Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Why the heck would I troll about this subject? I mean I know many people who posted here only posted here because of some ridiculous patriotic USA! USA! thing when the initial (for those posters) news broke about FIFA being corrupt. But still. This is a subject I'm genuinely passionate about, and while the joke among every single football fan alive was 'blatter is a oval office' most of us now realise he's actually got the interests of the sport at heart, not personal financial gain. Unlike most of the Americans involved in the organisation.

International organisation corrupt, breaking news.

Blatter helped change the face of international football for the better. He made sure world cups were played in Asia and Africa. His vision for football was solid. Has been solid. Unfortunately for him the people around him, who I'm pretty sure he had little say over, did what most capitalist cunts do in similar positions.

Me. Me. Me. Me. Me.

Blatter is not at fault and I'll be proved right on this eventually.

This reminds me of ethics class in Uni where I had to argue in defense of Mengele's experiements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I for one am super glad that Sepp was there to give us the blessing of a World Cup in Qatar. He's the best.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Yes imagine the horror of a world without world cups in Asia and Africa.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Simone Poodoin posted:

I for one am super glad that Sepp was there to give us the blessing of a World Cup in Qatar. He's the best.

Incredibly, he was the only voice against it. Do your research.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Yes imagine the horror of a world without world cups in Asia and Africa.

Are you mental? Nobody wanted those things. They wanted traditions, the same grounds, the same countries. Those world cups were fantastic, if only because it opened the sport to those who thought they'd never see the greatest players play on their continent. If you think those world cups had no effect on the global game I'll assume you're American.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Was blatter responsible for the vuvuzela?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
His name sounds like what you would call someone who plays a vuvuzela

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Why the heck would I troll about this subject? I mean I know many people who posted here only posted here because of some ridiculous patriotic USA! USA! thing when the initial (for those posters) news broke about FIFA being corrupt. But still. This is a subject I'm genuinely passionate about, and while the joke among every single football fan alive was 'blatter is a oval office' most of us now realise he's actually got the interests of the sport at heart, not personal financial gain. Unlike most of the Americans involved in the organisation.

Blatter helped change the face of international football for the better. He made sure world cups were played in Asia and Africa. His vision for football was solid. Has been solid. Unfortunately for him the people around him, who I'm pretty sure he had little say over, did what most capitalist cunts do in similar positions.

Me. Me. Me. Me. Me.

Wait, you haven't been trolling this whole time?

Holy loving poo poo. Poe's Law in action.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Somewhere between fault and incompetence there is criminal negligence and that is where Blatter finds himself today.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Me. Me. Me. Me. Me.

I agree. Blatter did nothing wrong. He saved football.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

MoPZiG posted:

Somewhere between fault and incompetence there is criminal negligence and that is where Blatter finds himself today.

He's got all 3 in spades

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Incredibly, he was the only voice against it. Do your research.

If you don't think he already knew the outcome of that vote before it was cast and also knew that a token vote for the US would deflect heat from him, then you're as dumb as your posts have been.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
how could he have known?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Even if Blatter was always only acting in good faith to let his entire organiation underneath him be run so corruptly is negligent as hell.

Maybe you can't make the argument that he deserves prosecution but if he was 100% innocent and let things go on to that level without his knowledge then he shouldn't be running anything.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Spiegel is reporting that beckenbauer and the head of the DFB bought world cup 2006 for 13 million increments of German moon money.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

advanced statsman posted:

how could he have known?

Because Qatar bribed everyone. He knew the requisite number of votes were already paid for.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

That Works posted:

Even if Blatter was always only acting in good faith to let his entire organiation underneath him be run so corruptly is negligent as hell.

Maybe you can't make the argument that he deserves prosecution but if he was 100% innocent and let things go on to that level without his knowledge then he shouldn't be running anything.

You TFFers are easily trolled

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Sepp Blatter was so against the Qatar WC bid that he never came out and said anything bad about it, he just secretly voted for the US bid. A true hero.

Also - Sepp and Havelange only gave the world cup to developing countries because they needed those votes to stay in power to keep collecting bribes and kickbacks.

Hashtag Banterzone fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Oct 16, 2015

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
fun fact: i was literally born in the same town as sepp blatter.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

oliwan posted:

fun fact: i was literally born in the same town as sepp blatter.

We know.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

African AIDS cum posted:

You TFFers are easily trolled

I took sticky at his word that he wasn't trolling. Oh well.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

If you don't think he already knew the outcome of that vote before it was cast and also knew that a token vote for the US would deflect heat from him, then you're as dumb as your posts have been.

Okay, and how are you going to back that statement up? Are you saying that you think he knew the outcome or that you know for a fact he knew the outcome?

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Because Qatar bribed everyone. He knew the requisite number of votes were already paid for.

That is just hearsay and you should be ashamed of making such assumptions. Blatter did nothing wrong and there is no way he could've known. How do I know? Because he stated so. That's first hand knowledge.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

That Works posted:

You're a retarded child.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Okay, and how are you going to back that statement up? Are you saying that you think he knew the outcome or that you know for a fact he knew the outcome?

it's both an islamophobic conspiracy and American exceptionalism, but Blatter did nothing wrong

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

stickyfngrdboy posted:

You're a retarded child.
Pot, kettle, etc

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Sepp Blatter is a cool guy that made his way to the top of the most corrupt organisation in the world purely because he loves football and is a go getter

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I thought it was generally accepted that Qatar was Platini's thing and Blatter didn't want it?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

stickyfngrdboy posted:

You're a retarded child.

Uhhh... yeah whatever man.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

blue footed boobie posted:

I thought it was generally accepted that Qatar was Platini's thing and Blatter didn't want it?

no. blatter said he voted for the USA but i very much doubt the king of the brown envelope didnt benefit from one of the biggest briberies in history

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/34552570
Sepp Blatter: Fifa boss should remain in post - Bernie Ecclestone

quote:

Ecclestone said: "I don't think he should have ever stepped down. I don't think he should have been challenged.
"If people allegedly have been corrupted to make things happen in their country, it's good."
The 85-year-old added: "It's a tax football had to pay."

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Xenomrph posted:

Wait, you haven't been trolling this whole time?

Holy loving poo poo. Poe's Law in action.

He's still trolling hth

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Elliptical Dick posted:

He's still trolling hth
Like I said, Poe's law in action.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Sepp Blatter is a cool guy that made his way to the top of the most corrupt organisation in the world purely because he loves football and is a go getter

That sounds like the type of feel good story that could be turned into a commercially and critically successful film.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Germany bought the 2006 world cup...

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/documents-indicate-slush-fund-used-in-german-world-cup-bid-a-1058212.html

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Beckenbauer knew....

Brutal

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I for one am shocked at the involvement of Robert Louis-Dreyfus. Surely someone who owned Olympique de Marseille had the most sterling of reputations.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Jason Sextro posted:

I for one am shocked at the involvement of Robert Louis-Dreyfus. Surely someone who owned Olympique de Marseille had the most sterling of reputations.
The former owner of Adidas knew? And now i wonder why Adidas wouldn't join the other sponsors and tell Blatter to go? :smug:

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

stickyfngrdboy posted:

No, we're not. I've seen a few posters itt who are posting the same things I've been posting for months about blatter being literally the only good thing at FIFA, but I've got a feeling I'm the only one who actually believes that.

You are right, of course, but what's the point in arguing with retarded Americans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I'm sorry your idol and role model Blatter is as corrupt and evil as Saurons left nut. I mean that.