Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Yes. How does some fans of something being annoying to you matter at all for whether you consume something if it's something you like or don't yet know if you like?

Edit: Well that looks weird as the first post of a page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
It's one of those cases where the fans are so drat weird if you end up liking the same thing it becomes embarrassing to admit.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Don't worry. You can watch things and not actually tell anyone thereby eliminating the whole embarrassment at admitting it.

Anyway, how about those cupcakes?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I see they actually managed to put in the Halloween event this year with some bullshit it's not actually Halloween lore. I wonder if any of the poo poo you get from it is half decent?

The announcement they had to cancel Halloween and Christmas last year was the saddest, funniest thing.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Anoia posted:

It's one of those cases where the fans are so drat weird if you end up liking the same thing it becomes embarrassing to admit.

For myself it just adds a needlessly distracting filter. I wish I could be pure of heart and mind and approach everything with a completely unbiased perspective, and I usually can....but sometimes even I am not powerful enough to not allow bad nerds to affect my perception of things...

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I tried to get into the game, got to level 12 or so and just got bored. The questing is mediocre to bad, stats are still dumb (early example being I kept getting weapons and armor from the first few quest hubs that were better than rewards from quests 3-5 levels later, PVP is a terrible Christmas themed laser light show where nothing feels like it's doing any real damage.. I mean, I'll probably force myself to level cap a character because I'm stupid like that but drat.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Verranicus posted:

I tried to get into the game, got to level 12 or so and just got bored. The questing is mediocre to bad, stats are still dumb (early example being I kept getting weapons and armor from the first few quest hubs that were better than rewards from quests 3-5 levels later, PVP is a terrible Christmas themed laser light show where nothing feels like it's doing any real damage.. I mean, I'll probably force myself to level cap a character because I'm stupid like that but drat.

The PvP really is a gigantic clusterfuck of constant AoE spams and it's really really bad. Like I thought Warhammer Online was bad about AoE spamming but Wildstar takes the concept to a whole new level. I played for a few days and just called it quits. When Vanilla WoW's PVP is deeper than your recently released MMO that's a big problem.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Extra posted:

The PvP really is a gigantic clusterfuck of constant AoE spams and it's really really bad. Like I thought Warhammer Online was bad about AoE spamming but Wildstar takes the concept to a whole new level. I played for a few days and just called it quits. When Vanilla WoW's PVP is deeper than your recently released MMO that's a big problem.

Battlegrounds in WAR were legit fun to me. I've seen people praise Wildstars PVP and I just don't understand. I can be sitting there spamming every ability I have on a person and their health won't drop below 50%. Nothing feels like it hurts them. Add to this the "everything is an AoE" philosophy that I already dislike and it's just awful.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Anoia posted:

We've been over this.

All MMOs are poo poo and we are fools for playing them.

We're the abused spouse in a video game relationship.

Cyster
Jul 22, 2007

Things are going to be okay.

Anoia posted:

I see they actually managed to put in the Halloween event this year with some bullshit it's not actually Halloween lore. I wonder if any of the poo poo you get from it is half decent?

The announcement they had to cancel Halloween and Christmas last year was the saddest, funniest thing.

Cancelling them last year was rough, but Shade's Eve was not going to get the QA time it needed due to the patch it was hooked to needing more, and four devs bashing their heads against content they're over-familiar with only find so many bugs.

This year we got both QA time and PTR time, and both were invaluable. Got some major bugs worked out of the system. I'll be on deck to fix things as fast as I can should things go awry tomorrow. All told, though, I'm pretty happy with the event and the reception from the PTR testers was positive. Fingers crossed that it goes well! It's always nice to see something you worked on go live.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
I can understand the reason for delaying the holiday content. Wildstar got into trouble early on in its life by patching too often and generating piles of bugs. Forcing the holidays through that year would have surely caused even more problems at that point.

But man, literally canceling Christmas is a nightmare for PR, especially for a game that was already struggling.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Anoia posted:

Steven Universe avatars have replaced ponies for "oh boy here here we go" content, I see.

Shocking that adults who spent five bucks to show people on a forum how much they love a children's show are not more mature, really.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

It is considerably more shameful to play this game than it is to have a kids cartoon avatar.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Al Borland posted:

We're the abused spouse in a video game relationship.
Not gonna lie... after seeing all the recent praise for the Wildstar F2P relaunch in this very thread, I was extremely tempted to make a post asking how many thread posters were in abusive relationships irl. Actually, I guess I just did!

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Verranicus posted:

Battlegrounds in WAR were legit fun to me. I've seen people praise Wildstars PVP and I just don't understand. I can be sitting there spamming every ability I have on a person and their health won't drop below 50%. Nothing feels like it hurts them. Add to this the "everything is an AoE" philosophy that I already dislike and it's just awful.

From everything I remember it's like this until 50, when suddenly it becomes the exact opposite and everyone starts one shoting each other and becomes a different kind of unfun time.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Anatharon posted:

Shocking that adults who spent five bucks to show people on a forum how much they love a children's show are not more mature, really.

If the alternative is constant whining about how People Like Thing I Don't Like and literally saying "I can't watch a television show because people who don't agree with me watch it", I'll happily take "immaturity" and the "shame" that comes with it. :jerkbag:

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Roll with them punches.

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Bah gawd he had a family!

Amante posted:

Not gonna lie... after seeing all the recent praise for the Wildstar F2P relaunch in this very thread, I was extremely tempted to make a post asking how many thread posters were in abusive relationships irl. Actually, I guess I just did!

Its me. Wildstar gets picked over me for binges until 5am in the mornings. :smith:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Mizuti posted:

I can understand the reason for delaying the holiday content. Wildstar got into trouble early on in its life by patching too often and generating piles of bugs. Forcing the holidays through that year would have surely caused even more problems at that point.

But man, literally canceling Christmas is a nightmare for PR, especially for a game that was already struggling.

Wildstar got into trouble for patching too often AND too infrequently. Basically they were letting major bugfixes sit until the next drop. poo poo that any other devteam would hotfix. This meant if your class was semi broken because of some bug, you get to wait it out.

Lant posted:

From everything I remember it's like this until 50, when suddenly it becomes the exact opposite and everyone starts one shoting each other and becomes a different kind of unfun time.

It's still AOE fests at 50, the difference being the other team will eventually figure out who the healers are and you'll get 50 cones of fire directly on healer face then your team gets shredded.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Oct 19, 2015

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

noELrunes posted:

Its me. Wildstar gets picked over me for binges until 5am in the mornings. :smith:

I'm actually finding Warrior kind of fun?!

noELrunes
Jan 23, 2004

Bah gawd he had a family!

Mormon Star Wars posted:

I play(ed) stalker and it was fun in PvP. I don't know what I was doing wrong for me to have low dps in PvP though.

Im sure if warriors could heal they'd be able to cover thst role easy as well.

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Just came back to this for the first time since beta, and I enjoy warrior a lot... However the terrible sound of dented aluminum when you hit a mob is obnoxious as hell.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

So the Hoverboard race event is a lot of fun and the 2015 Mcfly outfit and BTTF inspired housing decor stuff all owns

Check it out http://www.wildstar-online.com/en/news/2015-10-21-deep-dive-hoverboard-zprix-invitational/

3 daily quests (one per race track) and you pick which reward you want each day, supposed to last like a week so you can probably get everything if you want it all

the delorean hoverboard and it's flair is all cash shop only but the rest is quest rewards for doing the races

i'm hoping people make enough noise at them that they make it a recurring yearly event and add more tracks, or just make the hoverboard races a thing they add more of to the game over time or something. because its really fun

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
It works on water immersion ruined. Also what is it with all the games just giving out hoverboards lately?

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Morglon posted:

It works on water immersion ruined. Also what is it with all the games just giving out hoverboards lately?

Yesterday's date was in a movie. So creatively bankrupt people put poo poo from that movie in everything.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Donnerberg posted:

Yesterday's date was in a movie. So creatively bankrupt people put poo poo from that movie in everything.

Everything I saw yesterday was inundated with back to the future stuff.

EDIT: Outside of wildstar too.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
It's probably one of my favorite movies but come on, that's just dumb.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

Morglon posted:

It's probably one of my favorite movies but come on, that's just dumb.

What do you expect? This is pretty much society in general:

"poo poo is happening"....oh look!!!!! Entertainment items/news!

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
reddit had all their posts set to 30 years and <however many normal hours ago>. :psyduck:

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Like I said: This poo poo was all over the place.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

wildstar had the hoverboards (including the pink BTTF looking one) in since way, way early on at least but yeah there was a lot of stuff capitalizing on BTTF day yesterday

i'd complain but it's my favorite movie series and i really like being pandered to

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

heres the hoverboard event costume btw, modeled by everyones favorite giant eyes thing

the gloves arent part of it. neither is the hologram logo for the abandoned goon guild that im still in for some reason.

but it's all dyeable and stuff. the hat keeps the weird splotchy pattern when dyed which looks interesting with some colors

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

LOOKIN' GOOD CUPCAKE

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Oh hey its Kelp. I have a non goon guild that's working towards end game stuff I can get you into. Space Jam is dead.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Oh hey its Kelp. I have a non goon guild that's working towards end game stuff I can get you into. Space Jam is dead.

that would be cool. i just got a new job so i haven't played much since the F2P conversion but i'd like to start getting back into stuff and getting my guy leveled past 35 or whatever he's at.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Space Jam's hologram was pretty sweet.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Magmarashi posted:

It is considerably more shameful to play this game than it is to have a kids cartoon avatar.

Well I mean, can't it be both?

Anoia posted:

Roll with them punches.

*is posting in a thread where goons claim to be playing wildstar 'to make fun of people'*

*is worked up when people start making fun of people playing wildstar*

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Mayor McCheese posted:

No debate here. WS is a burning pile of garbage, but gently caress me, FF14 1.0 was something to behold.

does it still have defenders on the official forums or did they finally gave up

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Besesoth posted:

If the alternative is constant whining about how People Like Thing I Don't Like and literally saying "I can't watch a television show because people who don't agree with me watch it", I'll happily take "immaturity" and the "shame" that comes with it. :jerkbag:

Steven Universe is manchild-pandering trash and you are a moron for liking it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

RottenK posted:

Steven Universe is manchild-pandering trash and you are a moron for liking it.

I feel a bit strange for completely ignoring whatever cartoon goons are latched onto this week. Adventure time? Never watched it. Steven Universe? Don't even know what it is.

• Locked thread