Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

carrolla, who ever you are, had a fun time time getting 233 on the music ball in the lobby while we waited for Red to disconnect. It was also fun playing human ball with the disconnected player until I got stuck on the rim trying to get our human ball back and forced us to disband. I will miss you carrolla.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I got a japanese 3ds again, anything notable I've missed? There's a super robot taisen but it doesn't look that great, yay/nay on it?

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Neo Helbeast posted:

I got a japanese 3ds again, anything notable I've missed?

New Rhythm Heaven

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Had a great time last night doing some Drabland Challenges in the Ice World. Felt a little bad because the only mission I previously attempted was the Ice Temple and the people I temped up with were both ready with the Snow Parkas, but it worked out.

Wallmaster missions aren't particularily hard, but man I'm still scared of them on behalf of my 10 year old self.

I'm getting extremely unlucky with materials though.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

pichupal posted:

There really needs to be some way to trade/sell materials you have no use for.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Triforce hero's needs a "you have terrible internet, and I want to die" button

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I haven't played online yet, but when you play over download play and you're not the host, all the music is in 8-bit renditions. Pretty neat.

Junkie Disease posted:

Triforce hero's needs a "you have terrible internet, and I want to die" button

There's a blacklist.

mamelon
Oct 9, 2010

by Lowtax

Neo Helbeast posted:

I got a japanese 3ds again, anything notable I've missed? There's a super robot taisen but it doesn't look that great, yay/nay on it?

Original Ni No Kuni? I'm playing through the PS3 adaptation and it's a bummer at the parts where stylus functionality's been removed. I wanna draw runes!!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Neo Helbeast posted:

"Again"? What timeframe are we talking here?

There are 6 or 7 Dragon Quest games that aren't in English, there's a new Rhythm Heaven game, a Sega 3D Classics compilation with a second due out in late December... as far as stuff that's not confirmed for western release, I can't think of much else right now.

EDIT: there's a new Langrisser game but it looks bad

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
So I'm enjoying this demo for Yo-Kai Watch but there's a few things I'm curious about before I decide if I want to get this:

1. Is the combat all automated, or does the full game give me the means to control what attacks my monsters use? Is there any depth or customizability to who has what skills?

2. I understand that there are several Yo-Kai games out in Japan. Which one is this one, of those? Is there anything I should know background-wise to these games?

3. Is there more to the Yo-Kai radar mechanic than just finding ghosts hidden in kind of obvious places? Are there different types of radar or anything like that?

4. How many monsters are there? Is there a fusion or breeding system?

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

BottledBodhisvata posted:

1. Is the combat all automated, or does the full game give me the means to control what attacks my monsters use? Is there any depth or customizability to who has what skills?

2. I understand that there are several Yo-Kai games out in Japan. Which one is this one, of those? Is there anything I should know background-wise to these games?

3. Is there more to the Yo-Kai radar mechanic than just finding ghosts hidden in kind of obvious places? Are there different types of radar or anything like that?

4. How many monsters are there? Is there a fusion or breeding system?

1. There are items that change Yokai personalities, which influence what skills or attacks they use more often. Like almost every battle mechanic in the game beyond the most basic this is completely unnecessary for random encounters but if used correctly can make bosses much easier and is pretty much required for completionist post-game stuff.

2. This is the first game. Japan also has a second (which has 3 versions, Pokemon-style) and a third has been announced. There are also some spin offs either out or on the way.

3. No, it's mostly that.

4. There are quite a few. There's also a fusion system, but it's not too versatile.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

pichupal posted:

Try doing coliseum, I got some costumes early because I keep out smarting people.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Neo Helbeast posted:

If you haven't played one in a while, it's okay but not great compared to other titles that were released at the time.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Regy Rusty posted:

There really needs to be some way to trade/sell materials you have no use for.

Walk behind the counter and talk to the shopkeeper to the right of the clothes shop. He'll buy materials.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Vegastar posted:

Walk behind the counter and talk to the shopkeeper to the right of the clothes shop. He'll buy materials.

!!!!

poo poo thanks!

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

"Again"? What timeframe are we talking here?

There are 6 or 7 Dragon Quest games that aren't in English, there's a new Rhythm Heaven game, a Sega 3D Classics compilation with a second due out in late December... as far as stuff that's not confirmed for western release, I can't think of much else right now.

EDIT: there's a new Langrisser game but it looks bad

I actually picked it up for DQ 7,8, DQM2 3D. DQM 3D was the last game I played so that was around 2012.

Tae posted:

If you haven't played one in a while, it's okay but not great compared to other titles that were released at the time.

Are there Virtual On dudes in it? I judge their quality by whether Temjin is in it.

Silvergun1000
Sep 17, 2007

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
I've got a nice 14 hour flight tomorrow and was thinking of grabbing an RPG to give me something to do. I've already played Xenoblade so that's out. Something along the lines of the Etrian Odyssey games would be perfect (I know there is a new one out, but no idea if it's any good), as I'm a sucker for games with heavily customizable parties and dungeon crawls. Big fan of SRPGs too (got both Fire Emblem and Codename STEAM).

Thanks!

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

orenronen posted:

1. There are items that change Yokai personalities, which influence what skills or attacks they use more often. Like almost every battle mechanic in the game beyond the most basic this is completely unnecessary for random encounters but if used correctly can make bosses much easier and is pretty much required for completionist post-game stuff.

2. This is the first game. Japan also has a second (which has 3 versions, Pokemon-style) and a third has been announced. There are also some spin offs either out or on the way.

3. No, it's mostly that.

4. There are quite a few. There's also a fusion system, but it's not too versatile.

So, I guess the question is: is it worth buying?

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Silvergun1000 posted:

I've got a nice 14 hour flight tomorrow and was thinking of grabbing an RPG to give me something to do. I've already played Xenoblade so that's out. Something along the lines of the Etrian Odyssey games would be perfect (I know there is a new one out, but no idea if it's any good), as I'm a sucker for games with heavily customizable parties and dungeon crawls. Big fan of SRPGs too (got both Fire Emblem and Codename STEAM).

Thanks!

So, have you played EO4? If not, get it or the demo to see if you want to get it. If you have played it and liked it, then you'll like EOU2 really, since there's not that many huge differences between games. Otherwise, SMT4 and hell, even Pokemon X/Y would be good choices.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Nintendo's giving away the Ultimate Palicoes 4 Ever Home Theme away until October 30th (for Australia at least, I assume for Europe and everywhere else as well)

Captain Flame Guy
Mar 11, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nintendo's giving away the Ultimate Palicoes 4 Ever Home Theme away until October 30th (for Australia at least, I assume for Europe and everywhere else as well)

I can confirm that it's indeed free in Europe!

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

BottledBodhisvata posted:

So, I guess the question is: is it worth buying?

It's extremely well made and I liked it quite a bit (though I've no idea if the translation is any good). It is a game made for 10 year olds, though.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Gamestop charged my card for my Zelda New3DSXL, pretty excited to get my mitts on it.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Echophonic posted:

Gamestop charged my card for my Zelda New3DSXL, pretty excited to get my mitts on it.

Wait, they have more of these now?

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?
I just ordered a copy of Metal Gear Solid 3 am I going to need that drat circle pad pro?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Wait, they have more of these now?

i looked it up and holy poo poo it looks cool as hell. i already have the game but i'm buying this drat thing!!! new 3ds here i come. is the copy of the triforce heroes that it comes with digital or physical?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Hrvstmn31 posted:

I just ordered a copy of Metal Gear Solid 3 am I going to need that drat circle pad pro?

No, the Peace Walker controls are fine.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

mabels big day posted:

i looked it up and holy poo poo it looks cool as hell. i already have the game but i'm buying this drat thing!!! new 3ds here i come. is the copy of the triforce heroes that it comes with digital or physical?

in my haste to buy this, i didnt realize that you could get just the 3ds without also getting the game, so i'm gonna have an extra copy. i can give it to a friend though, so it works out!

plasticbugs
Dec 13, 2006

Special Batman and Robin
Is the Animal Crossing bundle still the only way to get a regular-sized US New 3DS? I'm getting tired of jumping through hoops to play my US games on my Japanese New 3DS.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Extreme Butoden is getting a free online patch that also adds a few more assist characters.

Get hype!

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

plasticbugs posted:

Is the Animal Crossing bundle still the only way to get a regular-sized US New 3DS? I'm getting tired of jumping through hoops to play my US games on my Japanese New 3DS.

It is, but the Animal Crossing design is just a faceplate. You could swap it out easily if you live in Japan, or import one you like from eBay if you don't.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The bottom screen looks awful if you're using the smallest icons.

AlwaysWetID34
Mar 8, 2003
*shrug*
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

AlwaysWetID34 fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jan 18, 2019

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I think it's kind of ugly personally. But then again the people here who buy a new 3DS every time there's a new faceplate design mystify me.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

McFunkerson posted:

I just did the same thing... It really does look cool. I have the gold Link Between Wolds 3ds XL and love it. The $200 price to upgrade is keeping me from impulse buying it though.

I will probably regret this decision some day.

Do as I did and upgrade from the old-model Gold Zelda 3DSXL to the new-model Gold Zelda 3DSXL :v:. You may as well pull the trigger now and get something fancy while it's there.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Fuzz posted:

Extreme Butoden is getting a free online patch that also adds a few more assist characters.

Get hype!

So weird they'd let that thing out for review without online play, not tell anyone, and then just patch it in like "oh, poo poo, we forgot."

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Fix posted:

So weird they'd let that thing out for review without online play, not tell anyone, and then just patch it in like "oh, poo poo, we forgot."

I dunno but I'm actually enjoying it quite a bit, but then I wasted many hours of my life in middle school playing Super Butoden 2 on SNES with an imported cart. I could see them adding in a LOT of characters and making a lot of extra money by doing small paid DLC once the online mode is in.

I dunno, it's made by the BlazBlue people, did that game get a lot of post release support?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

BlazBlue is made by ArcSys so that means it's got a shitload of full priced revisions.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I want a new Nintendo 3DS but they're still not in blue :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Buy black and never look back