Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

http://live.worldtimeattack.com/

Under Suzuki had the car to win it but blew up all his motors and is done. Tilton is hanging out in 1st, waiting for better track conditions this afternoon to try and set a new record (they won the last two years and have the current record). Their pro driver Garth Walden mentioned in an interview that they are turning the boost all the way up and running nos for the last session. MCA has had some fast partial laps but was held up by traffic and a red flag, they are currently in 2nd. Untested Porsche ripped off a pretty fast lap and is in the final and could pull off something impressive. Lyfe found a replacement motor and has got out on track so at least they didn't go all the way out for nothing. Andy Forrest blew up his trans, got a new one from PPG, but couldn't get the shifter to work. He has gotten to drive another car for a few laps in open.

jamal fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Oct 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

I washed my cats because after 6 weeks of being locked up in a cage with a water bowl, food bowl and litterbox, and 5 weeks in a splinted leg, Isaac stunk like arse and kitty litter. And smudge was stupid enough to walk into the bathroom as we got ready so she got the two for one deal.

I've hard reset the follicle management system, now the OS is maxing out the processor and ram running FRCHK to ensure that every hair is in the correct location and orientation.

At least isaac doesnt have litter glued to his arse any more...

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

jamal posted:

http://live.worldtimeattack.com/

Under Suzuki had the car to win it but blew up all his motors and is done. Tilton is hanging out in 1st, waiting for better track conditions this afternoon to try and set a new record (they won the last two years and have the current record). Their pro driver Garth Walden mentioned in an interview that they are turning the boost all the way up and running nos for the last session. MCA has had some fast partial laps but was held up by traffic and a red flag, they are currently in 2nd. Untested Porsche ripped off a pretty fast lap and is in the final and could pull off something impressive. Lyfe found a replacement motor and has got out on track so at least they didn't go all the way out for nothing. Andy Forrest blew up his trans, got a new one from PPG, but couldn't get the shifter to work. He has gotten to drive another car for a few laps in open.

Just watched a replay of a fwd civic oversteer into the wall pretty hard o_O

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Enourmo posted:

First thing I thought of. [source]

Please tell me this has a happy ending cause the design of the site doesn't let me skip to the end. Egads.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CharlesM posted:

Please tell me this has a happy ending cause the design of the site doesn't let me skip to the end. Egads.

I just read the entire thing. As of last week they had med little progress on their case and were maxed out financially so still repairing the house.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
That scares me away from buying a house.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I drank too much gin and tonic while watch Rick and morty send help

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I just read the entire thing. As of last week they had med little progress on their case and were maxed out financially so still repairing the house.

Jesus Christ, makes me thankful that my house is well built. I can't imagine going through that.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

leica posted:

Jesus Christ, makes me thankful that my house is well built. I can't imagine going through that.

I showed that to my wife and she just dropped her jaw and exclaimed 'holy poo poo'. So glad our house was built well enough to last 9 whole years...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

It's yet another reason I don't want to buy a house. PO's on homes are way worse than cars.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Goddamn, the weather is loving NICE right now. Supposed to hit 59 overnight. Also supposed to be 62 when I get to work tomorrow.

Almost every window in the house is open, with a box fans in some of them (everything except my bedroom window will be closed before I go to bed). A/C is turned off, with the insulation we have I really don't think we'll need it for a few days. The house has gone from "mildly warm" to "poo poo, hand me my slippers, my feet are cold", and it's also aired it out really nicely.

Complete different topic. I saw several "older" (as in mid to late 00s, which is pretty old for a fleet car) cars with police spotlights and lovely ebay HIDZZZZZ kits in them while at work today. I assumed they'd been sold by the local police department, as they often don't remove the spotlights before selling them. As it turns out... NOPE! They're intentionally trying to make them look clapped out. Saw one murdered out with black tint, black spray paint or plastidip, on some really lovely looking wheels, and horrifically blue HIDs - assumed it was someone who snagged a former police car at auction, until he lit up a car with enough hidden lights to see from the moon (they were everywhere, even the license plate bolts had hidden strobes, same with the exterior mirrors), and a marked unit showed up a couple of minutes later (the car stopped in our parking lot at work). Sneaky bastards. Saw another one nearly identical, except it had urban camo for "paint" (probably wrapped).

BrokenKnucklez posted:

With the no start dead, they are running all ohv engines. The v6s are mostly DOHC, maybe 1 exception. I know the new Impala is dohc V6 and turbo 4s, I'm not sure about the rest of the line up

I honestly have no idea what you were trying to say in the bolded part. Surprised to hear they're putting a 4 in the Impala though, that's a pretty drat big car. I think the last gen usually got a 3.9 V6? Friend just picked one up for $5k with the 3.9, and loves it (he was a certified "gently caress domestics" guy too, as I used to be).

My next car will likely be something GM with at least a V6, but still with a manual transmission. Except it can't be a Camaro or Vette. Does GM even offer anything with a V6 + manual these days?

Ferremit posted:

I washed my cats because after 6 weeks of being locked up in a cage with a water bowl, food bowl and litterbox, and 5 weeks in a splinted leg, Isaac stunk like arse and kitty litter. And smudge was stupid enough to walk into the bathroom as we got ready so she got the two for one deal.

The Dude needs a bath. I don't know why, but he has a funky smell to him. Maybe it's because I've never had a cat that absolutely insisted on sleeping on my pillow next to me, or acting as a neck warmer, but if he sees me laying down, he has to be as close as possible to my face. Which always results in awesome sinus poo poo.

In a weird twist, water doesn't seem to bother him much. I finally tried out a spray bottle on him the other day when he did the needful with some (fake) house plants. He just spun his head around and stared at the now-wet portion of his back, did a quick bath, and proceeded to ignore me.

Tusen Takk posted:

:420: helps with nausea.

... it also gives me insane spins if I'm shitfaced before smoking, but hey...

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

It's yet another reason I don't want to buy a house. PO's on homes are way worse than cars.

Spend the money for a well sorted out inspection and you'll be fine.

If the inspector he hired had just found the opening of the rabbit hole he wouldn't be in that situation.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

jamal posted:

Anyone else watching world time attack livestream?

Worse than watching paint dry

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

Spend the money for a well sorted out inspection and you'll be fine.

If the inspector he hired had just found the opening of the rabbit hole he wouldn't be in that situation.

Come on dude. You know any house I buy is going to get swallowed by a sinkhole.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Guys I've been watching FPV racing quadcopter videos for two days straight and I really want one. But gently caress dropping almost a grand on what amounts to a carbon fibre toy.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

So the wife just told me that a coworker is looking to get rid of his '87 Toyota pickup as he upgraded to a '90. I know nothing about it except for the price.

$400.

I'm thinking about it...
I'd have already bought it.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Rhyno posted:

Come on dude. You know any house I buy is going to get swallowed by a sinkhole.

ALL houses are money sinkholes.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Why are youtube ads nothing but beer. geez

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

well theyre based on what google thinks you want so

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
STR no start = north star

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

ALL houses are money sinkholes.

A house is a blank canvas using money as the paint!

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

CharlesM posted:

Why are youtube ads nothing but beer. geez

install adblock. problem solved

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

BrokenKnucklez posted:

STR no start = north star

God drat, get to bed, BK (no seriously, it was a good post, but you need more sleep).

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Tusen Takk posted:

I understand and can relate to this post.

My wife took my son down to her parent's place last weekend for a little 3-day getaway since I was working for a good portion of the weekend. After my photoshoot on Sunday I went to CostCo and got a 1L bottle of Bombay then swung by the grocery and got some actual good tonic. Holy poo poo does good tonic make a difference! I tried both Q brand and Fever Tree. The Q was good but a little too bitter. The Fever Tree was just right.

So I drank a lot of it.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

This is some bullshit right here

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Tusen Takk posted:

This is some bullshit right here

idgi

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

cold

Tussen Takk doesn't know how October works in Michigan apparently.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

angryhampster posted:

cold

Tussen Takk doesn't know how October works in Michigan apparently.

I do

But it's still some bullllll shitttttt

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Cakefool posted:

I liked fjellnorsk's stories, I hope they're true. It'd be nice if he came back.

Anyone ever driven a Figaro? I really like the look of them but I think they're all auto? I'm sure that could be fixed.

I really truly prefer the look of the cars that share the platform, the Pao:

and the Be-1 which I found a minty clean Japanese import of for £1000:

The Pao and the Be-1 came with a 3 speed auto like the Figaro and also 5 speed manuals. Figaros were auto only because gently caress manuals I guess? A swap wouldn't be difficult at all seeing as like you say, it's a Micra underneath it all.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

CommieGIR posted:

Drill Weekend. Why is it every weekend I don't have work projects is a drill weekend?

For the same reason that every weekend that I have major work projects, a chunk of my staff are off being abused by the green weenie instead.

The military fucks everyone, contract or no.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

MustardFacial posted:

Guys I've been watching FPV racing quadcopter videos for two days straight and I really want one. But gently caress dropping almost a grand on what amounts to a carbon fibre toy.

One of us...really you should be able to do it for well under a grand. The most costly bits of the investment are the video goggles and the radio which can be used on more models! :v: I'm actually waiting for my video goggles (dominator V3's) which should arrive at the end of the month. They are a riot though.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Tusen Takk posted:

I do

But it's still some bullllll shitttttt

That's how I feel when it gets below 70.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

leica posted:

Have you seen kastein's place? :allears:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
On Thursday driving up I95 in SC I had an AI moment. I was passed by a Maserati Ghibli and thought "huh, a Maserati" and nothing much else.

Right behind him was a late 80s Mazda pickup with chrome bumpers and a very 80s red and white paint job and I thought "Hell yeah, that's a sharp looking Mazda"

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Speaking of 80s Mazda pickups, I'm about to start replacing the valve seals on mine. I'll be using rope in the cylinder to hold the valves up. I've never done this before, anyone have tips or recommendations?

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Worse than watching paint dry

I think Time attack is cool as hell. All time attack should be broadcasted like this, though:

https://youtu.be/eiWIsdn6XKY?t=4m24s

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I joined the Sex Havers club again for the first time in a long time. A++++ would do again

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Brian Goodwin;7713188 posted:

Here you go guys, first FLOW numbers for the 2.0 skyactiv head.....157CFM

Chas H;7713209 posted:

That should produce about 225 hp.
Looks like there's some more work to be done.

I'm loving done; holy poo poo. For reference, the BP4W head on the 99-00 Miatas flow 200CFM.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Phone posted:

I'm loving done; holy poo poo. For reference, the BP4W head on the 99-00 Miatas flow 200CFM.

Just swap a BP in problem solved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"
This is why everyone needs tractors:

:black101:

• Locked thread