Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Nordick posted:

Ah, yes, the famous Brazilian Anglophilia

MariusLecter posted:

Oh, lol. I thought BR was short for British.

Most NA players just try to pretend that Brazilians don't exist. When they're on your team, they might as well not exist.

e: I should join CHAI given how much I'm page sniping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

MariusLecter posted:

Probably get to hear the crew hum "Rule, Britani! Britania rules the wave!" as the wreckage of your tank burns.

pretty sure BR is Brazil in which case every callout your crew makes is BLBLBLBLBLBL

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

BR flags make you lose every match 7-1.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

BR flags make you lose every match 7-1.

Oof, the Capfast Curse. Brutal.

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4
I just want to hear Allahu akbar anytime i shoot at someone in my 5355 is that to much to ask WG.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

MariusLecter posted:

Thanks Nordick, you're so smart. :)

MariusLecter posted:

Oh, lol. I thought BR was short for British.
:ironicat:

(No offense meant, I just found this amusing)

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Hellsau posted:

Most NA players just try to pretend that Brazilians don't exist. When they're on your team, they might as well not exist.
I find a majority of the Latin clans (MEX, LATIN, ect) tend to be rather underwhelming in performance more often than not.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

RanKizama posted:

I find a majority of the Latin clans (MEX, LATIN, ect) tend to be rather underwhelming in performance more often than not.

It isn't just Latin American clans. All nationalist clans are garbage, because nationalism is a disease that rots the mind and the will, giving people an excuse to not improve themselves. That lovely TEXAS clan, or those military "veteran" clans full of baby killers, or the fantasy nazi clans - they're all the same sort of awful player and awful teammate.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.
I was going to buy gold and premium time, is the scorpion worth the incremental 15 bucks or whatever as it's in the package?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Nordick posted:

:ironicat:

(No offense meant, I just found this amusing)

Hoisted by my own humerus.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Super 3 posted:

I was going to buy gold and premium time, is the scorpion worth the incremental 15 bucks or whatever as it's in the package?

Play the rental and then discover that no, no it isn't, you should buy an actual Good Tank instead. Maybe the "Two-Headed Giant" they're releasing on the 26th will be a good premium tahahahaha just kidding it'll be the KV-5 again.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Exia00 posted:

I just want to hear Allahu akbar anytime i shoot at someone in my 5355 is that to much to ask WG.

There's a mod for that you know: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU7ZnvQwoB8

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.

Hellsau posted:

Play the rental and then discover that no, no it isn't, you should buy an actual Good Tank instead. Maybe the "Two-Headed Giant" they're releasing on the 26th will be a good premium tahahahaha just kidding it'll be the KV-5 again.

gently caress it ill just buy some premium and gold.

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4

Not going to lie going to download this and probably get black mailed by isis. To try and pull only the arty sounds out of this.

Yeah i dont trust that file type and its probably way out of date anyway.

If only i knew how to mod i would totally add custom sounds.

Exia00 fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Oct 16, 2015

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jesus Christ Wargaming, please hire someone who knows how normal people think to write your press releases for you. The autistic computer programmers you're using now couldn't explain what poo poo smells like to a turd.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

From trying to customize a tank on test I can say that they actually capture how the system works perfectly.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Hellsau posted:

It isn't just Latin American clans. All nationalist clans are garbage, because nationalism is a disease that rots the mind and the will, giving people an excuse to not improve themselves. That lovely TEXAS clan, or those military "veteran" clans full of baby killers, or the fantasy nazi clans - they're all the same sort of awful player and awful teammate.
I got into it with some inbred window-licker "Ranger" from VET1 once. Sad to know they seem to all be that way, especially since I'm a former 11X (unassigned at the time of discharge) myself.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

MariusLecter posted:

The Israeli flag should also turn all other tanks into Palestinian children force someone else on your team to pay for your repair and ammo.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
The Großtraktor - Krupp has appeared for a few days in the SEA store.

I've literally never heard of nor seen this tank before. What the gently caress am I looking at.

EDIT: Apparently it's in the SEA store for the first time. This would explain me never seeing it before.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Do not kop. It's thoroughly mediocre if not outright bad.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

BadLlama posted:

Who is the local tank model nerd here, Rossum? I bought a tank model to build and of the like 200 parts half of them are for making the road wheels and I said gently caress that I am not spending hours putting together loving road wheels, how do you do this part without killing yourself.

What are you building, a T-35? Most other kits have merely a few dozen parts for the suspension (tracks excluded).

After building very many tanks, the suspension is still my least favourite part. The solution is to buy tanks with simpler suspensions like T-34s and Pz38(t)s.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Do not kop. It's thoroughly mediocre if not outright bad.

paging Atal Vataman to sperg out about how wrong this is

edit:

2PAC did skirmishes again.

Soulfucker fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Oct 17, 2015

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4

Soulfucker posted:

paging Atal Vataman to sperg out about how wrong this is

edit:

2PAC did skirmishes again.

Lol. this is good.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

After a bunch of really good games in the Hellcat this morning, I switched to the rental Scorpion to train my T67 crew (moved the original 2-skill crew into the Hellcat) back up to 100% and I've had an incredibly good day. The camo on this thing seems amazing. When my team implodes, I'm obviously hosed, but I've been averaging 1600 damage in the thing and something around 2300 WN8...it's...it's kinda fun, to be honest.

What were the reasons for it being so bad again?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Duzzy Funlop posted:

After a bunch of really good games in the Hellcat this morning, I switched to the rental Scorpion to train my T67 crew (moved the original 2-skill crew into the Hellcat) back up to 100% and I've had an incredibly good day. The camo on this thing seems amazing. When my team implodes, I'm obviously hosed, but I've been averaging 1600 damage in the thing and something around 2300 WN8...it's...it's kinda fun, to be honest.

What were the reasons for it being so bad again?

It costs fifty loving dollars for a tank without preferential matchmaking that gets HEAT for its gold ammo and can never afford to be spotted at any range, and that will be instantly oneshot by any artillery shot that hits it directly.

Fifty US dollars is like twenty loafs of bread, or 200 Airheads, or like 27 ounces of Funyuns, or ten nights with your mom. It is a hefty amount of money to spend on the Scorpion.

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4

Hellsau posted:

It costs fifty loving dollars for a tank without preferential matchmaking that gets HEAT for its gold ammo and can never afford to be spotted at any range, and that will be instantly oneshot by any artillery shot that hits it directly.

Fifty US dollars is like twenty loafs of bread, or 200 Airheads, or like 27 ounces of Funyuns, or ten nights with your mom. It is a hefty amount of money to spend on the Scorpion.

LOL couldn't have said it any better. It throws shots worse than snap shoting o-i

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Hellsau posted:

what the gently caress kind of redneck poo poo is funyuns and airheads?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Agrajag posted:

what the gently caress kind of redneck poo poo is funyuns and airheads?

Incidentally I think the Type 59 was less than $50 dollars when it was on sale, which is ridiculous because it OBVIOUSLY should have been priced at $59.59.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
What the gently caress kind of peasant poo poo is loaves of bread? Eat cake, my man.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

uh excuse me, it's actually worth 2,4103 BTC, the only true measure of value

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Cardiac posted:

Fair enough. The Chi-ri grind was pretty decent, way ahead of the loving a-44 and if you can stand the T28, it would have been nothing strange.
If you play to its gimmick, it was a decent grind.

I tend to prefer quicker tanks anyway, so the Chi-Ri wouldn't have been terrible in that respect compared to all the slow shitbox tier 8 TDs I'm grinding, but on the other hand that A-44 also has better mobility soooo....

Also, I think I decided I was going to grind the T28 (among others) because I'd have to go through the even slower T95; if I'm going to deal with that I can certainly deal with a less-slow version of the same vehicle.

frood posted:

Not only did I keep it, it's my go-to tank any time I'm platooning and they want to play tier 7s. To be honest the tank didn't really click for me until Hellsau threw out the "The 25/2 is the best tier 7 medium" line (which was before he found his precious VK3002D). Once I started playing it like that and not like a TD, it clicked for me.

I also have the T20 in my garage, which I rebought to fix my stats in (American mediums were my first line). The T25/2 is a far superior tank to the T20, the only appreciable thing the T20 brings to the table is more HP.

I'm probably going to need to rebuy the T29 so I can finish some of these T55 missions though, so maybe I'll like that more at tier 7 than the 25/2. I kinda doubt it because I like mediums more than heavies. My heavies are all tier 10 save the Conqueror and some of these kill XX 2 tiers higher or 1 tier higher or whatever bullshit missions get difficult to manage in the tier 10 "TDs around every corner" environment

Yeah, I actually was thinking about Hellsau's description of the T25/2 as well. I don't think even he still has it though. There are just far better tanks to keep around for fun/tier matching.

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

What the gently caress kind of peasant poo poo is loaves of bread? Eat cake, my man.

Foreigns tell us our bread tastes like cake anyway, sooo.... :shrug:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Prav posted:

uh excuse me, it's actually worth 2,4103 BTC, the only true measure of value

$50 buys 24 thousand bitcoins!?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

Yeah, I actually was thinking about Hellsau's description of the T25/2 as well. I don't think even he still has it though. There are just far better tanks to keep around for fun/tier matching.

I haven't played the 25/2 in years - I sold it to buy the T28 Proto, because I didn't have a premium account (so this would be when I had less than 4000 games). It's been a while, and poo poo changed - gold ammo for credits, sigma changes making 20% of shots hit the edge of the circle is gone, and most recently #snapshotmeta. Even back then, the dumb T25/2 turret would randomly eat ISU shells because the model is broken. I didn't like it because it was a worse Hellcat, but the Hellcat was as good at outputting damage as most tier 8 mediums so a bad Hellcat is still pretty great. Hell I remember playing the T-44 a year and a half ago and just thinking, "man I wish this was the Hellcat's gun".

tl:dr the Hellcat used to be bananas and none of us will ever experience that magic again. See also pre-HEAT nerf 105mm M4/VK2801, tier 5 Schmalturm Pz4, broken gold Konisch VK3601h, LTraktor before newbies getting 100% crews and the initial matchmaking changes, old broken leFH (different from current broken leFH, 104 HEAT pen is poo poo), fast FV304, pre-Cruiser T18, etc.

also lol internet explorer is loving trash

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Oct 17, 2015

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Hellsau posted:

$50 buys 24 thousand bitcoins!?

i'll have you barbarians using the correct decimal mark eventually

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Prav posted:

i'll have you barbarians using the correct decimal mark eventually

Better dead than red. Also you people probably don't even cut off your children's foreskin like a good Christian peoples.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

tl:dr the Hellcat used to be bananas and none of us will ever experience that magic again. See also pre-HEAT nerf 105mm M4/VK2801, tier 5 Schmalturm Pz4, broken gold Konisch VK3601h, LTraktor before newbies getting 100% crews and the initial matchmaking changes, old broken leFH (different from current broken leFH, 104 HEAT pen is poo poo), fast FV304, pre-Cruiser T18, etc.

104 heat is still workable though. I have used it with great success to kill off lts and e25s coming in to finish me off. Or for winning the game when there is only arty left. Not that reliable but shot gunning is hardly reliable in the first place.
Just the other day I nailed a type t34 for most of his health, whereupon he rammed himself on me and lost his remaining health. Gotta love that spall liner.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
5k spotting damage in the amx 30.

Why don't my light tanks do this

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Final report for the A-44: Whatever small affection I was developing for the tank dissipated over the last few days I had it. A dozen bad battles in a row due entirely to the awful gun and terrible module placement. I thought I could make it the last little bit to the Obj. 416, but gave up and blew 16k free XP just to get it out of my garage.

gently caress you, A-44. You won't be missed.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Bleremiah posted:

Same here. I get that crap all day in my Cromwell B, but my Chaffee just gets poo poo on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

Bleremiah posted:

because your amx30 will crush the lights it meets, while the lights has to flee t10 mediums.

fast mediums make lights obsolete, they can do the same role, just with better armor, hp and gun, and can go toe to toe against any tank they meet.