Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Assume the bill Various Cheese proposed passes and he kills himself in his grief.

Which of you can honestly say a more strict bill wouldn't be proposed after the first shooting post new law?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

-Troika- posted:

PCOS Bill was literally posting as though he was George Zimmerman and none of you noticed and all of you took him seriously :cawg:

We all noticed, and I specifically called him an idiot for believing the testimony of a murderer who's story changed a dozen times between when it all went down and when the trial happened.

But that's still not as stupid as him pretending he cares about minorities when he votes to gently caress them over at every opportunity. Fuckin lmao

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
CommieGIR's Drill Weekend.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

PCOS Bill posted:

Maybe black people can vote the day after white people. A method of harm reduction you see.

lol go gently caress yourself

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

-Troika- posted:

PCOS Bill was literally posting as though he was George Zimmerman and none of you noticed and all of you took him seriously :cawg:

Yes, "as though". :rolleye:

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Here's an idea: buy a handgun so you can kill people if you want.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

PCOS Bill posted:

Maybe black people can vote the day after white people. A method of harm reduction you see.

PCOS Bill posted:

No, but attacking me, forcing me to the ground, straddling me while hitting me repeatedly and trying to smash my head on the pavement would be!

Lol that was a turnaround, tell me more about how you're not a racist.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

FYI sarcasm doesn't go over well in this thread.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

khwarezm posted:

Lol that was a turnaround, tell me more about how you're not a racist.

Just how stupid are you?

joeburz posted:

lol go gently caress yourself

Durr durrrr so hard understand sarcasm

-Troika- posted:

What?

Who What Now posted:

Or they can just not vote at all, according to your party.

I don't have a party. I'm a registered Independent. I'm more likely to vote "Everyone piss off" than anything.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

PCOS Bill posted:

Just how stupid are you?

What?

I don't have a party. I'm a registered Independent. I'm more likely to vote "Everyone piss off" than anything.

"I don't have a party" *votes straight ticket R every election*

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now posted:

"I don't have a party" *votes straight ticket R every election*

Weird how that never happens

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

PCOS Bill posted:

comparing the difficulty of buying a gun under gun control measures to actual life altering things like voter discrimination is stupid and youre a dumb racist eqeta

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

joeburz posted:

comparing the difficulty of buying a gun under gun control measures to actual life altering things like voter discrimination is stupid and youre a dumb racist eqeta

Except racism influenced most of our modern gun control laws?

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Ozmiander posted:

ah yes it is gun control advocates who are the real racists

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Not life altering:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/10/no-one-helped-her-nj-woman-murdered-by-ex-while-waiting-for-gun-permit/

Carol Bowne knew her best shot at defending herself from a violent ex was a gun, and not a piece of paper. And it was paperwork that left her unprotected when Michael Eitel showed up at her New Jersey home last week and stabbed her to death, say Second Amendment advocates, who charge local police routinely sit on firearms applications they are supposed to rule on within 30 days.

Bowne, 39, had a restraining order against Eitel when he killed her in her driveway last Wednesday, but she was still waiting for Berlin Township Police Chief Leonard Check to approve the gun permit she had applied for on April 21. Tragically, she had gone to the township police department just two days before her death to check on the status of her languishing application. In another indication of her fear of Eitel, Bowne had recently installed surveillance cameras around her home, and the equipment recorded the 45-year-old ex-con attacking her as she arrived home and got out of her car.

“She should have been granted that permit in a timely matter, especially given her status as a domestic violence victim,” said Evan Nappen, a New Jersey-based attorney who specializes in Second Amendment cases.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

joeburz posted:

Back when it was exclusively old white dudes scared of "uppity blacks"? Yeah, totally.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

PCOS Bill posted:

Not life altering:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/10/no-one-helped-her-nj-woman-murdered-by-ex-while-waiting-for-gun-permit/

Carol Bowne knew her best shot at defending herself from a violent ex was a gun, and not a piece of paper. And it was paperwork that left her unprotected when Michael Eitel showed up at her New Jersey home last week and stabbed her to death, say Second Amendment advocates, who charge local police routinely sit on firearms applications they are supposed to rule on within 30 days.

Bowne, 39, had a restraining order against Eitel when he killed her in her driveway last Wednesday, but she was still waiting for Berlin Township Police Chief Leonard Check to approve the gun permit she had applied for on April 21. Tragically, she had gone to the township police department just two days before her death to check on the status of her languishing application. In another indication of her fear of Eitel, Bowne had recently installed surveillance cameras around her home, and the equipment recorded the 45-year-old ex-con attacking her as she arrived home and got out of her car.

“She should have been granted that permit in a timely matter, especially given her status as a domestic violence victim,” said Evan Nappen, a New Jersey-based attorney who specializes in Second Amendment cases.

if he jumped her getting out of the car the odds of her being able to recognize the threat, draw, aim, and fire in such a way as to not just be firing wildly in a neighborhood are pretty slim

the odds of him getting the gun away from her and shooting her, on the other hand,

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Literally The Worst posted:

if he jumped her getting out of the car the odds of her being able to recognize the threat, draw, aim, and fire in such a way as to not just be firing wildly in a neighborhood are pretty slim

the odds of him getting the gun away from her and shooting her, on the other hand,

Yeah, her life basically wasn't worth even trying to save.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Ozmiander posted:

Reminder: http://www.people-press.org/2015/08/13/gun-rights-vs-gun-control/#race

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

gently caress if she should have had a chance to even the odds though!

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

PCOS Bill posted:

Not life altering:

Nine against your one:

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/07/10/421789047/fbi-says-background-check-error-let-charleston-shooting-suspect-buy-gun

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

joeburz posted:

This is why I only truly advocate for disarming white people. And pcos bill.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ozmiander posted:

Yeah, her life basically wasn't worth even trying to save.

that's not what i said, actually!

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

a racist shooting up a church is actually not the fault of a woman with a restraining order against a violent ex, 0/10 see me after class

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Ozmiander posted:

Back when it was exclusively old white dudes scared of "uppity blacks"? Yeah, totally.

yeah but nowadays the people calling for more guns are the white dudes scared of "thugs" so that argument rings hollow unless youre calling from the 70s

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

PCOS Bill posted:

Not life altering:

NO ONE HELPED HER!!!!!

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

DeusExMachinima posted:

a racist shooting up a church is actually not the fault of a woman with a restraining order against a violent ex, 0/10 see me after class

Don't think so, I'm not sure we're even attending the same class.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

joeburz posted:

yeah but nowadays the people calling for more guns are the white dudes scared of "thugs" so that argument rings hollow unless youre calling from the 70s

Why is it that instead of looking at the people who own guns, you have to fall back on to the trope of old white dudes that hate blacks as the "true" gun owners? Can't it just be the people who shoot paper targets or feel better knowing they aren't unarmed if they're ever attacked?

lol, jk. loving black people, imma run you over with muh ferd fteen thousand and pop you in the head with my glawk 9 for approaching me for the time.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Gravel Gravy posted:

Don't think so, I'm not sure we're even attending the same class.

Wow classist much?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

PCOS Bill posted:

Wow classist much?

Speaking of how often have you been compared to school on Saturday?

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

that's not what i said, actually!

Why would any abused woman want a gun when they could get a practical katana? Or just call the police? I have been told in this very thread that the cops are all the self defense anyone needs.

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
So is "gun control advocates are the real racist" the new "Republicans are the party of Lincoln?"

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mavric posted:

So is "gun control advocates are the real racist" the new "Republicans are the party of Lincoln?"
Both are true

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Mavric posted:

I'm willing to consider that some gun control advocates think themselves superior to everyone instead of just a few demos.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Tezzor, about silencers still, I'd like to offer you an explanation why theyre good and you can evaluate my reasoning then.

I posted earlier that I have suffered a bit of loss of hearing from when I was in the army, but I like to hunt and I think its fun to see how accurate I am with the rifle, especially because for hunting I need as clean shots as possible to not cause suffering for the animal. So, when I am at the range, even with earpro, the stall amplifies the sound a bit due to echo, so with a silencer I can make it even better for my ears, than just with earpro. And during hunting, I cant really wear earpro because I need to hear the animals, the dog and other hunters, stuff like that.

Now, obvious answer might probably be to stop doing those, but I like game meat and its far cheaper to hunt it than to buy it.

The point is, that silencers have a demonstrable use for safety.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

PCOS Bill posted:

Both are true

Lincoln was a liberal :ssh:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now posted:

Lincoln was a liberal :ssh:

In my opinion, so are most Republicans :ssh:

It's all relative

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

joeburz posted:

I joined my local range 4 years ago. It's in an inner ring suburb, but the range has been there since the 1920s. It's nothing special. Anyway when I joined there were about 300 members. A few months ago, we got to know a family who had just moved in to the area. The man asked me if there were any local ranges so I brought him to our monthly meeting. I hadn't gone in several years. At any rate, membership is now closed, capped at 750. The vast majority of new members are women, and probably half of the new members are minority, according to the membership chair. So there you have it, white dudes scared of thugs. It's pretty great that a bunch of goons (is there a whiter/fatter/less useful demographic?) love projecting all of their inadequacies and fears onto groups they don't understand.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I don't see a problem with people who buy gun permits being violently murdered in their homes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
war is peace
freedom is slavery
ignorance is strength
guns bring life

• Locked thread