Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Burn the Heretic. Kill the Zed. Purge the Pubbie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Takes No Damage posted:

Burn the Heretic. Kill the Zed. Purge the Pubbie.

Blood for the Blood God.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Really disappointed that there's only two revolvers there, instead of four revolvers. :colbert:

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Give demo more grenades. Let him carry RPG and grenade launcher together somehow. Fix the tier 1. Let their shots always explode on contact unless something is RIGHT in your face. Faster reloading. Make C4 easier and more practical to use, and let the Siren immunity perk apply to that.

In KF1 Demo got to carry more grenades as they leveled up, that would be a good thing for KF2.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
The engraving on the .500 zed collector says it's a .300. Am I missing some weird and obscure gun trivia or is that just a designer error?

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Really disappointed that there's only two revolvers there, instead of four revolvers. :colbert:

I like the M1911, but I'm not a big fan of the deagle. 3/4 ain't too bad though.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

glomkettle posted:

I like the M1911, but I'm not a big fan of the deagle.

Yeah, same here. Having the DEagle and S&W M500 in the game feels like there's weird overlap. I'm guessing the 1911 is T2, the DEagle T3 (sacrificing stopping power for reload/firing speed vs. T4) and the M500 is T4.

Wish we'd gotten a CZ 75 or something instead of DEagle if we weren't getting a third revolver.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

They could have made the M500 tier 3 and then added a plasma pistol for t4. Seems to work for Firebug, and you could add some sort of overcharge mechanic. Perhaps you would deal extra damage if you get consistent (head?)shots on enemies, helping you stay effective against the high-tier zeds.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
A Taurus Judge would also have been nice for T3, since they seem to be giving other perks a shotgun.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Mesadoram posted:

Blood for the Blood God.

Gibs* and Fluids* for the M.E.A.T. God

Also TW please make it so players don't consume ammo if they are already full on everything. And I think we can still 'use' supplier charges even with full ammo. Stop it.

Still sad that a Judge shell pistol isn't in there somewhere, if we're getting a .500 then dump the Deagle for something more interesting I M O.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:

Lemon Curdistan posted:

A Taurus Judge would also have been nice for T3, since they seem to be giving other perks a shotgun.

Do it tripwire, bring over the best gun from payday 2. :getin:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Chachi posted:

Do it tripwire, bring over the best gun from payday 2. :getin:

:allears:

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Takes No Damage posted:

Gibs* and Fluids* for the M.E.A.T. God

Also TW please make it so players don't consume ammo if they are already full on everything. And I think we can still 'use' supplier charges even with full ammo. Stop it.

Still sad that a Judge shell pistol isn't in there somewhere, if we're getting a .500 then dump the Deagle for something more interesting I M O.

Totally agreed. Deagles are lovely guns and it would be way cooler to have like Mateba's or something instead of lovely deagles.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

randombattle posted:

Totally agreed. Deagles are lovely guns and it would be way cooler to have like Mateba's or something instead of lovely deagles.

I am probably the only person who wants the 1911's as the Tier 1 (a Good Tier 1), instead of the pretty looking but likely awkward "because Tier 1" Remington. Then we could have the 1911, Desert Eagles, giant revolvers, and wacky shotgun pistols.

Hey people who actually know things about guns. What's another cool strong not revolver aside from the Deagle? Revolvers are sweet and all but it feels like in videogames, outside of Deagle clones anything that isn't a revolver is default pea shooters by comparison.

Right now I'm curious how the Gunslinger will feel at spawn, especially if they don't get passive benefits to the 9mm (or if they do, can't one headshot a clot until level 20+ or something). When you get down to it, you are spawning with an archaic six shooter. For as much poo poo the Demo pistol gets, it can probably kill more wave 1 trash.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Section Z posted:

Hey people who actually know things about guns. What's another cool strong not revolver aside from the Deagle? Revolvers are sweet and all but it feels like in videogames, outside of Deagle clones anything that isn't a revolver is default pea shooters by comparison.
They could get Bronson's old friend Wildey for a cameo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDl24PsqzdQ

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Orange Crush Rush posted:

In KF1 Demo got to carry more grenades as they leveled up, that would be a good thing for KF2.

I agree. Sure Demo has the most powerful grenades now since they're literally 1/2 sticks of dynamite, but I was thinking on this last night:

Since Grenadier is a poo poo skill and needs a buff anyways, if Tripwire doesn't want to have it give more than 1 grenade to people per wave then have it do that AND demo gets an extra grenade (or two) as well since he's apparently lugging around a bunch of extra grenades. Plus since you lose On Contact and the dynamite has a longer delay than regular grenades it means if you're chucking them at zeds and they just walk past it you have an extra or two to try again.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Section Z posted:

if you want an absolutely absurd loading in a handgun you pretty much need a revolver or something truly out there like a TC Contender, which are break-action single shot pistols that come in a variety of calibers including some truly large ones.

I mean as far as I'm concerned they should just model a Delta Elite in 10mm auto, but nobody asked me :v:

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
They really REALLY need to make supplier reset when the trader pod closes. Too many times I've went to open the trader menu and our support guy runs up next to me and whoops, there goes my midwave ammo.

Also, what gunslinger REALLY needs is this gun!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jts0xxg7P8I

Inside Out Mom fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Oct 24, 2015

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Gimmie the .44 from battlefield4 that thing is awesome and has a fantastic sound to it

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
When discussing wacky fantasy weapons why doesn't anyone ever suggest robocop's gun?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Gimmie the revolver from Redneck Rampage

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Foreskin Problems posted:

When discussing wacky fantasy weapons why doesn't anyone ever suggest robocop's gun?

Well, it was in Blood Dragon...

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Foreskin Problems posted:

Not fantasy enough. Gimme Judge Dredd's gun with smart ammo

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
needed feature.

:boom: taunt button that makes your guy do an animated obscene gesture in 3rd person that everyone can visibly see and a good zed insult.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Yeah, same here. Having the DEagle and S&W M500 in the game feels like there's weird overlap. I'm guessing the 1911 is T2, the DEagle T3 (sacrificing stopping power for reload/firing speed vs. T4) and the M500 is T4.

Wish we'd gotten a CZ 75 or something instead of DEagle if we weren't getting a third revolver.

Take your dirty communist guns and :frogout: son.

Maybe I'm wrong, but all the gunslinger guns seem to be American designed and manufactured? :confused::hf::911:

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Inside Out Mom posted:

needed feature.

:boom: taunt button that makes your guy do an animated obscene gesture in 3rd person that everyone can visibly see and a good zed insult.

Should let you do what Blood Dragon does and let you flip people off by using the melee bash when out of range for a melee attack.

Rarden
May 20, 2012

Klaus88 posted:

Maybe I'm wrong, but all the gunslinger guns seem to be American designed and manufactured? :confused::hf::911:

It might be a case of TWI putting guns in based on what they can generally get their hands on for direct reference if we assume the AK-12 and SCAR are both in because John Gibson personally owns them. As far as I know; 1911s are common as grass in the US gun scene, Deagles will probably always be the Big Handgun people think of when you ask them about such (also it was in KF1 since forever), and the .500 is pure all-American excess because clearly the .44 magnums were too piddly.

Funnily enough, if you wanted to go for regional guns over American ones, the 1858 would be the most appropriate of the bunch because there's an Italian company called Uberti that makes reproductions of old US blackpowder pistols (albeit none that exactly match the 1858, but this a world where a biotech company makes caseless, modular futureguns with magical healing dart launchers built in, so anything's possible!).

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

the deagle is an institution and deserves to be respected

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Inside Out Mom posted:

needed feature.

I found SWAT's taunt.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Deagle is like the most famous videogame pistol ever, it would be shocking if it wasn't in the game.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008
Come on Demo you ain't foolin' anybody.

Played a HoE game with Alteisen. MVP (for kills and assists) was a level 25 Demolitions with the Grenade Pistol, Dynamite, and AA12.

And he never used the Grenade Pistol.

Guess ammo hacking is still a thing.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Section Z posted:

Hey people who actually know things about guns. What's another cool strong not revolver aside from the Deagle?

Coonans are pretty neat.

It's a 1911.

A 1911 in .357 Magnum. :getin:

Comedy option: Just do a Glock 20 and have it overlap with the Demo skill because 10mm.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Handguns, oh boy, Well I don't know about the choices, they all look nice I guess. Maybe more will get added later.

Like this happy fellow, the Stechkin

It's weighted to reduce recoil because it can fire semi or full auto, it holds 20 rounds. I think going akimbo with a couple of these and letting them dump their contents into a Scrake or Fleshpound's face would probably work quite well. It fires at 750 rounds a minute, meaning it can dump all 20 rounds in just under 2 seconds.

But if you prefer revolvers for the gunslinger, behold the Lemat

It holds 8 rounds, and a single shotgun style round in that thicker barrel underneath. I'm using the term round loosely though, since they were black powder and cap-based, but you can get conversion kits apparently. Being able to hold that many bullets and handle a shotgun blast does mean it weighs about 5 pounds when fully loaded though. It was used by the confederates during the American Civil War.

and last, but not least is this ugly git. The Chiappa Rhino

you might have noticed the big holes at the top, that's because the barrel connects to the bottom of the cylinder rather than the top, apparently this was intended to reduce the amount the gun tips back when shooting by having the recoil centered closer to the wrist. It could probably make a good sharpshooter weapon then if not gunslinger. It has a rail on the top and bottom of the barrel on the largest model, so you could slap a laser or light or some sort of sight on it for sharp shooter.

QwertySanchez fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Oct 24, 2015

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Klaus88 posted:

:v:

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

when out

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Anyone down to play some KF2 as a group today? I'll be hanging out in the Killing Floor LFG room on the CTS mumble.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198026910260/ My steam profile for shooting friend invites.

Is it that time again already? (never change dorkasaurus)

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

SaffronKit posted:

Anyone down to play some KF2 as a group today? I'll be hanging out in the Killing Floor LFG room on the CTS mumble.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198026910260/ My steam profile for shooting friend invites.

Is it that time again already? (never change dorkasaurus)

I'll probably be around later tonight. I'll add you when I get home.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

QwertySanchez posted:

Handguns, oh boy, Well I don't know about the choices, they all look nice I guess. Maybe more will get added later.

Like this happy fellow, the Stechkin

It's weighted to reduce recoil because it can fire semi or full auto, it holds 20 rounds. I think going akimbo with a couple of these and letting them dump their contents into a Scrake or Fleshpound's face would probably work quite well. It fires at 750 rounds a minute, meaning it can dump all 20 rounds in just under 2 seconds.

But if you prefer revolvers for the gunslinger, behold the Lemat

It holds 8 rounds, and a single shotgun style round in that thicker barrel underneath. I'm using the term round loosely though, since they were black powder and cap-based, but you can get conversion kits apparently. Being able to hold that many bullets and handle a shotgun blast does mean it weighs about 5 pounds when fully loaded though. It was used by the confederates during the American Civil War.

and last, but not least is this ugly git. The Chiappa Rhino

you might have noticed the big holes at the top, that's because the barrel connects to the bottom of the cylinder rather than the top, apparently this was intended to reduce the amount the gun tips back when shooting by having the recoil centered closer to the wrist. It could probably make a good sharpshooter weapon then if not gunslinger. It has a rail on the top and bottom of the barrel on the largest model, so you could slap a laser or light or some sort of sight on it for sharp shooter.

Oh hey, a box thread! :swoon:

PM'd mod to move thread to TFR.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Inside Out Mom posted:

I'll probably be around later tonight. I'll add you when I get home.

Bollocks, I'll only be free til 5 est today. Got the closing shift tonight, will be around a bunch this week though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I'm kinda surprised they didn't add an automatic handgun, really. Maybe because it'd step over SWAT's weapons of choice if the files are to be believed?