Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Keeshhound posted:

I would not want my name attached to that cover, but apparently Adam Warren, Hector Sevilla Lujan and Simon Bowland are lacking enough in shame to put their names right there. Impressive, in a way.

While I can't speak for Lujan and Bowland I don't think that the writer of Empowered and the Dirty Pair had that much shame to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
No man don't you see it's ~satire~

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
"You know what everyone thinks is mad sexy?! Blow up dolls!"

- Adam Warren, every living moment of his life

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Chinaman7000 posted:

Wait.... So you're saying he's like a life model decoy???????? I don't follow.

I don't want to speak for him but I think he's saying that it glorifies Tommy Lee Jones in A Few Good Men. Jessup thinks he is this Nick Fury.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Flesh Forge posted:

Whats wrong with your faaaaacccce :gonk:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Flesh Forge posted:

That's not a very practical place to keep your dagger.

HorseHeadBed
May 6, 2009

Godfucking dammit - I love Dredd so much.

Also, that doll thing is giving me the heeby-jeebies.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Nevvy Z posted:

I don't want to speak for him but I think he's saying that it glorifies Tommy Lee Jones in A Few Good Men. Jessup thinks he is this Nick Fury.
I know someone in this thread who isn't getting courtside seats to the next Lakers game...

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

NorgLyle posted:

I know someone in this thread who isn't getting courtside seats to the next Lakers game...

Personally, I thought Heath Ledger was the best Two-Face.

Jo Joestar
Oct 24, 2013

Flesh Forge posted:

The Innsmouth Ninja.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
By the way, animated One Punch Man is pretty good.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Anime.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Ah yes, comics made by the wrong sort.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I think the "anime is bad" brigade can make an exception for One Punch Man.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I think the "anime is bad" brigade can make an exception for One Punch Man.

It's not all bad, or at least it can be made okay; just this morning I was thinking about Star Blazers and their wave-motion gun. I also had a Battle of the Planets lunchbox as a child.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I almost made a post defending anime and then deleted it
I think this thread gave me "the" HIV

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Mr. Maltose posted:

Ah yes, comics made by the wrong sort.

I mean, I guess it's not actually panels? :shrug:

It is pretty fantastic though.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I want to watch it, but it seems horribly unnecessary. The comic is already so well-done that it's practically animated.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

I want to watch it, but it seems horribly unnecessary. The comic is already so well-done that it's practically animated.

I thought the same, but please.. watch it. It's so good

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Fine I will check out this One Punch Man. I seem to have the first couple issues on Comixology anyway.

I'm not going to be happy about enjoying this.

Truth be told I love Berserk, just haven't read it in a couple years.

Unknownone
Apr 23, 2003

Some stupid 04 bought me this

Norns posted:

Truth be told I love Berserk, just haven't read it in a couple years.

You're only about 3 chapters behind everyone else then.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

net cafe scandal posted:

Is there an official translation or am I forced to watch some garbage pirated fan translation?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Endless Mike posted:

Is there an official translation or am I forced to watch some garbage pirated fan translation?

It's on Hulu. I was able to watch without even signing up for Hulu.

They kind of hosed off the Ninja Tree Pinball scene, but the slow-motion nutshot is rendered quite lovingly, and oh man I can't wait to get home and watch the Genos vs. Saitama training match, if it's going to look even remotely good as that gif.

LordSaturn fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Nov 2, 2015

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

LordSaturn posted:

It's on Hulu. I was able to watch without even signing up for Hulu.

They kind of hosed off the Ninja Tree Pinball scene, but the slow-motion nutshot is rendered quite lovingly, and oh man I can't wait to get home and watch the Gnos vs. Saitama training match, if it's going to look even remotely good as that gif.

They phone it in on Saitama dodging the energy blast, but everything else is fantastic, especially the ending punch.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

net cafe scandal posted:

Can confirm. I already have the comics, but the show is very fun. So far, there's no real deviations, but the little touches add some humor that's difficult to do with static pages.

Subbed episodes are on Hulu for the US.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

flosofl posted:

Can confirm. I already have the comics, but the show is very fun. So far, there's no real deviations, but the little touches add some humor that's difficult to do with static pages.

Subbed episodes are on Hulu for the US.

You can also watch it on Daisuki. In my experience they have fewer commercials, and they're for less obnoxious advertisers.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Less obnoxious ads, but the video quality is a tad below Hulu's. Especially in the action scenes, you can see more artifacts, so I stick with Hulu because I can choose to watch ads with Genevieve Gorder in them.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Keeshhound posted:

They phone it in on Saitama dodging the energy blast, but everything else is fantastic, especially the ending punch.

Man, some of those flipbook panels must be daunting for the animators. Like, "Holy poo poo, you want me to do THAT? In real time?"

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Endless Mike posted:

The art in the comic is way more detailed and some compromises obviously have to be made for animation, but on the other hand there are things that can be conveyed much better in animation than they can in single drawings:

:ohdear:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Flesh Forge posted:

The art in the comic is way more detailed and some compromises obviously have to be made for animation, but on the other hand there are things that can be conveyed much better in animation than they can in single drawings:

:ohdear:

unironically the pinnacle of art

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

:shittypop::vince::shittypop:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

:perfect:

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois
So for some reason I haven't read Berserk yet and holy loving crap it's like I couldn't even pick a page to post. A lot of it is weird magical warrior stuff but when cities get sacked and the populations burned and some ogre thing smashes a soldier's eyeball out with a few teeth flying to and fro its...something.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Thank you.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Minarchist posted:

So for some reason I haven't read Berserk yet and holy loving crap it's like I couldn't even pick a page to post. A lot of it is weird magical warrior stuff but when cities get sacked and the populations burned and some ogre thing smashes a soldier's eyeball out with a few teeth flying to and fro its...something.

Its great.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Minarchist posted:

Berserk is nutso crazy poo poo that has generated and fueled creepos and weirdos on the internet forever. Also, it's super great and well done a lot of the time. Not sure how far you are but I remember being surprised when they finally got to the point where Guts gets his most iconic features/tools, because they escalate things even more.

edit: also everytime this page reloads and I have to see the dumb lipped ninja at the top for a split second I get mad.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

We Stand On Guard #5

America's subjugated Canada, spent issues torturing the commander of a bunch of Canadian freedom fightersterrorists until she broke and revealed their location and the American army heads in to wipe them out. Except when they get their hands on them, things dont go to plan.

:allears:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I'm assuming the bomber is canadian cause drat she has manners even when she's going all jihad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Cabbit posted:

Depends on who's writing him, although usually it's military hardware he has no business having rather than gadgets.

I'm pretty sure all of Frank's gear comes either from people he kills or sympathetic cops/marines who look the other way when he backs up a truck into the warehouse.