Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Get that Deagle garbage outta here and bring in some LeMats. I wanna dump rounds into a Scrake's face and then blow him away with two shotgun blasts when he rages and charges me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
None of you mentioned Matebas yet, shame on you.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Azran posted:

I'm kinda surprised they didn't add an automatic handgun, really. Maybe because it'd step over SWAT's weapons of choice if the files are to be believed?

I misread that as "atomic handgun" and now I'm sad the final revolver doesn't fire depleted uranium rounds.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

If the cnb revolver is not solid top its going to be a whore to speed swap cylinders. This is why the 1858 Remington is awesome. :)

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013

gnome7 posted:

I misread that as "atomic handgun" and now I'm sad the final revolver doesn't fire depleted uranium rounds.

Or you could go whole hog, fire U-235 rounds instead of U-238 and reach critical mass inside a fleshpound's chest cavity.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Nalesh posted:

None of you mentioned Matebas yet, shame on you.

randombattle posted:

Totally agreed. Deagles are lovely guns and it would be way cooler to have like Mateba's or something instead of lovely deagles.
they did on the very last page lol

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Thanks for showing off all the cool looking guns to this gun ignorant person.

Choice and taste in guns aside, there are only two :tinfoil: worries I have about Gunslinger.

What point a freshly spawned gunslinger of any level has on Wave 1, compared to spawning as a commando with the backup talent. Or even a medic. From the sound of things they will not be getting passive benefits to the 9mm, so for trash clear you only get a baby six shooter that can kill six whole clots (if you don't miss any headshots) before reloading.

Even if Gunslinger was cool and spawned you with dual pistols, that's still 12 shots with archaic revolver reloads. Compared to Backup commando with a 9mm that can one shot clots, a knife that can oneshot clots with the M1 fast swing, and their varmint rifle on top. Or a level 1 medic with 10 shots on a pistol that can heal others.

The other worry is if they make the gunslinger handguns too heavy to carry a big pile of them for :airquote: "balance" reasons. They would have to be laughably heavy to be unable to sport Dual 1911 and dual Deagles/500s. But very easily it could be made too heavy to carry six shooters (:downsrim:) of decent on perk quality to make life easier on perk ammo wise.

I will be very surprised if they don't make the Deagles/500s weigh 3 each minimum, but you could still carry a sweet trio of good on perk dualies in that case unless my much more baseless paranoia :tinfoil: worrying they will make the 1911 weigh 2 each happens.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I hope there's no big weight penalty. Gunslinger should basically be the matrix lobby scene class, constantly pulling out akimbo guns. Even cooler if dropping guns is a viable alternative to reloading somehow

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
If they don't end up giving Zed Time bonuses to the Gunslinger, I suppose another possibility is that the Gunslinger could be the first class to benefit from having free inventory space. Like, each unused inventory block gives you bonus reload speed or whatever.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

put a dorkasaurus_rex char in the game imo

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Hoping on the murder floors. Feel free to add and or send me a message if you want to do the same.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/znorps/

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

you know what MOTHER FUCKER

i could kill a couple floors right now

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ruggington/

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Section Z posted:

Choice and taste in guns aside, there are only two :tinfoil: worries I have about Gunslinger.

What point a freshly spawned gunslinger of any level has on Wave 1, compared to spawning as a commando with the backup talent. Or even a medic. From the sound of things they will not be getting passive benefits to the 9mm, so for trash clear you only get a baby six shooter that can kill six whole clots (if you don't miss any headshots) before reloading.

Another good maybe Gunslinger only perk: pistol piercing. Just apply the numbers from shotguns to the GS tiers and you could line up shots and take out multiple zeds with each round, that would probably help a lot with some of the guns' limited ammo caps.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Just let the Gunslinger carry a bunch of dual welding pistols and have it automatically move to the next one in your inventory when you run out of ammo and have to reload. Then give them a button to reload all weapons.

Wyatt freaking Earp!

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Section Z posted:

Even if Gunslinger was cool and spawned you with dual pistols, that's still 12 shots with archaic revolver reloads. Compared to Backup commando with a 9mm that can one shot clots, a knife that can oneshot clots with the M1 fast swing, and their varmint rifle on top. Or a level 1 medic with 10 shots on a pistol that can heal others.

The other worry is if they make the gunslinger handguns too heavy to carry a big pile of them for :airquote: "balance" reasons. They would have to be laughably heavy to be unable to sport Dual 1911 and dual Deagles/500s. But very easily it could be made too heavy to carry six shooters (:downsrim:) of decent on perk quality to make life easier on perk ammo wise.

I will be very surprised if they don't make the Deagles/500s weigh 3 each minimum, but you could still carry a sweet trio of good on perk dualies in that case unless my much more baseless paranoia :tinfoil: worrying they will make the 1911 weigh 2 each happens.

I doubt Gunslinger will spawn with a single revolver - two revolvers would fit a lot more. The classes that spawn with only a handgun either have explosive ammo or a healing secondary function.

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
Just jumped back into this after a few months of not touching it. Bursting enemies with the microwave gun is now my favourite thing, especially with the extra gore physics.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Azran posted:

I doubt Gunslinger will spawn with a single revolver - two revolvers would fit a lot more. The classes that spawn with only a handgun either have explosive ammo or a healing secondary function.

At the very least, you should get dual 9 mils and the starting revolver.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Yeah, after a few rounds of Vermintide, throwing away empty pistols is the badass thing. Make it so that you can buy duplicates of your handguns that count against your total weight. Each duplicate pair increases your ammo by two clips' worth, and each one is basically a quick reload charge since you "drop" them once empty and pull out a fresh pair for a quick reload.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Zomborgon posted:

At the very least, you should get dual 9 mils and the starting revolver.

I know the 9mm is still useful, just like the Medic SMG is super useful. Logically I understand balance wise why you need to double tap a cyst to kill them with the 9mm or Medic SMG.

But my personal tastes cringe at needing multiple headshots to kill literally the weakest enemies in the game, though I don't have issues with needing to put multiple baby bullet rounds into a gorefast skull.

For as much poo poo the Varmint Rifle gets at times, it doesn't need 40 headshots to kill 20 clots.

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
If you want a nice change of pace, play some custom maps. They're pretty drat fun and have some fun gimmicks in them, like wide-open areas, having to stand in a machine that drains your health in order to keep the lights on, or a ton of spawns in a smallish map. Most of them look like utter dogshit, but they're fun enough that you won't care.

Also, I'm not sure what's going on, but pubbies seem to hate playing Medic recently. I had to play Medic in more matches than usual, which kinda put a damper on things because I wanted to play Zerk instead. Still managed to reach level 20 zerk, though. :toot:

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I'm reluctant to play medic in pubs because people will bitch endlessly when they run off and die. I can't heal what I can't see, idiots!

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Oct 26, 2015

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Elysiume posted:

I'm reluctant to play medic in pubs because people will bitch endlessly when they run off and die. I can't heal what I can see, idiots!

I've never had that problem as a Medic. The worst thing that happens to me is getting kicked because two dudes are trying to make a public server a private server or because someone wanted to make room for one of their online BFFs.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Elysiume posted:

I'm reluctant to play medic in pubs because people will bitch endlessly when they run off and die. I can't heal what I can see, idiots!

I've never really had people complain that I let them die. Usually they die because they decide to wade into a sea of Zeds and their damage out weighs the heal rate.

What does bother me is that very few medics actively heal people. Most are too set on trying to deal enough damage or get tunnel vision.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
It was rare for a while, but the last few times I had people getting mad because they weren't getting healed fast enough, the latest time when I was exclusively healing and rotating through weapons. Needing LOS and with everything blocking darts, it can get frustrating, such as level 1 berserkers trying to facetank an entire wave at once on a non-chokepointy map.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Revolver Bunker posted:

I've never really had people complain that I let them die. Usually they die because they decide to wade into a sea of Zeds and their damage out weighs the heal rate.

What does bother me is that very few medics actively heal people. Most are too set on trying to deal enough damage or get tunnel vision.

I try to heal as much as possible, but sometimes I get too caught up in Bloat and Siren extermination that someone dips down to half health while I'm trying to pop the head of a Bloat halfway across the map. It doesn't happen often, but I always kick myself when I focus too much on killing some faraway Bloat or Siren for some reason.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Azran posted:

Isn't the starting revolver a single action Remington? How the gently caress would you even fire that with one hand?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Isn't the starting revolver a single action Remington? How the gently caress would you even fire that with one hand?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn-3rb4QSUo

Hard part would be reloading.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

closeted republican posted:

I try to heal as much as possible, but sometimes I get too caught up in Bloat and Siren extermination that someone dips down to half health while I'm trying to pop the head of a Bloat halfway across the map. It doesn't happen often, but I always kick myself when I focus too much on killing some faraway Bloat or Siren for some reason.

I do Bloat and Siren duty a lot too. It doesn't help that I've been seeing a lot more Lone Wolf players that will wander off on their own. Usually they do okay but I had a game today where one guy who was a level 2 Zerker kept dying off screen and I spent half a round trying to find him and could never locate them in the Manor map. Ended up just heading back to the main party and healing them.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

Revolver Bunker posted:

I do Bloat and Siren duty a lot too. It doesn't help that I've been seeing a lot more Lone Wolf players that will wander off on their own. Usually they do okay but I had a game today where one guy who was a level 2 Zerker kept dying off screen and I spent half a round trying to find him and could never locate them in the Manor map. Ended up just heading back to the main party and healing them.

I play Suicidal only, so I rarely encounter people running off on their own. People will occasionally stray away a bit from the team to get more kills or cut off enemies at their spawn points (it happens to me at times :v:), but "gently caress you all, i'm going off on my own" types are very rare.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

closeted republican posted:

I play Suicidal only, so I rarely encounter people running off on their own. People will occasionally stray away a bit from the team to get more kills or cut off enemies at their spawn points (it happens to me at times :v:), but "gently caress you all, i'm going off on my own" types are very rare.

I've started playing exclusively Suicidal as well, and the pubs I encounter are pretty decent as well, although they're prone to ragequitting on wipes. Just today somebody joined and tried griefing by welding the doors to the trader, and got kicked almost immediately, so it shows that Suicidal pub players have some semblance of thought among them.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

What does the Scrake's mouth look like under there? Tripwire, please fix. Immersion ruined.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
The other night we had a guy join a suicidal group as a level 1 firebug. Reflexively we all threw cash at him because it was wave 7 or 8. About a 1/4 into the map we got a big boy rush and I the lowely commando got splattered. I then got to watch this level 1 guy try to snipe with the Microwave gun from like 30 to 40m away. I jump on the mic and try to explain things to him, but he's not listening. We come to find out in between rounds after we wiped, that the fella just bought the game but is really good so he doesn't need to play normal. Luckily the whole server helped out and set him straight and he left wave 1 on the next map after dying pretty quickly. Pubs man.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

What does the Scrake's mouth look like under there? Tripwire, please fix. Immersion ruined.

You can actually shoot his mask off.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Theta Zero posted:

You can actually shoot his mask off.

I've done that and it's terrifying. Think the clown from American horror story freak show.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Scrakes are supposed to be super soldier medics in the game's lore. This guy has seen some poo poo.

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013
Scrakes are cool and I would buy a Scrake character DLC pack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Colosmicon posted:

Scrakes are cool and I would buy a Scrake Clot character DLC pack.

I really, really want a poorly disguised clot character for some reason. One, because I am literally 5 years old and think of Chicken Boo jokes. Two, to piss of people who scream about "Immersion" in their nazi cyborgs and glowing dosh victory fight simulator.