Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Why would you throw away an entire bag of pop rocks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Fans posted:

I live in the UK and I'm fine. Sucks to be Hawaii.

It's ~4700 miles from Hawaii to Virginia and only ~3600 from Virginia to UK, plus I feel like the Trans-Atlantic pipe is a lot better than the Trans-Pacific/intracontinental is, but that's just me guessing

fake edit: :agreed: sucks to be Hawaii

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

Westy543 posted:

And new guns are definitely content.

lol no they're not.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Protons posted:

lol no they're not.

It depends on whether or not they add new capabilities. Like, giving SMGs to infiltrators definitely added a new dimension to the game.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Protons posted:

lol no they're not.

Yes they are, like it or not they're content. If they bring something new to the game, that's content. Doesn't mean they're a lot of content, but they're something.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

But Not Tonight posted:

It's ~4700 miles from Hawaii to Virginia and only ~3600 from Virginia to UK, plus I feel like the Trans-Atlantic pipe is a lot better than the Trans-Pacific/intracontinental is, but that's just me guessing

fake edit: :agreed: sucks to be Hawaii

There are all valid reasons of why it sucks to be Hawaii.

On the upside, he is living in Hawaii. That's probably quite nice.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Fans posted:

There are all valid reasons of why it sucks to be Hawaii.

On the upside, he is living in Hawaii. That's probably quite nice.

Absolutely everything is super close to where you live. Like, the mall being a 10 minute drive away.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

The mall, the beach, the volcano god that has to be appeased constantly.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

That reminds me, when the gently caress are we getting Searhus?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Cabbit posted:

It's going to be the Indar of PS3

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Cabbit posted:

If you make a list of all the features you want to see added to PS2 and leave it under your pillow, the content fairy will leave you a surprise by morning.

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
id rather live in hawaii than a lot of other states

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Hey i could be in OHIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO drat.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Arghy posted:

Hey i could be in OHIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO drat.

At least we don't signal everyone that they have a phone call as a standard greeting.

Antillie
Mar 14, 2015

sitchelin posted:

If you make a list of all the features you want to see added to PS2 and leave it under your pillow, the content fairy will leave you a surprise by morning.

I don't want to have to wash the brown stains off my sheets every morning.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

sitchelin posted:

The mall, the beach, the volcano god that has to be appeased constantly.

I still have to appease the goat headed forest gods here and all Wales got out of that is Tenby and Tenby is rubbish.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Have you tried offering it some lllwflchhclflflwlwlwlllfwwhhcwllwlflchwwlch?

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

sitchelin posted:

Have you tried offering it some lllwflchhclflflwlwlwlllfwwhhcwllwlflchwwlch?

Don't be silly, they eat vowels. That's why we're always so short on them.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Fans posted:

I still have to appease the goat headed forest gods here and all Wales got out of that is Tenby and Tenby is rubbish.

That's not true, you also got that one rock band that turned out to be full of pedophiles.

Antillie
Mar 14, 2015

I will stick to sacrificing a prime cut of beef and a six pack of beer each month to the twin gods of guns and pickup trucks.

Antillie fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Oct 17, 2015

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

Westy543 posted:

Yes they are, like it or not they're content. If they bring something new to the game, that's content. Doesn't mean they're a lot of content, but they're something.

Oh I guess new optics and sights would be content then.

Westy543
Apr 18, 2013

GINYU FORCE RULES

Anything that gives players new stuff to work through, like a gun aurax, is content. It's not a lot, but it's something.

Westy543 fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Oct 17, 2015

Nookovian-Red
Sep 13, 2002
I WILL NOT CLOSE THREAD IN Serious Hardware / Software Crap

Protons posted:

Oh I guess new optics and sights would be content then.

I liked when they updated the sights and added a bunch of new ones. :(

That was one of the best QOL updates to the game.

:sigh:

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

Westy543 posted:

Anything that gives players new stuff to work through, like a gun aurax, is content. It's not a lot, but it's something.

Nookovian-Red posted:

I liked when they updated the sights and added a bunch of new ones. :(

That was one of the best QOL updates to the game.

:sigh:

I'm sorry but I'm not in the camp of new guns being new content. That is really setting the bar very low. A new gameplay mechanic, or a new way to beat the enemy in a tangible way that awards a tangible benefit is really the only metric to judge new content. I already have a minimum of 7 ways to shoot mans on every class, I don't need an 8th, and an 8th is certainly not new content.

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Got some sneaky peakies of some actual new content from PTS. Here's some pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/wKENp

Scroll down and you'll see assets for ANT and bounty directive! Also there's a new cat directive?

http://imgur.com/a/pqnTp

A bunch of models of the deployable stuff for ANTs. Also a bunch of helmets. Faction specific ATV armor cosmetics too.

Here's the reddit page with all the info: https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/3p35ei/pts_10172015_unofficial_patch_notes_roundup_pts/

quote:

TL;DR:
  • ANTS
  • CONSTRUCTION SYSTEM
  • VICTORY POINTS
  • COSMETICS
  • BOUNTY DIRECTIVE
  • PICKING UP EXISTING DEPLOYABLES
  • LOADOUT UPDATE
  • ROCKET RIFLE
  • LIVE PAIRITY

Ass_Burgerer fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Oct 17, 2015

Protons
Sep 15, 2012

lol there is a teleporter in the spawn room of SolTech Charging Station. This teleporter is actually a gravlift that lifts you onto the roof of the spawn point.

#wellcodedgame

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
No, theres just an invisible elevator you have to go around to get into the teleporter.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
There are also models for AV and AA versions of the Spitfire turret.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I want a spitfire turret that doesn't actually shoot. I just want it to make lots of noise. I want it to be so loud and goddamn annoying that people go out of their way to shoot it to silence it. And I will be waiting nearby with a chump-action.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

sitchelin posted:

I want a spitfire turret that doesn't actually shoot. I just want it to make lots of noise. I want it to be so loud and goddamn annoying that people go out of their way to shoot it to silence it. And I will be waiting nearby with a chump-action.

Monetisation suggestion for DBG: sell 1-hour "boosts" that make your prox chat cross-faction.

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.

sitchelin posted:

Instead of shooting, just make it constantly spot enemies and shoot fireworks into the air.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

rarbatrol posted:

Instead of shooting, just make it constantly spot enemies and shoot fireworks into the air.

There are already plenty of infils that do this.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

NihilCredo posted:

Monetisation suggestion for DBG: sell 1-hour "boosts" that make your prox chat cross-faction.

Wait prox voice chat is only for the same faction?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Mithaldu posted:

Wait prox voice chat is only for the same faction?
Yes. Do you even play the game?

rarbatrol
Apr 17, 2011

Hurt//maim//kill.
A "throw voice" implant would be a lot of fun for messing with people.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

kalstrams posted:

Yes. Do you even play the game?
I play on Miller, which seems, due to the highly multi-lingual playerbase (in no other game have i heard so many different accents of english in the same 24 hours than in PS2), to have a much lower usage of voice chat than american servers, so i never noticed.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Mithaldu posted:

I play on Miller, which seems, due to the highly multi-lingual playerbase (in no other game have i heard so many different accents of english in the same 24 hours than in PS2), to have a much lower usage of voice chat than american servers, so i never noticed.
Oh, fair enough. Had it been cross-faction, you'd quickly familiarize yourself with most of the common vulgarities in all the European languages out there. :v:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

kalstrams posted:

Oh, fair enough. Had it been cross-faction, you'd quickly familiarize yourself with most of the common vulgarities in all the European languages out there. :v:
Amusingly enough that already happens! (Also russian and various indian accents.)

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

rarbatrol posted:

A "throw voice" implant would be a lot of fun for messing with people.

Oh, the stalkering would be such a great time...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Zomborgon posted:

Oh, the stalkering would be such a great time...

*blows fart noises into mic*

• Locked thread