Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Hellsau posted:

i don't know if wargaming knows how their damage model works

i wouldn't be surprised if they don't. see also: the matchmaker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I can vouch that any shell that crits something but doesn't do damage is not counted as blocked. If an AP shell knocks out your gun or optics without doing any damage it doesn't count as being blocked by armour.

This is stupid as hell. If my tracks eat 20k damage because I'm sidescraping like a boss it should count.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

frood posted:

*words*
I know about the engine difference making the displayed "traverse speed" stat wholly unreliable (loving lol @ Luchs only having 33 degrees/s), but I was talking about the terrain resistance values, i.e the "hidden multiplier" you mentioned. According to tanks.gg those values are a lot better on the Bromwell.
Of course they might've just gotten those wrong too. If someone has actually run conclusive tests then I'll trust those rather than some website.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

I'm not sure I understand this hit, I was playing T8 arty firing HE. I guess it counted as blocked because it splashed but not enough to damage a module?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

kemikalkadet posted:

I'm not sure I understand this hit, I was playing T8 arty firing HE. I guess it counted as blocked because it splashed but not enough to damage a module?

Did he bounce off of you?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Yeah that bit means YOUR use of armor against the enemy. So that E25 bounced a shot off you at some point.

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:
Oh of course it does i'm dumb

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
An enemy T-62A from [SOLID] raged at me last night for yoloing him in a game that was 9-6 with our team in the lead and at a 75% cap. Gauging kills and enemy positioning via the mini-map, he was the best positioned and performing player on his team. Now I don't run XVM, but apparently focusing enemy players based on clan tags or general match performance is a toxic mentality? Sorry, not sorry. You're a bigger threat than that WT.Ausf.IV or E-100 sitting in a useless position back in the corner.

I'll take down a good player in a bad tank sooner than I will a bad player in a good tank. For example; more often than not, a guy from [VILIN] in a MT-25 is a much bigger threat than a guy from [VET1] in a JPanther II. Guess who gets the bullet?

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

RanKizama posted:

An enemy T-62A from [SOLID] raged at me last night for yoloing him in a game that was 9-6 with our team in the lead and at a 75% cap. Gauging kills and enemy positioning via the mini-map, he was the best positioned and performing player on his team. Now I don't run XVM, but apparently focusing enemy players based on clan tags or general match performance is a toxic mentality? Sorry, not sorry. You're a bigger threat than that WT.Ausf.IV or E-100 sitting in a useless position back in the corner.

I'll take down a good player in a bad tank sooner than I will a bad player in a good tank. For example; more often than not, a guy from [VILIN] in a MT-25 is a much bigger threat than a guy from [VET1] in a JPanther II. Guess who gets the bullet?

Someone should TK you. You obviously do not know how to pix tanks right.

ps. sarcasm

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

RanKizama posted:

The 30k game tomato top heavy on your team.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Any tips on how to use the Indien Panzer?

I'm just getting chewed up. Hull down isn't working so great either.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Missing Name posted:

The 30k game tomato top heavy on your team.
The 38 WN8 Hellcat trying to push the M44 you're driving out of the bush you're hiding in because he likes it more than the bushes he could actually shoot the enemy from.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

de_dust posted:

Try to get out of it ASAP.

Also, stay back and use your teammates as bait.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

de_dust posted:

You have to play very conservatively. Find ambush spots and run away if things don't go your way. Snipe (lol good luck). Abuse terrain. Camp hard. Only brawl against bads. Remember, you're not in a tank that can carry, so don't try.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

RanKizama posted:

goonly support for your excellent decision here is totally unanimous by definition. I'm sorry you got so berated you felt you had to post about this, seriously. This conduct should absolutely not be questioned. If you recall the name we can follow your example.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

I was pretty aggressive in the IndPz and carried more than a few matches :coal:

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anything's possible :gifttank:

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Terrorist Fistbump posted:

Anything's possible :gifttank:
is that smily meant to look like the revalorise? I've always wondered.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

stephenfry posted:

goonly support for your excellent decision here is totally unanimous by definition. I'm sorry you got so berated you felt you had to post about this, seriously. This conduct should absolutely not be questioned. If you recall the name we can follow your example.
I just want to be accepted by all the cool kids so I can sit at their table and pretend like I know how clan wars works.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

RanKizama posted:

I just want to be accepted by all the cool kids so I can sit at their table and pretend like I know how clan wars works.
your recent posting in this thread, this conversation aside, has portrayed you as a solid unicum. So in the context of pixelspergtanks I think you are the cool kids already. The cooler kids know even WG has no idea how clan wars works and doesn't care so you're ahead there too. If you have already begun to defect to AW my reading of the cultural capital has you as pretty much equal coolest with Polka.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

de_dust posted:

Wait for next patch where the Indien and PTA get heavily buffed.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Hellsau posted:

Wait for next patch where the Indien and PTA get heavily buffed.

They'll still be mediocre.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
I'm still a bit mad the WG intro video for the IP went on and on about how amazingly well armoured it is :argh:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Darkrenown posted:

I'm still a bit mad the WG intro video for the IP went on and on about how amazingly well armoured it is :argh:

You should go down there and teach them a thing or two about game development.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Infected posted:

They'll still be mediocre.

Mediocre would be better than the bad they currently are.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

McGavin posted:

You should go down there and teach them a thing or two about game development.

Toxic environment. Might get developer cancer if he did that.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

RanKizama posted:

I'll take down a good player in a bad tank sooner than I will a bad player in a good tank.

:mad:

Mesadoram posted:

Try to get out of it ASAP.

Also, stay back and use your teammates as bait.

Whaaaat? The Ipz was great when brosef and I played through it.

I mean besides the horrible gun handling, terrible traverse, sluggish acceleration, high profile, vulnerable crew, and inability to brawl. It does have democracy slopes and gun depression though!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Green Dam posted:

:mad:

Whaaaat? The Ipz was great when brosef and I played through it.

I mean besides the horrible gun handling, terrible traverse, sluggish acceleration, high profile, vulnerable crew, and inability to brawl. It does have democracy slopes and gun depression though!

I'll give you that, it bounces poo poo that it has NO right to.

Bullshitium is the greatest armor type in this game, shame only a few tanks have it.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

Hellsau posted:

I think there was an IS-6 rental a while ago, and the lovely tier 7 Bad Prince FV was a week long rental, but these 2 day rentals are pretty sweet. We get to play premium tanks and find out that I never want to play this loving Scorpion ever again.

I wonder if you could wait a month or so tell support you want to use an exception to get your Scorpion back because you rage-sold it, and to check your service record for proof of ownership.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

stephenfry posted:

your recent posting in this thread, this conversation aside, has portrayed you as a solid unicum. So in the context of pixelspergtanks I think you are the cool kids already. The cooler kids know even WG has no idea how clan wars works and doesn't care so you're ahead there too. If you have already begun to defect to AW my reading of the cultural capital has you as pretty much equal coolest with Polka.
I don't care for AW or WT Ground Forces.

Heh

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Oct 21, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

quote:

- According to statistics, the winrate of HD T110E5 skyrocketed on RU server from 49 percent to 52,6 percent, it's possible it will be nerfed, developers will have a look at it

Wait so making the "weakspot" cupola on the E5 only penetrable by gold ammo, and the lower plate basically armored with magic, and making the front difficult to pen even with gold ammo by tier 8 tanks turned out to be a slight overbuff? Strange.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Oct 21, 2015

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Wait so making the "weakspot" cupola on the E5 only penetrable by gold ammo, and the lower plate basically armored with magic, and making the front difficult to pen even with gold ammo by tier 8 tanks turned out to be a slight overbuff? Strange.

Watch them nerf it by reducing its terrain resistance or increasing its gun bloom.

stephenfry
Nov 3, 2009

I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.
I AM AN IDIOT.

Dvsilverwing posted:

I wonder if you could wait a month or so tell support you want to use an exception to get your Scorpion back because you rage-sold it, and to check your service record for proof of ownership.
You can use exceptions for multiple tanks. Do the Pz B2, the Ram II and the M56 Scorpion simultaneously.

RanKizama posted:

I don't care for AWA Ground Forces even if the M3 Lee (best tonk) is "overpowered" on that game. So I guess I'll just have to settle with being "kinda cool" rather than "Fonzy cool". :(

Heh
the m3 lee is in WT ground forces, not in Armored Warfare

yet

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

stephenfry posted:

the m3 lee is in WT ground forces, not in Armored Warfare

yet
Whoops, got my games mixed up. Fixed my post. Thanks.

AW is pretty awful too though.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

Watch them nerf it by reducing its terrain resistance or increasing its gun bloom.

I don't see how making it faster or more accurate while snapshotting would nerf it.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I meant increasing its terrain resistance and despite all the jokes about "snapshot meta" increasing gun bloom does not actually make snapshots more accurate.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

I meant increasing its terrain resistance and despite all the jokes about "snapshot meta" increasing gun bloom does not actually make snapshots more accurate.

Dunno my O-I seems more accurate than my JPanther.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Dunno my O-I seems more accurate than my JPanther.

Confirmation bias.

Exia00
Feb 13, 2014

When in doubt.... C4
So this happened we found ZL's brother.

My job is complete.

Exia00 fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Oct 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

After spending weeks trying to get HT-12, I finished HT-13 to HT-15 in one night.