Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Still laughing at the thunderstruck-pocalypse that got so many people butthurt about losing their hoarded pixels of wealth. Logging on that day and watching the price plummet in trade chat was hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
That was the day I broke my hasla bow and quit I think, lol

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Eonwe posted:

That was the day I broke my hasla bow and quit I think, lol

What a baby

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

I had been logging in 2-3x a day to swap out trees until the Thunderstruck nerf, then I started struggling to find motivation to log in at all. Wasn't long after that when I quit for good. Just kinda puts it into perspective what a steaming pile this game was, if that's all it took to get me to uninstall.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

PCOS Bill posted:

What a baby

lol

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006
Archeage is a fun game

Easy $500 when i cash out after playing again for a month.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My own time is worthless so when I sell stuff I view it as pure profit. AAA+ would timesink again

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006

Fauxtool posted:

My own time is worthless so when I sell stuff I view it as pure profit. AAA+ would timesink again

Yes because the only reason why I decided to play Archeage again was to sell gold

Dasyati
Nov 7, 2011
Just when you were afraid people might still reinstall, ooh chimpanzee that MORE poo poo!

So they've been playing around with going back to the KR version of mana stars/endless arrows/triple slash, i.e. one projectile per action + no GCD + horribly ping dependent. This would have been contingent on the new skill queue system working properly so the ping issue would be minimized, and that part is still broken.

They received a new build today from Korea for this year's Halloween event, which accidentally had the KR version of the skills enabled. But they rolled it out anyway, and I quote, "to make sure Hallowtide comes out on time for everyone. Because of that rush, we were unable to obtain a new build that reverts the skills back to their old equivalents."

Endless arrows now looks like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo5XxXiIhsI

gently caress me harder.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
#rekt

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I found last years Halloween event to be terribly underwhelming with little to no effort behind it. Any different this year?

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

That's some of the most bland gameplay I've seen in an MMO for years.

Charles Bukowski posted:

I found last years Halloween event to be terribly underwhelming with little to no effort behind it. Any different this year?

Trion was basically like "here's some cash shop poo poo that might give you cool decorations" and that was nearly the extent of their halloween event.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ruffz posted:

That's some of the most bland gameplay I've seen in an MMO for years.

EVERY MONSTER ENCOUNTER MUST BE EPIC

Dasyati
Nov 7, 2011

ruffz posted:

Trion was basically like "here's some cash shop poo poo that might give you cool decorations" and that was nearly the extent of their halloween event.

They haven't updated the cash shop yet, but they added some kind of advent calendar thing where you click a button every day and get a candy. Same drat candies from last year and every compensation pack in between.

Also they're doing another festival like the rum runner thing where you earn coins and you can buy a snail mount that can climb really steep hills.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Aw poo poo. Endless Arrows is that bad for me too. :(

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

If you aren't down with riding a snail around to uncover candies then I don't know what to tell ya.

tatersyum
Feb 12, 2006
This years Halloween event is an actual event and not just a cash shop update (there's still a cash update as well).

Tsargon the Great
Jun 4, 2005

~=~ NuMBa 1 PoSta~=~
CuTiE

Morbidmind posted:

Hasla was enjoyable if you got in on out when the swarm had the entire zone locked down. And you didn't need the bow, gently caress that thing.

Yeah, the back and forth pvp you got when we had a big group there could be pretty fun, way back before the split

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?242852

No more blockading "by community request." Sandbox, theme park, etc.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

LegionAreI posted:

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showthread.php?242852

No more blockading "by community request." Sandbox, theme park, etc.

I wonder if people are going to get banned when there's largescale ship to ship PvP and someone can't move their boat out from the mass of boats

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PCOS Bill posted:

I wonder if people are going to get banned when there's largescale ship to ship PvP and someone can't move their boat out from the mass of boats

It's probably depends on which parties have spent the most money

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
So since blocking was the only fun thing and that's now gone because a GM got their cart blocked and became butthurt, no point ever logging back into this poo poo heap.

I wonder how long the remaining whales will stick around due to sunk cost?

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DancingShade posted:

So since blocking was the only fun thing and that's now gone because a GM got their cart blocked and became butthurt, no point ever logging back into this poo poo heap.

until star citizen comes out. So never?

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

but using the unintentional mechanics of spawning invinsible rowboats when stealing packs at wharfs is still A OK right?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

DancingShade posted:

There is still a point.

You need to keep blocking until they martyr you.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Meskhenet posted:

but using the unintentional mechanics of spawning invinsible rowboats when stealing packs at wharfs is still A OK right?

Do whatever you want, the worst thing that can happen is that you get banned from ArcheAge

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
So, who's even left in terms of goon guilds these days? The OP hasn't updated since march and in MMO time entire generations of cliquey bullshit could have come and gone by now.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Absurd Revolver posted:

So, who's even left in terms of goon guilds these days? The OP hasn't updated since march and in MMO time entire generations of cliquey bullshit could have come and gone by now.

There is no goon guild and hasn't been for quite some time. Any goons that still play for some reason joined pubbie guilds.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I couldn't even play if I wanted to. Since I switched to Windows 10 Glyph keeps crashing with some error I can't be arsed to figure out how to fix. Thank you Windows 10.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

hakimashou posted:

Do whatever you want, the worst thing that can happen is that you get banned from ArcheAge

temp ban, lol do they ever do perm ones? (not like you cant ask a gm to just tranfer all your poo poo over to another toon, i mean guild mates, if you did get a perm ban....

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Morglon posted:

I couldn't even play if I wanted to. Since I switched to Windows 10 Glyph keeps crashing with some error I can't be arsed to figure out how to fix. Thank you Windows 10.

Did you try disabling your antivirus? :v: Not kidding, that's what they tell people to do.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Angela Christine posted:

Did you try disabling your antivirus? :v: Not kidding, that's what they tell people to do.

That's the actually one of the first things you are to do in any software troubleshooting.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I opened a second account and fed it two APEX today

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PCOS Bill posted:

I opened a second account and fed it two APEX today

lol casual

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Fauxtool posted:

lol casual

It's a video game dude. Anyone who spends enough time to not be casual needs a life.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

PCOS Bill posted:

It's a video game dude. Anyone who spends enough time to not be casual needs a life.

He's calling you a casual for playing ArcheAge instead of eSports

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Carol Pizzamom posted:

He's calling you a casual for playing ArcheAge instead of eSports

Oh. Well, I've known the touch of a woman, likely since before he was born, so no autism gaming for me.

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

PCOS Bill posted:

Oh. Well, I've known the touch of a woman, likely since before he was born, so no autism gaming for me.

eSports = touch of a woman = autism gaming?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

dominoeffect posted:

eSports = touch of a woman = autism gaming?

Reading comprehension is a lost art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

PCOS Bill posted:

Reading comprehension is a lost art.

I guess sarcasm comprehension is too.

• Locked thread