Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.
He moved into the hotel weeks before the marriage. By the time they actually got hitched they were back under the same roof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oneof27
May 27, 2007
DSMtalker
This will be the first episode I'll listen to in months. Let's see how this goes.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

M.C. Clarity was not good

ooooo weee

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

oneof27 posted:

This will be the first episode I'll listen to in months. Let's see how this goes.

Same

Haven't listened since 70 (not because it was bad, I didn't think it was all that bad, but because it's where I naturally stopped listening OK????)

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I'm a week behind, well since I dont watch the videos I guess I'm caught up, anyway just wanted to say schraub is good and wheaton is awful. He was fine until he jerked himself off about having the most obvious stance on school shootings. Thanks.

Evil Agita fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Oct 13, 2015

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I just want to get ahead of the Wheaton Curve and say that I oppose slavery and think it should continue to be against the law.

Thank you.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

KoRMaK posted:

ooooo weee

No kidding.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

KoRMaK posted:

ooooo weee

Gay British dude on the other hand was super great.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
I thought MC Clarity was going to be Dan rapping about his divorce or something. I was severely disappointed.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
I'm looking forward to Harmon being supportive and kind to Erin out of friendship and not struggling through it out of obligation. He was genuinely nice as opposed to his usual throwing her under the bus with a dash of credit.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Now Dustin can stop white knighting Erin and finally make a move.

Edit : and Spencer

Brekelefuw fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Oct 16, 2015

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
Dan probably has to be nice to Erin because imagine how much dark poo poo she probably knows about him by now. Even the stuff he admits is pretty questionable.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Brekelefuw posted:

Now Dustin can stop white knighting Erin and finally make a move.

Edit : and Spencer

I was always unsure whether it was an open secret that Spencer seems besotted with Erin. But it never seemed to come up.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

I was always unsure whether it was an open secret that Spencer seems besotted with Erin. But it never seemed to come up.

I just don't see what the he'll you guys are seeing. Maybe you're obsessed with Erin and you're projecting?

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
If you ever go on the subreddit, it seems equally divided between people who find Erin unfunny and the people who downvote those opinions to defend m'lady.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

MY ABACUS! posted:

If you ever go on the subreddit, it seems equally divided between people who find Erin unfunny and the people who find Erin funny

Is there a term like BlackKnighting for going after someone for not being a dude

MY ABACUS!
Oct 7, 2003

Katamari do your best!
Yeah, it's in the dictionary near the term for people who make everything about gender, even when it's not. You don't like this person? Clearly it's vagina related!

Cast Iron Brick
Apr 24, 2008

Golden Bee posted:

Is there a term like BlackKnighting for going after someone for not being a dude

What you're describing is called "the patriarchy" and it's pretty much ubiquitous in society.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
So Harmon is having a massive meltdown because someone said bad things about him on twitter, and fans pointing out he's being super lovely about it. Guess he's decided to take out his anger with Erin on anyone but her.

edit: on 2nd thought she lived with him she had it in real time already. Good god he's a piece of poo poo that will make any excuse to get away with it, and everyone who rides his dick will praise him for it.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Oct 21, 2015

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Ches Neckbeard posted:

So Harmon is having a massive meltdown because someone said bad things about him on twitter

Jesus christ, you weren't kidding.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

So Harmon is having a massive meltdown because someone said bad things about him on twitter, and fans pointing out he's being super lovely about it. Guess he's decided to take out his anger with Erin on anyone but her.

edit: on 2nd thought she lived with him she had it in real time already. Good god he's a piece of poo poo that will make any excuse to get away with it, and everyone who rides his dick will praise him for it.

please pull out the worst poo poo and post it here. TIA

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

OG tweet @ harmon is deleted what was it?

Mechanical Fiend
Sep 5, 2011

How'd that asshole get a white robe?!

Cerepol posted:

OG tweet @ harmon is deleted what was it?

"Uhhhh ok? I guess you're drunker than expected. That's ok. But this isn't that great of an idea?"

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I guess I don't see why anyone is upset/angry? I mean it was likely to happen anyways but now we get to watch the shitshow.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

KoRMaK posted:

please pull out the worst poo poo and post it here. TIA

Alright a few choice bits it was hard to choose.

Here is the dude that triggered Dan and was hammered for 2 hours. He isn't a native english speaker (according to reddit anyway) either so keep that in mind.
https://twitter.com/danharmon/status/656588490310885376
https://twitter.com/danharmon/status/656601874313908224
https://twitter.com/danharmon/status/656609656069038080
https://twitter.com/danharmon/status/656612169258246144

Harmon notes he's a giant baby that can't take criticism from someone who doesn't have great command of the english language!
https://twitter.com/danharmon/status/656617595991367681

Fans showing concern will not be tolerated!
https://twitter.com/danharmon/status/656631346174013442
https://twitter.com/danharmon/status/656628887611416576

Quick Spencer get the enabler mobile!
https://twitter.com/RoosterFollow/status/656629268223512577
https://twitter.com/Thesixler/status/656620300046569472
https://twitter.com/Thesixler/status/656616352137003008

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

Mechanical Fiend posted:

"Uhhhh ok? I guess you're drunker than expected. That's ok. But this isn't that great of an idea?"

lol two solid hours of of yelling at a complete stranger over this.

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

Gee I wonder why he keeps getting fired. Must be those heartless suits right?

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

It's possible to be a fan of the work without being a fan of the person. Isn't that right, Sorkin fans? Or hell, Dawkins did amazing work popularizing and helping advance the public understanding of evolution by natural selection. That doesn't mean the guy isn't a total loving shitbag.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

On the other hand, there are very few things more annoying then people you don't know giving you life advice on twitter.

Jamus
Feb 10, 2007
Take a look at his feed with replies (https://twitter.com/danharmon/with_replies) he's been insulting people every few minutes for the past while now.

At this point he's just giving the people exactly what they're after so I'm glad he's found his audience.

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
There's something kind of sad about having a rage fueled drunken meltdown on twitter. Was he just yelling at his phone all night?

JesusFists
Feb 14, 2005

ong-time listener, first-time caller.

He's working the crowd!

I thought the twitterstorm was all pretty entertaining to watch unfold. Does anyone know if the NYC Harmontown happened last night, as scheduled? Never saw anything posted about it.

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

So, late 90s, SCUD the disposable assassin webpage, there was an entire section devoted to just insulting people who emailed them. I can't remember if it was primarily Dan or Rob running it, but I think about it every time one of these things happens.

Feel sorry for the random dude on twitter. At this point there should be a "don't tap the glass" warning unless you know what you're getting yourself into.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Just wait, if Erin gets a new man any time soon... hoo boy.

Tuxedo Jack
Sep 11, 2001

Hey Ma, who's that band I like? Oh yeah, Hall & Oates.

Evil Agita posted:

Just wait, if Erin gets a new man any time soon... hoo boy.

Dan will invite him on the show.

It's gonna get ugly.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

ashpanash posted:

It's possible to be a fan of the work without being a fan of the person. Isn't that right, Sorkin fans? Or hell, Dawkins did amazing work popularizing and helping advance the public understanding of evolution by natural selection. That doesn't mean the guy isn't a total loving shitbag.

Harmon is a horrible person to work under. It sounds romantic to have a show runner who drinks heavily and forces the staff to stay all night to break a story. Then you hear Phil Rosenthal's former staff writers gush over their boss realizing they had families and lives and that if you were stuck at 6PM, you were better off getting some sleep instead of staying up all night for a sitcom.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

It sounds romantic to have a show runner who drinks heavily and forces the staff to stay all night to break a story.

Have people actually romanticized the idea of working under a drunk rear end in a top hat?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Cerepol posted:

Have people actually romanticized the idea of working under a drunk rear end in a top hat?

They piled on Megan Ganz for complaining, but after Dan's drunk twitter meltdown I'm on her side.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
This latest episode sounds like it was recorded on a mini-cassette. It's simultaneously overdriven and too quiet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012
Episode 166 was awesome. The most I've laughed at Harmontown in a long time. Schrab is the best guest.