Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Dispersal posted:

Koosta and Relyks are both pretty good. The rest of the team could use some improvement.
Koosta is one of the better NA AWPers and I expect good things from him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Just played against a team that got a bit of a carry.

Two people left at second overtime, just gave him more chances to kill us.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Michael Scott posted:

My work is getting laptops soon that go so far as to block gmail.
Quit your loving job, jesus. Do you work at the SS or something?

e: We briefly had twitch blocked by mistake and people were maaaad

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Oct 17, 2015

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Elysiume posted:

Quit your loving job, jesus. Do you work at the SS or something?

e: We briefly had twitch blocked by mistake and people were maaaad

That's not uncommon at all. Lots of places block almost everything, even software companies.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

bpower posted:

That's not uncommon at all. Lots of places block almost everything, even software companies.
Blocking twitch I could understand--it's definitely going to be a distraction to some degree. Gmail, though?

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Elysiume posted:

Blocking twitch I could understand--it's definitely going to be a distraction to some degree. Gmail, though?

Yeah, all internet email and social media. Some places have public pcs set up so you can check your mail at lunch time.

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.
Most people just use like a VPN to get around it.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Elysiume posted:

Gmail, though?

Data Loss Prevention reasons I am guessing.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Shayu posted:

Most people just use like a VPN to get around it.

If they block those sorts of things, I would imagine using anything to get around it would be a quick and easy way to get fired, obviously.

Michael Scott fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Oct 17, 2015

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

odds on Dignitas vs EnvyUs seem really skewed, gonna drop a couple bucks on Digi because of their recent performance.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Photex posted:

odds on Dignitas vs EnvyUs seem really skewed, gonna drop a couple bucks on Digi because of their recent performance.
It's Cache, so Dig do have a chance to upset.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

symbolic posted:

It's Cache, so Dig do have a chance to upset.

yeah I went for an ICB instead of a small bet, even an ICB has a $5 return.

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015
tfw you carry sealhammer with 30 kills and only manage to tie

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

dig: still garbage after all these years

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Did I read that steam group announcement correctly?

szary
Mar 12, 2014
After getting promoted from GN2 to GNM my performance has improved massively for some reason, I don't think I got that much better (my chief tactic is P90 spray'n'pray) so I have no idea what happened, fewer smurfs at this level?

szary fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Oct 17, 2015

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Value of my bet in the next game gets lower and lower as Penta get closer and closer to winning.

And they keep delaying the game so it gets worse and worse.

Edit: lol oh well after beating Envy they've turned into silvers against NiP.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Oct 17, 2015

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Capt. Sticl posted:

I was definitely the only person providing good vibes by mic. And the two times they pushed B I shut them down (One time I just fired blindly into my smoke and killed 3 guys somehow? The other they pushed right through the smoke and ....). So, I guess I did ok. It's probably time I played a competitive match sober.

but it raises a question:
I do ok playing B site on dust 2, but I never know how to rotate towards A site. I usually end up pushing through CT spawn and getting picked from someone at cross. Is this just based on info from your team or is there a good way to move from b to a?

I play a lot of B and going Cat or CT spawn is dependent on how many and what weapons. If the bombs planted for long and there are only 2 people I'll go cat Medium range against the person with the AK and I can either smoke site to defuse or sneaky beaky it without getting caught. If Awp is @ goose Ct spawn closes the distance and it's easier to engage. I usually jump on the dumpster next to ct spawn to pick the Ak person then move to ramp to engange awp where he will be exposed.

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!

Turk February posted:

Frankly it'd be far more accurate if it tracked ADR.

Nah, then the people that just lurk around for 1v5's would still look like they're good team players. RWS or bust.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

sterster posted:

I play a lot of B and going Cat or CT spawn is dependent on how many and what weapons. If the bombs planted for long and there are only 2 people I'll go cat Medium range against the person with the AK and I can either smoke site to defuse or sneaky beaky it without getting caught. If Awp is @ goose Ct spawn closes the distance and it's easier to engage. I usually jump on the dumpster next to ct spawn to pick the Ak person then move to ramp to engange awp where he will be exposed.

cat is probably one of the worst ways to retake the site. so many angles and the grenades just bounce right on you. ct or long(if you have time) is better imo.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Smithereens posted:

cat is probably one of the worst ways to retake the site. so many angles and the grenades just bounce right on you. ct or long(if you have time) is better imo.

In MM you have time to go long, in regular bombtime you pretty much have to go short.

In an ideal world you have 3 players A and 1 B, but most people will end up in a 2-1-2 situation. Although that's not particularly great, it does give one B player free reign to be very fast on rotations/info gathering. It isn't unreasonable to suggest that the B player should be flanking behind an A rush on cat before the bomb is even down.

As for flat out CT spawn vs cat retake, cat is infinitely preferable if you're alone. Obviously if there's 2 of you, splitting up is the best way, but if you have a choice, cat should be your choice. Why? There's no weird height discrepancy which gives the T's an advantage in aimduels, and in doing so you also clear a possible position they will be using to hold the bomb.

J
Jun 10, 2001

I think an even better option is to just not play dust2 at all :colbert:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Smithereens posted:

Noooope. Especially the CT part.

conversation piece
Sep 19, 2015
I figured it out: if I delete my announcements after I make them like everybody else does, cole won't know who it is and then he can't rage at me

my mistake, nobody told me this

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Value of my bet in the next game gets lower and lower as Penta get closer and closer to winning.

And they keep delaying the game so it gets worse and worse.

Edit: lol oh well after beating Envy they've turned into silvers against NiP.

Protip: nobody gives a poo poo about your dumb bets.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Smol posted:

I'm sorry but esports talk is much more interesting than circle jerking about that one jpg of a keyboard setup or sensitivity talk for the hundredth time

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Photex posted:

I'm sorry but esports talk is much more interesting than circle jerking about that one jpg of a keyboard setup or sensitivity talk for the hundredth time

400/2.25

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Smol posted:

I care :colbert:

And if you hate the occasional bet talk hoo boy wait for some majors. Might wanna just not look at that point.

mcvey posted:

Noooope. Especially the CT part.

All of the angles makes it like a lot like taking A site Nuke. Just awful trying to watch everything.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
https://unikrn.com/community/the-rise-of-tsm-csgo/

quote:

Dupreeh dominates the entry fragging role for Team SoloMid, but he’s also crazily clutch. In his last 43 1v1 situations, he’s only lost 3. Yes, 3 out of 43. Since June 6th, 2015, Dupreeh has had a 93% success rate when involved with 1v1 clutch situations.

jfc

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Photex posted:

esports talk is interesting, bets talk is not. come back when your bets page looks like this dood

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Torqued is destroying, hope they decide to terrorize more local lans

Azk is insane

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Google Butt posted:

Torqued is destroying, hope they decide to terrorize more local lans

Azk is insane

they actually looked really confused on CT side vs clg red and were down 8-4 at one point

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

exethan posted:

they actually looked really confused on CT side vs clg red and were down 8-4 at one point

On d2? I just tuned in

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Google Butt posted:

On d2? I just tuned in

Yes they were down 8-4 then they only lost 1 round on the rest of the map

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Will cs run good off of 4g? I tried it with another game and was getting low latency. Idk if packet drops would be an issue

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

Pookum posted:

Will cs run good off of 4g? I tried it with another game and was getting low latency. Idk if packet drops would be an issue

Works fine for me aside from having 10-20 higher ping compared to my usual fiber connection.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Sweet. Doesn't seem to use up much data either if you don't download custom maps.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

lmao fragadelphia just switched over from the winner's bracket semi bo3 after 1 map because the losers bracket game is on csgo lounge.

edit: it's actually the final lol

Google Butt fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Oct 19, 2015

stump collector
May 28, 2007
it's not the final but switching over to loser bracket for a game is hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS
It was everything i expected. There were delays, disconnects, and bad casters with worse camera control. My favorite moments were missing a 4k by moe because the camera was on the other side of the map, steel killing uber with a decoy, and clg red saying that torqued's pause was because they were on tilt.

Azubu is bad. There should be more LANs.

Edit: also azubu chat thinks i'm some other player named Phos?????

• Locked thread