Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Only take one of these codes if you promise to do something nice for someone.

B0HG8WJ80DPQ114D
B0HGKP3K0JFB7D85

If you don't, I hope you get brutally killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
My record on the hackey sack is 186.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
When is the next session? I'm kinda confused at the moment regarding the schedule.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Next one is Saturday 5-10 pm pacific time and then finally Sunday 7-12 pm pacific time.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
So in other words they're in the middle of the night. Great.

mr.sassypants
Aug 25, 2004

Who dropped the duck?

Housh posted:

B0HWQHL82NCJLGLX

Grabbed this one, thanks!

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Sam Faust posted:

Sunday 7-12 pm pacific time.

That's 7AM-12PM in fact, thankfully.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Just played 20 minutes of Triforce Heroes. Lot of fun, lot of being thrown into lava too.

gameface
Nov 23, 2007
Here's a code from me. Since I'd prefer a goon get it, not a bot, I'm going to blank out one of the letters and put in an easy clue.

B0HXC59Q49_20QKP
?anondorf. The blank's the letter I left out of his name.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

gameface posted:

Here's a code from me. Since I'd prefer a goon get it, not a bot, I'm going to blank out one of the letters and put in an easy clue.

B0HXC59Q49_20QKP

Games forum is actually viewable without an account and there are plenty of bots that scrape codes from it as a result, just FYI. :eng99:

gameface
Nov 23, 2007

Fuzz posted:

Games forum is actually viewable without an account and there are plenty of bots that scrape codes from it as a result, just FYI. :eng99:

Does that mean my measure wasn't enough? I was just trying to help someone here play the game during one of the next 2 online test sessions.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I got to play some Triforce Heroes last night. I had a good group, but the lag was so incredibly bad. I was getting 5fps if I was lucky, and buffering every 5 seconds or so. It was bad.

We all went gamely along in spite of it! Spamming "cheer" and "thumbs up" and "come on!" and cheering a ton when we solved even the tiniest of puzzles. Still took us a good 45 minutes just to beat the first dang level. We beat the boss on our very last heart!

I left that group and tried again. Did the third level that time, but I couldn't even manage to make it past the first room. I kept falling into the lava. Then I got a communication error. :smith:

The game is really, really cute and I just love all the emote spam. I just hope the lag is better when I play the actual game...

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

The game is really, really cute and I just love all the emote spam. I just hope the lag is better when I play the actual game...

I had little to no lag with most of the groups I was playing. If there was lag it was because of one person. And when they left the lag stopped.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

gameface posted:

Does that mean my measure wasn't enough? I was just trying to help someone here play the game during one of the next 2 online test sessions.

Yeah, but it's no big deal... so many codes so far, but it's just something to keep in mind for the future... a lot of people seem to assume the forums are all private, but they're not. Only subforums like PGS can't be viewed publicly.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

gameface posted:

B0HXC59Q49_20QKP

I snagged this one! Thanks so much. :)

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

I got all excited to play triforce heroes online tonight until I realized I couldn't play with friends. Zelda seems like the worst game to play with random people.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Have they said why they're having separate demo times and not just all the time?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Have they said why they're having separate demo times and not just all the time?
Well, this is coming from a company that limits the number of times you can run your demos in general.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Its probably a stress test, they want everyone online at the same time.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

For nintendo, its probably being used as a server stress test rather than a demo.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

It's a network test like the one for Splatoon. The difference is that they actually gave people the opportunity to play locally at any time.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Yeah, the games that I got that weren't horrifically laggy (to be expected in a stress test) or full of people who seriously didn't get the concept were fantastic. I'm looking forward to the game!

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

FruitPunchSamurai posted:

I got all excited to play triforce heroes online tonight until I realized I couldn't play with friends. Zelda seems like the worst game to play with random people.

it's actually really fun with strangers.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

glassyalabolas posted:

it's actually really fun with strangers.

Yes, but what about the game?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Housh posted:

B0HHN1W40T32932F

I have no friends :(

Snagged! Thanks!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Played five mins and got lagged out. Seems a fun game. A little chaotic, but fun. Will be better w/ goons I'm sure.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Played threw the Fire Temple with some randoms and boy was that charming. I'm not sure how practical the game will be with how I play my 3DS though as I'm usually commuting without wifi access.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Triforce Heroes Demo was fun! Outside of one really laggy mission at the Fire Temple that finally disconnected at the boss, but the other 3 were pretty smooth. Not sure how the in game economy will be, but it's nice you get condolence rupees if it disconnects on you. Other then an embarassing moment where I didn't realize I could boomerang bomb flowers, and all three of our team failing at the block pushing puzzle, all three stages were pretty fun. Assuming the fire temple is an early stage, I'm excited for what a hard dungeon with three different item types will look like. The boss in the second stage seems like it would be pretty annoying in Single player though. I could imagine the timing of the Gust Jar and bombs being tricky when switching Links.

We also spent about 2 minutes playing the Lorule Theme in the lobby at the end before the ball hit a wall at an awkward angle and bounced in a crazy direction :3:. It's nice to know that the online random multiplayer will still fun if I can't find people to play with.

Edit: I also like how some of the costumes change colour with you. It's really noticeable with the Tingle Costume.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Oct 18, 2015

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

I played Triforce Heroes tonight and did not expect to like it as much as I did, but it was utterly charming even with randos. At first I think I came in on an established group because they were both wanting to do the Fire Temple, so that's what we did, and it was a little laggy and we didn't mesh well but we made it to the boss just fine before we just utterly fell to pieces as a team. Then they both left me and I ended up with another group and we did the other two in their intended order and we clicked a lot better. I knew we were getting along when I knocked one of them off the stage with the Gust Jar and I sent a shrug and he sent back a thumbs up. After that whenever one of us fell off due to someone's incompetence, the person that fell off would press the thumbs up and it was OK. It was genuinely making me laugh to have two of us pressing the, "Nooo!" button and the third coming back with thumbs up.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

If you don't spam the pom-pom emote during every transition and "cutscene" you're not playing the game right

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Don't worry my second team was playing the game correctly.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Played Triforce Heros again today, its still fun.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Triforce Heroes is gonna be at its most fun that first week when hardly anyone knows what's going on. Definitely gonna pick it up on Friday.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
My first game yesterday was with Bomb Storage, no one knew what we were doing and it was a blast figuring it all out and we ultimately succeeded. Today I ran with some new people against the first dungeon or whatever and it went fine, and then we got to Bomb Storage and I realized I was apparently playing with a couple of children with no pattern recognition. It was painful. Totems do not solve everything kiddos, sometimes when someone is yelling item really loud you might want to use that instead of doing a totem. Maybe. Also you know, trying the same thing over and over and over and over despite it never working and then when you do the thing that works never do it again but that was implied with the no pattern recognition.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Moldy Taxes posted:

Triforce Heroes is gonna be at its most fun that first week when hardly anyone knows what's going on. Definitely gonna pick it up on Friday.

I'm gonna be doing most of my playing locally, so I hope this doesn't wind up being one of those games where it gimps the hell out of you over download play because I really don't want to buy three copies.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Color Printer posted:

If you don't spam the pom-pom emote during every transition and "cutscene" you're not playing the game right
Is it anything like...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJDjkMjkH1g

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Yeah just playing Luigis Mansion multiplayer once has put me off getting this new Zelda thing or any game like it

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

African AIDS cum posted:

Yeah just playing Luigis Mansion multiplayer once has put me off getting this new Zelda thing or any game like it

Well, if you don't want to play cool and fun things then that's your prerogative.

I've never played the Luigi's Mansion multiplayer because it's really dumb that you have to unlock it, but apparently you will be able to blacklist people so if it winds up that there are people who think griefing is just the most hilarious thing, you won't have to play with them if you don't want to.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Luigis Mansion multiplayer work fine for me. I was even able to do a 25 floor with randoms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

raditts posted:

I'm gonna be doing most of my playing locally, so I hope this doesn't wind up being one of those games where it gimps the hell out of you over download play because I really don't want to buy three copies.

Download play is fully featured I believe.