Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to drop my Blue Story gifs here for posterity. The backstory is that an idiot named Blue Story posted for budget advice in BFC, where goons quickly learned she and her husband are basically large children that eat almost exclusively fast food (literally said boiling water is too taxing), spend all their money on Star Wars and pop culture "merch," cheerfully ignore all reasonable advice, and are pregnant with their first child. I took it upon myself to learn GIMP and make fun of idiots.

Excerpts from Blue Story's insane ramblings:

quote:

1) Husband has oral allergy syndrome. This means that when he consumes raw produce his mouth breaks out. Depending on the produce and the amount consumed, his throat could close up and kill him. Over the years he has grown suspicious of whether or not produce is sufficiently cooked, and is naturally reluctant. If he were to chop up some fruits or veggies his hands would break out. I have to eat oranges with the windows open because the stuff that releases in the air when you peel it bothers him. This is a real issue and not some made-up aversion to fruits and vegetables. He does trust me to prepare produce for him, we have experimented with that before and on his birthdays I usually prepare fruit smoothies for him, cooking the fruit just enough and with me taste-testing until I can be sure the offending enzymes are gone.

5) We enable each other about food. If I ask him to get me a Big Mac he smiles and goes out and brings me a Big Mac! If I want a salad I find a place that prepares what I want that also has a non-produce option for him. I can send him anywhere for anything and he will go. Says he really doesn't mind. We are terribly enabling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
:psyboom:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Don't even McDonalds burgers have lettuce and tomatoes and poo poo on them ?? How can one be allergic to "any veggie that isn't in fast food form" ???

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

uwaeve posted:

I'm going to drop my Blue Story gifs here for posterity. The backstory is that an idiot named Blue Story posted for budget advice in BFC, where goons quickly learned she and her husband are basically large children that eat almost exclusively fast food (literally said boiling water is too taxing), spend all their money on Star Wars and pop culture "merch," cheerfully ignore all reasonable advice, and are pregnant with their first child. I took it upon myself to learn GIMP and make fun of idiots.

Wow, thread please

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Baronjutter posted:

Don't even McDonalds burgers have lettuce and tomatoes and poo poo on them ?? How can one be allergic to "any veggie that isn't in fast food form" ???

Here let me zoom in on the part that may be slightly less than 100% factual:

quote:

This is a real issue and not some made-up aversion to fruits and vegetables.

ElGroucho posted:

Wow, thread please

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3722319&perpage=40&pagenumber=158

Currently in GWS, it's sort of a slog.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I skipped over the explanation for that post initially and was really confused.

I'm glad went back and read it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Aren't you the guitarist for the feed dogs?

uwaeve posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3722319&perpage=40&pagenumber=158

Decided to look into it to see how much bs it was. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_allergy_syndrome it actually seems to be a pollen allergy. Still skeptical but some quick googling doesn't really find anything trying to say it's false or not, so I don't know. Not a ton of information (more sources would be nice) on the wiki page either. I guess the mcdonalds stuff wouldn't bother him as much because it's heavily processed.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

New Dredd movie is looking pretty low-fi. I like it.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Apocadall posted:

Decided to look into it to see how much bs it was. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_allergy_syndrome it actually seems to be a pollen allergy. Still skeptical but some quick googling doesn't really find anything trying to say it's false or not, so I don't know. Not a ton of information (more sources would be nice) on the wiki page either. I guess the mcdonalds stuff wouldn't bother him as much because it's heavily processed.

I can't eat some raw fruits, like apples or peaches, otherwise my mouth becomes inflamed. Cooking it though makes it fine to eat. So I mean yeah it's totally a real thing but A) those idiots are super lazy and B) I'd rather eat food that makes my mouth hurt then resort to McDonalds.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Pretty sure that's Hugo Weaving.

Goddammit now I can't unsee it.

HBomb
Sep 26, 2004

All aboard.
Anyone have the gif of Cat A batting Cat B's tail from above, causing Cat B to react by attacking Cat C behind him?

Edit: NVM, found it.

HBomb has a new favorite as of 22:04 on Oct 22, 2015

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I'm not calling the condition bullshit, but from some of the people with the condition that spoke up in the thread and the context, I'm saying the particular individual is a 42-year old with a four-year-old's approach to eating fruits and vegetables.

The GIFs aren't meant to make fun of anyone other than Blue Story and her garbage husband.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

YESSSS

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Well there went my afternoon. Jeezus

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Beware the fierce baloks of the northern wasteland.

Could you please give me a pile of ratmen, you beautiful bastard?

e: Beware the ratmen as they grow stronger as the moon grows fuller.

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 22:36 on Oct 22, 2015

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

uwaeve posted:

Oh wow, I'm glad I read into this too.

Now I get the reference of "Oh no, Blue Story" when I posted about a husband killing his wife over Star Wars toys in DnD.

"Getting" things after the fact is fun.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

wow i see what you guys were saying, the cgi in the prequels has aged awfully

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎
Hate to interrupt trashing on Blue Story & friends, but what's the source on this? Looks worth watching.

//edit: vvv thanks! vvv

Artemis J Brassnuts has a new favorite as of 01:49 on Oct 23, 2015

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

Hate to interrupt trashing on Blue Story & friends, but what's the source on this? Looks worth watching.

I believe it's the Todd Solondz movie Palindromes.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

http://i.imgur.com/ZNYNTZg.webm

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

http://i.imgur.com/KIUqEa9.gifv

source https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgIxDprhU_4

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

I remember playing that in high school. I worked out that the capturing animation always involved the last piece moved; that is to say, in a case of discovered checkmate (for instance, you move your bishop, which gives your queen the ability to checkmate), it's the bishop that does the actual capturing. Which means they do have an animation for 'king takes king'. I'll dig it up and post it.

In the meantime, it's time for another Movie In 40 Seconds!

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

//edit: vvv thanks! vvv

King Vidiot posted:

I believe it's the Todd Solondz movie Palindromes.

If you have not seen any Todd Solondz's movies before, I strongly suggest you don't start with Palindromes. Welcome To The Dollhouse or Happiness are a tad more accessible.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

York_M_Chan posted:

If you have not seen any Todd Solondz's movies before, I strongly suggest you don't start with Palindromes. Welcome To The Dollhouse or Happiness are a tad more accessible.

Saying Happiness is more accessible is sad, true, but sad.
Has he made a movie without a pedophile character?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I watched Storytelling and Palindromes and then decided that Todd Solondz is a negative creep and didn't watch any more :shrug:

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
http://i.imgur.com/Wh6CD8S.gifv

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pope lookin' spry

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

this terrified me as a little kid

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

http://i.imgur.com/tuv4Zgd.gifv

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

thats pretty cool but i dont know if its cool enough to go in freezing waters under an impenetrable sheet of ice for

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

tomstuart posted:

thats pretty cool but i dont know if its cool enough to go in freezing waters under an impenetrable sheet of ice for
Dry suits+sufficient insulation can keep you pretty warm for a while even in freezing water.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE :gay:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Apogee15 posted:

Dry suits+sufficient insulation can keep you pretty warm for a while even in freezing water.

Hey if that's the case then lets just get down and dick around for a while then cause why the gently caress not?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

He'll never get off the ground. :colbert:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumblefuck!
Jan 20, 2007

It continues to be that spooky time of year, so here are some gifs from one of my favorite Vincent Price films, The House on Haunted Hill

I love this gif so much;