Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
I loved it. Any episode where a ghost talks about eating a dog's pussy is a good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Jon Daly's willingness to get weird and vulgar is the greatest. Bill Cosby.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

feedmyleg posted:

I didn't particularly dig this ep. It felt more like I was listening to a compilation from previous years rather than its own thing, just too much repetition without enough new spin.

If you look at the episode photos, none of the guests were in the room at the same time. I think that added a lot to the "stitched together" feel. Everybody was just rehashing their bits/characters without having each other to play off of.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

soggybagel posted:

Jon Daly's willingness to get weird and vulgar is the greatest. Bill Cosby.

'why are you interrupting my rape session'

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I also liked how he completely forgot he was working in the lab, and then got embarrassed when Scott had to remind him.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
If you're a fan of Nick Wiger check out his pcast "Doughboys" with birthday boy Mike "Mitch" Mitchell where they review chain restaurants as earnestly as they can. Admittedly your roasted out retard brains would probably be unable to appreciate people saying they like things without it being extremely broad and lazy sarcasm, but give it a shot.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Work Friend Keven posted:

If you're a fan of Nick Wiger check out his pcast "Doughboys" with birthday boy Mike "Mitch" Mitchell where they review chain restaurants as earnestly as they can.

Yes, it's very good and fun

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The end of the TGI Fridays doughboys is fantastic.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

JethroMcB posted:

If you look at the episode photos, none of the guests were in the room at the same time. I think that added a lot to the "stitched together" feel. Everybody was just rehashing their bits/characters without having each other to play off of.

That makes a ton of sense. The original Halloween episode was great because there were so many absurd characters interacting and this episode didn't recapture that hectic energy

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

Riptor posted:

That makes a ton of sense. The original Halloween episode was great because there were so many absurd characters interacting and this episode didn't recapture that hectic energy

Agreed. Also, what was with the 3 new Creepies bit? It seemed like they were trying to call someone into the room to play them and the people/person didn't bite.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Fans of Horatio saying how to drive places in LA will be thrilled by this weeks ep of Doughboys, the podcast about chain restaurants.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Work Friend Keven posted:

Fans of Horatio saying how to drive places in LA will be thrilled by this weeks ep of Doughboys, the podcast about chain restaurants.

gently caress. Guess I'm subscribing to a new podcast now.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
God drat I like this episode.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

detectivemonkey posted:

God drat I like this episode.

It really is so loving good.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
I see its a PFT and Mantzoukas episode so i hope theres lots of sarcastically/incredulously correcting each other when someone misspeaks or gets a fact wrong or something, and also a shitload of going over old catchphrases & CBB canon

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I mean, 100% accurate. And that number can't lie.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

They pretty much have to get June Diane Raphael to play June now, don't they.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Jason trying really hard to turn PFT into Andy Daly

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Fun episode, but Scott sincerely DOES sound exhausted. He should take a break, and let Jason or Gourley or someone like that be a guest host for a couple months. He was really letting Jason and PFT do the heavy lifting this episode (which is thankfully two guests you can confidentally do that with). I JUST DON'T WANT HIM TO BURN HIMSELF OUT

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
Why would I wear two crowns on my head heyoo

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
Them railroading PFT to sing was beautiful :911:

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I don't know why PFT sounded so annoyed by the time it ended, as if he wasn't planning on letting it get as far as it did, he is the one that brought up Janitor Mike and the life swap in the first place.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I think the sex stuff and most notably the satanism were not really his chosen topics of interest. I do like this recently recurring pattern where PFT accidentally encroaches on other people's characters and figures it out on-air (Adomian's Leykis in the radio episode with Lapkus + Andy Daly's general oeuvre here)

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.
I think if you agree to go on a podcast with Mantzoukas, you know that some dark sex stuff is coming up in conversation.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
He's single, ladies!

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Leospeare posted:

I think if you agree to go on a podcast with Mantzoukas, you know that some dark sex stuff is coming up in conversation.

I thought this episode was super boring. if you replaced June with the puppet it's the same episode. Mild mannered character turns into Satan. The joke isn't as funny the third or fourth time I hear the same thing.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

ImPureAwesome posted:

I thought this episode was super boring. if you replaced June with the puppet it's the same episode. Mild mannered character turns into Satan. The joke isn't as funny the third or fourth time I hear the same thing.

Yeah

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I didn't feel that Paul got annoyed. The episode was good all around.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

UP AND ADAM posted:

I didn't feel that Paul got annoyed. The episode was good all around.
I got the impression that Paul was bummed that Jason sent him down a 100% patented Andy Daly character route. I am much more forgiving than most listeners, but that actually did bum me out and I'm surprised PFT didn't immediately shut it down.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I think everyone on the podcast Comedy Bang Bang should go their separate ways and cool the eff off.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Scott does need to change things up though. I feel bad for him having to do 40 episodes of an unsuccessful TV show.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

UP AND ADAM posted:

I feel bad for him having to do 40 episodes of an unsuccessful TV show.

Gotta be more successful than No, You Shut Up!.

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC

UP AND ADAM posted:

Scott does need to change things up though. I feel bad for him having to do 40 episodes of an unsuccessful TV show.

What's the story on this? I think the show is decent and I enjoy it but it's a flop and he doesn't like doing? If its unsuccessful why do they keep making so many episodes?

Wax Lion
Aug 24, 2009

I think it must be really cheap, semi-lucrative to sell to Netflix, and valuable to IFC in that maybe it establishes a relationship with the celebrities that agree to appear on it?

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I'm no expert but to me it seems like your tv show is doing okay if it gets ordered a 40 episode season. Also in a roundabout way it got Scott to be the head writer for the Emmys.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It keeps getting booted to a later and later slot, which is not a good sign.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

I mean it's IFC, I'm not sure Scott or anyone else was expecting it to be "successful" in the conventional way. It looks very fun to shoot, he gets to work with all his friends, and its been going on for like four seasons, what's so bad about that?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Groucho Marxist posted:

I'm no expert but to me it seems like your tv show is doing okay if it gets ordered a 40 episode season. Also in a roundabout way it got Scott to be the head writer for the Emmys.

Didn't it get the 40 episode renewal before the season before it even started airing? Or am I misremembering it?

piratepilates posted:

I mean it's IFC, I'm not sure Scott or anyone else was expecting it to be "successful" in the conventional way. It looks very fun to shoot, he gets to work with all his friends, and its been going on for like four seasons, what's so bad about that?

If it burns him out on performing for the show, that could be bad.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I still think the TV show is pretty good. The Rocky's Owner Picture Show last week was really funny to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

piratepilates posted:

Despite hosting a goofy make-em-up podcast, Scott strikes me as a "hands-on" kind of guy who is very dedicated to his work and wants whatever project his name is on to be the best it possibly can be. The CBB TV show is wildly ambitious, and he's mentioned a few times that they've had some behind-the-scenes issues with the budget. Plus, the grind of doing 40 episodes of a show on said C-list cable network budget can't be understated (He's writing, starring and producing; I forget what episode he mentioned it on but I recall him saying at some point that whenever they're filming he's on set like 10 to 12 hours a day.)