Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yronic heroism
Oct 31, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so Bibi the rear end in a top hat is trying to horrificaly twist Functionalism holocaust theory so he can go ethic cleanse people. what an rear end in a top hat. su amin was a rear end in a top hat who kissed nazi rear end and hated the jews and tried to keep them from emigrating to palistine and probaly knew the holocaust was going on. But its bullshit that he in any way gave hitler or the nazis the idea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Functionalism_versus_intentionalism
heres what functionalism is. personally, i am in between. its basically an argument between holocaust historians on how much the holocaust was planned out and how it was originally started an when.

Everyone has bibi pegged as an rear end in a top hat, but he's probably the last person I'd guess as being a functionalist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
So here I was, stewing over more personal stuff today, and instead now I'm honestly worried that I need to brush up on my Fallout skills for November 4th. Thanks, thread.

Also the Bibi stuff is insane, but my question about it was more suited to the I/P thread. I have to wonder just how much this will make him politically toxic here in the States, though, and whether many Dems will openly denounce what he said.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

yronic heroism posted:

Everyone has bibi pegged as an rear end in a top hat, but he's probably the last person I'd guess as being a functionalist.

me too, but then again he is using the millions of deaths as bloody shirt against people who had nothing to do with it.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
We will never stop kneejerk supporting israel, and that means Netanyahu. I can barely have a conversation with moderate dems about that idea. Supporting israel is woven into the American psyche as one of our big hero moments. We rescued the jews from the nazis and now we keep them safe in israel.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
The rose garden is a legit nice place.

FilthIncarnate
Aug 13, 2007

Weird owl has life all figured out

Popular Thug Drink posted:

yeah but how does chuck j become the rumored floorshitter

like, in all my years and with all the people i've upset, nobody has ever accused me of crapping on a floor let alone a critical mass of others finding this to be plausible let alone probable

CJ lived next door to the dude in question for a while and has historically always been mad unlikeable :shrug:

It's probably poetic justice that he has no respect for journalistic accuracy but has had his own name dragged through the mud based on faulty reporting tho

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

me too, but then again he is using the millions of deaths as bloody shirt against people who had nothing to do with it.

I'm starting to think that his (and Israel in general's) constant use of the holocaust to bludgeon critics will lead to people not giving a gently caress about it anymore. Especially as more and more of that generation die off.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It would take a severe shift in how the US media reports the Israel/Palestinian conflict before people started to think about that critically.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Talmonis posted:

I'm starting to think that his (and Israel in general's) constant use of the holocaust to bludgeon critics will lead to people not giving a gently caress about it anymore. Especially as more and more of that generation die off.

its already happening/nd.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Dem polling should be more accurate now that they won't ask about Biden (and Webb) anymore, right?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

gradenko_2000 posted:

Dem polling should be more accurate now that they won't ask about Biden (and Webb) anymore, right?

I am guessing that they're still going to be asking about Biden in a week.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Absurd Alhazred posted:

My uncle's anonymous friend said Joe is still considering running, and may make a change of announcement within 48 hours.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It should take a week or so for the polls to sort out without him, though a number of polls were asking without Biden and iirc Hillary led those around 65-26-ish

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

Talmonis posted:

Check out this 2014 survey over the Israel-Hamas conflict and look at the 18-29 vs the 65+ age bracket. Support for Israel deteriorates rapidly in the younger generations.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Peztopiary posted:

Joe shouldn't announce and he should shut his mouth before he shits the rest of the goodwill the base has offered him down his leg.

Most people don't have a dumb cult of Biden view like a bunch of D&D goons do. The only thing Biden would have going for him is "current VP" and Clinton's still got a better shot than Joe "I say stupid poo poo constantly" Biden.

Inglonias posted:

Yeah, but I don't like Fallout, so...

What kind of broken person doesn't like the Fallout games*? :mad:

* we're going to pretend Tactics and Brotherhood of Steel never existed.

JosefStalinator posted:

My uncle's anonymous friend said Joe is still considering running, and may make a change of announcement within 48 hours.

Why would someone at Nintendo be privy to this kind of information?

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
At this point, even if he changed his mind tomorrow, it is far too late for Biden to mount a credible campaign, he needed to get in several months ago. Money isn't everything, but you need to have some cash, he's got no organization, and no time to build either.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Evil Fluffy posted:

* we're going to pretend Tactics and Brotherhood of Steel never existed.

What kind of person doesn't like Fallout Tactics?!

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Northjayhawk posted:

At this point, even if he changed his mind tomorrow, it is far too late for Biden to mount a credible campaign, he needed to get in several months ago. Money isn't everything, but you need to have some cash, he's got no organization, and no time to build either.

The only people still saying he's hedging are absolute morons.

ALSO

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/21/politics/house-speaker-election-leadership-paul-ryan/index.html

:circlefap:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Fallout was cool until I realized it was a buggy broken mess with horrible gameplay mechanics like all Bethesda games and not something I would ever ever want in real life

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

a shameful boehner posted:

Fallout was cool until I realized it was a buggy broken mess with horrible gameplay mechanics like all Bethesda games and not something I would ever ever want in real life

Fallout 4 is livejournal approved. You will face their wrath if you do not enjoy and praise the game.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I quite enjoyed Fallout 3 and New Vegas and dumped hours and hours into each game.

But I would not wish that scenario on America.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Nonsense posted:

Fallout 4 is livejournal approved. You will face their wrath if you do not enjoy and praise the game.

Do people still have Livejournals? I don't think that I've seen one since 2003.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

GRRM does.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Zeroisanumber posted:

Writing 'tumblr' is uncouth and attracts brutes.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Northjayhawk posted:

Besides all that though:

First two weeks of November come the first two deadlines for getting on the Democratic Primary ballot in states: Arkansas and Arizona on the 9th. Not being able to be on all the ballots would be a major blow.

Next really big deadline would be December 30th, which if missed locks him out of 16 whole states. After that point, he'd need the majority of the delegates in all remaining states to win.

And the big one is February 1st. If he misses that he will have missed so many possible delegates that it is impossible for him to win. Here's the first 27 Democrat deadlines in case you're curious:

So expect the media to still say HE JUST MIGHT JUMP IN! until February 1st I guess!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

GRRM writes his book on an operating system that was made in, like, 1987. I expect him to be a fossil and to faff about on Livejournal.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Northjayhawk posted:

Even if Biden was seriously considering running until recently, I imagine the backlash he got from his idiotic comments yesterday brought him back down to reality.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Wait I'm unclear on the Holocaust statement was that the Prime Minister of Israel stating that Palestinians talked to the German government and that was what started the Final Solution?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Did Biden not want to do the raid on OBL because he was afraid we were sending those men to die on a hunch or something?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Hollismason posted:

Wait I'm unclear on the Holocaust statement was that the Prime Minister of Israel stating that Palestinians talked to the German government and that was what started the Final Solution?

Yes.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Hollismason posted:

He's claiming Hitler only wanted to deport the Jews until those wicked Palestinians convinced him he should kill them all instead.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Yes . He said it publicly too.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Nonsense posted:

Did Biden not want to do the raid on OBL because he was afraid we were sending those men to die on a hunch or something?

If I remember correctly, he advised caution because it was a very dangerous mission and if it went badly, no less than Obama's presidency would be a stake. And additionally, we were doing it without telling the Pakistani government we were doing it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I don't know how that explains you know the other 6 million people who were murdered along with the 6 million Jews.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
If that is what Bibi Actually Believes, that explains so much.

euphronius posted:

I don't know how that explains you know the other 6 million people who were murdered along with the 6 million Jews.

Well, when these boys get that syrup in 'em, they get all antsy in their pantsy

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

If I remember correctly, he advised caution because it was a very dangerous mission and if it went badly, no less than Obama's presidency would be a stake. And additionally, we were doing it without telling the Pakistani government we were doing it.

Additionally, in 2007 at one of the debates Obama was the only candidate on stage that said he would go into Pakistan unilaterally to get Bin Laden. Biden was his fiercest critic at that debate. Obama was also heavily criticized in the press for his statement. Then he proceeded to do just that in 2011 and suddenly all of the critics are silent / want to take credit.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

euphronius posted:

Once the Palestinians corrupted the tragically misguided Fuhrer with their dark bloodlust, there was just no sating him.

...sadly I would not be at all surprised if Bibi actually believed this.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Wow that's literally insane.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Rhesus Pieces posted:

There should be a special place in hell for civilians who buy retired police Crown Vics and drive them with the black steel wheels and spotlight still attached.

I looked at getting one and doing exactly that. But since they are all 8 cylinders the long run gas cost made them a worse value than the car I got.

But making the people in Indiana who can't drive (all of them) not want to blunder all over the road around me would have been nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

2001 Aumf definitely covered that operation.

• Locked thread