Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Two questions:

1) Is it normal for two Pseudogiants to spawn outside the Monolith spawn point (as in, right on the street) and on the road outside the Bandit "base" (Sultan seems to be the only one here).
2) How can I make it so every playable character uses the same profile picture the Duty player uses regardless of your faction? I like some of them (like the Clear Sky one or the Bandit one) but goddamn some of them are ugly as gently caress (I also really like the mask design the Duty player uses).

FirstPersonShitter posted:

is there a changelog for the new version of CoC?

http://pastebin.com/k3LE35uU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Vorenus posted:

gently caress off to the Misery team.

knowledge

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Azran posted:

Two questions:

1) Is it normal for two Pseudogiants to spawn outside the Monolith spawn point (as in, right on the street) and on the road outside the Bandit "base" (Sultan seems to be the only one here).
2) How can I make it so every playable character uses the same profile picture the Duty player uses regardless of your faction? I like some of them (like the Clear Sky one or the Bandit one) but goddamn some of them are ugly as gently caress (I also really like the mask design the Duty player uses).

http://pastebin.com/k3LE35uU

Awesome, thanks!

One thing that's weird and that they haven't fixed is adding the merc_exo_outfit to inventory_upgrades.ltx and adding the suit itself for sale to the merc trader. It's got its own first person hands and it works totally fine with an icon and description and everything, it's just not properly in the game.

edit: did anyone ever make a mod to make misery 2.0 any good? I remember really liking the original misery, but then the second version came out and it was all bullet spongey and had a bunch of weird theories about content gating based on your gear, and it was dumb as hell.

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Oct 19, 2015

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Is there anywhere I can buy gauss rifle ammo? I took one off a Monolith squad that invated Army Warehouses.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois
I'm dumb and missed the faction wars implementation for CoC when I was digging through the thread....can anyone hit me a link?

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
Installed CoC. Rolled Loner. Walked out of Rookie Village. Was immediately set upon by two Fractures, some Flesh and a loudass cat. Wasted all my ammo like a dumbshit. Ran away. Wound up by the Mill, where a huge firefight was going on between Bandits and the Military. Pistol-popped a bandit who'd wandered too far from the crowd. Stole his shotgun. Crept carefully through the ruins looting corpses. Bumped into two bandits. Shotgunned them in the face and ran away. Met a Freedom dude who'd just got done wasting Boar. Tried to field dress them. Immediately attacked by Bloodsuckers. Managed to shotgun one in the face and run away. Hid behind a tree. Dude popped out from behind tree. Shotgunned him in the face. Looted some loving landmines off his corpse. Dude must have been Military, because a helicopter started shooting at me with a minigun. Ran away. Got back to the Rookie Village. Sold landmines to Sidorovich for ammo. In-game time? 11:00.

Such is life in the Zone.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Ddraig posted:

Weird. Try opening up axr_options.ini and see if "enable_unlock_simulation" is present.

I've just tried it on my installation and it works fine.

I'm at the Cordon here, and there's squads active all the way in the CNPP.

I figured out the problem, I had a deactivate instead of an activate, I guess. Works fine now.

Minarchist posted:

I'm dumb and missed the faction wars implementation for CoC when I was digging through the thread....can anyone hit me a link?

https://mega.nz/#!ZsxUVKwA!u7_nm5qRUYIWnpK34WmOVN_ER9_ecpjs9aLb59mErA0

If you have Ddraig's mod installed don't copy over _g.script.

Also I guess Sidorivich might not be present for some reason I can't figure out. He's the only trader to straight up vanish, so if you care about that and don't mind the rookie village being unconquerable delete esc_2_12_stalker_trader.ltx.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

How do I go about adding a new item into the game? The Zone lacks cat steak.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Missing Name posted:

How do I go about adding a new item into the game? The Zone lacks cat steak.

Fairly simple. To add a cat steak, you'd need to open the mutant parts config. This is items.ltx

The easiest way to do this is to make it an item with inherited values from another mutant part. Let's use the boar steak as an example.

This has the values of:

code:
[mutant_part_boar_chop]:mutant_part_general_meat
$spawn                                   = "devices\monster_items\mutant_boar_chop"
visual                                   = dynamics\zpf\raw_boar.ogf
inv_weight                               = 0.389
inv_name                                 = mutant_boar_chop
inv_name_short                           = mutant_boar_chop
description                              = mutant_boar_chop_description
inv_grid_x                               = 11	                                       ;17
inv_grid_y                               = 2	                                       ;26
cost                                     = 50

eat_satiety                              = 0.497
eat_radiation                            = 0.367
eat_sleepiness                           = 0.0238
eat_health                               = -0.092
If we want to make a cat steak, you would create a new section called:

code:
[mutant_part_cat_steak]:mutant_part_boar_chop
Right now this is identical to the boar chop. So under this new item section, choose new values such as inv_name, etc.

Anything you don't specify as different will be identical to the boar chop.

Once you're happy with this, you can then add it to the mutant drops. This is plugins\itms_manager.ltx

You should see this:

code:
[cat]
mutant_part_cat_tail, 1, 0.66
To this, add

code:
mutant_part_cat_steak, 1, 0.70
This will allow cats to drop 1 steak per cat, with a 70% chance.

To give the steak a proper description, you can use st_items_mutant_parts.xml in configs/text/eng

Editing icons is a bit more advanced. I'm not sure if you want to go that far, though.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
Are there any vendors who stock the Bulat suit in CoC?

baromodo
Nov 14, 2012

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

Shotgunned him in the face. Looted some loving landmines off his corpse. Dude must have been Military, because a helicopter started shooting at me with a minigun.

Faction omniscience in games has always irritated me. I mean if someone was around to see me pop one of their buddies and lived to tell the tale or radio for help with my description/location, that's one thing.

I wonder if that can be fixed.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

baromodo posted:

Faction omniscience in games has always irritated me. I mean if someone was around to see me pop one of their buddies and lived to tell the tale or radio for help with my description/location, that's one thing.

I wonder if that can be fixed.

This is actually how it works. Each military unit has a commander. The commander is the only one that can call in a helicopter, and only if they manage to actually physically get somewhere to radio in.

If you identify the commanders in each squad and take them out first, they won't call in helicopters, and helicopters that are there won't really focus on you.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Out of curiosity, what's a loner supposed to do with so many goddamn choppers flying around?

Also, is there any other suit with full gloves besides the Exosuits and the Monolith default suit?

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Azran posted:

Out of curiosity, what's a loner supposed to do with so many goddamn choppers flying around?

Also, is there any other suit with full gloves besides the Exosuits and the Monolith default suit?

If you mean gloves that aren't fingerless, the Bandit's Merc Suit have these gray-ish knit gloves.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Ddraig posted:

Weird. Try opening up axr_options.ini and see if "enable_unlock_simulation" is present.

I've just tried it on my installation and it works fine.

I'm at the Cordon here, and there's squads active all the way in the CNPP.

I installed it, but I can't find the axr_options.ini file anywhere. My pda doesn't look anything like yours, but the traders are off doing their own thing and return to base eventually.

Also wait is there supposed to be a button to check to activate the faction war sim in the menus? I'm lost on this one hard.

Minarchist fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Oct 20, 2015

sea of losers
Jun 6, 2007

miy mwoiultlh tbreaptpreude ifno srteavtiecr more

dang it

sea of losers
Jun 6, 2007

miy mwoiultlh tbreaptpreude ifno srteavtiecr more

Azran posted:

if you go up north and kill monolith members for a while, they should eventually drop a gauss rifle. one of those can destroy a helicopter in like 8-10 shots. i've tried using the rocket launcher but the RPG moves wayyy too slow to reliably hit them

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

EvanSchenck posted:

Are there any vendors who stock the Bulat suit in CoC?

I wound up buying the PSZ-9d off of the duty boss. Fully upgraded, it pretty much owns. Amazing bullet and impact protection, and with a 70kg carry weight and huge stamina bonuses you can pretty much run forever on a combat load, and even when pack-ratting you can sip energy drinks and never have to stop. poo poo anomaly protection and no artifact slots, but the upgrades that come with the suit are pretty much what I use artifacts for, anyway (carry weight and stamina), and you shouldn't be stepping in anomalies, anyway.

masked sex hero posted:

if you go up north and kill monolith members for a while, they should eventually drop a gauss rifle. one of those can destroy a helicopter in like 8-10 shots. i've tried using the rocket launcher but the RPG moves wayyy too slow to reliably hit them

Maybe this is just me, but I find that I can down a chopper with about two magazines from one of the 5.56 rifles.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

AN94CuresHelicopters

No, seriously, 2 mags of burst mode works wonders. Also, abuse windows in buildings and such. My last Mogadishu event was in the swamps. I attacked a Military squad in that mid-North outpost right as a blowout was coming in. I waited til they all got into shelter, chucked a grenade in there to drive them out, and then denied them safe zone. Half died, half zombied (and then died after the blowout ended). I looted their corpses and shot down the heli that my grenade goof called in.

Ddraig posted:

Fairly simple. To add a cat steak, you'd need to open the mutant parts config. This is items.ltx
Editing icons is a bit more advanced. I'm not sure if you want to go that far, though.

K, I'm going to gently caress around with this after I'm done writing up this ecology paper.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

Ddraig posted:

This is actually how it works. Each military unit has a commander. The commander is the only one that can call in a helicopter, and only if they manage to actually physically get somewhere to radio in.

If you identify the commanders in each squad and take them out first, they won't call in helicopters, and helicopters that are there won't really focus on you.

Yeah I'm fairly sure this is what happened. I only saw the one guy but it was thick fog and there could have been a whole squad out there for all I could see. Plus there'd been a chopper hovering around that area earlier when I'd been plinking Flesh, so it didn't just spawn on top of me.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Im itching to play STALKER again but I've been out of the loop for a few years. I used to use STALKER Complete Mod. Has there been any new stuff on the modding front?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Im itching to play STALKER again but I've been out of the loop for a few years. I used to use STALKER Complete Mod. Has there been any new stuff on the modding front?

Last page, Minarchist has you sorted.

Also, thanks for rehosting the merchant/gun damage mod, I dont get why either of the links were down.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Missing Name posted:

AN94CuresHelicopters

No, seriously, 2 mags of burst mode works wonders. Also, abuse windows in buildings and such. My last Mogadishu event was in the swamps. I attacked a Military squad in that mid-North outpost right as a blowout was coming in. I waited til they all got into shelter, chucked a grenade in there to drive them out, and then denied them safe zone. Half died, half zombied (and then died after the blowout ended). I looted their corpses and shot down the heli that my grenade goof called in.

K, I'm going to gently caress around with this after I'm done writing up this ecology paper.

Sniper rifles work great against choppers as well. I just wish they dropped some loot when they crashed.

I started a new game after applying the latest patch* and Ddraig update, and found myself in Agropom near the military base. I always feel compelled to follow the sounds of gunfire so I skirted the concrete wall to see what the soldiers and their air support were firing at. After a few attempts I was able to sneak up on the far entrance and take out their tank with a grenade, then go out and loot the bandits they had shot without attracting any more attention from the base. An assassination target was nearby so I followed him for a while till he got in a fight with both a bandit and a bloodsucker, and waited for nature to take its course.

Then I got chased around comically by the other two bloodsuckers nearby.

* Has anyone else's level load times increased like fivefold since the update, or is it just this graphics enhancement I added this time? Not sure what I think of it, the blur effect is a little distracting and obscures UI elements like inventory and dialog, and other than that it just seems to make poo poo too bright and washed out. If I had the patience I know there's a lot of tweaking I could do on it and I might really like it.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

masked sex hero posted:

Gauss can take out a chopper in 2 shots. :jihad:
Aim for the cockpit and gun pod area on the front.

Also, go to the rear NPP area, plenty of guys just at the first camp by the NPP rear entrance packing Guass rifles. Also in Pripyat Plaza.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Oct 20, 2015

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

The TV in the Freedom base :catstare: EasternEurope.txt

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
I'm really not seeing the empty, deserted Zone some people are getting with CoC. It's pretty much all insane all the time.

Tonight's adventure involved helping a couple of Freedom guys assault some Bandits at the Train Hangar. We'd just made it past the front gate when a squad of Military showed up from the direction of Agroprom and turned it into a three-way brawl. In the confusion, I managed to sneak into the building and creep up on them with my Browning, which apparently nobody could hear over the crack of AK fire.

Bandits and Military dead, I was wandering around the building looting corpses when I hear roars and gunfire outside. Turns out a Bloodsucker had wandered in and killed my Freedom buds, then been gunned down by another squad of Military approaching from the south. By then it was getting dark and a storm was rolling in, so I quickly looted the Freedom dudes and ran off, bullets at my back, to sell their poo poo in the Bar.

On the way I took a detour to the Truck Cemetery and, in the two minutes I was there, saw a Duty squad mowing down about a dozen Flesh while some other guys in the distance opened up on them with what sounded like an PKM.

I think my guy's going to spend all his cash on Vodka.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Trucks Cemetery is actually a really cool level and it's tons of fun to fight in, I just wish it didn't crash every time I transition in

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

So call of chernobyl adds a whole bunch of new stalker models for npcs, cool variants on outfits and such, and I was wondering where they're kept? I want to change the third person models on some of the player suits but I don't know how.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Is there any expected path of progression for some of the factions? Say, Monolith. As soon as you spawn, without fail, two Pseudogiants will absolutely murder the entire platoon of soldiers outside on the street.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Azran posted:

Is there any expected path of progression for some of the factions? Say, Monolith. As soon as you spawn, without fail, two Pseudogiants will absolutely murder the entire platoon of soldiers outside on the street.

The pseudogiants are a test from the Monolith. Vanquish them, and the rest will be easy. This is the word of our leaders, listen and rejoice. Conquer the Zone in the name of Monolith.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

FirstPersonShitter posted:

So call of chernobyl adds a whole bunch of new stalker models for npcs, cool variants on outfits and such, and I was wondering where they're kept? I want to change the third person models on some of the player suits but I don't know how.

meshes/actors

Has them sorted out by factions.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Ddraig posted:

meshes/actors

Has them sorted out by factions.

You have to use an extractor for this, correct?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Azran posted:

You have to use an extractor for this, correct?

Yeah, everything is packed into db files apart from a few configs/scripts

The official COC page has an extractor which works fine for most people.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Ddraig posted:

Yeah, everything is packed into db files apart from a few configs/scripts

The official COC page has an extractor which works fine for most people.

Alright, thanks! Out of curiosity, will I break anything terribly if I copy red_forester_upgr's long as hell weaponupgrade=true list over to the other gunsmiths? It's insanely bothersome to go to the Red Forest whenever I want to upgrade a weapon to the max.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Azran posted:

Alright, thanks! Out of curiosity, will I break anything terribly if I copy red_forester_upgr's long as hell weaponupgrade=true list over to the other gunsmiths? It's insanely bothersome to go to the Red Forest whenever I want to upgrade a weapon to the max.

Nope, shouldn't break anything.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Neat! Couldn't find a way to change the main character's default faction portrait but whatever, I'll settle for that :v:

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
The stretched scope bug from OWR3 returned after I did all the updating the other day. I fixed it before by using an alternate ui_ingame.xml file they supplied, but now that I'm using the alt I dunno what.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
What should I know mod wise before I start up Clear sky?

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

:getin:
Lipstick Apathy

Azran posted:

Neat! Couldn't find a way to change the main character's default faction portrait but whatever, I'll settle for that :v:

You can change them in the character_desc_general.xml look for the <icon> field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How do i edit the player's faction relations? The starting screen shows mercs as being neutral to clear sky now, but clear sky are still hostile to my pc merc.