Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

DoubleNegative posted:

"summon weaponBlackjack"

I found this list of commands that lists the various weapons from Shifter.

Anyone know what the command for the Elite Assault Rifle is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Paris looks like Actual Paris and just putting Sodium lights went a long way. However they also rewamped the city around and the Catherdral map is so much better, making it look like an actual city instead of "Hey, remember Thief??". And the tracks for it are one of the best of the entire mod and honestly makes up for the Hong Kong remixes messing up the atmosphere between the Canal and Wanchai market.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

The Supreme Court posted:

Have you tried loading from a save where you're not dead?

That was my first and only save, so I'll just start again.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!

uncleKitchener posted:

That was my first and only save, so I'll just start again.

There's quicksave (bound to + by default), I think Shifter or Biomod added it originally.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

The Supreme Court posted:

There's quicksave (bound to + by default), I think Shifter or Biomod added it originally.

There was always a quick save... F5.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
Huh, you learn something new about the game every time :eng99:

The Supreme Court fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 20, 2015

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Actually + and - are the default quick save/load, not F5, check the original manual :colbert:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Fuzz posted:

I don't think you can rebind any of the F's - bound to augmentations by default, and you can only add extra keys that activate the augmentation.

I wonder if there's a way to stop the game from shoving batons (even with Paul's Blackjack in my inventory!), cigarettes and combat knives into my hands (except by keeping a melee weapon - that isn't the prod or the Blackjack - in my inventory, or just having it be full). Besides restarting with Biomod, that is.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Fuzz posted:

I've had a huge problem this playthrough hitting f5 when I mean to quicksave instead of hitting +.

Anyway, is it still possible to genuinely no-kill Anna Navarre? Not with killphrase? I seem to remember there being an old trick with gas grenades but I'm not sure those still work on her. If I somehow manage to baton her to incapacity will she explode on me or do I just have to run past her?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Both Anna and Gunther are immune to being knocked out. You can try to reduce her health to the points she panics and runs away (I managed that with Gunther)

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

She can't be knocked out and you can't run past her. The gas grenade trick was to force her to open the door for you.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

I don't remember enough of Vandenberg to be sure that the tunnels have changed, but I assume you couldn't get yourself stuck at the very start (walk between the forklift and the crates next to the ladder you came down) and you weren't facing a linear corridor blocked by spiderbots.

And only one way to go, through an 80% strong keypad with no chance to find out the password. What am I missing here?

Ok, if there was a way to get through the tunnels without resorting to noclip, I haven't been able to find it. Annoying to say the least.

Edit - No no, it's basically: go down the ladder, past three spiderbots. Hope you've brought explosives, because they sure aren't letting you get to the security panel. Past the flooded rooms, to which you have no code (go down for an augmentation upgrade at the cost of a shitload of multitools). Now there's a security grid that releases spiderbots and a small patrol bot - but the door they're guarding doesn't have a panel or a lock. There's a button to open it on the other side (via noclip) but not on your side. There's a vent that leads to the flooded rooms, but its too far up to jump from there.

Also: For some unknown reason there's a truck trailer / cargo container inside the gas station junkyard that's cloned completely at the start of the submarine base. Two supply crates, two heavy metal crates blocking a silencer mod. Weird.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Oct 21, 2015

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

The rooms haven't changed much over there, I think your way should be behind the forklifts on that 3 story room with the elevator. Jump aug or crate tinkering should do the trick.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Xander77 posted:

Both Anna and Gunther are immune to being knocked out. You can try to reduce her health to the points she panics and runs away (I managed that with Gunther)

You can knock out Gunther. It's absurdly difficult and requires tons of prod charges and tranq darts once you get him to continuously run, but it is doable.

Side note: early in the game Paul, Anna and Carter will all comment on the number of bodies you leave. This is done by a check when you switch levels on how many corpses you left versus how many unconscious bodies.

Want to beat the check? Blow up or otherwise destroy all the corpses. If they don't exist, you aren't penalized.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Party Plane Jones posted:

You can knock out Gunther. It's absurdly difficult and requires tons of prod charges and tranq darts once you get him to continuously run, but it is doable.

Side note: early in the game Paul, Anna and Carter will all comment on the number of bodies you leave. This is done by a check when you switch levels on how many corpses you left versus how many unconscious bodies.

Want to beat the check? Blow up or otherwise destroy all the corpses. If they don't exist, you aren't penalized.

Ha-ha, OK, that's a nice trick.

Gunther isn't an issue because you can just ghost past him. Navarre though you can't because I believe she drops the key to the door, and I'm not sure if forcing her through the door still works in Revision.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Navarre though you can't because I believe she drops the key to the door, and I'm not sure if forcing her through the door still works in Revision.

Can you not pickpocket her in Biomod?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Even if you get past Anna, what are you going to do about Howard Strong?

:colbert:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

KillHour posted:

Even if you get past Anna, what are you going to do about Howard Strong?

:colbert:

Nothing because startling him in any way causes him to blow himself with a LAM of his own accord?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Nothing because startling him in any way causes him to blow himself with a LAM of his own accord?

I thought the plan was a non-lethal run, though?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I think the exception to this is Castle Clinton? I've gone through the sneaky back entrance but still got scolded at by Paul for killing everyone even though I knocked everyone out instead because I went exploring and must have gotten too close to the direct route of the place.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

KillHour posted:

I thought the plan was a non-lethal run, though?

Isn't it sort of Batman rules apply? You aren't killing him but you don't have to save him from his own stupidity.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Can you not pickpocket her in Biomod?

I have biomod on but no idea how to pickpocket.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I think the exception to this is Castle Clinton? I've gone through the sneaky back entrance but still got scolded at by Paul for killing everyone even though I knocked everyone out instead because I went exploring and must have gotten too close to the direct route of the place.

The trigger for that in Vanilla Deus Ex is actually going into the atrium of Castle Clinton from what I remember. You can clean out the entirety of the lower structure but if you cause a firefight in the atrium a switch gets flipped where Paul thinks you started offing everybody.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
You get the key from Alex, who won't give it to you until you kill Anna.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

The trigger for that in Vanilla Deus Ex is actually going into the atrium of Castle Clinton from what I remember. You can clean out the entirety of the lower structure but if you cause a firefight in the atrium a switch gets flipped where Paul thinks you started offing everybody.

That's strange because I always usually exit into the atrium and have gotten scolded by Anna and praised by Paul before but maybe I'm misremembering. I guess it's one of those weird triggers, like leaving through the front door of the hotel vs leaving through the window deciding if Paul lives or dies, regardless if you help out in the firefight.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Mr. Fortitude posted:

That's strange because I always usually exit into the atrium and have gotten scolded by Anna and praised by Paul before but maybe I'm misremembering. I guess it's one of those weird triggers, like leaving through the front door of the hotel vs leaving through the window deciding if Paul lives or dies, regardless if you help out in the firefight.

From very, very old posts on TTLG. Basically starting a firefight almost always ends up roping the troops/Anna into it so if more than one ends up dying you're screwed. Who knows if Biomod or Shifter changed this.

code:
// after terrorists are dead, set guards to wandering
		if (!flags.GetBool('BatteryParkSlaughter'))
		{
			count = 0;

// count the number of living terrorists
			foreach AllActors(class'Terrorist', T, 'ClintonTerrorist')
				count++;

// count the number of unconscious terrorists
			foreach AllActors(class'TerroristCarcass', carc, 'ClintonTerrorist')
				if (carc.itemName == "Unconscious")
					count++;

// there are 5 total, player must have killed 2 or more, so
			// check to see if there are fewer than 3 still alive or unconscious
			if (count <= 3)
			{
				foreach AllActors(class'UNATCOTroop', guard, 'ClintonGuard')
					guard.SetOrders('Wandering', '', True);

flags.SetBool('BatteryParkSlaughter', True,, 6);
			}
		}

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Oct 21, 2015

Kliff
Feb 7, 2009

Forgotten by everyone? Kanako's fault.

From very, very old posts on TTLG. Basically starting a firefight almost always ends up roping the troops/Anna into it so if more than one ends up dying you're screwed. Who knows if Biomod or Shifter changed this.

Yeah, Shifter specifically changed it so that what counted was how many of the NSF in the atrium were killed by you - so Anna can slaughter them all and you'll be considered "too gentle" by her in Shifter and Biomod.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

code:
// after terrorists are dead, set guards to wandering
		if (!flags.GetBool('BatteryParkSlaughter'))
		{
			count = 0;

// count the number of living terrorists
			foreach AllActors(class'Terrorist', T, 'ClintonTerrorist')
				count++;

// count the number of unconscious terrorists
			foreach AllActors(class'TerroristCarcass', carc, 'ClintonTerrorist')
				if (carc.itemName == "Unconscious")
					count++;

// there are 5 total, player must have killed 2 or more, so
			// check to see if there are fewer than 3 still alive or unconscious
			if (count <= 3)
			{
				foreach AllActors(class'UNATCOTroop', guard, 'ClintonGuard')
					guard.SetOrders('Wandering', '', True);

flags.SetBool('BatteryParkSlaughter', True,, 6);
			}
		}
The scripts to check if people have been taken down non-lethally is by looking at the actor's name? That's a terrible way of doing it; I'd have thought they'd set an actor flag or something instead.

But now I understand why when I played a localized version of Deus Ex, Paul always thought I was bloodthirsty. The translators were hacks who didn't check the scripts.

Prenton
Feb 17, 2011

Ner nerr-nerrr ner
The loading screens are a nice touch in Revision, but "Mind the Synaptic Gap"? Oof.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Ha-ha, OK, that's a nice trick.

Gunther isn't an issue because you can just ghost past him. Navarre though you can't because I believe she drops the key to the door, and I'm not sure if forcing her through the door still works in Revision.

Don't you have to defeat Gunther in order to access the computer needed to advance the plot?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

closeted republican posted:

Don't you have to defeat Gunther in order to access the computer needed to advance the plot?

I think you can Cloak just fine.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Can you lock him in the gold vault? I seem to remember being able to lure him into the nazi gold vault and imprisoning him there with all the peacefully sleeping MJ12 troopers.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

You can do whatever you want. You just have to get past him.

Prenton
Feb 17, 2011

Ner nerr-nerrr ner
Simons' HDTP model seems to be missing something

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Momomo posted:

You get the key from Alex, who won't give it to you until you kill Anna.

Hrm. Can I pickpocket Alex? What if I knock Alex out?

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
Apparently this counts as a non-lethal way to take out Navarre since I guess technically the conveniently placed explosives aren't triggered by you. :v:

Lork
Oct 15, 2007
Sticks to clorf

Hrm. Can I pickpocket Alex? What if I knock Alex out?
You can't knock Alex out because he's invincible. I gave Anna a copy of the key specifically so that non lethal players could pickpocket it from her (which you do by pressing use on an enemy who is unaware of you, by the way), though it's very difficult because her senses are jacked up to an extreme degree, and I have no idea if that change carries over to Revision.

Soulfucker posted:

Apparently this counts as a non-lethal way to take out Navarre since I guess technically the conveniently placed explosives aren't triggered by you. :v:
You can also get away with stuff like this because it would be unreasonable to penalize you for a death if the game can't actually prove that you're the one responsible. Consequently, using her kill-phrase also lets you get off scot free because the script doesn't bother to assign the blame to you when it kills her. It's an "issue" that I'm not too keen on fixing because Anna is by far the worst chokepoint for a non lethal run and it would be virtually impossible for most players without loopholes like these. You can make up your own rationalization for why it's not JC's fault that Anna just spontaneously exploded in front of him, even if you know in your heart of hearts that it's bullshit.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
According to the Revision guys they're running a modified UnifiedDeusEx so it's the current version of Shifter with the old 1.0 of Biomod.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Someone working on Revision made damned sure Howard Strong can't be killed with a LAW shot. And that Savage doesn't keep dropping infinite augmentation upgrades. But they have introduced a way to make Walton Simons friendly, which is weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Lork posted:

You can make up your own rationalization for why it's not JC's fault that Anna just spontaneously exploded in front of him, even if you know in your heart of hearts that it's bullshit.

Well really it's the fault of the people who put a bomb in her; and it's also Anna's fault for not getting it removed.