Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Death?
This poll is closed.
Love it! 49 28.00%
Leave it! 59 33.71%
That is not dead which can eternal lie... 67 38.29%
Total: 175 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Who What Now posted:

That was, bar none, the clunkiest non-burn I've ever seen in these threads.

Better than "micropenis".

Don't you know it's not the size of the boat but the motion of the ocean?

I hosed your dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
Responding to "you've got a tiny baby dick" with "I'm a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus! Please believe meeeee!" certainly doesn't make you look defensive or anything.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Ddraig posted:

Except of course in all those countries where there are prohibitions on guns, which remarkably don't have the problem of black churches or schools being shot up on a regular basis.

I guess if you ignore that then the theory makes perfect sense.

Again, the U.S. is in the minority in the world in terms of having the right to not incriminate yourself, and our protections against searches are stronger than they are in Australia where gun owners get randomly checked up on or in the UK where a local increase in gun violence is grounds to institute stop and frisk without review by the police chief. And remember all those guns were registered to begin with as well. So no, there's no comparison.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Effectronica posted:

Responding to "you've got a tiny baby dick" with "I'm a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus! Please believe meeeee!" certainly doesn't make you look defensive or anything.

I thought this was playground yelling time. He started it!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Effectronica posted:

Don't kinkshame his dad-lust. His obviously never loved him and now he tries to fill that void with guns and DILFS.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

LingcodKilla posted:

I thought this was playground yelling time. He started it!

So did you go for the homo thing out of a misplaced sense of progressivism or did you abandon women and put "anal only" on your Grindr profile because everyone who sees your wedding tackle bursts out laughing?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Let's agree on a compromise. He hosed your dad, but your dad didn't love it too much.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
My dad's an adult who can gently caress whoever he wants. I'm pretty sure he has much higher standards and can do way better than this nobody, though.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

DeusExMachinima posted:

Again, the U.S. is in the minority in the world in terms of having the right to not incriminate yourself, and our protections against searches are stronger than they are in Australia where gun owners get randomly checked up on or in the UK where a local increase in gun violence is grounds to institute stop and frisk without review by the police chief. And remember all those guns were registered to begin with as well. So no, there's no comparison.

You should learn from your betters then.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

jfood posted:

A island full of monarchist pedophiles who's prime minister literally hosed a pig, and a island full of racist convicts from the first island.

"Betters" he says.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

C.M. Kruger posted:

A island full of monarchist pedophiles who's prime minister literally hosed a pig, and a island full of racist convicts from the first island.

"Betters" he says.

Now now, lets not generalize.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Who What Now posted:

My dad's an adult who can gently caress whoever he wants. I'm pretty sure he has much higher standards and can do way better than this nobody, though.

Well, this is the kind of recalcitrant obstructionism that needlessly impedes progress in formulating policy goals. I suppose like most extremists, you won't be satisfied until we say your dad hasn't been buttfucked at all.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

SedanChair posted:

Now now, this is the kind of recalcitrant obstructionism that needlessly impedes progress in formulating policy goals. I suppose like most extremists, you won't be satisfied until we say your dad hasn't been buttfucked at all.

I don't understand. Like, what's the insult here? That my dad got laid? Or is it the insinuation that being a homosexual, or even just related to one, is supposed to be disgusting and shameful? Or is it just that he's the "woman" in the situation that I should be offended by?

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

C.M. Kruger posted:

"Betters" he says.

Look at what this thread has made of you people.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Who What Now posted:

Your dad should drop this zero and get himself a hero imo

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

jfood posted:

Look at what this thread has made of you people.

Go ask your quean if you can bear arms on her behalf

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

SedanChair posted:

Go ask your quean if you can bear arms on her behalf

They can't. They are so oppressed by tyranny.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

jfood posted:

:lol: the right to be free from unwarranted search and seizure is not up for discussion either. Safety third.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

DeusExMachinima posted:

:lol: the right to be free from unwarranted search and seizure is not up for discussion either. Safety third.

....um....you have to have a warrant in the UK/AU as well for Search and Seizure.

What, you think they are some dystopian hell hole or something? And what are you suggesting, have access to firearms would make you immune from such? They'd just shoot you and do the unwarranted search and seizure anyways.

tumblr.txt
Jan 11, 2015

by zen death robot

Nessus posted:

What I noticed about the film was that the Soviets were simultaneously ultimately strong and tremendously weak. Also, of course, how the Wolverines accomplished no meaningful military goals other than killing some people and engraving their name in a rock.

Somehow I forgot to respond to this blasphemy.

The Wolverines destroyed vital enemy equipment like tanks, resupply convoys, and the odd parked fighter jet. They also assassinated key officers and interrupted at least one mass execution. On top of that, they forced the enemy to restrict their movements to the "secure zone" and spend resources to deal with the partisan threat, and lowered the invader's morale.

Saying they didn't achieve anything is spitting on their memory.

tumblr.txt
Jan 11, 2015

by zen death robot

CommieGIR posted:

....um....you have to have a warrant in the UK/AU as well for Search and Seizure.

Not for us evil gun-havers! Cops are allowed to turn up and go through the gun safe without warning.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

tumblr.txt posted:

Not for us evil gun-havers! Cops are allowed to turn up and go through the gun safe without warning.

And mysteriously, the UK hasn't had a school shooting since 1996.

Huh. How about that. Even better: being a cop is a very safe job, and they patrol unarmed. Interesting.

Its almost as if statistics and evidence show more than appeals to emotion and screams of 'tyranny! tyranny!'

tumblr.txt
Jan 11, 2015

by zen death robot
New Zealand doesn't have streets flowing with blood and their gun laws are much looser than ours.

Counterpoint: Americans are nuts

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

What, you think they are some dystopian hell hole or something?

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

And mysteriously, the UK hasn't had a school shooting since 1996.

Huh. How about that. Even better: being a cop is a very safe job, and they patrol unarmed. Interesting.

Its almost as if statistics and evidence show more than appeals to emotion and screams of 'tyranny! tyranny!'

So you straight up are willing to rationalize away civil rights, that's cool.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

tumblr.txt posted:

New Zealand doesn't have streets flowing with blood and their gun laws are much looser than ours.

Counterpoint: Americans are nuts

You have to have a firearms license in New Zealand

DeusExMachinima posted:

So you straight up are willing to rationalize away civil rights, that's cool.

gently caress you. You guys are rationalizing away ACTUAL Civil Rights in the guise of protecting your hobby.

I'm sorry, firearms are not on part with Voting rights, civil liberties and equality. Stop pretending that somehow you guys are special and that regulating firearms is some moronic attempt to attack minorities.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

I meant no reference to gun rights with that. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt because I assumed you didn't count it (correctly, I see). But surely you counted the 4th Amendment, or the 5th! Apparently they're optional though if ignoring them makes you safer. Oh well.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Effectronica posted:

There's no reason to get mad at gun advocates. As conservatives, they are unable to interact with one of their subalterns without being condescending. It's like water running downhill.

I'm pretty sure most of the gun advocates would consider themselves progressive on this forum at least. I for one think that if you engage rural voters with the threat of gun control they will resist any dialog for economic and social equality, which I hold in higher priority.

gohmak fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Oct 25, 2015

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

tumblr.txt posted:

Somehow I forgot to respond to this blasphemy.

The Wolverines destroyed vital enemy equipment like tanks, resupply convoys, and the odd parked fighter jet. They also assassinated key officers and interrupted at least one mass execution. On top of that, they forced the enemy to restrict their movements to the "secure zone" and spend resources to deal with the partisan threat, and lowered the invader's morale.

Saying they didn't achieve anything is spitting on their memory.
I'm pretty sure I'd have gotten purged as a potential sympathizer by them at some point :v:

CommieGIR posted:

I'm sorry, firearms are not on part with Voting rights, civil liberties and equality.
Indeed; I believe the argument is that they are more important. Because like, they let you fight for your freedom and so on, just like when the Continental Army was totally and reliably supported by the colonial militia, instead of being treated like such utter garbage there was nearly an officers' coup very early on in the Republic's history.

tumblr.txt
Jan 11, 2015

by zen death robot
Addressing the elephant in the room - one demographic commits a lot of murders. If ~3% of the population was unable to get their hands on weapons, the total number of homicides would be halved.

Instead of spending billions trying to get rid of everyone's guns, perhaps a more targeted effort would give a better payoff?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

DeusExMachinima posted:

I meant no reference to gun rights with that. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt because I assumed you didn't count it (correctly, I see). But surely you counted the 4th Amendment, or the 5th! Apparently they're optional though if ignoring them makes you safer. Oh well.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Let's see:

5th Amendment: 34 to 37 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 [2]

In the US the 4th is not the end all, do all:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warrantless_searches_in_the_United_States

Nessus posted:

Indeed; I believe the argument is that they are more important. Because like, they let you fight for your freedom and so on, just like when the Continental Army was totally and reliably supported by the colonial militia, instead of being treated like such utter garbage there was nearly an officers' coup very early on in the Republic's history.

Having France on your side with their Navy helps a lot too.

tumblr.txt posted:

Addressing the elephant in the room - one demographic commits a lot of murders. If ~3% of the population was unable to get their hands on weapons, the total number of homicides would be halved.

Instead of spending billions trying to get rid of everyone's guns, perhaps a more targeted effort would give a better payoff?

What, whites?

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/u...fender_2013.xls

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

gohmak posted:

I'm pretty sure most of the gun advocates would consider themselves progressive on this forum at least. I for one think that if you engage rural voters with the threat of gun control they will resist any dialog for economic and social equality, which I hold in higher priority.
Personally I would be fine with letting people have all the guns they want, with the only restrictions being on poo poo like artillery shells, if in exchange we got a modern program of social democracy in this country. My only caveats would be "can you folks be magnanimous enough to declare victory already and find some other way to pat y'all selves on the back" and the aforementioned "not LeJackal, no guns for him" clause that has gotten general assent.

tumblr.txt posted:

I don't think anyone in actual fact is trying to get rid of anyone's guns but what, pray tell, is this 3% of the population?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Nessus posted:

Personally I would be fine with letting people have all the guns they want, with the only restrictions being on poo poo like artillery shells, if in exchange we got a modern program of social democracy in this country. My only caveats would be "can you folks be magnanimous enough to declare victory already and find some other way to pat y'all selves on the back" and the aforementioned "not LeJackal, no guns for him" clause that has gotten general assent.

I can agree to this, but good luck getting the NRA and associated lobbies to buy into this. They love touting the conservative line political: Small Government, Less Regulations, Less Safety Nets.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Oct 25, 2015

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

I can agree to this, but good luck getting the NRA and associated lobbies to buy into this. They low touting the conservative line political: Small Government, Less Regulations, Less Safety Nets.
What I do find interesting is that the whole masculinity angle in this topic has been slowly emerging, like a turtle's head, into the public journalism and discourse. Will it accomplish anything? Who knows. But it's nice to see it getting said.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Nessus posted:

I'm gonna be real with you that gun control was actually invented as a legislative concept purely to try and evoke new, natural-sounding verbal abuse from others for the benefit of our erotic gratification. It's all been a work; I actually shook Hillary's hand down at the local pistol range earlier in the month.

Sorry you had to find out this way that it was a sex thing. But I guess you kind of figured that out yourself.
Is this field related to the Freedom Field that a firearm generates when in circuit with a freedom-loving American, or are they unrelated phenomena?

I would say that some of this is a little disingenuous, because many are the people I have heard who have said "Well, I support basically every aspect of the Democratic agenda, but Diane Feinstein said something about my guns, so I'm gonna vote for Bush/Romney/McCain."

vvv yeah see

"I know everything :shillary: says is pandering and is really a puppet for the finacial elite; Bernie's politics and record line up with my progressive values, but he did vote against the Brady Bill so I'm voting establishment Democrat"

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Nessus posted:

I don't think anyone in actual fact is trying to get rid of anyone's guns but what, pray tell, is this 3% of the population?

I'll give up my guns once this country/world accepts communist technotopia.

tumblr.txt
Jan 11, 2015

by zen death robot

Um, you might want to read that again, consider what % of the population identifies as White vs Black, then look at the absolute numbers listed.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

gohmak posted:

"I know everything :shillary: says is pandering and is really a puppet for the finacial elite; Bernie's politics and record line up with my progressive values, but he did vote against the Brady Bill so I'm voting establishment Democrat"
Why you gotta bring lizard-person solidarity into this?

I think a better analogy would be "I fully support cutting taxes on the rich, re-re-reinvading Iraq, and building a giant vanity border wall, but personally I think we should leave our oil in the ground so we can lord it over the Saudis when they run out, so I'm gonna vote for Obama."

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

tumblr.txt posted:

Um, you might want to read that again, consider what % of the population identifies as White vs Black, then look at the absolute numbers listed.

No, pretty much regardless of which way you look at that chart, more often than not Whites are the majority offenders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

No, pretty much regardless of which way you look at that chart, more often than not Whites are the majority offenders.
Personally I think there's some systemic problems in the white community which they just aren't taking responsibility for. White-on-white crime is rampant, and far too many young bright white youths end up dying before their times in public shootings.

But until whites take some responsibility for the state of their culture I'm not sure if we can do anything.

• Locked thread