Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's apparently info in next month's Ultra Jump and I would expect a teaser at the Jump Festa at the end of the year. I suppose there'll be a release window at least in that teaser?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I want to read more of JoJo's Libertarian Adventure.

Especially Earth, Wind, and Fire. :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Oct 24, 2015

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013
How many episodes would part 4 be? The manga is 2 volumes longer than part 3

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the ed should be holy diver

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
if you are on the internet in 2015 and have not yet developed an ironic love for All Star I'm not sure how you survive

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

GoldenPrice posted:

How many episodes would part 4 be? The manga is 2 volumes longer than part 3

Bad Seafood posted:

Went to the trouble to make a mock-up episode list for a hypothetical Part 4 anime. Here's the breakdown:

Season One
  1. Jotaro Kujo Meets Josuke Higashikata
  2. Aquatic Necklace (1)
  3. Aquatic Necklace (2)
  4. The Nijimura Brothers (1)
  5. The Nijimura Brothers (2)
  6. The Nijimura Brothers (3)
  7. Echoes (1)
  8. Echoes (2)
  9. Surface (1)
  10. Surface (2)
  11. Yukako Yamagishi is in Love (1)
  12. Yukako Yamagishi is in Love (2)
  13. Yukako Yamagishi is in Love (3)
  14. Let's Go Out for Italian!
  15. Red Hot Chili Peppers (1)
  16. Red Hot Chili Peppers (2)
  17. Red Hot Chili Peppers (3)
  18. Achtung Baby
  19. Let's Go Visit the Mangaka's House! (1)
  20. Let's Go Visit the Mangaka's House! (2)
  21. Let's Go Hunting!
  22. Rohan Kishibe's Bizarre Adventure
  23. Harvest (1)
  24. Harvest (2)
  25. Kira Yoshikage Wants a Quiet Life (1)
  26. Kira Yoshikage Wants a Quiet Life (2) <-- (includes the People of Morioh)
Season Two
  1. Cinderella (1)
  2. Cinderella (2)
  3. Sheer Heart Attack (1)
  4. Sheer Heart Attack (2)
  5. Sheer Heart Attack (3)
  6. Atom Heart Father (1)
  7. Atom Heart Father (2) <-- (includes Kira's Yoshikage's New Face)
  8. Rock, Paper, Scissors! (1)
  9. Rock, Paper, Scissors! (2)
  10. I Am An Alien (1)
  11. I Am An Alien (2)
  12. Highway Star (1)
  13. Highway Star (2)
  14. Stray Cat (1)
  15. Stray Cat (2)
  16. The Man on the Tower (1)
  17. The Man on the Tower (2)
  18. Enigma (1)
  19. Enigma (2)
  20. My Dad is Not My Dad
  21. Cheap Trick (1)
  22. Cheap Trick (2)
  23. Another One Bites the Dust (1)
  24. Another One Bites the Dust (2)
  25. The Invincible Crazy Diamond (1)
  26. The Invincible Crazy Diamond (2) <-- (includes Golden Hearts of Morioh)
Might not work out exactly like this, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't close.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think it'll be another 48 run, so some of it's going to be squashed down.

Things like "I am an Alien" could possibly finish in one episode. They might have to cut out as some of the OC scenes we got in SDC to accommodate a 48 run too, but I think they can make it work.

That said, PB/BT was a 26 episode season so Seafood's suggestions of 2x26 isn't exactly unlikely.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

This is the part where I admit that I've already prepped this song to make an alternate ED with it, cuz I would be shocked if they got Queen.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Build me up buttercup, supposedly.

If the ED does somehow manage to be that lovely Smashmouth song, I'm breaking my never skip a JoJo ED rule. gently caress that song.
... I've prepped smashmouth too. Oh dear, just when we were going to be pals. :negative:

Nah but there's a current popular song that I think of as an oku theme that I'd consider putting together for kicks and yes I'm weird about ED songs

Seriously though pomp is right, how do you not have an ironic love of it.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I assumed most of the people reading it had already read the manga, the real attraction is her fairly in-depth visual and thematic analysis and the anime's announcement doesn't really alter that

This. I love reading the analysis of the story and page composition. I really hope if it's not cool to host in the thread, that she keeps it up on her blog.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
I know that's just a rough estimation, but I can't imagine how people would react to two weeks of Yukako getting a makeover or two weeks of RPS Kid.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
At least we can all agree on an OP we would like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idoYCVLh2qI

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

CodfishCartographer posted:

This. I love reading the analysis of the story and page composition. I really hope if it's not cool to host in the thread, that she keeps it up on her blog.

Yeah, I think she's one of the few new to it but I'd miss it here a lot. I missed a lot of nuances last read (though I'm way ahead now in my re-read since I lack restraint) and there's stuff she and others get into that I love reading.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Iserlohn posted:

I know that's just a rough estimation, but I can't imagine how people would react to two weeks of Yukako getting a makeover or two weeks of RPS Kid.

I'd be totally down for two weeks of RPS Kid given the hella dramatic way that it ends. It's so good.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I'm glad we're getting one more anime for people who don't like anime to pretend isn't really anime so they can like it.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I think JoJo's kind of weird in that it touches a whole lot of genres and writing conventions than many anime

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I'd be totally down for two weeks of RPS Kid given the hella dramatic way that it ends. It's so good.

RPS kid the the heir to the D'Arby lineage and deserves his two-parter

Bad Seafood posted:

I'm glad we're getting one more anime for people who don't like anime to pretend isn't really anime so they can like it.

What, this is a thing people have actually said? Jojo is the msot anime anime

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

It is a common ailment of the mind, yes.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I see plenty of that around and also lots of joking about it being weeb starter pack material

The latter annoys me more because I despise gatekeeping. New fans keep things alive.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

I see plenty of that around and also lots of joking about it being weeb starter pack material

The latter annoys me more because I despise gatekeeping. New fans keep things alive.

Agreed, People with a deep love for Jojo should always be accepted.

My main hope is that Part 4 will inspire more Always Sunny edits.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Half of the fun of more JoJo adaptations is dragging the rest of my friends into this deep JoJo hell I've dug for myself.

I mean hell, my gf just trekked through the rest of Battle Tendency and the entire time I was like :tem:

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

I have a friend who basically just says "the only anime I like is jojo" and to be fair I was like that for awhile until I stopped caring. Jojo is weird in it's cult classic appeal in the west.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Is it friday yet.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Bad Seafood posted:

Absurd. JoJo invented anime; all the series before it were just Japanese animation.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
jojo is all the good things about anime + disregarding gender and i'm glad that makes some people real uncomfortable to enjoy

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Pomp posted:

jojo is all the good things about anime + disregarding gender and i'm glad that makes some people real uncomfortable to enjoy

I can't wait for these people to meet GioGio and co.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCQ0vDAbF7s

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

*checks other Jojo forum to see what they're saying there*
*sees a post where someone says that the announcement means that there was no point in taking the time to read part 4*

JUST WHEN I'VE GONE TO BAT FOR NEW FANS!!!

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1fuwUJnKFM

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Which song was Araki listening to at the time of penning DiU and which song does he think would suit more. That's probably what we're getting.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Not reading the manga is its own punishment.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Bad Seafood posted:

Not reading the manga is its own punishment.

Actually, I just went back and realize that I probably misread that person, I think they meant they *re-read* it and didn't need to (???). But why wouldn't you need to re-read it. SHEESH. READ THE MANGA REPEATEDLY

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
I know a couple people (and I have this problem too if I'm reading too fast) who would rather wait for the anime because they have a hard time of being able to tell what movement is happening or what all is going on if it's just in black and white, and I can understand how that would be an issue with JoJo since a lot of the fights can get pretty intricate, so it's probably something like that.

Reading's really cool though and definitely not for chumps. :v:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Sekkira posted:

Which song was Araki listening to at the time of penning DiU and which song does he think would suit more. That's probably what we're getting.

i mean, hell, it was confirmed in that one interview with some guy who works at david

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

With the exception of Part 6, I've never really had that much difficulty following Araki's action sequences.

Obviously there are people who do, but I'm not sure I understand how?

EDIT: Then again I guess I do reread the manga a lot so I may not be the most impartial judge.

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Oct 25, 2015

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sekkira posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHuGG_FsC20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7l5ZeVVoCA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VQ_3sBZEm0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEb2CecR11I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn_YodiJO6k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_JnCWT-_O8

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

With the exception of Part 6, I've never really had that much difficulty following Araki's action sequences.

EDIT: Then again I guess I do reread the manga a lot so I may not be the most impartial judge.

I remember some confusing stuff in Part 5 (King Crimson), Part 7 (Civil War, some Spin-related scenes), and Part 8 (the current fight) but I'm not sure animation would have clarified much in any of those cases.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

Sometimes there are things I don't get until I see it a second time. Most recent example being the foreshadowing with joshuu in the most recent jojolion where after the cork slips off, he sees his bracelet on the table. Somehow I saw that whole sequence and didnt realize he was confused because it wasn't on his arm, because I didn't know what the hell the spinning thing was lol

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Bad Seafood posted:

For me, if I don't read things over a lot or make the attempt to go over one thing at a time, I take in everything from the scene that's going on at once, and with fights that can get pretty overwhelming, and if it's not in color I have a hard time parsing what goes where. It's not a constant thing, but with some fights a lot of stuff can be happening in one panel so a lot of times I won't know what I'm seeing unless I stay on that page for awhile.

Like, I'll be so caught up in all of the other details I'll completely miss what speed lines move in which direction for what character or something.

EDIT: It's not Araki's fault, I think he's been trying and doing better with making sure the audience can make sense of what's going on, it's just an ADHD thing on my end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm glad that this part 4 MAD was preserved someplace with audio intact

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2disa0_jojo-part-4-mad-diamond-is-not-crash_tv