Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Stormgale posted:

Brace of pistols + Strength potion is a good way to dump ammo into a rat ogre too.

Pistols + speed potion and you turn into a loving minigun, it's so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Dezztroy posted:

Pistols + speed potion and you turn into a loving minigun, it's so good.

That's fair too, I mostly hold strength so you can go Potion->Bomb->brace, buffed up by any AOE buffing teammates

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Strength potion buffs your ranged weapons?

drat does this game need a manual.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
Well defense level + hard setting.. stupidly crazy. Think i need better loot first. Any tips/pointers?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

hooman posted:

The manual is your fellow players! :eng101:

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
While the harquebus is fantastic, repeater rifles can be good in a pinch too.

IAmUnaware
Jan 31, 2012
Rolled a 7, got a hat:

It's cool, but I wish it had the ostrich feathers glued to it.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Minrad posted:

I am now very afraid of feeding all these loving repeater pistols into the forge :(

Just toss them in, use any repeaters you've got as disenchant junk to upgrade your next level weapons.

Yesterday the game wanted me to play Kruber as I went from all whites to having 3 greens on him. A Zwiehander with a 45.5% chance to restore all stamina when guard-broken, a Harquebus with potential free ammo, and a repeater with Heal on Kill. Today the game decided that, no, it really wants me to be Saltspyre as it first gave me a blue rapier with bonus stamina and heal on kill, and last game of the night it gave me a blue brace with penetrating shots and knockback. On the plus side I'm starting to get really good at the rapier, and slowly improving at dodging and blocking.

Still kinda junk on the trinket side, but at least I'm getting trinkets. I really envy Secret Agent Cow and his potential to dupe healing item trinkets (btw, we proved it can dupe when healing others with medpacks). I've got a +4% movement speed and respawn 50% faster for my trinkets.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

hooman posted:

Strength potion buffs all your damage, bombs, ranged, melee

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

I bought this game to play with a friend and he's getting nonstop "Backend Error - Wrong transition. Going from state connected connected to connection initialized." errors. I've googled it and it looks like it mainly comes up when the servers are down, though I verified the servers were up and my copy functioned perfectly at the same time he was having problems. Does anyone have any ideas? I have looked this up and come up totally empty. Just hoping someone has some experience with this?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Coolguye posted:

We had a pub elf earlier get hooked, and the dwarf immediately asked "The elf got hooked, do we want her back?"

As though we needed more reasons to love the dwarf.

I smile every time at that line and almost want to say, "No".

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Stormgale posted:

Strength potion buffs all your damage, bombs, ranged, melee

This is very helpful since I have the AOE potions trinket.

Now I just need to see if there's a quickpotion bind.

GLUG GLUG GLUG STAB STAB STAB

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

hooman posted:

This is very helpful since I have the AOE potions trinket.

Now I just need to see if there's a quickpotion bind.

GLUG GLUG GLUG STAB STAB STAB

This is very helpful, especiallt for chain bombs, going AOE potion buff into bomb into a few shots into my potion into pistol is really good

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Everyone always says "the imperial pistol for kruber is the best!" Get real nerds! Try his one shot carbine rifle. BAM everything dies, get 50% reload speed on that and its a murder machine. Absolutely love it got a blue version. THe weapon has headshot and piercing by default, and its basically 95% full damage on the bar. With 50% reload if I botch a headshot on a special the next shot regardless will kill it even on highest difficulty.

That plus a str potion vs ogre is just so drat good.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

The one shot rifle is the Handgun/harquebus.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Galaga Galaxian posted:

The one shot rifle is the Handgun/harquebus.

Thats a handgun? :aaa: I thought people were talking about like a pistol.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

Al Borland posted:

There is no pistol for the soldier. It is either the single shot or the repeating model.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Hypha posted:

There is no pistol for the soldier. It is either the single shot or the repeating model.

you forget the blunderbuss too.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Al Borland posted:

you forget the blunderbuss too.

So did the developers.

I just got a Repeater with Master Crafted and proceeded to get 128 ranged kills with Kruber. That thing is awesome for shooting down swarms, even if it lacks a little for blasting specials. It can do it, just takes a couple shots, unlike the handgun.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Blunderbuss isn't worth remembering. :v:

Al Borland posted:

Nope. These are Empire Handgunners.

Handgun in the sense its a handheld gun. Warhammer is an era where most blackpowder weapons are big cannons and stuff.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Blunderbuss isn't worth remembering. :v:

Nope. These are Empire Handgunners.

Handgun in the sense its a handheld gun. Warhammer is an era where most blackpowder weapons are big cannons and stuff.

I can't tell you how upset I am that this amazings tory end times is poo poo on by a moon crashing into the planet and wiping everyone out. I mean this is seriously good poo poo and then they go and GW all over it.

The empire was an awesome beautiful snowflake :smith:

The Saltzpyre -> Kruber conversation about his family farm always makes me sad. I hope his family is okay :ohdear: They surely heard the horn and got away.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

They're probably fine. Kruber's a tremendous badass, so it stands to reason his family must be, too.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Al Borland posted:

The Saltzpyre -> Kruber conversation about his family farm always makes me sad. I hope his family is okay :ohdear: They surely heard the horn and got away.

In the illusion room of the Wizards tower the Soldier says after all this he'll need some time to visit his family :(

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Is it true the devs are huge Vampire Counts fans? I would really love a Vampire Count character as DLC

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Coolguye posted:

Drakefires are brilliant. They do about 2/3rds of the damage of the handgun. They do not benefit from head shot though, so realistically you need substantially more hits to bring down a target...but that doesn't matter, because it runs off heat and not ammo, so you have infinite hits. The accuracy sucks so extreme range is out, but mid range is fine since misses basically don't matter.

And the secondary attack on the drakefires is the beam staff shotgun, which gives the dwarf yet another way to knock hordes down.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Pathos posted:

I bought this game to play with a friend and he's getting nonstop "Backend Error - Wrong transition. Going from state connected connected to connection initialized." errors. I've googled it and it looks like it mainly comes up when the servers are down, though I verified the servers were up and my copy functioned perfectly at the same time he was having problems. Does anyone have any ideas? I have looked this up and come up totally empty. Just hoping someone has some experience with this?

Did he have the closed beta client and did he copy the files from that to make the full game install faster? If so, tell him to remove all the .patch0 (I think was the extension) files.

If that's not it, sorry, no idea. He should probably get in touch with support.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
I think so far my fav trait is more powerful shoves with a shield. It sends stormrats reeling like normal skaven and normal skaven go flying all over the place. It buys way more time than the charge attacks and you can even bully stormvermin around like a bulldozer. On Man the Ramparts, i just dumped half a stormvermin patrol on nightmare over a cliff.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Excelsiortothemax posted:

I don't know if it was broken or just a really bad spawn but a goon group I was in was hit by a literal vermintide on hard White Rat. I would say double to triple the normal spawn rate. We lost horribly but it was a bit of fun.

I always have a super smooth framerate in Vermintide, but this took me down to single digit FPS. It was nuts. Every single inch of that huge room at the beginning was ratmen without any exaggeration. I chucked a +40% radius improved bomb in the middle of them. It was beautiful. Something was definitely broken.

I haven't seen many people complaining about the difficulty of White Rat around here, instead favoring discussion on how bullshit hard Wheat & Chaff is. I can only assume that none of you have gotten that far into the game yet, because jesus gently caress is Wheat & Chaff a joke by comparison. A leisurely stroll through some sunny, picturesque farmlands. I haven't even managed to beat White Rat on hard yet. Cataclysm difficulty seems like it would be 100% impossible.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
The one time I roll a 7 it's a loving poison bow. :negative:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Vargs posted:

I haven't seen many people complaining about the difficulty of White Rat around here, instead favoring discussion on how bullshit hard Wheat & Chaff is. I can only assume that none of you have gotten that far into the game yet, because jesus gently caress is Wheat & Chaff a joke by comparison. A leisurely stroll through some sunny, picturesque farmlands. I haven't even managed to beat White Rat on hard yet. Cataclysm difficulty seems like it would be 100% impossible.

I've done it on normal, and besides a steady stream of 1-2 Stormvermin (one of which always died before reaching the group), it wasn't too bad. I can assume that in Cataclysm that's a steady stream of 3-4 buffed Stormvermin, so I can see how that can go wrong fast.

Also, I like the little touches on the inn once you win the game.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
I love the way peoples phones are auto correcting skaven to shaven. It actually works for one of the weaker horde rat types.

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

I am absolutely amazed you guys are having trouble with the bright wizard on higher difficulties. I've got an orange conflag staff with meh abilities, and I can still rock pretty much anything the game throws at me. The important thing to remember is that hitting a friendly with a LMB fireball does like 1% damage, so don't be scared to use it near allies. The giant conflag explosion also doesn't hurt allies at all. I feel they need to buff the other staff types, they really don't seem worth the trouble.

Porpoise With A Purpose fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Oct 26, 2015

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGwDmDwspFg

Ogre doesn't give a gently caress. Look at that smug fucker.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Gonkish posted:

complete with patronizing elf

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Longshot007 posted:

I am absolutely amazed you guys are having trouble with the bright wizard on higher difficulties. I've got an orange conflag staff with meh abilities, and I can still rock pretty much anything the game throws at me. The important thing to remember is that hitting a friendly with a LMB fireball does like 1% damage, so don't be scared to use it near allies. The giant conflag explosion also doesn't hurt allies at all. I feel they need to buff the other staff types, they really don't seem worth the trouble.

I've tried Nightmare with a white conflagration staff and it works. Even if you're not an engine of destruction, you can stun Stormvermin long enough for someone to kill and the alt fire knocks skaven around quite a bit, even if you don't kill them outright, which is still useful.

Gonkish posted:

This is amazing.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Pubbies are hard at work finding new ways to exploit the Horn finale. You can stand on the diagonal beams on the sides of the horn to get the same effect as when you sat underneath.

Why they need exploits when you have the bench and ammobow, who knows.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Longshot007 posted:

Nightmare BW definitely isn't worthless, but it's a huge drop in effectiveness from hard. You don't feel that nearly as heavily on other classes.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Vargs posted:

I always have a super smooth framerate in Vermintide, but this took me down to single digit FPS. It was nuts. Every single inch of that huge room at the beginning was ratmen without any exaggeration. I chucked a +40% radius improved bomb in the middle of them. It was beautiful. Something was definitely broken.

Weird, we found White Rat to be generally doable, and pulled it off on Hard on the third try. The main difficulty there is really just learning where the lightning-crystals are and dealing with the rat ogre on the narrow walkways without flying off, once you're past that the rest is a breeze. Meanwhile we've still yet to manage a win on Hard Wheat & Chaff.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
I ran through all the mission on Hard with a friend (other 2 slots were pubbies) on release and never had to retry a mission outside of Wheat & Chaff. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

amuayse posted:

Is it true the devs are huge Vampire Counts fans? I would really love a Vampire Count character as DLC

We need every major non-Chaos race to get a character. Dark elf corsair with a repeating crossbow, high elf White Lion, a vampire count, a black orc mercenary, a Bretonian knight, etc.

• Locked thread