Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Luigi Thirty posted:

They arrested a guy in South Carolina for heroin trafficking. you'll never believe what they found when they got to his property.

:stare:

Look guys! They're already taken .003% of America's guns! They're coming for your guns! Buy more guns and ammo now! Monday is 10% bulk ammo purchases of 5+ cases!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

Mooseontheloose posted:

Logistically, how can one person use all those guns?

in some parts of the country you have to gently caress every gun you own before its truly yorus

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

No he got arrested, crank up the volume at the end of the movie and you'll hear him surrendering to the cops.

true. but on duke, I remember listening to a podcast episode about hate groups and it talked about how he first started beleiving the bullshit and it was because of nudity in holocaust pictures. He had been doing some moralist rant in high school about dirty pictures and one of his friends pointed out that people saw them in holocaust lesson.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Luigi Thirty posted:

They arrested a guy in South Carolina for heroin trafficking. you'll never believe what they found when they got to his property.

:stare:

Well surely the removal if this outlier will be enough to adjust that 4 guns average per owner statistic.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Sir Tonk posted:

Apparently there's quite a few stashes around Texas, the militia idiots talk about them all the time at the local gun shows.

Of course, those guys are typically full of poo poo cowards, but I wouldn't put it past them to spend all their money on weapons just so they can hoard them all in some bunker in west Texas.

My aunt was the clerk of a tiny town in Michigan in the mid-90s that got caught up in militia fever. In the span of a few years they took over the town, hired their buddies until they had 15 cops in a town of 500 (they had 1 originally), and after a few years they all got the ATF knocking on their door for buying assault weapons intended for like urban SWAT teams and stashing them in a rusted-out truck in a field outside of town for when Clinton came to take away their guns.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

mlmp08 posted:

Weird. Looks like a hoarder who took hoarding to a new level by having thieves fence guns to him then he would just hoard them. Article says they're almost entirely shotguns and hunting rifles. Also had over 150 chainsaws.

150 chainsaws? :stare:

Like, what would you even do with that many chainsaws? I think this is more TLC-style hoarders than anything else.

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
Please move the gunchat to the gun thread. Oh

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

http://prntly.com/blog/2015/10/25/developing-amidst-insults-to-gop-voters-jeb-to-drop-out-monday/

So apparently JEB! might drop out monday.

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

TheRamblingSoul posted:

150 chainsaws? :stare:

Like, what would you even do with that many chainsaws?

A really impressive juggling routine.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

On Terra Firma posted:

Literally made me :lol:. Thanks for that!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

On Terra Firma posted:

I can only do this once.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

it's going to be clinton v trump

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

If you had asked me at the beginning of this campaign cycle, I would have told you JEB! was the for-sure GOP nominee.

Now, I don't really know. Will the GOP establishment concede the nomination to Trump purely on the basis of voter popularity? How does this size up with his superficial attempt in the 2012 cycle?

For as much as I should hate Trump for his reality show personality and policies, I can't help but love him for obliterating his primary competition. :allears:

[e]: Also, did Florida goons know about JEB! all this time? How did he mask his incompetence for so long on the national level? If JEB! was so awful at politics this whole time, then what does that say about his Florida competitors for governor?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

TheRamblingSoul posted:

[e]: Also, did Florida goons know about JEB! all this time? How did he mask his incompetence for so long on the national level? If JEB! was so awful at politics this whole time, then what does that say about his Florida competitors for governor?

I think he was seen as a Dubya sort of bad but still a competent politician.

No one expected that he agreed with his mom about there being too many Bushes in the White House.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I refuse to believe Jeb! will drop out so early. If he did it would be 100% because of Trump and I want to believe that Jeb! so desperately wants to not prove Trump right. Too much pride or whatever.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Oh, please be true.

TheRamblingSoul posted:

For as much as I should hate Trump for his reality show personality and policies, I can't help but love him for obliterating his primary competition. :allears:

Seconded. I'm loving his attacks on Carson already. If he had faced down Romney, Romney would've had to renounce Mormonism and become a Christian proper before December 2011.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

From what I hear the Florida Dems are notoriously inept.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Radish posted:

From what I hear the Florida Dems are notoriously inept.

The Florida Democratic Party is totally dysfunctional. If they had any idea what they were doing this would be a blue state and Charlie Crist would be governor right now.

Yes, we all knew about Jeb! all along. He destroyed the education system and now Skeletor is wrecking everything he didn't destroy.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Hmm, yes, I totally believe this one line item at the top of a copy-pasted WSJ story on a no-name site with Donald Trump ads all over it.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://vine.co/v/eVWDFgHQ5pX

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Recent posts:

Trump successfully pressures Ford to move Mexican plant to Ohio
Why is Ben Carson so quiet, mellow, low key? Violent history shows us
Ben Carson: Americans lazy, endorses Amnesty at IOWA “OCTOBER RALLY”

Yeah seems legit

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
At this point I don't think there's any doubt that he's going to drop out. But I'd be a little surprised if he did it before Iowa. On the other hand, all signs - the comment, pay cut, and this family meeting with supporters - suggest that doing it sooner rather than later is an option on the table, so :shrug:

PostNouveau posted:

Why is Ben Carson so quiet, mellow, low key? Violent history shows us

quote:

BEN MAY USE MEDICINE TO CALM ANGER:

Some analysts believe that Ben Carson may sedate himself to calm himself down, and to avoid being angry and furious, as he once was. As a Doctor, he can prescribe himself any medicine he’d like.

I'm in love with the idea Carson has to be pumped full of valium and thorazine lest he fly into Hulk rage and begin tearing apart friend and foe alike. When he's not on stage they probably keep him in a containment chamber where he's lulled by soothing prayers and lullabies.

edit: but honestly it's disgustingly, transparently racist. I'm sure the neurosurgeon just flies into violent fits unless he's doped to the gills on the medicine he gives himself :rolleyes:

Sharkie fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Oct 25, 2015

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
What are the perceived weaknesses of Rubio? I know about the whole water-drinking incident, but is the argument that Rubio is a weak candidate based mainly on his age? It seems likely that the next GOP debate will have a Rubio subplot as the Bush campaign continues to implode.

edit: realized I plopped this down in the wrong thread

sharkbomb fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Oct 25, 2015

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
There's no way he drops out on Monday. I mean, he's in third in New Hampshire only behind Trump and Carson. Also, Trump just announced that he's done jabbing at Bush and has started his assault on Carson, and Carson's lead over Bush isn't that great.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Jeb's campaign is a non-starter and it's lighting money on fire trying to start a non-starter.

The Daily 202: Jeb Bush’s 86% burn rate underscores fundraising struggles for the GOP establishment

quote:

The former Florida governor spent 86 percent of the money he collected over the past three months, burning through $11.5 million of the $13.4 million that he raised.

quote:

Despite tons of pro-Bush ads airing in the early states, and Jeb’s aggressive schedule, his numbers are lingering and languishing in the single digits. The campaign chalks up its high burn rate to building an infrastructure that can win over the long haul, but insiders fear Jeb is overly dependent on his super PAC. The big open question is whether establishment Republicans are nervous enough to start thinking about throwing their weight behind another candidate or whether they will stick with Jeb in the long-term out of loyalty to the Bush dynasty.

Jeb will not be president of anything.

EDIT: He's also probably not gonna drop out Monday, but we can all hope. He certainly can't take another month like this. He's gonna have to get some kind of PR win. At this rate, he almost certainly will not appear in any upcoming elections.

Full Battle Rattle fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Oct 25, 2015

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)
I'm sorry, does anyone have the gif of everyone at the debate replaced by trumps? I never saved it.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

In other news, Chris Christie got kicked out of the Amtrak quiet car for being a loud boorish rear end in a top hat, aka being Chris Christie. He was drinking a McD's strawberry smoothie at the time and doesn't appear to have lost much weight despite his stomach surgery.

As much as Jeb sucks at campaigning, you've gotta give him some credit for at least sticking to his diet.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Lid posted:

it's going to be clinton v trump

Hillary vs Trump 2016 sounds like a satirical Onion article from 1995.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

sharkbomb posted:

What are the perceived weaknesses of Rubio? I know about the whole water-drinking incident, but is the argument that Rubio is a weak candidate based mainly on his age? It seems likely that the next GOP debate will have a Rubio subplot as the Bush campaign continues to implode.

Has some poor real estate deals and other questionable financial stuff in his past*. Is generally seen as a lightweight and a flake. In the Republican primary he also has to answer for his immigration bill.

* There may be nothing to this, but it's very interesting that he's lagging behind where he should be in donations and endorsements. And remember that the Romney team vetted him and passed on making him VP. There may be something that is known in Republican donor circles, but not yet publicly known.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Rhesus Pieces posted:

In other news, Chris Christie got kicked out of the Amtrak quiet car for being a loud boorish rear end in a top hat, aka being Chris Christie. He was drinking a McD's strawberry smoothie at the time and doesn't appear to have lost much weight despite his stomach surgery.

As much as Jeb sucks at campaigning, you've gotta give him some credit for at least sticking to his diet.

Chris Christie is another non-starter, and it's simply because he's so fat. He's so fat that he's had loving stomach-stapling surgery and has overcome that PHYSICAL OBSTACLE TO APPETITE to the point where he remains this fat. I mean, holy poo poo.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

I needed that this morning, thanks!

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005

Joementum posted:

Has some poor real estate deals and other questionable financial stuff in his past*. Is generally seen as a lightweight and a flake. In the Republican primary he also has to answer for his immigration bill.

* There may be nothing to this, but it's very interesting that he's lagging behind where he should be in donations and endorsements. And remember that the Romney team vetted him and passed on making him VP. There may be something that is known in Republican donor circles, but not yet publicly known.

Ah, that's right. I remember reading about Rubio's benefactor (http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/10/us/billionaire-lifts-marco-rubio-politically-and-personally.html) rescuing him from his personal money problems. I think this will be difficult for Rubio to get past that as the attention shifts towards him-- the Republican base seems especially intolerant towards politicians that are perceived as "purchased" (as Trump's effective line of attack against everyone has shown).

Joementum, interesting post about Rubio being passed over for VP in 2012, but I can't actually remember how high Rubio's profile was back then and if he was a serious candidate for the job. I wonder if his meteoric rise in Florida politics has outpaced the ability to dig up any of his dirt, which will start becoming known as the campaign season continues.

sharkbomb fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Oct 25, 2015

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Chris Christie was the only Republican I feared since a few years ago Serious People were trying to make him out to be a moderate Republican that conservative Dems should cross the aisle and vote for. Luckily for us the Tea Party turned on him and in an attempt to stabilize he shed the venire that he isn't 500 pounds of poo poo in a 400 pound bag and went full public rear end in a top hat.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

sharkbomb posted:

Ah, that's right. I remember reading about Rubio's benefactor (http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/10/us/billionaire-lifts-marco-rubio-politically-and-personally.html) rescuing him from his personal money problems. I think this will be difficult for Rubio to get past that as the attention shifts towards him-- the Republican base seems especially intolerant towards politicians that are perceived as "purchased" (as Trump's effective line of attack against everyone has shown).

Joementum, interesting post about Rubio being passed over for VP in 2012, but I can't actually remember how high Rubio's profile was back then and if he was a serious candidate for the job. I wonder if his meteoric rise in Florida politics has outpaced the ability to dig up any of his dirt, which will start becoming known as the campaign season continues.

His name came up for VP a lot that year, along with Rob Portman, among others.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

Apoplexy posted:

Chris Christie is another non-starter, and it's simply because he's so fat. He's so fat that he's had loving stomach-stapling surgery and has overcome that PHYSICAL OBSTACLE TO APPETITE to the point where he remains this fat. I mean, holy poo poo.

To be fair eating your way right through stomach stapling surgery is not unheard of at all. It's one of the biggest risks of the procedure and can kill you if your thimble-sized stomach bursts due to over-stretching.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Obdicut posted:

Boa constrictor is the only animal whose genus-species name is the same as its common name.

I've always thought he looked like the nasty version of TV's Frank.

He can't be the evil version since TV's Frank is evil.

TV's Frank is a Hillary supporter. He's the sidekick on John Fugelsang's show on Insight 121 on SiriusXM.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Radish posted:

Chris Christie was the only Republican I feared since a few years ago Serious People were trying to make him out to be a moderate Republican that conservative Dems should cross the aisle and vote for. Luckily for us the Tea Party turned on him and in an attempt to stabilize he shed the venire that he isn't 500 pounds of poo poo in a 400 pound bag and went full public rear end in a top hat.

And also conservative Dems don't exist anymore.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

sharkbomb posted:

edit: realized I plopped this down in the wrong thread

Still fairly relevant. I think Rubio's biggest weakness in the primaries will be the fact that on occasion, he's considered illegal immigrants to be human beings. When he starts nipping at Trump's heels, expect this to be the noose he'll hang on.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ballz posted:

Still fairly relevant. I think Rubio's biggest weakness in the primaries will be the fact that on occasion, he's considered illegal immigrants to be human beings. When he starts nipping at Trump's heels, expect this to be the noose he'll hang on.

this. he has the problem that most of the GOP has. too conservative for much of the public, but not conservative enough for the nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

sharkbomb posted:

He was definitely being touted as a serious candidate for VP in 2012, especially in light of his hypothetical ability to cross demographic lines and appeal to Hispanic voters - it was felt he might offset the sheer overpowering White-Bread-osity of Romney. Having said that, Ryan and his emphasis on the budget was probably viewed as the more attractive option, given that the economy was where Romney needed all the campaign emphasis to be, so the fact that Rubio wasn't picked as the VP candidate may not be an indication that there's anything particularly damning about him... but he seemed like such a natural pick that it's still a valid question to raise, methinks.

• Locked thread