Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

closeted republican posted:

Pubbies can't handle Scrakes to save their lives so I always go Microwave Gun to handle them when I'm a Firebug.
what's the best way to marshal pubs with Scrakes? I just tend to wait until everyone has seen him and then start shotgunning it at the back of the end and hoping it doesn't kill too many people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Skoll posted:

What poo poo storm?

In short, this year's community-achievement event Crimefest revealed on the first of 10 days of rewards was microtransactions and weapon skins that affect stats in the form of TF2/DOTA2's key/crate system.

And that's all I'd like to say about it since this is the KF2 thread and not the PD2 thread.

Getting really excited for the new Gunslinger perks! And, like people have said, I just wanna throw guns at people to reload.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

pulp rag posted:

In short, this year's community-achievement event Crimefest revealed on the first of 10 days of rewards was microtransactions and weapon skins that affect stats in the form of TF2/DOTA2's key/crate system.

And that's all I'd like to say about it since this is the KF2 thread and not the PD2 thread.

So glad I saw the writing on the wall a year ago and loving uninstalled that game... TY for the update.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

ninjaiguana posted:

So I've just started playing this - taking a break from Payday 2 while the recent shitstorm blows over. I've tried running a few maps as Support and I think I'm getting the hang of it. Anything I really need to know? Are all the classes as good as one another, or are some more awesome/kind of crappy compared to the rest? Is welding ever useful? The pubs I've been playing with mostly fight in outside open spaces, so welding doors seems kind of a liability. I must say I'm loving the double-barreled shotgun so far. Also if Gunslinger comes in I may be locked in to KF2 for life.

All perks are good actually (Demo too - you just need to level it to 15), and with the right weapons you can fit almost every role on every class (with roles being trash cleaning/big guy removal/healing other people mostly). Welding is kina useful if you play Firebug, cause then you weld one door on wave 4-5, wait for it to amost burst and toss a molotov into it for sweet sweet free XP and dollars. But don't take my word on that as it varies. Stick with your team, going solo is the way to die in this game. The 9mm is trash, pick up the Medic pistol if you can, deals more damage and you can heal people in a pinch.
Oh and play at least on Hard, Normal is really just a warmup or if you wanna try out the perks.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kikas posted:

All perks are good actually (Demo too - you just need to level it to 15), and with the right weapons you can fit almost every role on every class (with roles being trash cleaning/big guy removal/healing other people mostly). Welding is kina useful if you play Firebug, cause then you weld one door on wave 4-5, wait for it to amost burst and toss a molotov into it for sweet sweet free XP and dollars. But don't take my word on that as it varies. Stick with your team, going solo is the way to die in this game. The 9mm is trash, pick up the Medic pistol if you can, deals more damage and you can heal people in a pinch.
Oh and play at least on Hard, Normal is really just a warmup or if you wanna try out the perks.

Normal is great for getting used to the game. Hard feels like a very well balanced mode once you get a feel for the game.

After I get Firebug to 25 I am not sure which I should start playing. Demo seems super fun but Zerker seems more useful...

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
One of my favorite things about Firebug's Zed Shrapnel perk is just the chaos it causes. You're spitting fire and things are exploding and making more fire and it's just madness.

Also sorry about missing all the game invites this weekend, I was mostly on the road and remote logging into my home machine to see all these missed messages. :smith:

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

closeted republican posted:

Commandos are not a waste of space and I am offended by you saying so. :colbert:

Firebug clears trash better, lights up dark maps with flaretov, and is more useful against big guys as well with MWG staggers. Support is better against big guys with their AA12 magdumps, and at least gives FB a reasonably useful amount of ammo once per round with restock.

Commando is literally only good for extra-long zed time and letting people see stalkers (which FB can do also by lighting them on fire).

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Now it could be that a lot of people simply don't play Commando because it doesn't shine as much. But, when you've seen a Commando that can consistently land headshots on Scrakes/FPs, it's magical.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

sushibandit posted:

Firebug clears trash better, lights up dark maps with flaretov, and is more useful against big guys as well with MWG staggers. Support is better against big guys with their AA12 magdumps, and at least gives FB a reasonably useful amount of ammo once per round with restock.

Commando is literally only good for extra-long zed time and letting people see stalkers (which FB can do also by lighting them on fire).

Uh well yeah, but if you get that extra long Zed time, it gives people with lvl 25 a lot more mileage out of their skills. And with more then one big guy, Commando can tell you which one to focus because they can see their healthbars.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Yeah, I like Commando. He's not the trashman he used to be thanks to Firebug, but he feels like a good teamwork class. Highlighting Stalkers, being able to call out the heath on big stuff, plus the team-buff perks like Zed time extension and I think there's one that makes the whole team reload faster or do more damage.

Plus if you've got one that can land headshots reliably he can clear out trash before it even gets close enough for the Firebug to engage.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Require More Fire posted:

Yeah, I like Commando. He's not the trashman he used to be thanks to Firebug, but he feels like a good teamwork class. Highlighting Stalkers, being able to call out the heath on big stuff, plus the team-buff perks like Zed time extension and I think there's one that makes the whole team reload faster or do more damage.

Plus if you've got one that can land headshots reliably he can clear out trash before it even gets close enough for the Firebug to engage.

I feel like a few buffs to the Commandos damage or clip size would help it out a great deal. Little buffs here and there go a long way to making the class feel great (again).

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Commando should be able to use two rifles at once.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Give the Commando its recoil reduction back. :v:

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Require More Fire posted:

I've found that Commando is great for neutralizing Husks, Sirens, and Bloats at a distance and clearing out Crawlers and Stalkers so that Zerks and anyone else on the front line has room to freely move around.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Yes, please kill the crawlers for your friends the Zerk and Support; they are a huge waste of maneuvering and ammunition, respectively.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
What does everyone do for Firebug perks? I pretty much dial down the left and don't see any reason to change. My weapon progression is usually CB -> FT -> Ft + TG -> MG + TG with the last pair sometime around Hans / wave 9 if no one else can pop Scrakes.

Skoll posted:

So glad I saw the writing on the wall a year ago and loving uninstalled that game... TY for the update.
On the other hand we got the Hotline crossover content which was worth every penny. I'd love to see something like that for KF2.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Oct 19, 2015

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Fully Stocked until I've bought MWG, then switch to flaretov.

Heat Wave is the go-to for kiting+killing big guys with MWG, and keeps trash off you while you run around spraying fire on everything. Since everything around you should always be on fire, free "autostumble" whenever anything gets close to you is just the tits and keeps you from taking so much damage it's not even funny.

Shrapnel is a no-brainer.

Splash damage 100% if you use MWG, otherwise I guess range is okay. IMO if you want range on the FB, just buy the shotgun.

I've recently switched my 25 perk to Scorch. It makes a huuuuuge difference in time-to-kill big zeds with the MWG. If you use flamethrower instead then Combustion is probably better.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Shumagorath posted:

What does everyone do for Firebug perks? I pretty much dial down the left and don't see any reason to change. My weapon progression is usually CB -> FT -> Ft + TG -> MG + TG with the last pair sometime around Hans / wave 9 if no one else can pop Scrakes.

On long games I stick to CB until wave 5 when Scrakes begin to appear, at which point I buy the microwave gun. Usually I don't even buy armor until then. After that I stick with microwave gun and trenchgun.

For my perks I use the flarotov, zed shrapnel, splash damage, and the one that increases burn time.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I stick with fully stocked the entire game because it lets me buy and drop back-up CnB's or Microwave Guns on the cheap so I never run out of ammo

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Flaratov seems like a terrible choice over Fully Stocked even before the boss round where you need to pile MGs and AA12s. Why splash damage over range?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Shumagorath posted:

Flaratov seems like a terrible choice over Fully Stocked even before the boss round where you need to pile MGs and AA12s. Why splash damage over range?

Cause you can aim at the feet of Zeds and they get hit for double damage - one for the splash damage, and the other one when they walk over the flaming floor part. You can do that without splash damage, but splash damage allows you to do so easily, and you can use the MWG for a similar effect with it.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Shumagorath posted:

The above post is a good explanation as to why I use splash damage. As for flaratov, I use that because money and ammo has never been an issue for me, and the use of molotovs to deny an entrance for Zeds is just too valuable for me over the convenience of just full ammo.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
also splash is probably going to get fixed because TWI is full of FUNHATERS who want to :airquote: balance :airquote: this game or something? So get in on it while you can!

Basically, the pro way to handle a scrake right now is to walk right up to it with your MWG and tap M1 a lot while staring at its feet. It sounds stupid - it is stupid - but it also works, so it's hilarious.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

balance is aids in a co op game

What do people use for T4 Support perks? 10% seems a bit hard to gauge on the support weapons on numbers, but +5 carrying seems nice, although I've been quite happy with just AA-12/Double Barrel by the end.

Barrage seems the way to go at L.25 though.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh yeah, one thing I didn't understand was both Heat Wave and MWG alt-fire - it pushes Zeds back, but only sometimes. Can a Zed get pushed back just once in his life? Does pushing back with Heat Wave waste that precious MWG blast? Or do the effects stack and does the weight of a Zed get calculated into that, cause I can sometimes send a Siren flying across the whole room, but fail to move a slowly walking Scrake.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I just want to say that I hate everyone who ever wanted dark maps. Totally unfun mechanic since there are not nearly enough sources of light that you can create. Nightvision is laughable and along with with flashlights (which are missing from most high tier weapons) don't last long enough.

Also give me my ammo back so I can have fun shooting things.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
Maybe SWAT should have a skill that allows them to place round-long light sources. They'll disappear after one wave, but up to five indestructible lamps would be really useful.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Firebug is already easymode compared to Support (my other class at >15) so I don't think the splash damage nerf is a big deal. I'd rather have a bit more range on the CB but the Ft and MG do just fine at default.

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Maybe SWAT should have a skill that allows them to place round-long light sources. They'll disappear after one wave, but up to five indestructible lamps would be really useful.

A round of Suicidal Catacombs last night consisted of us lighting up the main stairwell room with C4s and it worked surprisingly well.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Oct 19, 2015

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Broose posted:

I just want to say that I hate everyone who ever wanted dark maps. Totally unfun mechanic since there are not nearly enough sources of light that you can create. Nightvision is laughable and along with with flashlights (which are missing from most high tier weapons) don't last long enough.

Also give me my ammo back so I can have fun shooting things.
I don't really get why nightvision drains so fast and gets blurry at such short range.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Mesadoram posted:

I feel like a few buffs to the Commandos damage or clip size would help it out a great deal. Little buffs here and there go a long way to making the class feel great (again).

Or at the very least revert the ammo nerfs (if they haven't already).

I liked the Bullpup having a crazy fun amount of bullets instead of "Just more than the AK and SCAR, which now have even less ammo." But even the Varmint rifle got ammo slashes.

Zomborgon posted:

Yes, please kill the crawlers for your friends the Zerk and Support; they are a huge waste of maneuvering and ammunition, respectively.
Commando or firebug, I basically live for this. Killing trash while they are still distant is nice and all, but not when you are shooting at clots 200 feet away from the paris car barricades while a dozen crawlers are hopping around the supports and zerkers just because "Meh, just duck shoot or something."

Elysiume posted:

I don't really get why nightvision drains so fast and gets blurry at such short range.

I'm getting flashbacks to Mechwarrior Online. Where Nightvision and Heatvision got progressively more and more useless, until you saw worse with night vision inside a cave with mysterious opaque fog that only existed when you turned on nightvision.

Nightvision should not be worse than a flashlight in viddy games. Especially when it's considered an upgrade/special skill.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
QUESTIONER IS loving US AGAIN GUYS. UGH BOYCOTT THIS GAME I CAN'T STOP PLAYING

i love this game, please don't nerf the firebug, they're perfect.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Inside Out Mom posted:

QUESTIONER IS loving US AGAIN GUYS. UGH BOYCOTT THIS GAME I CAN'T STOP PLAYING

i love this game, please don't nerf the firebug, they're perfect.

It's going to be pretty hard to gently caress up shooting things in the face with a revolver the size of a small dog, unless they make them weigh 4 each and give you 6/18 ammo at 500 a full reload.

I am really, really hoping you can actually fit dual 1911 and dual 500s. Which, so long as the handguns do not get assigned weights on par with SMGs and shotguns, might actually be possible.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Oct 20, 2015

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I think currently Support is probably the closest to what Tripwire wants the economy to be right now, especially after they rolled back the ammo capacity decrease. Upping the ammo cost definitely makes things more challenging because early on you're spending close to 300 dosh just to fill up a gun. The extra 200 price increase to the AA12 might be a tad unnecessary, though; I'm often unable to afford the AA12 by the time scrakes roll out on medium wave 4 or wave 5 for long games, even if I'm being super spendthrift by only buying primary ammo and not picking up the double barrel. But other than having to wait an extra wave to pick up your T4 gun, I think the money balance is good for Support. The upkeep cost of having to spend roughly ~900 dosh to fill up on ammo and grenades is now more in tune with your earnings so you no longer have the crazy surplus to drop like 4 full AA12s on the boss round like you used to.

Commando, though, is on the other end of the spectrum. He's very cost efficient and by just knifing and Backup pistoling on the first set of waves, you could feasibly afford a SCAR on wave 3. The problem is that he'll have a good amount of money but nothing to spend it on because it feels like you're artificially capped by the ammo capacity nerf. Even if I'm managing my ammo and focusing on headshots, it's very hard to stretch my ammo so that it lasts to the end of the round, on HoE difficulty at least. The problem is exacerbated if I want to help my team during scrake or fleshpound fights, but wind up burning like 1/7 of my ammo on just one enemy.

You can see that both perks are trying for the same result at balance, but the balance job on Commando feels worse because you can wind up doing nothing but sitting around with your thumb up your rear end due to ~reasons~. I'd much rather have it like the Support, where you kept your old capabilities but operational cost simply became more commensurate to your effectiveness.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Maybe it could be something to buy from the trader for any class, a 1 -weight box of however many glowsticks you can toss on the ground and they'll last about 10 minutes or so, usually enough for a wave or two.

It's a shame money doesn't glow, you could light the halls up with that. :whatup:

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

QwertySanchez posted:

It's a shame money doesn't glow, you could light the halls up with that. :whatup:

That would result in the best metagame ever. :allears:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Finally found a commando loadout that works for me, just replace the bullpup with the nailgun instead :v:.

Then you got room for scar, medi-pistol, and dualies, makes leveling commando a chore when the nailgun is hogging all the exp towards zerker through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Ascends the gently caress out of this mortal plane.