Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Gaunab posted:

my thighs are as bigger than a baby

I would hope so, babies have really weak and small thighs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

i fresh squeeze my fish oil each morning in an artisanal fish oil press from locally sourced wild harvested fish

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Are as bigger than

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Pesmerga posted:

Maybe, but I don't want to be a strongfat. Or a fat. :(

Ripped, but preferably while being generally bigger™

Somewhere in between, I think. See below.

My weight is only 145, but so is my bench (I'm shortish at 5'9"), and my squat and deadlift numbers are also acceptable.

I guess bulk is the answer? :ohdear:

How do you have 12% body fat when you weigh 145? I can't even picture that.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tiny Lowtax posted:

No poo poo, how would he even cut that far?

Unless they are really really short and somewhat muscular, that would take some kind of hosed up starvation diet to achieve.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Hi work out crew I'm going to the gym after work today anyway that's my story thanks for listening

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
break a leg buddy

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
ty bby u2

I'm a big fat weakling who picks up bitch weights in the hopes that some day I will not pick up bitch weights

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Are as bigger than

i didn't notice this. i have to kill myself to appease my ancestors now

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
went to the gym 10/10 would gym again

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I still can't do pullups but my dips at almost at +50 now :coal:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

notZaar posted:

hosed up if true

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

notZaar posted:

you know you only have to pull your head over the bar right

sincerely,
a man who cannot do pull ups

im gonna cheat at pullups and just cut like mad

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I can do a few I just can't like "do pull-ups" like an actual strong man in good shape.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I was able to do about 50 pull ups when I was a 130 pound freshman from just doing literal hours of body weight workouts. Coincidentally I was also v. unfamiliar with the idea of squatting a weight. Leg muscles are heavy.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Psycho Society posted:

I was able to do about 50 pull ups when I was a 130 pound freshman from just doing literal hours of body weight workouts. Coincidentally I was also v. unfamiliar with the idea of squatting a weight. Leg muscles are heavy.

Yeah I used to climb the rope to the top of the gym and do pull ups on the rafters. I weighed 155 lbs and ran a 5:30 mile.

Probably could have squatted something considering how much running I did.

15 years and 50 lbs later... I'm probably stronger I think.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I dunno, they did a calliper test at the gym and that's what they told me. Guess they could have underestimated (or didn't want to hurt my feelings?) though v:v:v

soy posted:

No poo poo, how would he even cut that far?

Unless they are really really short and somewhat muscular, that would take some kind of hosed up starvation diet to achieve.

Is 5'9" really short? :(

I have a really small frame I guess, and I was told by the guy at the gym doing the test that it was really time to start putting some more weight on. I'm now consciously trying to eat more.

monny
Oct 20, 2008

dollar dollar bill, y'all
Consciously eating more isn't going to do poo poo unless you're tracking calories, because your brain will go "ok full now" and you'll be like 100 calories over what you'd usually eat. You tracking?

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

monny posted:

Consciously eating more isn't going to do poo poo unless you're tracking calories, because your brain will go "ok full now" and you'll be like 100 calories over what you'd usually eat. You tracking?

Yeah religiously entering everything into myfitnesspal. Aiming for 2,300 calories per day.

monny
Oct 20, 2008

How many calories were you eating previously?

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
Had a five-week enforced absence from the gym, first time back yesterday: Main lifts were 5x5 bench, 5x5 rows, 5x5 ATG squats, nearly 10 tons total within 40 minutes. I am also over 40. Going to die and leave a swole skeleton.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Climbing rope is all legs though, if you do it right.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

looking up rope climbing videos on youtube and its all "crossfit rope climb" those bastards have co-opted ropes now goddamn

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Rope burns are cool when you get them in cross fit

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Does anybody else turn into an insanely aggressive and pissed off driver on the way home from the gym??

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

After two months off due to a knee injury just got back into the gym and did some deadlifts and squats, my legs are destroyed. Feels good even though I am walking like a gimp. 10/10 would lift again

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

notZaar posted:

Does anybody else turn into an insanely aggressive and pissed off driver on the way home from the gym??

no because my arms are too weak to turn the wheel

but my arms are like that way I go to the gym too so idk

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

arms too weak to turn the wheel or shift gears
legs too weak to operate the pedals
endorphines got me so high my face is numb and im just floating down the road at 10 under the limit

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

FogHelmut posted:

arms too weak to turn the wheel or shift gears
legs too weak to operate the pedals
endorphines got me so high my face is numb and im just floating down the road at 10 under the limit

Officer: Sir, have you been smoking marijuana?

FogHelmut: No officer, just getting swole.

Officer: :respek:

FogHelmut: :respek:

Officer: Carry on, good citizen!

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011
What is the swolethread approved protein for making shakes. Something with a flavor that will hide well in milk, peanut butter, and bananas.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Took some creatine and got an extra rep in on my bench. Also finished all my sets for my 5x10 OHP for the first time ever. Creatine p cool.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

i think everyone just buys optimum nutrition, double rich chocolate is a good flavor but there are also other good flavors. reddit did a whole spreadsheet of wheys with a breakdown of cost vs pureness of what they advertise vs what you actually get https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag9uT-E4EIL7dFZPZnR0WVZybGtFWnRKNzdKNm9XOVE#gid=0

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Myprotein is pretty solid and has sales constantly. I got choc smoothie, salted caramel, and blueberry, all tasted p good (though choc is easily the best)

monny
Oct 20, 2008

FogHelmut posted:

Unironically this, I'm blissed as gently caress post workout :byob1:

monny
Oct 20, 2008

MyProtein choc smooth err'day

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

FogHelmut posted:

i think everyone just buys optimum nutrition, double rich chocolate is a good flavor but there are also other good flavors. reddit did a whole spreadsheet of wheys with a breakdown of cost vs pureness of what they advertise vs what you actually get https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag9uT-E4EIL7dFZPZnR0WVZybGtFWnRKNzdKNm9XOVE#gid=0

I get Isopure. Dutch chocolate (low carb) and strawberries and cream (0 carb) are both good

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

MyProtein white chocolate is the poo poo.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

notZaar posted:

Workout harder then.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pesmerga posted:

Is 5'9" really short? :(

Yes but not freakishly so, lots of hot twinks at that height, and you can pass as a girl if lifting doesn't work out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Goon advice?

I'm 6'-2", 275 pounds. Mid 40's. I want to lose 35 pounds. (Yes, 240 is actually a good weight for me, I have a huge frame and tree trunk legs.)
If I were to go back to my 90's lifting routine, it would be:

1) Lead with a squat, deadlift or bench
2) Do 2-3 free weight exercises to hit the smaller muscle groups
3) Finish with some burn-out like a superset or cables or whatever

I'd use periodicity on the big lifts, as in

Week 1: 3x10
Week 2: 3x8 heavier
Week 3: 3x12 lighter
Week 4: back to 3x10 at higher weight

Is that obsolete now? Any advice?

Thanks.

• Locked thread