Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

katlington posted:

If pregnancy is blackmail then whatever mrs dutton was demanding 50 odd years ago, we should have just given it to her.

Appreciation quote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magog
Jan 9, 2010

katlington posted:

If pregnancy is blackmail then whatever mrs dutton was demanding 50 odd years ago, we should have just given it to her.

Magnifique.

BTW it's probably just easier focusing on the LNP for Friendlyjordies. It's like the free ride Bush was for stand up comedians.

GrandMaster
Aug 15, 2004
laidback

AgentF posted:

Holy poo poo I can't stand these FriendlyJordies videos. Cringe-worthy.

Agree, he's first dog tier. Ideologically correct but the execution is awful.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
He is best when he is talking about coal mines. He becomes too fake and relies too much on arguing with strawmen when he talks federal politics.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Jordies is most watchable (read: only watchable) when he's really ripping into something categorically, tangibly, unarguably poo poo.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

:eyepop:

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
Ka-Ching: pokies documentary reveals what makes the machines so addictive

quote:

Fixing the spotlight on machines such as Aristocrat’s is the next frontier for anti-pokies campaigners in Australia – beginning with Ka-Ching, an ABC documentary that screens on Tuesday at 9.30pm.
Building a better mousetrap

In the 1930s, not long after the first rudimentary slot machines began appearing in the United States, the behavioural psychologist BF Skinner was conducting experiments with rats. He would put them inside specially designed boxes with a tube and button. The rats soon discerned the pattern: each time they pressed the button, a pellet of food would drop.

Then Skinner changed the rules. Sometimes pressing the button would deliver food; others times it wouldn’t. The animal had no way of knowing when. It would stand at the button entranced – sometimes neglecting to eat or drink – pressing it over, and over again.

Skinner believed this peculiar behaviour could be induced in humans, too. Ever caught yourself scrolling endlessly through Twitter or Instagram, barely registering what flicks by? Or been overcome by a sharp urge to check Facebook?

Since social media was still about 65 years away, Skinner instead likened his experiments to slot machines. Random payouts – what Skinner called “variable reinforcement schedules” – kept punters fixated, straining to detect the machine’s pattern, a jackpot always potentially one push away

A good read.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The better Skinner related experiment was when they gave rats a button that would stimulate their limbic system to give them pleasure:

"...they allowed the rats to press the stimulation lever themselves, to the effect that they would press it as much as seven-hundred times per hour...
Rats in Skinner boxes with metal electrodes implanted into their nucleus accumbens will repeatedly press a lever which activates this region, and will do so in preference over food and water, eventually dying from exhaustion."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pleasure_center

e. another odd one was the Mouse Utopia experiment: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavioral_sink

clusterfuck
Feb 6, 2004

It's a great doco with a bit of goon work in it too and also hilarious that Garrett retracted his bribery story in time for his book launch. Burn dem pokies.

clusterfuck fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 17, 2015

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Garret should charge the LNP for services rendered because I cant think of anyone in recent memory who has poisoned the concept of grass roots representation more thoroughly than that bald dingus.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Anidav posted:

Lmao Bill Shorten to the left of Turnbull? Bill Shorten is between Turnbull and Abbott.

Nice try closet ALP shill Jordies.

God how are you so stupid.

At least point to his pro-unions videos if you're going to make this argument.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I am being at little bit stupid but even his union videos are more about mocking Bogan stereotypes.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

No they're about mocking idiots who think they're so clever they've got the whole union thing figured out thanks to newspaper scandals, while remaining ignorant of what they owe to unions, and educating his lefty terrorists in training audience that actually listen to him what they owe to unions and why they are good even if the political party closely associated with them is poo poo.

I get that you're being willfully dense to make a joke, but it just so happens bogan is one of the stereotypes he falls back on because his audience love it and it's an easy goal.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i figured out a way to give myself cancer and so now having read the entirety of fruity gordos post history im feeling confident i can get that dank rear end legal weed

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Orkin Mang posted:

i figured out a way to give myself cancer and so now having read the entirety of fruity gordos post history im feeling confident i can get that dank rear end legal weed

You should have just asked me for some weeds and I could have hooked you up. RIP Mang

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

please do not do a weed, it will only radicalise you even more.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I saw a cannabis smoked once, now I'm a sharia.

Marijuanas not even once.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Idoit shits self; pants.

Josh Frydenberg puts 'strong moral case' for coal exports to prevent deaths

quote:

There is a “strong moral case” for Australia to export coal to countries such as India in order to help prevent millions of deaths, Josh Frydenberg, the federal resources and energy minister, has claimed.

Tony Abbott wrong on coal being ‘good for humanity’, Oxfam report finds
In language reminiscent of deposed prime minister Tony Abbott, Frydenberg said environmentalists opposed to Adani’s huge Carmichael mine in Queensland, which was approved by the government last week, didn’t grasp the moral virtue of coal exports.

“There is a strong moral case here,” he told ABC’s Insiders program. “Over a billion people don’t have access to electricity. That means that more 2 billion people today are using wood and dung for their cooking.

“The World Health Organisation said this leads to 4.3 million premature deaths. That’s more people dying through this sort of inefficient energy than malaria, tuberculosis and HIV/Aids combined, so there’s a strong moral case that the green activists sometimes don’t comprehend.”

As Frydenberg stated, an estimated 4.3 million people died in 2012 due to the burning of toxic substances, according to the World Health Organisation. However, WHO said these deaths were caused by “coal, wood and biomass stoves.” Frydenberg failed to mention coal as one of the fuels causing these deaths.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

A quadriplegic New Zealander has reportedly been deported after 36 years in Australia under a controversial new policy to remove convicted criminals from the country.

According to the New Zealand Herald, the 56-year-old, named only as Paul, was flown to Auckland three weeks ago with a voucher for a week’s accommodation.

Australia and New Zealand are family, but deportations continue – Turnbull
The man, who uses a wheelchair, said he had no friends or family in New Zealand, having spent most of his life in Australia. Paul said he had been jailed in 2012 for 13 months for self-medicating with controlled painkillers We will decide who comes to this country and the circumstances in which they come WE WILL DECIDE WHO COMES TO THIS COUNTRY AND THE CIRCUMSTANCES IN WHICH THEY COME WE WILL DECIDE WHO COMES TO THIS COUNTRY AND THE CIRCUMSTANCES IN WHICH THEY COME WE WILL DECIDE WHO COMES TO THIS COUNTRY AND THE CIRCUMSTANCES IN WHICH THEY COME WE WILL DECIDE WHO COMES TO THIS COUNTRY AND THE CIRCUMSTANCES IN WHICH THEY COME WE WILL DECIDE WHO COMES TO THIS COUNTRY AND THE CIRCUMSTANCES IN WHICH THEY COME WE WILL DECIDE WHO COMES TO THIS COUNTRY AND THE CIRCUMSTANCES IN WHICH THEY COME

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Strong moral case to be made for executing everyone in the LNP front bench.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

SynthOrange posted:

Strong moral case to be made for executing everyone in the LNP front bench.

Check this fuckin abbott/hockey apologist

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I hope Harper loses so all of Tonys friends are booted out of power.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

katlington posted:

Paul said he had been jailed in 2012 for 13 months for self-medicating with controlled painkillers

:psyduck:

I know the answer to this question, but did we really send a quadriplegic to prison for getting an addiction to painkillers?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
They were clearly a leaner :colbert:

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I made a petition, please sign it.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

asmr

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

As an aside, have you been referred to a jobseeker agency? I was referred to one that specializes in working with disabled people, and basically any time I said "i can't loving do this" at the meeting they were like "ok cool". This was after I put in a new med cert with centrelink that said I was incapacitated, and they said "no gently caress you according to our meeting 4 months ago you're fine".

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

"China plans to build 110 nuclear power plants by 2030 with an investment of over $78 billion (firstpost.com)"

haha. if you are involved with Coal in any way, rip.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Dutton is lying about abortion: refugee rape victim
Abyan has denied that she changed her mind about ending the pregnancy after being flown to Australia.

Lawyer for Somali refugee raped on Nauru says Australia ignored her pleas
Lawyer says his client did not refuse an abortion before being abruptly flown back to Nauru but sought more time, counselling and interpreter services

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
i already beat you to that copypasta about dutton mate

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

I don't think it will achieve much but I signed your petition for you.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Libs 53 to labor 47

Australians are stupid

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Please tell us something we don't know. A program tonight had interviews with members of Reclaim Australia and their reasoning made me want to throw up. Someone actually used the Lindt cafe siege as a reason for joining Reclaim Australia to defend against Islam. "Hello I paid attention to the situation there was a siege at the cafe and someone waved a flag, two people died, Islam religion of evil, end of story."

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Tommofork posted:

Please tell us something we don't know. A program tonight had interviews with members of Reclaim Australia and their reasoning made me want to throw up. Someone actually used the Lindt cafe siege as a reason for joining Reclaim Australia to defend against Islam. "Hello I paid attention to the situation there was a siege at the cafe and someone waved a flag, two people died, Islam religion of evil, end of story."

"I find offense to an extremely small minority of what is already an extremely small minority and think they are going to take over Straya. Therefore I think the logical action is to join a group run by literal Nazis to try and stop them"

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What better group to join if you wanted to stomp a minority group into the ground than literal Nazis?

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

QUACKTASTIC posted:

What better group to join if you wanted to stomp a minority group into the ground than literal Nazis?

Any left wing group that gets into bash the fash?

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

Anidav posted:

Lmao Bill Shorten to the left of Turnbull? Bill Shorten is between Turnbull and Abbott.

Wat.

Seriously? Man you have no clue at all.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Going to go out on a limb and call a 22% swing an outlier

@GhostWhoVotes: #Ipsos Poll VIC Federal 2 Party Preferred: L/NP 53 (+11) ALP 47 (-11) #auspol

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tommofork posted:

Any left wing group that gets into bash the fash?

I'm not sure I'd count them as a minority nowadays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

Going to go out on a limb and call a 22% swing an outlier

@GhostWhoVotes: #Ipsos Poll VIC Federal 2 Party Preferred: L/NP 53 (+11) ALP 47 (-11) #auspol

OTOH Australians.

• Locked thread