Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Sailor Senshi?
This poll is closed.
Sailor Moon/Usagi Tsukino 6 4.51%
Sailor Mercury/Ami Mizuno 15 11.28%
Sailor Mars/Rei Hino 23 17.29%
Sailor Jupiter/Makoto Kino 42 31.58%
Sailor Venus/Minako Aino 6 4.51%
why didnt you put the outers on here fucker 41 30.83%
Total: 133 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Bad Seafood posted:

Jigen's Gravestone is a great movie.

I hope they do something with that ending, since I assume the new series has nothing to do with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I have decided, that everyone has to watch Jigen Daisuke's Gravestone.

Participation is mandatory.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I saw a few random episodes of Sailor Moon dubbed into swedish as a child. I remember randomly seeing the final episode where they all die.

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

littleorv posted:

I just finished Bakemonogatari and it was fantastic. I loving love that ED as well. I will start Nisemonogatari later tonight because I want to see this toothbrush scene. No, I need to see this toothbrush scene

its not just a scene, its pretty much the whole episode

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

littleorv posted:

I just finished Bakemonogatari and it was fantastic. I loving love that ED as well. I will start Nisemonogatari later tonight because I want to see this toothbrush scene. No, I need to see this toothbrush scene

Karen is good

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

The Colonel posted:

Gunbuster owns.

And, its theme also got hit with a license strike on Youtube.

good, goooooooooooooood. Join the mech side

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
I still haven't watched the third and final episode of Garzey's Wing. I don't want the ride to end.

I'll probably save it for when I've been having a really poo poo day and need some cheering up.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

FartRomancer.EXE posted:

its not just a scene, its pretty much the whole episode

Oh boy, I'm excited for the fanservice of this 13 year old girl

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

yeah, kcb and i went to an animal park to celebrate our 6 year anniversary and then we had food at a local restaurant and then came back home and now kcb is asleep and i'm typing @ people on the internet and listening to cool muisc

What are you listening to?

THis was my playlist for the day.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

littleorv posted:

Oh boy, I'm excited for the fanservice of this 13 year old girl

She's just trying to keep her teeth clean!

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
i feel like there has to be some subtextual reason for all incest themes running rampant in monogatari but darn if i'm smart enough to suss it out

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Hi chat thread. It's my birthday and I'm glad Jupiter, the best Inner Senshi, is winning the poll.

happy birthday

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Tarranon posted:

i feel like there has to be some subtextual reason for all incest themes running rampant in monogatari but darn if i'm smart enough to suss it out

I'm gonna go with vampires somehow

BeanBandit
Mar 15, 2001

Beanbandit?
Son of a bitch!

Droyer posted:

I saw a few random episodes of Sailor Moon dubbed into swedish as a child. I remember randomly seeing the final episode where they all die.

spoilers!

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Tarranon posted:

that's my only qualm with the movie. not necessarily because it's offensive, i like the design and it's really scary looking

but it doesn't go anywhere and worse drags on for way too long in an otherwise perfectly paced movie
I wouldn't say it's offensive, per se, just needlessly dark and a bit too exploitative even for Lupin.

But also, yeah, it's just kinda there, goes on way too long, and doesn't really impact the plot or the characters.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Parallax posted:

I hope they do something with that ending, since I assume the new series has nothing to do with it
It's a reference to another Lupin flim, dating Jigen's Gravestone as having taken place beforehand.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Bad Seafood posted:

It's a reference to another Lupin flim, dating Jigen's Gravestone as having taken place beforehand.

If that's the only reason they put that character in there, it seems like dumb fanservice, but I guess bringing that character back could be dumb fan service too

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Bad Seafood posted:

I wouldn't say it's offensive, per se, just needlessly dark and a bit too exploitative even for Lupin.

But also, yeah, it's just kinda there, goes on way too long, and doesn't really impact the plot or the characters.

Woman is sexually threatened is just such a lame threat when it's not really part of the plot at all, in most cases

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Srice posted:

I have decided, that everyone has to watch Jigen Daisuke's Gravestone.

Participation is mandatory.

Hmm. No, I'm good.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Parallax posted:

If that's the only reason they put that character in there, it seems like dumb fanservice, but I guess bringing that character back could be dumb fan service too
It's just a fun little nod from one movie to another in a film franchise (set against the backdrop of a larger media franchise) where continuity matters very little.

I don't think it's dumb.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I really wish somebody would sub the new Lupin series already. That art style is so good.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Reds posted:

I really wish somebody would sub the new Lupin series already. That art style is so good.

There have been subs out!

Just not for the episodes that are Italian dub-only.

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Tarranon posted:

Nope

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I wish the Jigen episode in the new series was good but it has a bit of a lame ending.

It was gonna be hard no matter what because of Jigen's Gravestone, but dang I don't like the way it ended.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

a kitten posted:

What are you listening to?

THis was my playlist for the day.

the fall mix

:coffee:

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Bad Seafood posted:

It's just a fun little nod from one movie to another in a film franchise (set against the backdrop of a larger media franchise) where continuity matters very little.

I don't think it's dumb.

Dumb is harsh, I guess it just feels like a stinger for something else, not a reference to the past

basically I'm just saying I want Koike to do more Lupin dammit

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

Srice posted:

There have been subs out!

Just not for the episodes that are Italian dub-only.

Oh, cool, thanks. Will the subs be limited in any way as the series progresses, or does that mean it just takes a bit longer for the subs to come out?

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

i can understand that a lot of the things he puts in are because he is a horny boy as well but

it's a smart show in a lot of ways...it'd surprise me if something so taboo was played so unapologetically with no additional thought put into it...

but you might be right

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Reds posted:

Oh, cool, thanks. Will the subs be limited in any way as the series progresses, or does that mean it just takes a bit longer for the subs to come out?

Hasn't been licensed so no telling when the fansubs for each episode will hit, but it does look like there are a few folks out there that will continue working on it so that's something.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

There are literally over a dozen episodes of the new Lupin show unsubbed, because Italian anime nerds are probably spending freetime on productive things and their personal instead of providing me with translations of the Italian dub.

It's hosed up.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

littleorv posted:

I just watched the first ep myself. Too much time spent on Hachikuji's panties, imo.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

gently caress it I'm gonna watch the first episode of Nisemonogatari right now

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Tarranon posted:

the fall mix

:coffee:

ooo

That inspires me to put some of those songs in a mix of my own.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Also, I think I just realized something. is Sengaku the tuturu~~ girl from Steins Gate?

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Hi chat thread. It's my birthday and I'm glad Jupiter, the best Inner Senshi, is winning the poll.

Happy Birthday, and Jupiter is part of the Outer Solar System.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I wish Senjougahara would kidnap me

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5Ca_E_-IVE

you can still watch groovin magic

heck yah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010