Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

MrBlandAverage posted:

Yeah, this is my experience with FP-100C that's been sitting in the holder for a year.

Also the chemicals may be really runny so be careful of that and the print will be more light sensitive.

Examples of the color. (I think this was 3 or 4 years expired)

door by Nate Bolinger, on Flickr

mountains by Nate Bolinger, on Flickr

bird by Nate Bolinger, on Flickr

Whitezombi fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Sep 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Ah ok, well I definitely wouldn't be leaving it in there for a year, maybe a few weeks to a month, so it hopefully shouldn't be too bad.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!

alkanphel posted:

Ah ok, well I definitely wouldn't be leaving it in there for a year, maybe a few weeks to a month, so it hopefully shouldn't be too bad.

Shouldn't be an issue. Keep it cool and out of direct light.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Am I correct in assuming that I am SOL if I already have film loaded into my land camera when I go through TSA at the end of this week?

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

iSheep posted:

Am I correct in assuming that I am SOL if I already have film loaded into my land camera when I go through TSA at the end of this week?

You are fine.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Don't leave it in your checked bag though

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I'm bringing it with me onto the plane. I ask here because I've seen conflicting information online about if it can be x-rayed or not. If one pass through the carry on xray doesn't effect anything then I wont even worry about asking for a hand check.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Several passes through the carry-on x-ray should be fine.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Perfect, thanks!

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

iSheep posted:

I'm bringing it with me onto the plane. I ask here because I've seen conflicting information online about if it can be x-rayed or not. If one pass through the carry on xray doesn't effect anything then I wont even worry about asking for a hand check.

I've carried delta3200 with me to Vietnam and back. Just take it carry on and you are fine. Cosmic rays are a bigger concern.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

I'm done using painters tape for bleaching. It *always* gets under the negative. Scotch tape is next.

E: holy loving artifacts flickr

Chi by Paul Frederiksen, on Flickr

TheJeffers
Jan 31, 2007

75mm lenses and FP-100C on a 4x5 make for some fun times.

Untitled by TheJeffers, on Flickr

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

TheJeffers posted:

75mm lenses and FP-100C on a 4x5 make for some fun times.

That's rad.

TheJeffers
Jan 31, 2007

elgarbo posted:

That's rad.

Thanks! Another:

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

TheJeffers posted:

Thanks! Another:

Lovely shot Jeffers.

Anyways, vacation photos! Harpa in Reykjavik:

iceland fp-100c by Maciej, on Flickr

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Seal by Glenn Nielson, on Flickr

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

trampoline park on instax mini

TheJeffers
Jan 31, 2007

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Nice.

Untitled by Glenn Nielson, on Flickr

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

:mrgw:

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Desire to know more.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
is that instant 4x5

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Looks like it. Am I reading this right that there is only 5 exposures per box?

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Thoogsby posted:

is that instant 4x5

yep

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Desire to know more.

I gave the New55 Kickstarter 225 of my dollars. $15/shot isn't much more expensive than sealed late-dated Type 55 is on eBay these days, and it'll be much more likely to actually work.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

I like the idea of telling someone you're bringing your polaroid camera to their party and showing up with a Chamonix

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Also dumb guy question: If the speed is 3200 like it says on the box, why is it called FP-3000b and not 3200b?

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
I found what I think is a SX-70 for $5 and was wondering if it's worth grabbing for that price considering I'll have to use impossible film. The ad doesn't say SX-70 but I think I can tell from the photo :

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Buy it, if it is a SX-70 it'll sell for a lot more than $5 on eBay if you realise you don't want to use it.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
Yeah looking at the different models some more, it looks like it might be an SX-70 model 2. Hopefully it's all in working order.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

It is an SX-70. In fact ALL Polaroid cameras that aren't in the 600 series OR Spectra series are SX-70s.

Non - folding. http://www.polamad.com/polaroidshop-SX70box.html

Folding. http://www.polamad.com/polaroidshop-SX70.html

If you open it up it will say exactly what it is on the front.

If it works it is worth about $50-100 depending on the condition. If it doesn't work let me know and I can give you info on what to do.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
I missed out on the SX-70. Called them and said I could pick it up the next day. Called back the next day and they told me it was already sold, mistakenly to somebody else they thought was me.

But I did find this: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-camera-camcorder-lens/edmonton/vintage-1969-polaroid-land-camera/1115967059?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true :pwn:

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I was visiting my grandparents while on vacation and my grandmother had this Polaroid Impulse AF sitting in the closet. She used to do local business promotions, grand openings etc, and had it for taking pictures of kids sitting on Santa's lap or something like that. So the thing is in pretty good condition. It had a film pack still in it and the flash fired even which I didn't expect. The film was old though so the exposures were sticking to each other and useless. The other couple unopened packs ended up with corroded battery leads so I didn't get to test it out but it looks good mechanically.

Only thing is that the Impossible film options are stupidly expensive. I might pick up a pack off amazon just to test it out at thanksgiving, but otherwise I don't know if I will use it much unless some alternative comes around or the film goes on sale.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

JHVH-1 posted:

stupidly expensive

welcome to film

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Grimey Drawer
If you want to shoot more reasonably priced instant film, get a vintage polaroid land camera that takes pack film. Fuji FP-100c is about $0.90/shot whereas Impossible film is around $2.75/shot as you probably already figured out. Plus, Impossible film is really finicky and you're likely to waste half the shots you take.

And they look way cooler

RIP if you're in :canada: though

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

BANME.sh posted:

If you want to shoot more reasonably priced instant film, get a vintage polaroid land camera that takes pack film. Fuji FP-100c is about $0.90/shot whereas Impossible film is around $2.75/shot as you probably already figured out. Plus, Impossible film is really finicky and you're likely to waste half the shots you take.

And they look way cooler

RIP if you're in :canada: though

The land cameras were what I was originally looking at when I first found this thread, and hoped to run into one. But hey, the camera was free and I rescued it from being sold off on eBay or something like that. I also checked out the brownie cameras my grandmother had and expressed interested in those so hopefully they don't disappear. They are pretty old, so I think she is more likely to hand those down.

Kinda stupid though impossible sells a 3 pack (of 8 exposures instead of the original polaroid 10 of course) for $69.99 which essentially saves you zero dollars.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Might as well raid my grandmother's photo stuff while I'm here for thanksgiving. I'm sure this is still good. (Aug 1980 expiration date).

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Did anyone go in for a Lomo'Instant Wide? I got the kit with the wide-angle and close-up lenses, but I'm not sure how to focus them.

The manual with the kit said the close-up has a set focus distance of 10cm, but is that with the camera's lens itself focused as close as possible? And the part for the wide-angle lens says to set the camera to 0.5m (even though it only goes down to 0.6m) to take pictures at 0.3m with the attachment, and at infinity for "normal" photography. So at one foot I'm focused as close as possible, and anything else I rack it out to infinity?

I don't know if I care for the lomo aesthetic/culture, but at least it's a more versatile camera than the Instax 300, which can't even turn off its flash.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

404notfound posted:

So at one foot I'm focused as close as possible, and anything else I rack it out to infinity?

Sounds like that's their suggested. Looking forward to seeing how the camera works for you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

404notfound posted:

Did anyone go in for a Lomo'Instant Wide? I got the kit with the wide-angle and close-up lenses, but I'm not sure how to focus them.

The manual with the kit said the close-up has a set focus distance of 10cm, but is that with the camera's lens itself focused as close as possible? And the part for the wide-angle lens says to set the camera to 0.5m (even though it only goes down to 0.6m) to take pictures at 0.3m with the attachment, and at infinity for "normal" photography. So at one foot I'm focused as close as possible, and anything else I rack it out to infinity?

I don't know if I care for the lomo aesthetic/culture, but at least it's a more versatile camera than the Instax 300, which can't even turn off its flash.

The design is actually more of what I would like. The fuji's are kinda big and goofy looking. If its any decent I might look at one of those later.

I went and bought some still overpriced film direct from impossible during their "black friday" sale which they extended into a cyber monday and now a holiday sale. There were some round frame packs for 50% off (discontinued I guess) and I picked up a double pack of B&W 2.0 formula just to try since I got the camera for free. They still charge 8 bucks shipping, and it shipped Friday with an deliver before date of next Tuesday. It would have been faster and cheaper to just ship it through USPS priority. The film you get on amazon isn't expired or anything, but they keep the new formula for their own site for some reason. So the test pack I got you still have to hide it in the dark for 30 minutes after you take it and all that garbage. The whole thing seems like they are taking advantage of people honestly. Like maybe it costs good money to develop these formulas, source the chemicals, improve the process etc. but why not try to bring down prices or be transparent. Plus why the hell keep selling the old formula to retailers without buyers having any idea?

• Locked thread