive, living hull, nanite repair, potentially even romulan operative) with Inspirational Leader, Fluidic Coccoon, Intense Focus, and Beam Barrage (potentially Coalition Starship Tactics and Anchored, if survivability isn't already at the limit).

Since you have Reciprocity, I'd change those Tac boffs to:

Tac - TT1, APB1, FAW3, APO3
Tac - Kemo1, Kemo2

You don't really need that Sci Team 2, since you're running with a valdore console. I'd swap it out with something offensive like a Destabilizing Resonance Beam or Tractor Beam Repulsor with a pull doff.

I do actually want Kemo but the price is high and there was talk in game of it being nerfed so holding off spending 300M.

• Locked thread