Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

African AIDS cum posted:

Yeah just playing Luigis Mansion multiplayer once has put me off getting this new Zelda thing or any game like it

Jarogue posted:

Luigis Mansion multiplayer work fine for me. I was even able to do a 25 floor with randoms.

Luigi's Mansion multiplayer owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Help Im Alive posted:

Luigi's Mansion multiplayer owned

Most underrated game on 3ds imo, and the mp is great.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Late, but hey, there's still one Zelda session left :v: Enjoy emote-spamming with randos or friends.

B0HF2LBC13RJ7MBT
B0HHVXHB0PYHY0L2

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Is Triforce Heroes a $50 game? It's advertised in the Target flyer as such but that could just be a typo.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Ometeotl posted:

Is Triforce Heroes a $50 game? It's advertised in the Target flyer as such but that could just be a typo.

It's a typo. Only 50 dollar 3ds games are Atlus these days.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

Should be normal 3DS game price.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I played some Triforce Heroes. It's good fun, but I'm not sure I'm going to buy it at full price. But then again I only played like three stages, it would be interesting to know how much content the full game has.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think the trailer from a while back said 32 dungeons

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Help Im Alive posted:

I think the trailer from a while back said 32 dungeons

In addition, every dungeon will have three optional challenge modes for added variation. So in total that's 128 "missions" if you want to complete the game.

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012
God drat that demo was way more fun than I expected! Figuring out a puzzle while only being able to use a few emoticons to communicate is just the greatest feeling. I went through three different dungeons with the same two people and we did a generally good job of figuring each other out. We kept messing up during the bomb dungeon's boss, and when we finally beat him on the third try we all spammed pom-poms until the screen went black. :3:

I went from not caring much about the game to needing it NOW within the span of about an hour.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Once the retail game hits is the triforce demo going to be live all the time, or is it never going live again, leaving you to wander the lobby alone?

kittenchops
Jul 24, 2013

Urdnot Fire posted:

Late, but hey, there's still one Zelda session left :v: Enjoy emote-spamming with randos or friends.

B0HF2LBC13RJ7MBT
B0HHVXHB0PYHY0L2

I just grabbed the top code. Thanks!

Can't wait to try this out.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Hey nerds, more NA codes:

B0HHVDNY32F0X0VD
B0HFSWWM3D3HWKXT
B0HH0X1D5M5872CX

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Meldonox posted:

Hey nerds, more NA codes:
B0HFSWWM3D3HWKXT

Grabbed this one, thanks.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Once the retail game hits is the triforce demo going to be live all the time, or is it never going live again, leaving you to wander the lobby alone?

Probably the latter (although local play, which lets you play the first dungeon, should still work) unless and until they make a public demo that doesn't require a code to download.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

More NA Zelda codes:

B0HG8J0B4X3B178W
B0HFTSTQ3S44W4NP
B0HX93LG347JP94G

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
I strongly suspect there will be a separate demo closer to release. This demo, like the Splatoon testfires, was as much for the devs as for the consumer market.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I dunno if they really need a demo to sell people on a Zelda game to be honest

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

Help Im Alive posted:

Nintendo has to convince people that this is a good addition to players gaming libraries, I already have A Link Between Worlds, why should I buy this? There's still some selling to get the concept across.

Initially I had no interest but ended up really enjoying the demo, even with strangers. I was unsure if the cooperative gameplay was super viable or worthwhile. Everything can be displayed with an icon and I screwed up equally as much as everyone else.

I only really wonder how long the actual game is and how good the incentives to replay dungeons are.

Also I'm pretty sure having the demo here will get me the game 10% off at launch.

woofbro fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Oct 18, 2015

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

woofbro posted:

I only really wonder how long the actual game is and how good the incentives to replay dungeons are.

I found it interesting to replay the dungeons in the demo with the different weapons. Like the bomb dungeon with the gust jar and bombs feels really different with what you do.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Help Im Alive posted:

You don't remember Hyrule Warriors's pre-release era

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

I was going to pass on the game because I was ambivalent about co-op Zelda and I don't know anyone with a 3DS so I couldn't play it locally. I tried it out on a whim this morning and I loved it, so the demo sold me big-time!

To be honest it reminded me a lot of playing Splatoon and how amazing it is when you have synergy with people you can't even talk to. Plus, the pom-poms are a great "Booyah!" substitute.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Holy Crap, Drake Redcrest is back in action.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Even though the thread's hyped up for Triforce Warriors, I've been spending some of my free time this weekend playing Legend of Legacy. I've never played a SaGa game before, but I kind of like this. I like that the story is basically non-existent, the music's bumpin, and once you've got a few skills to toss around aside from your weapon's basic attack the combat becomes a lot more fun. The game expects a little bit of thinking out of you in terms of how you set up your relics for casting spells, and the fact that an inopportune wipe will kick you to your last save is balanced out by being able to guaranteed flee to the entrance of a zone in any non-boss encounter.

I think my only complaint so far is that the game hasn't said anything about how you can permanently learn spells from relics; that's something I picked up from the manual after trying to figure out how the stances worked.

I don't think I'd recommend this to someone with the Atlus tax, though. I only got it because I had some gift card money to spend. For the $30 out of pocket I spent it's been pretty good to me so far.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Is the latest Dr. Mario game good? How much does it cost?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It's 9 bucks. It's probably the best version of the game but if you don't care about online or the extra modes then you're not missing much just getting the NES one.

riversarl
Nov 11, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

More NA Zelda codes:

B0HG8J0B4X3B178W
B0HFTSTQ3S44W4NP
B0HX93LG347JP94G

Used the third one, cheers!

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

riversarl posted:

Used the third one, cheers!

i'm pretty sure the poo poo's over now tho

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Owning the demo gets you a discount on the full digital game, at least in JP/PAL-land.

Moldy Taxes posted:

I don't think I'd recommend this to someone with the Atlus tax, though. I only got it because I had some gift card money to spend. For the $30 out of pocket I spent it's been pretty good to me so far.

Atlus tax is $50, $40 is the standard 3DS price. I still think it's a bit much to ask from most people.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ausgoons, Target's going to be selling Tri-Force Heroes for $47. They'll also have the Mewtwo and Modern Pixel Mario for a whole dollar cheaper at $17.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

So they put Chrono Trigger music in FFT: Curtain Call, but the left out Frog's Theme and To Far Away Times? And no characters?

:negative:

It's a fun game once you get into it, especially if you have played a bunch of FF games while growing up. Some of those Ultimate Scores will probably ruin my touchscreen, though.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
I've gone through two Hori screen protectors due to theatrhythm. At least curtain call had a button option (touch screen is still much easier for me).

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I really hope someone rips and uploads the music in Chibi Robo Zip Lash soon.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Kyoujin posted:

I've gone through two Hori screen protectors due to theatrhythm. At least curtain call had a button option (touch screen is still much easier for me).

I barely remember the tutorial and have no clue what to do with all of these cards I am getting (played a decent amount, ~26k rhythm points). I always thought FF IX was my favorite, but it has been a very long time since I beat it so I figured it was just nostalgia. The music from that game is great and brings back a lot of memories, though.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Jarogue posted:

I really hope someone rips and uploads the music in Chibi Robo Zip Lash soon.

It's probably out there somewhere or easily accessible. it's a 3DS game so it's insides are probably all over the net but you know how it is with :filez:

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009

the truth posted:

I barely remember the tutorial and have no clue what to do with all of these cards I am getting (played a decent amount, ~26k rhythm points). I always thought FF IX was my favorite, but it has been a very long time since I beat it so I figured it was just nostalgia. The music from that game is great and brings back a lot of memories, though.

You can safely ignore the cards if you don't want to be bothered. You can use them to bump up the stats of your favorite guys if you want because why not have Terra one shot everything with trance ga spells.

The game is really fun and once it clicks you should give multiplayer a shot if people are still playing it.

turdbucket
Oct 30, 2011

the truth posted:

So they put Chrono Trigger music in FFT: Curtain Call, but the left out Frog's Theme and To Far Away Times? And no characters?

It's a fun game once you get into it, especially if you have played a bunch of FF games while growing up. Some of those Ultimate Scores will probably ruin my touchscreen, though.

I haven't played the game for awhile so I could be wrong but wasn't Frog's Theme one of the DLC songs?

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

the truth posted:

Frog's Theme is a DLC track - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WlKHxhOinI

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NOA's releasing a Yokai Watch 2DS bundle alongside the game on November 6, $100:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Wow, that's pretty good value. If the anime does take off that thing will sell like hotcakes. If.