Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
21c is a buy in this chaos, though you might want to flip them.

FWIW I'm not selling on yet another anonymous source.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I'm just hopping it goes down to the teens so I can buy some sweet, sweet profit.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Hillary must just totally loathe Biden at this point. Like, voodoo-doll levels of loathing.

Aliquid posted:

There is no way I'm selling at all-time lows.

Yeah, even if you're ready to jump out the market it's crazy right now, give it some time to cool down.

Also, if anyone wants to feel better about their luck: I bought more NO shares today when they were selling at 39 cents an hour before the media blitz. :(

I want to work for CNN so I can make a killing just from tweeting about what my sources (or "sources") tell me.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
If Biden runs I'll never be able to make political predictions again, but if he doesn't I'll become incredibly powerful.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Looks like the market halted it's decline on anonymous sources pushing back on the 48 hour timeline of other anonymous sources.

HisMajestyBOB
Oct 21, 2010

College Slice
If my Biden NO and Biden Poll bets pay off, I'll buy his book.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Aliquid posted:

There is no way I'm selling at all-time lows.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

More like:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Woke up to Biden being down a bunch so I bought more :)

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

If you're going to sell off at a loss you don't do it in the middle of the market freak out as prices are on an unbraked slide. The market is going to rebound at least a little bit after the immediate OH poo poo reaction, more the longer that 48 hour window gets pushed.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Gyges posted:

If you're going to sell off at a loss you don't do it in the middle of the market freak out as prices are on an unbraked slide. The market is going to rebound at least a little bit after the immediate OH poo poo reaction, more the longer that 48 hour window gets pushed.

That's assuming this follows the usual pattern. A burst of activity and then silence. If it's the start of a roll-out, the slide will continue.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Considering the "caution on the 48 hour timeline" reports there is definitely going to be an upswing at some point. It doesn't take much for the market to freak out.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

nachos posted:

Considering the "caution on the 48 hour timeline" reports there is definitely going to be an upswing at some point. It doesn't take much for the market to freak out.

Sure, again that assumes "48 hour timeline" is the last we hear in the next 48 hours. Tomorrow, you could have a specific time and day for an event/press conference (even if it's outside the 48 hour window) and that'll be the end of your no shares. If you think Biden is going to run (and it seems fairly clear he is) you're really gambling on the news cycle by waiting. Holding is at least just as risky as selling.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
If he runs, it'll be easy to recoup your money at least by buying in on the NO dive in the Biden nomination market.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Biden's sitting in an office somewhere putting golf balls around laughing his rear end off and calling an intern in every time he makes a sick shot to give them a fresh new rumor

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

I do believe there's an outside chance Biden is crazy enough to do something stupid like run, so I'm not gonna put in anymore money. But when he doesn't run I'm gonna feel really bad about missing out on a quintupling up event.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

quote:

Vice President Joe Biden is still weighing a decision on running for president, and isn't expected to make an announcement before the end of the week, people close to him said.

That timing would put the decision just before a major Democratic political dinner next weekend in Iowa, where organizers said the vice president can be accommodated there at the last minute should he jump into the race.

As of Monday morning, Biden had not decided whether to run, said one person familiar with his plans, who spoke on condition of anonymity to tamp down expectations amid reports his announcement is imminent.
Another person familiar with the vice president's planning, who also spoke on condition of anonymity, said that if Biden decides in the next couple of days he is likely to share it first privately, with family, close friends, and a small circle of staff and supporters.

Tamp it down guys

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

nachos posted:

Tamp it down guys

*Biden sinks this really sick chip shot where he banks golf ball off of the side of a book case* JESSICA! I'VE GOT ANOTHER ONE FOR EM

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Got more No at 21c, let chaos blossom.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

this is so, so silly.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

A Time To Chill posted:

I do believe there's an outside chance Biden is crazy enough to do something stupid like run, so I'm not gonna put in anymore money. But when he doesn't run I'm gonna feel really bad about missing out on a quintupling up event.

I've been in that exact same situation twice before, both times I regretted not betting more. Going hog wild this time.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

@jonkarl
A person involved in @JoeBiden deliberations tells me he “has not reached an actual decision and therefore there is no announcement coming”

Regretting flipping some of those 20c shares I bought earlier for 30c :smith:

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
*Biden putts a ball off the top of his desk. The ball bounces off a tennis racket and into an empty jazz cup* ALRIGHT JESS TWEET OUT THE LATEST ONE

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

holy gently caress this swing

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
lol its already back at 40c for NO

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

I really need to program something that will automatically notify me of ongoing swings because I have actual things to do that don't involve refreshing this utterly ridiculous market every five minutes.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Ugh I wish I could choose which shares to unload, I'd sell some of my 25 for 40 just to make a profit, but it goes on which shares you bought first so my 54 centers are still holding me back.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

pathetic little tramp posted:

Ugh I wish I could choose which shares to unload, I'd sell some of my 25 for 40 just to make a profit, but it goes on which shares you bought first so my 54 centers are still holding me back.

Yeah this is my problem too :( I should have offloaded them when it was at 70c after the debate.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

pathetic little tramp posted:

It's the average that matters, IMO. Shares are fungible except for the 10% take on profit. Getting to sell at a loss first and not pay that 10% is actually a boon

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

seems like a good rule of thumb fr playing the swings in this market is to buy shares when they're < $.35 and sell your shares when they're > $.65.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Yeah you always want to sell at a loss of possible. This goes for normal stocks as well

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

It's the average that matters, IMO.

Yeah, at the end of the day, shares are shares.

Abel Wingnut posted:

seems like a good rule of thumb fr playing the swings in this market is to buy shares when they're < $.35 and sell your shares when they're > $.65.

The market's sufficiently loaded with heavily polarized players that I put it at more like buy when < $.30 and sell when > $.60, but potato, potahto.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

At one point I was down $32 today, just capped this:

:v:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Vox Nihili posted:

Got more No at 21c, let chaos blossom.

I feel real dumb because I jumped in on the brief rebound, so I bought a bunch at 26 only to see the price going back down as I went to lunch. Oh well, still a nice price when this market is going to be back in the 40s by Friday.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Aliquid posted:

At one point I was down $32 today, just capped this:

:v:

That's all? I'm sitting pretty at over 1400 Biden shares right now.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer has issued a correction as of 01:50 on Jan 23, 2016

A Time To Chill
Feb 26, 2007

Okay so I realized I could afford to put more money in. I want to buy more Biden NO shares. Should I wait and hope they dip near 20 again, or buy now at 32?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

A Time To Chill posted:

Okay so I realized I could afford to put more money in. I want to buy more Biden NO shares. Should I wait and hope they dip near 20 again, or buy now at 32?

It already slid into the 20's. I would wait for another panic spike, people are moving those big stacks around constantly.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Hold on let me butt dial CNN and impersonate Joe Biden saying "Man I can't wait to announce I'm running for president, wait is this on poo poo"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

A Time To Chill posted:

There will be spikes in 2 days and then Friday/Saturday leading up to the Jeferson-Jackson dinner assuming no new news. Regardless the price is still bouncing around from today's announcement, so if you want just put in a buy order in the 20s.

It's also likely that the market is going to be unstable as gently caress as we're in the last week or so of any quasi-reasonable announcement that Biden is in. Draft Biden and other have been pushing for Biden to get in and have been working to set the stage. Now is when we find out if they've just been trying to get Joe to jump in, or if it's all been a masterful orchestration by Joe. All of us in this thread, whether we have money on yes or no, are on the precipice of both disaster and windfall.

• Locked thread