Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmQykfLolmE

I kinda want one of these, not least because my PC is getting on a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

OwlFancier posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmQykfLolmE

I kinda want one of these, not least because my PC is getting on a bit.

Hey guys, I ruined a beautifully designed artifact to make a hideous piece of poo poo that I should frankly be embarrassed to be standing next to much less to have made with my own hands. Be sure to follow and subscribe.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I would probably prefer the radio myself tbh but I think it looks fun. Needs a green display though, ideally CRT or at least with a slight lens over it.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

what??? he ruined a p-precious old rear end radio :qq: that loving...

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

HATE WINNEBAGO

SUPPORT MURDER VAN

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Generation Internet posted:

SUPPORT MURDER VAN

LOVE KILLDOZER

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Seriously, please tell me I can make a loving murder RV. I don't care how slow or awesome looking the moving house is, John Fallout needs to live in his homicide wagon down by the irradiated river.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
And Jx "Krieger" Fallout needs the Rush vans. One thread so far on subreddit speculates it's for getting around within your settlement as fancy fast travel, which does sound plausible. If Bethesda actually squeezed out a fully mobile and functioning murdercar, I'll be surprised.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

JoshTheStampede posted:

Reactor meltdown and bomb explosions are not the same thing. The radiation from a bomb would disperse in a matter of weeks or months, and would not still be irradiated wasteland years later. But they've addressed that already by basically saying "it's different in fallout"

I still think the wasteland aspect is due to the pre-war obsession with putting fission reactors into everything from toasters to cars to airplanes. All that nuclear fuel getting into the ground water would pretty much ruin most everywhere. Why ground zero locations are still irradiated as gently caress... :iiam:

Just re-watched the dialogue between John Fallout and Piper. I never realized just how unsettling her mouth movements are.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Crabtree posted:

Seriously, please tell me I can make a loving murder RV. I don't care how slow or awesome looking the moving house is, John Fallout needs to live in his homicide wagon down by the irradiated river.

It's most likely you are limited to your home base. Though it would be pretty amazing if you can build your own cars.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

A man can dream - maybe when their engine isn't such poo poo and can properly load things on the fly we'll get another crack at it.

You know, the Highway man has always kinda reminded me of another car:

Not sure if that was intentional of Black Isle or not, or if they just wanted to copy any old classic American car with huge rear end fins.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Just re-watched the dialogue between John Fallout and Piper. I never realized just how unsettling her mouth movements are.

The main character seemed to have decent facial movements so maybe that bit was shot while her dialogue face posing was still a WIP. Or maybe she's supposed to be that way. Who knows.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

gently caress a murder van I'm making a Death Train

and it will go through bandit territory so I can have fights on the roof

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Their engine can only handle walking with an 80% success rate, I think I'm fine with them not attempting vehicles, to be honest.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Psychotic Weasel posted:

A man can dream - maybe when their engine isn't such poo poo and can properly load things on the fly we'll get another crack at it.
Maybe they'll just add this mod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrNc0Mgp-kY

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

I must admit, I lost it when "Riding Dirty" started fading in. The juxtaposition with the janky car is just great.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

sector_corrector posted:

Hey guys, I ruined a beautifully designed artifact to make a hideous piece of poo poo that I should frankly be embarrassed to be standing next to much less to have made with my own hands. Be sure to follow and subscribe.

frajaq posted:

what??? he ruined a p-precious old rear end radio :qq: that loving...

You nerds being upset about him modifying a no-longer working radio to serve as a box for a PC amuses me. He probably did that to the radio because he knew he couldn't anything for it anyway.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
So how was wasteland 2?

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
Having a drivable vehicle with wheels requires flat roads, even in Mad Max there's well maintained dirt roads everywhere somehow. I would love something really stupid like a giant drivable house, or at least the ability to wall in your settlement and throw deathclaws in it. I just hope we can pilot that airship.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Sanctum posted:

So how was wasteland 2?
I tried it and found the fights impossibly difficult.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
I haven't seen anything about preorder bonus crap anywhere... but yesterday I got an email from Bethesda and if you buy the game direct from them they send you a shirt..!?!? is that the only preorder deal out there right now?

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Being able to move your house, where it just warps from location to location if you put wheels on it, does seem plausible. But yeah a fully driveable war rig does seem to be beyond Bethesda's abilities. They can't even make ladders, let alone proper driveable vehicles.

glug posted:

I haven't seen anything about preorder bonus crap anywhere... but yesterday I got an email from Bethesda and if you buy the game direct from them they send you a shirt..!?!? is that the only preorder deal out there right now?

Yes, thankfully this time round they have resisted doing all the annoying preorder shite like in New Vegas.

marktheando fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Oct 20, 2015

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
They had an edition with a plastic toy pip boy that you could plug your phone into or something, those all got bought up right away by some weird cult.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

glug posted:

New Vegas had some pre-order item packs. But I don't recall Skyrim, FO3 or Oblivion having them. I guess Todd Howard is important enough that he can get away with telling ZeniMax where they can shove their pre-orders.
There's the collector's edition, but good luck finding one at this point.

marktheando posted:

Yes, thankfully this time round they have resisted doing all the annoying preorder shite like in New Vegas.
As far as pre-order stuff goes, New Vegas' was pretty light. It's not like it was a bonus mission or any sort actual content. It was just a handful of items. Heck, most people probably dumped the weapons and armour an hour into the game because they would have gotten better stuff.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Yaos posted:

Having a drivable vehicle with wheels requires flat roads, even in Mad Max there's well maintained dirt roads everywhere somehow. I would love something really stupid like a giant drivable house, or at least the ability to wall in your settlement and throw deathclaws in it. I just hope we can pilot that airship.
This talk of cars reminds me how weird the roads of Fallout: New Vegas were. Remember the NCR checkpoint on the southern edge of the game world? There is this incredibly steep road that leads up to it. I don't think you'd find any road that steep in the real world. Roads that go up hills are supposed to be winding so as to minimize the incline. Oblivion also had weird roads like that.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Raygereio posted:

As far as pre-order stuff goes, New Vegas' was pretty light. It's not like it was a bonus mission or any sort actual content. It was just a handful of items. Heck, most people probably dumped the weapons and armour an hour into the game because they would have gotten better stuff.

It annoyed me when I realised a few hours in that the stupid vault canteen was cancelling out the need for me to drink water in hardcore mode.

Baron Bifford posted:

This talk of cars reminds me how weird the roads of Fallout: New Vegas were. Remember the NCR checkpoint on the southern edge of the game world? There is this incredibly steep road that leads up to it. I don't think you'd find any road that steep in the real world. Roads that go up hills are supposed to be winding so as to minimize the incline. Oblivion also had weird roads like that.

Fantasy Romans or sci fi Romans, it doesn't matter. They love a straight road.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

2house2fly posted:

They had an edition with a plastic toy pip boy that you could plug your phone into or something, those all got bought up right away by some weird cult.

:shepspends:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Baron Bifford posted:

We have those here. In fact, my home town was named after our steep hills.

And, of course, Norway isn't anything like America.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

2house2fly posted:

Hey now, I don't belong to no cult.

Unless you count the worship of money, because lol if you don't think I'm going to sell the pip-boy for at least 4x what I paid as soon as I get bored with it.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

glug posted:

I dunno if it is just an Australian thing, but from EB Games I've ordered the "Nuke Pack" edition, which comes with the game in a steelbook, a Fallout lunchbox, a F4 pipboy vault boy bobblehead, a massive poster print, and a copy of the games soundtrack.

Here it is on their site

BurritoJustice fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Oct 20, 2015

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

BurritoJustice posted:

I dunno if it is just an Australian thing, but from EB Games I've ordered the "Nuke Pack" edition, which comes with the game in a steelbook, a Fallout lunchbox, a F4 pipboy, a massive poster print, and a copy of the games soundtrack.

Here it is on their site

I don't see a pipboy in there :confused:

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

There lived a wise man in Novac whose name was No-bark. Men came from all parts of the wasteland to see him and talk to him.

No-bark was a strange man. He said that no man needed much, and so he did not live in a house but slept in a barrel, which he rolled about from place to place. He spent his days sitting in the sun and saying wise things to those who were around him.

When Caesar came to that town he went to see the wise man. He found No-bark outside the town lying on the ground by his barrel. He was enjoying the sun.

When he saw the great leader he sat up and looked at Caesar. Caesar greeted him and said:

"No-bark, I have heard a great deal about you. Is there anything I can do for you?"

"Yes," said No-bark, "you can step aside a little so as not to keep the sunshine from me."

Caesar was very much surprised. But this answer did not make him angry. He turned to his officers with the following words:

"Say what you like, but if I were not Caesar, I should like to be No-bark."

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Geoff Zahn posted:

I don't see a pipboy in there :confused:

Whoops, I meant vault boy (the bobblehead).

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I wonder if we're gonna have more official videos besides the final SPECIAL episode tomorrow, something like talking about factions would be nice...

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

So is that armour customization screen thing for power armour only, or am I gonna be able to outfit myself with a different piece of armour on every single extremity of my body?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Bob NewSCART posted:

So is that armour customization screen thing for power armour only, or am I gonna be able to outfit myself with a different piece of armour on every single extremity of my body?

They did show you were able to graft leather armor pieces to the vault suit so yeah, I'd assume upgrading armor is a lot like upgrading weapons. There's only so many parts to chose from and some of them are likely better on or exclusive to only certain kinds of armors.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Bob NewSCART posted:

Yes on both actually. The power armor looks like to be able to be modified to hell, but you can do the latter morrowind-style. We've also been shown outfits that cover all the body parts though

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

frajaq posted:

I wonder if we're gonna have more official videos besides the final SPECIAL episode tomorrow, something like talking about factions would be nice...

Talking about the what now?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Bholder posted:

Talking about the what now?

About the Pro-NEWSPAPER people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Does this still use the Gamebryo engine?

• Locked thread