Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I was about to make a photoshop of Barkley 2 downloading from my humble bundle page complete with multiple eye-popping grandmas, but turns out it's not even on the list anymore :shrug: :shrug:

*Ah I see they moved it to a separate "purchases made" type page now.

Mercury_Storm fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Oct 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Gortarius posted:

Hey guys, just making a quick post from here, at the Bahamas.

I just wanted to say that the weather is nice and I love these Mojitos. Thanks for the money, idiots.

Hahahahahaha.

Maybe post some beach pics as backer rewards. At least a shot of your Mojito?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i cry myself to sleep every night because this game isn't out.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

On that day, we will all be truck pump.

second kickstarter to raise funds to replace every poster in this thread's av with gas pumps and keep it that way for at least 6 months

captain innocuous
Apr 7, 2009
The game is already finished, they just need to fill dwarfnet up with a few more posts from this thread.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Ahaha, imagine if dwarfnet has a thread for gun's and zaubers. Each post could have a fifty-fifty chance of either being a pre-written idea or a randomly generated idea (a simple example: "a gun that shoots %PLURALNOUN%").

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

BiggerJ posted:

Ahaha, imagine if dwarfnet has a thread for gun's and zaubers. Each post could have a fifty-fifty chance of either being a pre-written idea or a randomly generated idea (a simple example: "a gun that shoots %PLURALNOUN%").

don't forget the 1% chance of some moron who hasn't found it yet posting an idea for a gun that's actually in the game

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

SeXReX posted:

don't forget the 1% chance of some moron who hasn't found it yet posting an idea for a gun that's actually in the game

A bunch of the gun ideas had similar effects already in game though.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

A bunch of the gun ideas had similar effects already in game though.

There is nothing new under the gun.

Edit: Calling it now: Barkley 2 is to gun's what Barkley 1 is to b-ball. In Barkley 3 gun's will take a back seat to the third and final thing.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Baloogan posted:

I kinda skimmed this thread, you know where I mentioned "some fag runs off with them laughing at you"

This guy is the fag who is laughing at you.

pack it up barkleyailures

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Been working on this really annoying minigame for the past week. It's one of the first things the game points you to and since it is just pure agony it's probably where over half of the (6) players will stop playing and uninstall the game at.

Anyways, that thing is now more or less done so I'm thinking I should go back to add some filler to Dwarfnet and I think this topic thinly veiled as something else might do it.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Gortarius posted:

Been working on this really annoying minigame for the past week. It's one of the first things the game points you to and since it is just pure agony it's probably where over half of the (6) players will stop playing and uninstall the game at.

Anyways, that thing is now more or less done so I'm thinking I should go back to add some filler to Dwarfnet and I think this topic thinly veiled as something else might do it.

When you copy our gun's suggestions, what will you replace 'gun', 'gun's' and 'bullets' with?

Also, can we please design more lovely forum avatars for Dwarfnet?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

BiggerJ posted:

When you copy our gun's suggestions, what will you replace 'gun', 'gun's' and 'bullets' with?

Also, can we please design more lovely forum avatars for Dwarfnet?

Anime, manga, figurines

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
My posts in this thread are public domain.

(unless I quoted someone else, I can't PD those parts)

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Can we have some posts from users desperately trying to fellate the developers of not-barkley in a passive aggressive crypto-ironic fahsion because they think getting an unattributed quote in a vidcon is the only way they can break into the industry and feel like they have any ability whatsoever to effect the crushing inertia of a movement that moved past them years to decades ago?

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Claim: Barkley 2 is a scam and/or ponzi scheme!

Rebuttal: As far as I can tell, Barkley 2 generally being a scam relies on a series of allegations for which there was never any evidence given. Other than the alleged words of anonymous ex-employees. This makes it difficult to refute anything because there is not anything presented to refute. A ponzi scheme is where you get new investors to pay the returns of old investors and skim the rest to yourself, instead of you know actually investing the money in a project like ToG does. Barkley 2 is simply crowdfunding, old backers got some minor perks but otherwise will receive the same game as new backers. The money undoubtly being invested in the game development: In 2015 ToG has 4 studios and over 250 developers and contractors working on Barkley 2.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I would like ToG to sell us exclusive images of jerseys that we will have in game once the game is released.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

kikkelivelho posted:

Claim: Barkley 2 is a scam and/or ponzi scheme!

Rebuttal: As far as I can tell, Barkley 2 generally being a scam relies on a series of allegations for which there was never any evidence given. Other than the alleged words of anonymous ex-employees. This makes it difficult to refute anything because there is not anything presented to refute. A ponzi scheme is where you get new investors to pay the returns of old investors and skim the rest to yourself, instead of you know actually investing the money in a project like ToG does. Barkley 2 is simply crowdfunding, old backers got some minor perks but otherwise will receive the same game as new backers. The money undoubtly being invested in the game development: In 2015 ToG has 4 studios and over 250 developers and contractors working on Barkley 2.

I get we're being ironic here but comparing Barkley to Star Citizen is going too far

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

NmareBfly posted:

Can we have some posts from users desperately trying to fellate the developers of not-barkley in a passive aggressive crypto-ironic fahsion because they think getting an unattributed quote in a vidcon is the only way they can break into the industry and feel like they have any ability whatsoever to effect the crushing inertia of a movement that moved past them years to decades ago?

Heh, nice uh, nice ironic post you've got there...

:negative:

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

NmareBfly posted:

lol look at this fuckin post

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

When is the next plinkett review

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Claim: Barkley 2 can't be made/The technology isnīt there!

rebuttal: Creating things that werenīt there before, seems like the very definition of development. Also it is often impossible to know that something cannot actually be done until you try it. Basically this argument boils down to the question if a developer should take risks and make something new or keep on doing the same thing like everybody else. Ironically Barkley: shut up and jam gaiden would not have existed if cBoyardee did the latter.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

piplup

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

NmareBfly posted:

Hmm... I think I'll save in slot number 2 today.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Make the game be beatable in a pacifist run, and make the game call you a horrible monster who burn go to hell if you kill anyone.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Make the game be beatable in a pacifist run, and make the game call you a horrible monster who burn go to hell if you kill anyone.

agreed, but replace "beatable" with "not beatable"

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I was just about to make some anime avatars for dwarfnet yesterday but then I didn't. I'll make some today, maybe make some lovely video if I'm feeling fancy.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Most of the game you can go through as a pacifist already but then there is a bunch of instances where we'd need to add in some alternative method to progress, like putting stamina bars on bosses or some poo poo like that.

AnonSpore posted:

I get we're being ironic here but comparing Barkley to Star Citizen is going too far

It is a very accurate comparison. Both are scams made by stupid idiots who don't know what they are doing. Barkley 2 being the bigger offender of the two.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Gortarius posted:

I was just about to make some anime avatars for dwarfnet yesterday but then I didn't. I'll make some today, maybe make some lovely video if I'm feeling fancy.

Why won't you just let us plop out some lovely 88x104 (44x52 doublesized) monstrosities (specifically, plop them out into the public domain so we can't demand royalties later)?

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
isbarkley2outyet.com?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

BiggerJ posted:

Why won't you just let us plop out some lovely 88x104 (44x52 doublesized) monstrosities (specifically, plop them out into the public domain so we can't demand royalties later)?

I mean, you could I suppose, but then I'd have to clear that with the producer since ther might be some sort of unforeseen problem with that.

It would change this thread from gun's-suggestion's into a stream of funnypic.png, so no loss there, heh.

Vax posted:

isbarkley2outyet.com?

No. Come back in 2023 and you shall have it.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

I've noticed that while you've made the Vidcon Pack available again (which you've previously said was impossible because of all the people involved in the games in it), it can only be gotten by buying the True Doom Murder Edition, which costs $60 (as opposed to the $10 and $25 editions). Is the price

A: Necessary to pay off all the people behind the games in the Vidcon Pack
B: A piece of comedic performance art involving the transfer of ridiculous amoutns of money to you
C: For some other wacky reason
D: CORPORATE ATTITUDE

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 21, 2015

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Problem with public contributions is that someone will inevitably contribute a green sonic or blue pikatchu or a similarly original character.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

BiggerJ posted:

I've noticed that while you've made the Vidcon Pack available again (which you've previously said was impossible because of all the people involved in the games in it), it can only be gotten by buying the True Doom Murder Edition, which costs $60 (as opposed to the $10 and $25 editions). Is the price

A: Necessary to play off all the people behind the games in the Vidcon Pack
B: A piece of comedic performance art involving the transform of ridiculous amoutns of money to you
C: For some other wacky reason
D: CORPORATE ATTITUDE

I don't know, I thought that collection of garbage was just something we used to trick people into giving more money to us and the only way to get it was through kickstarter.

I'm guessing option D.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Anonymous Robot posted:

lol look at this fuckin post

its pretty spot on

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gortarius posted:

I don't know, I thought that collection of garbage was just something we used to trick people into giving more money to us and the only way to get it was through kickstarter.

I'm guessing option D.
If it makes you feel worse, that's exactly why I backed.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

is this thread frog fractions 2

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

quakster posted:

If it makes you feel worse, that's exactly why I backed.

I don't have any feelings. I'm a gamer psycho mercenary.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Go to bed

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Gortarius posted:

Most of the game you can go through as a pacifist already but then there is a bunch of instances where we'd need to add in some alternative method to progress, like putting stamina bars on bosses or some poo poo like that.
do it imo, people lap that poo poo up and you'll automatically get a bunch of purchases from weirdos who love any game you can play non-lethally for LPs or challenge runs or whatever it is kids do these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Gortarius posted:

I was just about to make some anime avatars for dwarfnet yesterday but then I didn't.

BUTTERWORBS posted:

game looks g reat cant wait for the late 2013 release