Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Ruggington posted:

on-perk lets you stun fp's with on contact grenades

this is cool and good then, even if the description is kind of uninteresting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

ponzicar posted:

So if you hit something with two different weapons, from different perks, how does the game decide which perk gets the experience? I ask because there have been several times when the experience from a Hans kill goes towards medic, despite me being a different perk, and doing most of my damage with that perk's weapons. Does healing and/or taking a few potshots with the medic pistol override everything else I did to Hans?

I don't know the exact mechanics but the xp is actually split. So if you're a Medic using, say, the Microwave Gun, and Hans has stepped into a couple medic grenade clouds and taken damage from that then when he dies it'll split those points between Medic and Firebug. I don't know if it's a straight 50/50 or 33/33/33 split depending on how many weapons are used but the game doesn't give the points to just one perk.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

SaffronKit posted:

this is cool and good then, even if the description is kind of uninteresting.

it would be real nice if it was listed as a feature of the perk because it is super clutch

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Ruggington posted:

it would be real nice if it was listed as a feature of the perk because it is super clutch

It really is. I didn't even bother trying demo in suicidal until I was able to do that because it's such a valuable tool.

Honestly a lot of demo's perks are hardly enough to warrant actually switching to demo rather than just carrying around a grenade or rocket launcher as an offperk.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Skoll posted:

I'm just gonna come out and say that Hans is not fun at all.

Revolver Bunker posted:

A good medic should be able to mitigate the gas with no problem as the game is right now. Medics past level 10 should also be able to repair partial armor. I did always find the gas attack odd since you can equip a gas mask on your character. Maybe call it an acid cloud or something.
Lots of chemical weapons work through the skin.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Oct 22, 2015

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Pull the handle, let it go, now you know you're ready to roll.

Gromit posted:

I think dead bodies can act as blockers as I get duds when I'm shooting low and crawler corpses seem to be to blame. This is especially bad if you upped the coolness level by increasing the corpse count.

it doesn't matter if you increased the corpse count or not. There seem to be invisible hitboxes that exist in the game as like theoretical corpse placeholders. I've got the corpse count up, and I've had rockets turn into duds where there's actually no corpse in front of me, where in the exact same spot a round prior I did not have the same issue. happens particularly in doorways and bottleneck type hallways.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Shumagorath posted:

Lots of chemical weapons work through the skin.

Also, gas masks are no guarantee and filters only work for one specific toxin.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Does the explosive resistance perk for the demo actually reduce all damage as the description suggests? Or just explosive damage as the perk name suggests? What counts as Zed explosive damage? Husk ranged attack? Bloat exploding?

Should I be taking the other perk instead?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

RiperSnifel posted:

it doesn't matter if you increased the corpse count or not. There seem to be invisible hitboxes that exist in the game as like theoretical corpse placeholders. I've got the corpse count up, and I've had rockets turn into duds where there's actually no corpse in front of me, where in the exact same spot a round prior I did not have the same issue. happens particularly in doorways and bottleneck type hallways.

The demo projectiles need to fly a cretain distance before the arm, you might be shooting from too close to the Zeds.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Away all Goats posted:

Does the explosive resistance perk for the demo actually reduce all damage as the description suggests? Or just explosive damage as the perk name suggests? What counts as Zed explosive damage? Husk ranged attack? Bloat exploding?

Should I be taking the other perk instead?

Just explosive damage. In the current game, that only applies to self-damage from your own explosives, and from Hans' non-gas grenades, which are probably the easiest to avoid attack any of the Zeds have in the entire game. Thanks to the minimum arming distance of RPGs and the grenade launcher being super long, you'll only ever blow yourself up with C4 or your contact grenades, so it isn't a very good perk.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Give demo more grenades. Let him carry RPG and grenade launcher together somehow. Fix the tier 1. Let their shots always explode on contact unless something is RIGHT in your face. Faster reloading. Make C4 easier and more practical to use, and let the Siren immunity perk apply to that.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

why does everyone want to kill themselves with their rockets

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Give demo more grenades. Let him carry RPG and grenade launcher together somehow. Fix the tier 1. Let their shots always explode on contact unless something is RIGHT in your face. Faster reloading. Make C4 easier and more practical to use, and let the Siren immunity perk apply to that.

Swap the weight carry perk from Support to Demo. Seconding making the C4 Siren-proof (at level)
(knowing Tripwire they would make them the same level so you would have to choose between the two of them :/)

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

siren immunity should not be a choice because there is literally nothing you could ever want more than that

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Give demo the class ability of having on-perk weapons weigh one less. There, solved demo mostly. (Extend this to the eviscerator on Berzerker as well so people might have areason to carry that as well.)

Give grenade back to support and replace it with a perk that reduces the fuse length needed by half (or more). There now you have a perk that makes another perk somewhat more attractive (The reduced explosive damage perk. Unless it is that perk that is the other side of the siren perk. Whatever that is, is hosed.)

Broose fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Oct 22, 2015

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Ruggington posted:

why does everyone want to kill themselves with their rockets

Because the minimum arming distance on the grenade launcher is something like 15 feet and it's absurd how often it just plinks uselessly against an enemy, and then you have to wait 10 seconds for the single shot reload. I'd rather explode.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The Demo gets explosives damage resistance for a reason. :v:

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

if a crowd is close enough to me i slam a grenade in their face

give me 10 grenades and don't stop me from making scrakes eat poo poo by bonking them with rockets

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
They eventually made "can't be grabbed" skill into a passive for berserker, they should make siren immunity a passive for demo since they already have gently caress all for passives as it is.

Also, here's an RPG suggestion. Give rockets an initial penetration value for the first couple of meters so that they can pass through light zeds/body part obstructions. You still have the threat of being mobbed if surrounded by all sides and there's still a need for proper aiming, but you no longer have the awful experience of a rocket bouncing off a clot/dismembered torso and falling to the ground like a :flaccid: dud followed by horns.aiff.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Speaking of gibs blocking shots, I wish that they wouldn't block even bullets. More than one time I've had shots blocked by flying crawler torsos during zed time, or crawlers using their dead brothers as meat shields. Very annoying.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I'd really like to see the talents be things that encourage different playstyles. Ignoring the total no-brainer choices, Commando has 20% more damage on semi-auto or 20% more damage on burst/full auto. First off, some of the weapons don't have semi/full auto, which is annoying. I don't really see why every weapon can't have all three settings. Anyway, I'd like to see the talents be something like "deal 20% more damage on semi-auto and reduce recoil by 40%" and "deal 20% more damage on burst/full auto and increase total ammo capacity by 25% for perk weapons." Give demo a talent choice like "gain 40% more explosive immunity and your explosives arm instantly" or "your explosives deal 5% more damage per yard traveled, up to 50% more damage" or something, I don't know.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
How about making rockets and nades pass through other players and not dud.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Kikas posted:

The demo projectiles need to fly a cretain distance before the arm, you might be shooting from too close to the Zeds.

I know. Maybe read the context of what I'm responding to before weighing in with a pro-tip. Thanks for helping.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Inside Out Mom posted:

How about making rockets and nades pass through other players and not dud.

does turning off player collision affect this? if not, it should

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Psion posted:

does turning off player collision affect this? if not, it should

and while they're at it, figure out a way to make them pass through dead zeds as well. So many problems solved!

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Scrake headshots with the RPG should do more damage. Come on, that's not easy to land.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

RiperSnifel posted:

and while they're at it, figure out a way to make them pass through dead zeds as well. So many problems solved!
Turn off all collision for demo projectiles. Let them fly through the map into infinity.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Scrake headshots with the RPG should do more damage. Come on, that's not easy to land.

is a three shot kill not enough

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Elysiume posted:

Turn off all collision for demo projectiles. Let them fly through the map into infinity.

I hope the sharpshooter final tier weapon is a railgun

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
While I'm expecting it to be something as boring as the Commando / Support weapons along the lines of M14/Enfield/PSG-1/M95 or XM500, a railgun would be a nice piece of design that so far only the Firebug's demonstrated. Maybe that's because no one uses man-portable flame weapons much these days and Tripwire had to whip out their artistic license.

On that note, please give the Demo an XM25. It's the most fun thing in Battlefield 4 and there it's a default weapon.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Away all Goats posted:

I hope the sharpshooter final tier weapon is a railgun

well we do have a section for lightning weapons

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

What would be really cool for Off Perk would be instead of doing 10% more damage, instead all the bullets become mini-explosives. Why yes I do want a shotgun/assault rifle that shoots explosive bullets at things things! :getin:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
New WWAUT, including 3 renders of the weapons for Gunslinger

They look nice. Also, apparently Flashlights will no longer be attached to guns and become a body accessory. Dunno how I feel with that, I really really like the way KF1 and KF2 handle flashlights when they are attached to guns, taking them off might remove a bit of this unique gunfeel.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

On the other hand, having to pull out your pistol as any class because crawlers are gnawing your legs off in the dark is a death sentence if there are any big bads around, or if you accidentally fat finger your flashlight button and slowly pull out your pistol as a scrake chainsaws your face.

I think it's cool and good and will be a great addition to the feel of the game.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

SaffronKit posted:

On the other hand, having to pull out your pistol as any class because crawlers are gnawing your legs off in the dark is a death sentence if there are any big bads around, or if you accidentally fat finger your flashlight button and slowly pull out your pistol as a scrake chainsaws your face.

I think it's cool and good and will be a great addition to the feel of the game.

It's a subtle buff to Support that lose flashlights as they move up the tree so if you're using a double-barrell and AA12 then your only flashlight is the friggin' pistol.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Kikas posted:

New WWAUT, including 3 renders of the weapons for Gunslinger

They look nice. Also, apparently Flashlights will no longer be attached to guns and become a body accessory. Dunno how I feel with that, I really really like the way KF1 and KF2 handle flashlights when they are attached to guns, taking them off might remove a bit of this unique gunfeel.

It's a great change; there has not been a single time, even in the catacombs map, where I would choose one gun over another because it has a flashlight.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Was away for a bit, been catching up with Firebug and Demo. Everybody talks about how good the boom-on-contact grenade perk is, but the first time I tried it I just kept hurting myself. At higher levels and with the explosive resistance perk does it drop things down enough so you can just facetank a group of zeds with dynamite and come out of it OK? Stack all that with the stumble perk and you could use your dynamite as a 5-shell supershotgun, stunning all heavys and punking on Sirens :happyelf:

Firebug is pretty cool and good. I just hit 15 last night and went right to instability or whatever, makes a huge difference in their ability to control an area. Now I can run up to a group of trash and more often than not blow them all up in a few seconds when one or two of them dies.

A few things that are still really bothering me: We need an icon or some other way to tell between Support supplier and Demo supplier, so I know if I'm about to get ammo or a grenade. and TW PLEASE make the (probably) easy code change and make supplier perks refresh at the END of Trader time, not that the beginning. The beginning of waves would also work.

And finally, an achievement suggestion. I feel like I'd be more like half way through this one by now

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
I'm totally fine with the flashlight becoming a body attachment; the deplete-able battery still means you can't just have it on all the time and negate the darkness.

Also those colts look soooo good, I may abandon firebug for gunslinger.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Fun fact: you can turn on nightvision (which sucks) and flashlight at the same time to ruin your battery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Require More Fire posted:

Also those colts look soooo good, I may abandon firebug for gunslinger.