Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

PCOS Bill posted:

I see the problem here. You don't believe even the most basic things coming from the mouth of a gun owner.

why would anyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

IAMNOTADOCTOR posted:

Shooting at zombicon: 1 killed 4 wounded.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/18/us/zombicon-shooting-fort-myers-florida/index.html

I would also like to take this moment to ask those people that are advocating more mental health over gun control what they mean by that and what they think the estimated effect of such an intervention would be.

not doing anything about guns and also immediately voting against anything to do with increasing mental health services or anything else remotely capable of reducing violence, gun or otherwise.

really that's about all they're up for

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

various cheeses posted:

They have no purpose except the exact purpose they were designed for, okay. "This has no legitimate use because in my warped mind there are no legitimate uses for guns", okay.

They have no legitimate use that cannot be accomplished more cheaply and effectively by inexpensive safety equipment, and thus there is no reason for them to be legal, let alone less restricted. If their restriction leads to some negligible number of your noise lodges for closet queens with thousand yard stares getting shut down that is what we in the restaurant business call "gravy."

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Tezzor posted:

They have no legitimate use that cannot be accomplished more cheaply and effectively by inexpensive safety equipment, and thus there is no reason for them to be legal, let alone less restricted. If their restriction leads to some negligible number of your noise lodges for closet queens with thousand yard stares getting shut down that is what we in the restaurant business call "gravy."

"They have no legitimate use because I can stick my fingers in my ears", haha okay man.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tezzor posted:

They have no legitimate use that cannot be accomplished more cheaply and effectively by inexpensive safety equipment,

How can you cheaply and effectively quiet your gun so as to not aggravate the new development a quarter mile away that's already screaming bloody murder other than making silencers not hard to get which would make them cheap PDQ

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

IAMNOTADOCTOR posted:

Shooting at zombicon: 1 killed 4 wounded.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/18/us/zombicon-shooting-fort-myers-florida/index.html

I would also like to take this moment to ask those people that are advocating more mental health over gun control what they mean by that and what they think the estimated effect of such an intervention would be.

Anyone attending a zombie walk or whatever the gently caress should definitely be barred from voting and gun ownership, I think we can all agree on this.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

PCOS Bill posted:

How can you cheaply and effectively quiet your gun so as to not aggravate the new development a quarter mile away that's already screaming bloody murder other than making silencers not hard to get which would make them cheap PDQ

You can not fire it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

various cheeses posted:

I'm not lying when I say I support those specific things I listed. The problem comes when the rest of the bullshit comes out like mag limits, assault weapons bans, gun insurance, or all sorts of weird crap I'm no longer cool with.

Like I said, you immediately jump to those policies being ways to sneak in full out bans when it comes to actually implementing them. Ergo you are lying when you say you support them. You're literally doing that with these two sentences. I couldn't have possibly found a better example than this right here. I'm not falsely accusing you of being a liar, the proof is right here plain as day.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
It happening in Florida probably had more to do with the shooting game than anything else.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tezzor posted:

You can not fire it.

That's the only answer you can come up with?

Who What Now posted:

Like I said, you immediately jump to those policies being ways to sneak in full out bans

That's because they are. If it weren't for the follow-up of "and then we'll add in more restrictions after these" it wouldn't be such an issue.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Armyman25 posted:

It happening in Florida probably had more to do with the shooting game than anything else.
Florida is a very special place and the things that happen here should not be generalized to the rest of the nation.

We are a proud, but dumb, people.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Who What Now posted:

Like I said, you immediately jump to those policies being ways to sneak in full out bans when it comes to actually implementing them. Ergo you are lying when you say you support them. You're literally doing that with these two sentences. I couldn't have possibly found a better example than this right here. I'm not falsely accusing you of being a liar, the proof is right here plain as day.

You are one weird dude.

Make a bill that includes the things I posted earlier and it will get my support, as long as it does not include the crap I listed in the quoted post. It's literally that simple.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

PCOS Bill posted:

That's the only answer you can come up with?

That's the only answer that's necessary.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tezzor posted:

That's the only answer that's necessary.

Only to you, because you don't like guns, which are cool and good and own.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

various cheeses posted:

You are one weird dude.

Make a bill that includes the things I posted earlier and it will get my support, as long as it does not include the crap I listed in the quoted post. It's literally that simple.
No, everything you say is lies! Nothing can ever be believed! How do I know you aren't a 9 foot space lizard with a raging purple hardon?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Florida and the rest of the South can break off and give guns to all the slaves and slave owners ('cause lets be honest, they'll bring back slavery) so they can all kill each other and leave the land to the sane people.

Oh wait, this is America so all the sane people have already been killed by gun owners.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Rent-A-Cop posted:

No, everything you say is lies! Nothing can ever be believed! How do I know you aren't a 9 foot space lizard with a raging purple hardon?

Everything I say is a lie and yet I'm supposedly the conspiracy theorist :downs:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Florida and the rest of the South can break off and give guns to all the slaves and slave owners ('cause lets be honest, they'll bring back slavery) so they can all kill each other and leave the land to the sane people.

Oh wait, this is America so all the sane people have already been killed by gun owners.

Jastiger alt?

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Florida and the rest of the South can break off

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

PCOS Bill posted:

Jastiger alt?

:drat:

That hurts. I thought we were on the same side. We both hate gun control and love violence.

EDIT:

Noice

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm actually pretty strongly against violence except in self-defense.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

PCOS Bill posted:

I'm actually pretty strongly against violence except in self-defense.

But, you own guns. This makes no sense.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

Wow, rude.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

But, you own guns. This makes no sense.

I like to put holes in paper (And occasionally other small biodegradable things like fruit, etc.) from far away. And if someone attacked me I would judiciously defend myself.

That doesn't mean I like violence.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Wow, rude.

If they're willing to put a lovely "self-defense" law into their books, they deserve nothing but complete and utter genocide.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

If they're willing to put a lovely "self-defense" law into their books, they deserve nothing but complete and utter genocide.

Uh, so most of the world then?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

PCOS Bill posted:

I like to put holes in paper from far away. And if someone attacked me I would judiciously defend myself.

That doesn't mean I like violence.

Take up archery. It's a lot mess expensive, and makes your victimattacker suffer longer.

EDIT:

PCOS Bill posted:

Uh, so most of the world then?

Now you're starting to get it.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Take up archery. It's a lot mess expensive, and makes your victimattacker suffer longer.

Hahaha you've never priced out a good bow or arrows have you?

I have a "decent" 50lb compound bow I bought used years ago and some... mediocre aluminum arrows. I like firearms better.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Tezzor posted:

They have no purpose except making gunshots quieter and harder to pinpoint the origin of. This has no legitimate use because any legitimate reason to mitigate gunshot noise can be accomplished far more cheaply and effectively with basic safety equipment. You are simply a child crying because he can't have a toy.
No, their purpose is to prevent hearing damage, which is a common problem in older target shooters and hunters, by decreasing the sound of a gunshot from "immediately causes hearing damage" to "long term exposure will cause hearing damage" levels. Additionally insisting that people who hunt always wear hearing protection in the woods is absurd on its face since in such a situation hearing protection also has the effect of making it more difficult to tell what is going on, which is not good when multiple hunters are in an area.

Here, let's take a look at the advertised figures on a commercial suppressor.
http://silencerco.com/products/omega/

quote:

Muzzle Average dB:
119.5 (.300 BLK)
130.1 (5.56 NATO)
133.9 (.308 WIN)
While they didn't specify, 300blk is generally used with subsonic ammo when used with a suppressor. The other two are generally supersonic, and as such louder. Even in the greatest dampening situation where the measured sound level was reduced to 119.5 dB the sound level is greater than that of a emergency vehicle siren. The other two come in at slightly under the level of an air raid siren. That's loud as gently caress either way.

Since you have zero experience, context, or knowledge with these situations you are not qualified in any way to judge what is legitimate.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Parts Kit posted:

Since you have zero experience, context, or knowledge with these situations you are not qualified in any way to judge what is legitimate.

Uh excuse me I believe he has his feelings, don't you dare denigrate him.

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
Aren't waiting periods at the very least a means of harm reduction for suicidal people? It seems like a minor inconvenience that would potentially save lives

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Extensive Vamping posted:

Aren't waiting periods at the very least a means of harm reduction for suicidal people? It seems like a minor inconvenience that would potentially save lives

Maybe black people can vote the day after white people. A method of harm reduction you see.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Go to range, have gun in hand within minutes for a few bucks, no reason to buy one.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

To quote gunlovers, "I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now."

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Aren't waiting periods only in place on handguns? If you really wanted to just buy a gun to kill yourself with there are plenty of hunting rifles available for sale.

Plinkey posted:

Go to range, have gun in hand within minutes for a few bucks, no reason to buy one.

Or this.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Institute permtting for range trips on an individual basis. Waiting period of one to three years and may-issue at the discretion of the County Musketry Board.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

various cheeses posted:

You are one weird dude.

It's not, though, because if it looks like it'll pass you'll just back peddle and say you can't support it because it'll lead to future bills with the other parts. You're simply put someone who is full of poo poo.

various cheeses posted:

Everything I say is a lie and yet I'm supposedly the conspiracy theorist :downs:

I've never accused you of this.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

PCOS Bill posted:

Maybe black people can vote the day after white people. A method of harm reduction you see.

Or they can just not vote at all, according to your party.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
PCOS Bill was literally posting as though he was George Zimmerman and none of you noticed and all of you took him seriously :cawg:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I think it's good to know that an American private citizen can have the freedom to kill as many elementary school children as he needs.

• Locked thread