Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah she kinda does. Wonder if she has any relation to Code Talker at all.

They are Vulcan Raven's parents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

Quiet is voiced by Stefanie Joosten and is also practically a 3D recreation of her. She's a Dutch model who's probably never set foot in America before Konami got ahold of her and you guys think she looks Navajo?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

CharlieWhiskey posted:

They are Vulcan Raven's parents

1) Vulcan Raven was Inuit
2) Ewwwwwwww

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474
Jan 12, 2006

eat your vegetables dot com

Gammatron 64 posted:

1) Vulcan Raven was Inuit
2) Ewwwwwwww

:thejoke:

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Colapops posted:

Quiet is voiced by Stefanie Joosten and is also practically a 3D recreation of her. She's a Dutch model who's probably never set foot in America before Konami got ahold of her and you guys think she looks Navajo?

No, not really, I'm personally making absurdist claims left, right, and center.

Is your roommate Bender from Futurama? Because you're all bent out of shape

I bet she's been to the US and A

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Reminder that besides Snake and probably Code Talker? Everyone hated Quiet. Even at the end.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I did think Quiet was kinda creepy at first, what with that humming and with her pointing that laser beam in your direction.

You'd think at least a couple dudes would be like "drat son, that weirdo lady has some bomb rear end titties though" but then again, she did totally shove a knife down a guy's mouth so I'd be pretty wary of her after that.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Gammatron 64 posted:

I did think Quiet was kinda creepy at first, what with that humming and with her pointing that laser beam in your direction.

You'd think at least a couple dudes would be like "drat son, that weirdo lady has some bomb rear end titties though" but then again, she did totally shove a knife down a guy's mouth so I'd be pretty wary of her after that.

I mean, a couple of them are pretty happy to watch her shower, so I'd say that counts...

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

she did it in a sexy way. she sexily strangled Venom in the prologue and he fell in love with her, and so did I.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
silent senorita sexily strangled stubborn pseudo snake

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
I doubt she's navajo because I'm 90% sure she's Paz with boobs and vamp nanites. That's why Kaz was all KILL HER SHE'S WITH CIPHER! before they even interrogated her. The game even gives you a Paz humming tape for no reason besides presumably to 'prove' they're different people. And she's Ishmael.

She's also the nurse who sees you wake up (that distinctive SJ eyebrow acting), placed there by Zero. He talks to her on the "Zero visits Snake" tape: the game disguises her voice but when he tells someone to leave you can tell it's male footsteps that leave (ie the doctor, not the nurse). Meanwhile when Ishmael is in the parking lot scoring an ambulance, it sounds like he's wearing heels. Ishmael takes a lot of abuse because you both already have nanomachines: you actually see this in third person when the helicopter kills a nurse and the patient she's assisting at the window. The two of you were in the same position at the same window earlier and you get a low health warning for no reason. (People have pointed out how you seem to teleport around the hospital's floor plan; you're seeing a real fractured version of reality. Also on the Zero/Snake tape you can hear sci-fi doors that don't really match the hospital but fit motherbase, and the weird red fire alarm things on the walls are the same as those in the "QUARANTIN" facility. So basically the whole game is an onion of bullshit)

After you have an accurate flashback of the ground zeroes incident (it's the only time in the game where you see a green starboard light, also the longest depiction you ever see, I'm talking about the one where the explosion is from an RPG), the "game" is forced to produce a bunch of fake Paz Diary tapes that eventually tell you you're crazy for thinking she's alive. One big difference between these tapes and the PW/GZ version is they don't mention the deep dive training she received for her mission and used to fake her death in nearly this exact way just a couple months earlier. There was no second bomb, that's dumb; they had to put organs on ice in order to fit the first one.

diamond dog fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Oct 22, 2015

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
Paz is a clone of The Boss

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

CharlieWhiskey posted:

Paz is a clone of The Boss

You can tell because they both have stomach scars.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

diamond dog posted:

I doubt she's navajo because I'm 90% sure she's Paz with boobs and vamp nanites. That's why Kaz was all KILL HER SHE'S WITH CIPHER! before they even interrogated her. The game even gives you a Paz humming tape for no reason besides presumably to 'prove' they're different people. And she's Ishmael.

She's also the nurse who sees you wake up (that distinctive SJ eyebrow acting), placed there by Zero. He talks to her on the "Zero visits Snake" tape: the game disguises her voice but when he tells someone to leave you can tell it's male footsteps that leave (ie the doctor, not the nurse). Meanwhile when Ishmael is in the parking lot scoring an ambulance, it sounds like he's wearing heels. Ishmael takes a lot of abuse because you both already have nanomachines: you actually see this in third person when the helicopter kills a nurse and the patient she's assisting at the window. The two of you were in the same position at the same window earlier and you get a low health warning for no reason. (People have pointed out how you seem to teleport around the hospital's floor plan; you're seeing a real fractured version of reality. Also on the Zero/Snake tape you can hear sci-fi doors that don't really match the hospital but fit motherbase, and the weird red fire alarm things on the walls are the same as those in the "QUARANTIN" facility. So basically the whole game is an onion of bullshit)

After you have an accurate flashback of the ground zeroes incident (it's the only time in the game where you see a green starboard light, also the longest depiction you ever see, I'm talking about the one where the explosion is from an RPG), the "game" is forced to produce a bunch of fake Paz Diary tapes that eventually tell you you're crazy for thinking she's alive. One big difference between these tapes and the PW/GZ version is they don't mention the deep dive training she received for her mission and used to fake her death in nearly this exact way just a couple months earlier. There was no second bomb, that's dumb; they had to put organs on ice in order to fit the first one.

Pequod is the pilot.

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
Pequod is a robot and the ACC is inside Otacon's giant plane thing.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I like that they have a whaling boat but it would be too on the nose to call it Pequod, so they call their chopper that instead.

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
I hope the 'whale noise' you hear all over africa turns out to be an evangelion

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
So what's Code Talkers parasite powers ? Talking really slow? Rambling? Intense cravings for Hamburgers?

"You must understand...Kazuhira...When I was a young man...you could get a hamburger for a nickel...now these nickels...they were not the nickels you are familiar...they had a bee on them...when a Di'neh went to go trade for a hamburger with the white man...he would wear an onion on his belt...which was the style at the time..."

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Panfilo posted:

So what's Code Talkers parasite powers ? Talking really slow? Rambling? Intense cravings for Hamburgers?

"You must understand...Kazuhira...When I was a young man...you could get a hamburger for a nickel...now these nickels...they were not the nickels you are familiar...they had a bee on them...when a Di'neh went to go trade for a hamburger with the white man...he would wear an onion on his belt...which was the style at the time..."

He can suddenly make candles very important and then make them irrelevant completely forever

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
"They would do this because we Dineh could not afford even onions... By wearing them on their belts they were asserting their dominance. Dietary dominance is an integral part of the natural world. Organism that are able to eat more have a larger share of the super-organism... than organism that eat less... In this way the White Man... was taking away the Dineh claim on our niche in society the same way that a bacteria consumes all resources required for competing bacteria to survive. And that is why a burger must always have onion..."

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Snak posted:

You can tell because they both have stomach scars.

actually, paz's texture file does include the boss's snake scar, i mean it's for double useage for this boss sneaking suit BUT STILL. :|

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Why does Quiet's face do the thing where it gets dark around her eyes? Why did she let herself get captured by the Russians?

These are my questions about MGSV:TPP thank you in advance.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
The parasites are smart enough to provide Quiet instant eye black in times of conflict. She was captured by the Russians because you needed to have the finale set in the location that had Maneater on the radio.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Quiet probably got ambushed and overwhelmed by those Russians. She may be superhuman, but she's only one human. She doesn't really fare so well against several armed soldiers that know her location and are prepared to deal with her.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 13 days!
Someone snuck above her and dropped a box on her head.

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
Maybe she got caught on purpose and then you hosed up whatever she was planning by being a dumbshit that keeps turning your back on the enemy.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

zelah posted:

Why does Quiet's face do the thing where it gets dark around her eyes? Why did she let herself get captured by the Russians?

Someone played her like a drat fiddle

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
I think I figured out what the "missing link" is: Venom is Kaz, and Zero calls you Jack, so Kaz is Raiden, lol. He did it again!

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

zelah posted:

black light absorbing stuff around the eyes cuts down on glare, lets a sniper be more accurate, so it's a parasite thing to help her snipe like the invisibility

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

diamond dog posted:

I think I figured out what the "missing link" is: Venom is Kaz, and Zero calls you Jack, so Kaz is Raiden, lol. He did it again!

Nah. I already figured it out a while ago. Venom is Raiden. They both have the same name, as evidenced by the MSF photo and Raiden's dogtags.

Hobo By Design
Mar 17, 2009

Hobo By Intent or Robo Hobo?
Ramrod XTreme

:toot:

Did a fun FOB defense today. I ran around with nocto for a few minutes wondering where he was, iDroid said he was on a bridge so I investigated under and went face-first into a bunch of C4. He was slow so I immediately retreated to a nearby AA gun, scared him out, and it turned into a battle where he was using a underbarrel grenade launcher while I was chucking grenades at him from cover. As soon as the guards start coming in I throw a sleep grenade at him and shotgun guards took him out during naptime.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
With The Boss' sneaking suit, can you tactically flop out one titty

Asking for a friend

Colapops
Nov 21, 2007

I actually bought the Boss sneaking suit and when selecting it my game soft locks and won't proceed past the loadout selection screen. :^)

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

diamond dog posted:

You're putting me in mind of the old batman 60's show

yes paz stands for peace as does kaz......they both rhyme....rhyme rhymes with...TIME! Yes! and what is time? time is abstract therefore.......KOJIMA!

diamond dog
Jul 27, 2010

by merry exmarx
But I'm not rhyming things, everything I mentioned is real evidence in the game and you can check it out yourself. You find a photo of you (Kaz) and Paz and it triggers the memory of her survival: https://youtu.be/2esGcZk2yRw?t=129 then a bunch of effort is dedicated to convincing you it's not true. But the green light is significant. If every starboard light were blue it'd be a stylistic choice but the presence of one green one at a pivotal moment says it's not.

I take back what I said about there not being a second bomb. This memory shows medic's pro fisting skills I guess. Anyway Ground Zeroes is VR and everything in TPP is lying to you.

I thought Ocelot was behind it at first but then I realised that bullshit defamatory shower scene is anime as hell.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Nah. I already figured it out a while ago. Venom is Raiden. They both have the same name, as evidenced by the MSF photo and Raiden's dogtags.

Tell me about your evidence so I can add it to mine because we agree. Venom is Raiden but he's also Kaz which means Kaz is Raiden (and V is the missing link).

Edit: do you just mean the name entry gimmick is the same as MGS2? Cause yeah totes.

diamond dog fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Oct 23, 2015

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

zelah posted:

Why does Quiet's face do the thing where it gets dark around her eyes?

Because it looks cool.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

zelah posted:

Real answer: While Kojima thought it looked cool, he probably also thought of it like athletes blacking out their eyes. Supposedly it increases contrast and reduces glare around the eyes, making it easier to track things. Also it looks like war paint. This has been your real answer in the Metal Gear thread.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

zelah posted:

Because she needs a reason to have a butterfly motif and it vaguely looks like one

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
But why did Code Talker also get the black poo poo around his eyes? How much sniping was he doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Shoren posted:

But why did Code Talker also get the black poo poo around his eyes? How much sniping was he doing?

Well he did extract VOCAL CHORD PARASITES from noted legendary sniper The End so...

• Locked thread