Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

My Lovely Horse posted:

Reminds me: there's a mission in Saints Row 3 where you disguise yourself as the enemy military commander to infiltrate their base. The disguise includes changing your voice to his; Saints Row 3 allows you to pick one of seven voice sets during character creation, and they had the commander's VA record unique dialogue for each set, including the joke one that only does zombie grunts.

Is there a video that shows this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

SinineSiil posted:

Is there a video that shows this?

Right here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYJLf-sptU4
The part where the Boss is in disguise starts at 1:55.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Pokemon Platinum: In Pastoria City there's a face board you can walk behind and stick your head in. Very briefly after you get that city's gym badge you can find your rival standing in it. He'll have different dialog depending on whether you approach him from the front of the face board, or behind it.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
Life is Strange has a subplot where the main character Max is completely oblivious that her friend Warren has a crush on her, and Warren's friend Brooke has a crush on him so of course she hates Max. I'm only about halfway through the game, but so far Max has not picked up on this at all and keeps wondering why they act the way they do around her.

It's amusing because even though I imagine most players would realize what is going on pretty quickly, we all know people in real life that really are as oblivious as Max when it comes to such things.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I just finished Soma a few days ago, and there are a lot of sequences where you have an objective but you find out along the way that you can't get there because X, so you have to sidetrack to go fix X.

One of these is that you have to use the station's network, but it's down. Usually these sidetrack objectives are collecting clues and some scavenger hunting. Once you find the network, there's an error message on the screen saying it needs to be reset, and there's a simple panel that solves the problem.

The solution to the obstacle of how to get the network online is literally "try turning it off and on again".

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Vermintide: So in most games with a jump button people tend to jump around like idiots when nothing is happening or they're bored or just because they can. In this game, if you jump around a bunch, the characters start insulting you for looking like an idiot.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
In Episode 4 of Life is Strange there's a section where you have to get a very long string of responses exactly right at every step or else poo poo goes sideways real quick. You can let it all turn sour and still achieve the objective, or you can keep rewinding the timestream until you figure out the proper responses to end things peacefully. It took so much time travel abuse to figure out the proper sequence but it ended up being worth it just to watch all the different ways the scenario could implode if you didn't have nifty time travel powers. Like, poo poo can go so very wrong in so many ways that it actually ends up kind of hilarious. All it was missing was the Benny Hill theme playing the entire time.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Dragon Quest Heroes is the latest in the long line of Dynasty Warriors spin off series, and it's probably already my favourite one after Hyrule Warriors, because, unlike Hyrule Warriors which could have been a Zelda mod for a Musou game, Dragon Quest Heroes is a Dragon Quest game first, with the Musou combat mixed in.

That said, nothing is funnier than being on a battlefield with dozens of Slimes and other DQ style cutsey monsters all trying to kill you, many people I suspect will find things like only being able to change your party at the Inn or being able to only save at a Church is clunky but, that's just the Dragon Quest way. :v:

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

:allears: I did not know this was a thing

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Back with some more hot fresh Dangan Ronpa 2 details that I love. Everything about this is going to be spoilery as gently caress for Chapters 4 and 5 of the game, if you haven't hit those yet and want to avoid spoilers.

So Nagito Komaeda is a character with the "talent" of Ultimate Luck. He's lucky as poo poo and coasts on that luck helping him to accomplish his goals. In Chapter 4, he encounters a room-escape game that lets him play Russian Roulette for fabulous prizes. If he succeeds at a "higher difficulty" (more bullets in the gun) then he gets more prizes, which could be weapons for killing other students, or information on the students/island/game/etc. since all 16 students trapped on a kill-somebody-and-get-away-with-it-or-never-leave island are amnesiacs (of the last few years of their life, at least.)

Nagito does this with five bullets and, thanks to his luck, succeeds. He coasts on by, gets some relevant information and takes a few weapons, Chapter 4 finishes and things move on.

In Chapter 5, Nagito kills himself. He is an avid supporter of Hope, and wants Hope to spring eternal, meaning he wants to also eradicate everybody hoping to bring Despair, which is just the game's fancy way of saying "Nagito wants to keep hope alive in the face of an organization called Despair that is intent on killing everybody talented" but regardless, Nagito is all about that Hope. With the information he gets after winning the 1/6th chance Russian Roulette, he decides to kill everyone. Apparently everybody else is in some way involved with the "Despair" organization, but they can't remember it due to the gap in their memories. Nagito does this in the most brilliantly showy way possible: He makes it look like he killed himself by purposefully mutilating his own body with stab wounds and slashes, tosses a spear-on-a-chain over a rafter in a warehouse, ties up all four of his limbs, then lets go of the chain so the spear stabs himself through the heart. He also has a rube-goldberg lineup of cardboard cutouts which start a fire by where his body is. All the other characters find his body, accidentally start the fire, then put the fire out with fire grenades. Problem being: One of those grenades had poison in it that Nagito poured in. To kill himself, but make one of the other characters technically the murderer.

In Dangan Ronpa, after somebody is killed and an investigation is held, a trial happens. During that trial, you have to figure out who is the murderer. If everybody picks wrong, everybody dies except the murderer. Nagito killed himself in the most elaborate way possible to make it look like he tried to hide his suicide as a murder, which would make everybody vote that Nagito killed himself, which would be wrong. Then everyone would die, and Despair would be successfully exterminated. In reality, Nagito disguised his murder with a suicide disguised as a murder. That's already batshit enough. The best part though, is if the characters sussed out Nagito's plan, Nagito had a failsafe: The killer was the person who threw a Fire Grenade filled with poison, but nobody would be able to tell if they threw it or not. The characters decide to vote based on the fact that Nagito has, up til this point, been vehemently trying to discover the identity of the traitor amongst them, going so far as to create a bomb scare to make them come forward. The traitor reveals themself as this point, and all 5 characters vote for the 6th person, the traitor, assuming Nagito is using this elaborate murder as a means to abuse his Luck ability, hoping that the traitor would be the lucky person to unknowingly throw the poison grenade. They guess correctly, and the traitor gets executed.

Except, as said, Nagito was actually trying to kill them all, not oust the traitor. So Nagito banked on the rest of the 6 kids only having a 1/6 chance of living. Nagito played that drat Russian Roulette game again, with everybody else having a 5/6 probability of dying, and he lost. Everybody except the traitor, who is actually on Nagito's side at this point, lives. So not only did the kids luck out on picking the correct killer, Nagito got double-screwed by having who was probably the one person of the six he wanted to save be the murderer. 1/6 and 1/6 chance for both those things happening.

So the Ultimate Luck-Haver dies and has all his plans foiled by pure, dumb loving luck. :allears:

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

The main storyline writing in Guild Wars 2 is terrible, but the incidental dialogue team deserves an award for their work. Everywhere you go, there's these pointless little conversations between NPCs that are fully voice acted. They serve absolutely no mechanical purpose beyond being kind of entertaining, but they're really good at making the world feel alive when the devs could have just copped out and filled towns with a bunch of generic NPCs who say nothing.

Even when major changes take place (like a whole town getting destroyed and rebuilt) the writers dutifully come up with new dialogue for dozens of NPCs and have them all recorded and voice acted. It's really charming and is one of the things that makes GW2 an engaging game to play.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

death .cab for qt posted:

Back with some more hot fresh Dangan Ronpa 2 details that I love. Everything about this is going to be spoilery as gently caress for Chapters 4 and 5 of the game, if you haven't hit those yet and want to avoid spoilers.

So Nagito Komaeda is a character with the "talent" of Ultimate Luck. He's lucky as poo poo and coasts on that luck helping him to accomplish his goals. In Chapter 4, he encounters a room-escape game that lets him play Russian Roulette for fabulous prizes. If he succeeds at a "higher difficulty" (more bullets in the gun) then he gets more prizes, which could be weapons for killing other students, or information on the students/island/game/etc. since all 16 students trapped on a kill-somebody-and-get-away-with-it-or-never-leave island are amnesiacs (of the last few years of their life, at least.)

Nagito does this with five bullets and, thanks to his luck, succeeds. He coasts on by, gets some relevant information and takes a few weapons, Chapter 4 finishes and things move on.

In Chapter 5, Nagito kills himself. He is an avid supporter of Hope, and wants Hope to spring eternal, meaning he wants to also eradicate everybody hoping to bring Despair, which is just the game's fancy way of saying "Nagito wants to keep hope alive in the face of an organization called Despair that is intent on killing everybody talented" but regardless, Nagito is all about that Hope. With the information he gets after winning the 1/6th chance Russian Roulette, he decides to kill everyone. Apparently everybody else is in some way involved with the "Despair" organization, but they can't remember it due to the gap in their memories. Nagito does this in the most brilliantly showy way possible: He makes it look like he killed himself by purposefully mutilating his own body with stab wounds and slashes, tosses a spear-on-a-chain over a rafter in a warehouse, ties up all four of his limbs, then lets go of the chain so the spear stabs himself through the heart. He also has a rube-goldberg lineup of cardboard cutouts which start a fire by where his body is. All the other characters find his body, accidentally start the fire, then put the fire out with fire grenades. Problem being: One of those grenades had poison in it that Nagito poured in. To kill himself, but make one of the other characters technically the murderer.

In Dangan Ronpa, after somebody is killed and an investigation is held, a trial happens. During that trial, you have to figure out who is the murderer. If everybody picks wrong, everybody dies except the murderer. Nagito killed himself in the most elaborate way possible to make it look like he tried to hide his suicide as a murder, which would make everybody vote that Nagito killed himself, which would be wrong. Then everyone would die, and Despair would be successfully exterminated. In reality, Nagito disguised his murder with a suicide disguised as a murder. That's already batshit enough. The best part though, is if the characters sussed out Nagito's plan, Nagito had a failsafe: The killer was the person who threw a Fire Grenade filled with poison, but nobody would be able to tell if they threw it or not. The characters decide to vote based on the fact that Nagito has, up til this point, been vehemently trying to discover the identity of the traitor amongst them, going so far as to create a bomb scare to make them come forward. The traitor reveals themself as this point, and all 5 characters vote for the 6th person, the traitor, assuming Nagito is using this elaborate murder as a means to abuse his Luck ability, hoping that the traitor would be the lucky person to unknowingly throw the poison grenade. They guess correctly, and the traitor gets executed.

Except, as said, Nagito was actually trying to kill them all, not oust the traitor. So Nagito banked on the rest of the 6 kids only having a 1/6 chance of living. Nagito played that drat Russian Roulette game again, with everybody else having a 5/6 probability of dying, and he lost. Everybody except the traitor, who is actually on Nagito's side at this point, lives. So not only did the kids luck out on picking the correct killer, Nagito got double-screwed by having who was probably the one person of the six he wanted to save be the murderer. 1/6 and 1/6 chance for both those things happening.

So the Ultimate Luck-Haver dies and has all his plans foiled by pure, dumb loving luck. :allears:

this is the most insanely anime thing I've ever read.

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Their flashing tongues, spitting out blood and poison.
Fun Shoe
I just started playing Wasteland 2 since it came out on consoles. It perfectly hits the old-school sweet spot of old RPG's, complete with complicated skill trees, useless perks, tactics, and goofy humor. So far I walked out of the base, and got a distress call from two camps. One is being attacked by the plants they were growing, the other by raiders. You are clearly told you cant help both. one location makes food for the area, the other produces clean water.
I go for the raiders, and as you progress through the mission you keep getting radio calls from the poor mutant plant people culminating in themtelling you not to come anymore, everyone is dead and the radio room is about to be overrun.
Its nice to have a hard choice that's "save the food or water, you cant do both" instead of the usual "blow up a crate of puppies or save a schoolhouse on fire, you cant do both."

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
Insurgency is a multiplayer tactical FPS I've been playing a lot of lately, and it has a few cool little features I enjoy.

First of all, it's entirely "hardcore", you will die from 1 or 2 shots to the chest. I personally prefer my online shooter games to be like that. I get why people don't though.

Second, it has a fairly well fleshed out co-op series of gametypes with a nice variety of maps. The bots are okay, and can react to gunfire, footsteps and will flank you, or wait patiently for an unaware group to pass before opening up on them. They're also decently accurate, but don't seem to have that "perfect eyesight" some games give the AI, smoke grenades are a viable way to break their line of sight and they will sometimes lay down suppressive fire on a position they know you're at.

Third, the communications from yourself and team-mates are really good. If you reload, your guy automatically calls out "Cover me, I'm dry" or something similar to let everyone know, call out if you're going to detonate C4 or throw a grenade "Throwing a grenade in there!" or "Popping smoke!" which really helps with immersion. But my favourite thing is when an enemy is suppressing you or a stray bullet impacts nearby, your guy gets a bit frantic with his voice with things like "Oh jesus gently caress" or "Ooh nonono" if you're in a firefight and run out of ammo. It makes it more immersive by way of your guy exclaiming pretty much what you were thinking.

Also when you are at an objective you'll get an announcement over the radio saying soming like "We've got friendly guys on Bravo, we're taking it" or "Whoa hold up, there is an enemy counter attack incoming, dig in!"

Recently I was playing a co-op match and the entire team got killed, leaving one guy to capture a point. (when this happens the remaining player gets "Last Man Standing" and the radio voice lets them know "You're all that's left, bug out or get it done!" or something similar) He did so, but then the point needed to be defended against a counter attack. Friendly players only respawn upon the completion of an objective, so he had to hold off waves of enemies alone for 45 seconds.

He managed it, and as we all respawned the radio voice goes "Haha whoa, I was sure he was gonna get killed!"

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

malal posted:

I just started playing Wasteland 2 since it came out on consoles. It perfectly hits the old-school sweet spot of old RPG's, complete with complicated skill trees, useless perks, tactics, and goofy humor. So far I walked out of the base, and got a distress call from two camps. One is being attacked by the plants they were growing, the other by raiders. You are clearly told you cant help both. one location makes food for the area, the other produces clean water.
I go for the raiders, and as you progress through the mission you keep getting radio calls from the poor mutant plant people culminating in themtelling you not to come anymore, everyone is dead and the radio room is about to be overrun.
Its nice to have a hard choice that's "save the food or water, you cant do both" instead of the usual "blow up a crate of puppies or save a schoolhouse on fire, you cant do both."

I had played the original version for a bit but dropped it once DC was announced. I picked it up again now that it came out and picked AG Center instead of Highpool this time around and it's pretty cool to see how completely different going through the place is. There's a whole bunch of cool and weird people in there and I met almost none of them in my first playthrough because things went real south while I was elsewhere.

Incidentally if you do AG Center first, the last you call get from Highpool is a raider woman going something along the lines of "This place belongs to us now motherfuckers! Smash this radio, TIME TO PARTY!!" which was at least less depressing than "Everybody's been devoured by mutant plants." Plus the NPC recruit you get from there is a semi-crazy 67-year-old scientist lady with a mechanical arm (and 10 Intelligence!) which is way rad.

On a more topical note my favorite little easter egg from Wasteland 2 (which takes place in post-apocalyptic Arizona) is this hidden item cache you can find in the desert:

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Anatharon posted:

Undertale:

You encounter Lesser Dog!

>>Actions
>Check
*Pet
*Pet
*Pet
*Pet
*Pet

This.
$ They think you are a lost puppy
$ You pet them
$ !!A dog can pet another dog!! Minds blown

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Their flashing tongues, spitting out blood and poison.
Fun Shoe

Kanfy posted:

I had played the original version for a bit but dropped it once DC was announced. I picked it up again now that it came out and picked AG Center instead of Highpool this time around and it's pretty cool to see how completely different going through the place is. There's a whole bunch of cool and weird people in there and I met almost none of them in my first playthrough because things went real south while I was elsewhere.

Incidentally if you do AG Center first, the last you call get from Highpool is a raider woman going something along the lines of "This place belongs to us now motherfuckers! Smash this radio, TIME TO PARTY!!" which was at least less depressing than "Everybody's been devoured by mutant plants." Plus the NPC recruit you get from there is a semi-crazy 67-year-old scientist lady with a mechanical arm (and 10 Intelligence!) which is way rad.

On a more topical note my favorite little easter egg from Wasteland 2 (which takes place in post-apocalyptic Arizona) is this hidden item cache you can find in the desert:

That's awesome, I'm really looking forward to multiple playings just because of little (and big) things like that. It looks like its got a decent tactical game under the hood too, so I'll crank up the difficulty after finishing it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Brain In A Jar posted:

The main storyline writing in Guild Wars 2 is terrible, but the incidental dialogue team deserves an award for their work. Everywhere you go, there's these pointless little conversations between NPCs that are fully voice acted. They serve absolutely no mechanical purpose beyond being kind of entertaining, but they're really good at making the world feel alive when the devs could have just copped out and filled towns with a bunch of generic NPCs who say nothing.

Even when major changes take place (like a whole town getting destroyed and rebuilt) the writers dutifully come up with new dialogue for dozens of NPCs and have them all recorded and voice acted. It's really charming and is one of the things that makes GW2 an engaging game to play.

That's because for some reason the lore team and the people who handled open world dialogue are entirely different, mostly people prefer the open world stuff as its a lot better written and more natural.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Nuebot posted:

This ventures into the other topic's territory, but I'm still kind of disappointed that like most moral choice games, there's no real neutral ending in Undertale. If you're neither a saint nor the most evil monster in the world, nothing loving happens. Here's your credits, bye.

Well, it's not "nothing", there's a phone call you get at the end that varies wildly based on things you did and which bosses you did or did not kill.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something I like about Uncharted 3 is Drake's notebook. You get hints for puzzles but then when you actually finish the puzzle if you go back and look at the notebook again you'll find it filled out with how he figured it out.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

The story in Crysis 3 is overwrought Michael Bay poo poo - "bro...you gotta fight harder bro!" "Yeah bro, we'll fight harder...TOGETHER!" - that kinda stuff. There is a neat little touch though. After Psycho gives you the dog tags he recovered from your squad in the original Crysis, they are wrapped around the grip of your cyber-bow.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

owl_pellet posted:

The story in Crysis 3 is overwrought Michael Bay poo poo - "bro...you gotta fight harder bro!" "Yeah bro, we'll fight harder...TOGETHER!" - that kinda stuff. There is a neat little touch though. After Psycho gives you the dog tags he recovered from your squad in the original Crysis, they are wrapped around the grip of your cyber-bow.

Crysis 3's story isn't that special, but damned if that game didn't try to do a decent job of bridging the gaping divide between Crysis 1 and 2's stories.

As a little thing, I loved that Crysis 3 gave you an actual functional Metal Storm weapon to seriously gently caress up enemies with. :allears:

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Esroc posted:

In Episode 4 of Life is Strange there's a section where you have to get a very long string of responses exactly right at every step or else poo poo goes sideways real quick. You can let it all turn sour and still achieve the objective, or you can keep rewinding the timestream until you figure out the proper responses to end things peacefully. It took so much time travel abuse to figure out the proper sequence but it ended up being worth it just to watch all the different ways the scenario could implode if you didn't have nifty time travel powers. Like, poo poo can go so very wrong in so many ways that it actually ends up kind of hilarious. All it was missing was the Benny Hill theme playing the entire time.

Which part are you referencing? The conversation with the bitchy frienemy? That's the only one that sticks out to me as being a long series of choices that has an obvious goal, but I didn't bother trying to game her responses. I figured that if she wasn't going to take my advice, she can get hosed. I stand by my decision. :colbert:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

LawfulWaffle posted:

Which part are you referencing? The conversation with the bitchy frienemy? That's the only one that sticks out to me as being a long series of choices that has an obvious goal, but I didn't bother trying to game her responses. I figured that if she wasn't going to take my advice, she can get hosed. I stand by my decision. :colbert:

I can't figure out if this was a serious response. :psyduck:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

LawfulWaffle posted:

Frank, I'm pretty sure

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Xoidanor posted:

I can't figure out if this was a serious response. :psyduck:

It is. I get the feeling like I'm forgetting something major. Maybe I should check a synopsis somewhere and see just how dumb I sound.

e: Oh, I see what I did. I forgot about the binder. And I still think that warning her about Nathan isn't necessarily the "right" answer since he's not the one who operates out of the dark room. We'll see soon enough, I guess.

LawfulWaffle has a new favorite as of 16:21 on Oct 20, 2015

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

muscles like this? posted:

Something I like about Uncharted 3 is Drake's notebook. You get hints for puzzles but then when you actually finish the puzzle if you go back and look at the notebook again you'll find it filled out with how he figured it out.

There is so much cool lore and funny little jokes inside that notebook, whoever was in charge of writing that stuff clearly had a ball.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

muscles like this? posted:

I really hope that the journal gets a comeback in the new game.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Mad Max is a game full of grizzled, short haired dudes with gravelly voices. Not a single one of them is voiced by Steven Blum and you have no idea how happy this makes me.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Playing Strider and thought this was quite clever.

An arrow shaped antenna that points to the next checkpoint. It's easy to miss and there's a minimap anyway so it isn't too useful but I was amused.

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~
Stolen from the PYF Dev Trolls Thread

I forgot how much I loved Earthworm Jim.

http://youtu.be/u0DagHVOapU

Honestly a bunch of those two games could be in here.

http://youtu.be/WOFJFCrH4YI

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In previous Assassin's Creed games where characters are speaking a language other than English they would throw in some flavor words for whatever language they were supposed to be speaking with the translation in parentheses. The new game is set in London so instead of a foreign language they do it for slang (also Scottish.)

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I keep coming back to Burnout Paradise because it's so damned fun in general, but one of the things that I like the most is the level of detail around the city, even in places where you can't drive/get to. Each building looks different, has different/unique signage, etc.

Going to be harder to play a much newer game (Euro Truck Simulator 2) that pretty much has solid blocks for most buildings.

Little Blue Couch
Oct 19, 2007

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER
Undertale owns a lot guys. You can avoid all combat by correctly dealing with the monsters that come your way, or you can do a Genocide Run, and poo poo gets weird real quick. A Genocide Run isn't just killing every monster you encounter, it's killing every monster you can possibly encounter. After "grinding" an area for awhile, encounters are replaced by a black screen, spooky ambient noise, and the phrase "But nobody came." If you choose to do this kind of run, the game changes pretty drastically before you even leave the first area, essentially a tutorial area. You can check Toriel's kitchen, where she has made you a delicious pie, and previously unassuming flavor text has been replaced by "Where are the knives." in bright red letters. Doing this sort of run permanently alters the game; like, even if you completely wipe your save, there are hints that characters remember what you did.

also you can go on a date in a garbage dump

Little Blue Couch has a new favorite as of 11:35 on Oct 25, 2015

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I bet no one has posted about The Phantom Pain yet, so check out this hot take. There is a really strong sniper rifle that can one-shot non-armoured vehicles and pretty much any soldier. The soldiers even get blown away with the force. I decided to snipe a soldier out of a guard tower because I thought it'd be funny but the sniper rifle actually blew the whole guard tower apart. I didn't even know they were destructible.

SnafuAl
Oct 20, 2010

VR! VR! VR!
BLOODY VR!

So my gaming group have been getting really into Warhammer: The End Times: Vermintide, basically Left 4 Dead with ratmen instead of infected.

One of the campaign missions involves traversing a wizard's tower to enlist his help in beating the rats. The tower has plenty of impossible spaces, clearly Escher-inspired areas and weird rooms that make it seem like you're elsewhere. One of these is different depending which of the five characters you play as:

• The soldier sees a country village
  • The witch hunter sees creepy ruins
  • The fire mage sees a forest village on fire
  • The wood elf sees a serene forest
  • The dwarf sees an underground chamber full of piles of treasure

It really sells the fact you're in the home of an illusionist fantastically.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
In Westerado if you kill enough bandits then eventually they'll recognize you as the guy who's been slaughtering all their friends and stop attacking you and instead beg you to leave them alone.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

EmmyOk posted:

I bet no one has posted about The Phantom Pain yet, so check out this hot take. There is a really strong sniper rifle that can one-shot non-armoured vehicles and pretty much any soldier. The soldiers even get blown away with the force. I decided to snipe a soldier out of a guard tower because I thought it'd be funny but the sniper rifle actually blew the whole guard tower apart. I didn't even know they were destructible.

It's a lot of fun seeing what can and can't make those towers topple. For example, you could drive a jeep at high speed through one!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

EmmyOk posted:

I assume you're talking about the Brennan and I love that thing. Here's a fun game with it. Line up as many soldiers as you can in a row, dudes on patrol are great for this. The destroy tank side ops are great because they usually have like four guys running around in a line. See how many you can take out with one shot because the penetration on that gun is ridiculous. My favorite little thing are the bullets in that gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Nuebot posted:

I assume you're talking about the Brennan and I love that thing. Here's a fun game with it. Line up as many soldiers as you can in a row, dudes on patrol are great for this. The destroy tank side ops are great because they usually have like four guys running around in a line. See how many you can take out with one shot because the penetration on that gun is ridiculous. My favorite little thing are the bullets in that gun.

Yeah that's the one! It can also crush choppers in 2 or 3 shots, I love it! Pretty excited to use the automatic version and the version 2 grades up!

Haha I will have to see what else I can tower topple with!