Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Smeep posted:

I'm seeing that all over the place.

That's because that's how they're actually posted to Usenet now. Helps to defeat automated copyright takedown stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Has anybody running NZBGet and Sonaar been having a ton of issues with shows failing? I'm not sure if somehow Sonaar is grabbing them before they are fully uploaded or what but it's been happening a lot lately.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Has anybody running NZBGet and Sonaar been having a ton of issues with shows failing? I'm not sure if somehow Sonaar is grabbing them before they are fully uploaded or what but it's been happening a lot lately.

I'm not seeing that, but if you think that's the case try increasing the minimum age in Sonarr in /settings/indexers. The figure is in minutes.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

gabensraum posted:

I'm not seeing that, but if you think that's the case try increasing the minimum age in Sonarr in /settings/indexers. The figure is in minutes.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

inpheaux posted:

What's awful about it? This may literally be the first negative feedback we've had about Glitter.

It's giant and blocky and hides information that I could easily see at a glance with Plush. Granted I'd been using Plush for quite a while but I knew where to find what I needed and now when I want to do something in Glitter it's all hidden. For example, it's not intuitive that I can change the category etc of a download by clicking the triangle. It seems like it was designed with mobile in mind, but I'm not on mobile. I don't need that information hidden from me.

PitViper
May 25, 2003

Welcome and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart!
I love you!
Is anybody else seeing an issue with Sabnzbd hanging on a download with only 1-5MB remaining? I've had several things in the last couple days get "stuck" on anywhere from 2-10 individual pieces. Sometimes deleting the stuck pieces from the queue will kick off a par2 repair, though sometimes it will hang on the par2 files as well. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to what it happens to, sometimes a different release works, other times not.

Nothing in the standard log files, and the debug log files are a mess to look at on my laptop.

a skeleton
Jul 29, 2004

PitViper posted:

Is anybody else seeing an issue with Sabnzbd hanging on a download with only 1-5MB remaining? I've had several things in the last couple days get "stuck" on anywhere from 2-10 individual pieces. Sometimes deleting the stuck pieces from the queue will kick off a par2 repair, though sometimes it will hang on the par2 files as well. Doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to what it happens to, sometimes a different release works, other times not.

Nothing in the standard log files, and the debug log files are a mess to look at on my laptop.

I've had this issue the last couple of days as well. Didn't think to try deleting the stuck parts from the queue, I just went and manually downloaded a different nzb. Unfortunately that's only solved the problem twice.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Anyone having completion problems from Astraweb? I swear like half of what I try fails. I've got all 3 servers of theirs on my list so it isn't just 1 site failing. If it's just me, I'll end up getting a block account. :shrug:

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I setup SAB on my father in law's MacBook, and it's getting an error on post processing about creating folders. I googled a bit and it seems like this is a common issue when using external drives, which I'm not. I just have a folder on the desktop for Downloads, which has few subfolders for Sonarr and other stuff.

I know nothing about OSX, so I have no idea how to setup the paths. I tried /Hard Drive/Users/(his user)/desktop/downloads and a few other variations and got the same error. Am I looking in h wrong spot?

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

EC posted:

I know nothing about OSX, so I have no idea how to setup the paths. I tried /Hard Drive/Users/(his user)/desktop/downloads and a few other variations and got the same error. Am I looking in h wrong spot?

Ignore the drive name for the main drive. It's just /Users/whatever

IIRC any other drives that aren't the boot drive show up under /Volumes/Drive Name/ but my Mac's been a browsing in bed machine for a few years so I don't remember.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

wolrah posted:

Ignore the drive name for the main drive. It's just /Users/whatever

IIRC any other drives that aren't the boot drive show up under /Volumes/Drive Name/ but my Mac's been a browsing in bed machine for a few years so I don't remember.

That was what it was at first, and I still got the error. I verified that the three users on the system have write access (in the info dialog for that folder), but I don't know if there's other permissions I would need.

Edit: this makes me think I'm doing the folders wrong:

EC fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Oct 21, 2015

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Sorry for the double post, but I fixed one issue and have now caused another. The "cannot create final folder" error was fixed when I changed from using forward slashes (/) to back slashes (\) in the Categories section. However, that causes Sonarr to toss a "cannot combine OsPaths of different platforms" error when trying to connect to SAB. Which is probably why I was using the forward slashes in Categories to begin with.

Has anyone gotten Sonarr and SAB working on a OSX machine?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

EC posted:

Sorry for the double post, but I fixed one issue and have now caused another. The "cannot create final folder" error was fixed when I changed from using forward slashes (/) to back slashes (\) in the Categories section. However, that causes Sonarr to toss a "cannot combine OsPaths of different platforms" error when trying to connect to SAB. Which is probably why I was using the forward slashes in Categories to begin with.

Has anyone gotten Sonarr and SAB working on a OSX machine?

TRIPLE POST

The solution is not to use slashes at all in the Categories section of SAB.

Keito
Jul 21, 2005

WHAT DO I CHOOSE ?
You can use slashes but not at the beginning like /movies unless you have a folder called "movies" in the file system root. Backward slashes are a Windows only thing so that'll throw errors, yes

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Terabyte Tuesday is still going for another 27 hours. 1TB block for $40 from newsgroupdirect.
https://newsgroupdirect.com/terabyte-tuesday

PitViper
May 25, 2003

I love you!

a skeleton posted:

I've had this issue the last couple of days as well. Didn't think to try deleting the stuck parts from the queue, I just went and manually downloaded a different nzb. Unfortunately that's only solved the problem twice.

Yeah, tonight I was 2/3 for deleting the stuck files. Two of them verified and repaired, the third one hung on the par2 file downloads and I had to grab a different release. The re-grab downloaded fine, but I'm not enjoying having to babysit the system.

a skeleton
Jul 29, 2004

PitViper posted:

Yeah, tonight I was 2/3 for deleting the stuck files. Two of them verified and repaired, the third one hung on the par2 file downloads and I had to grab a different release. The re-grab downloaded fine, but I'm not enjoying having to babysit the system.

I haven't had a problem since Tuesday, though I've had some retention issues (I'm guessing, main is Supernews and my backup is Blocknews) with SABnzbd not catching older files (a year or two +) that are broken, despite having "Abort jobs that cannot be completed" checked. I have Sonarr setup to wait three minutes with my RSS checking every 25 minutes. The files that have been hanging are usually around an hour old.

I was wondering what your setup was, I'm running a Synology DS1815+ with 4gigs of RAM.

I'm kind of at a loss for whatever is/was going on.

a skeleton fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Oct 23, 2015

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

a skeleton posted:

I haven't had a problem since Tuesday, though I've had some retention issues (I'm guessing, main is Supernews and my backup is Blocknews) with SABnzbd not catching older files (a year or two +) that are broken, despite having "Abort jobs that cannot be completed" checked. I have Sonarr setup to wait three minutes with my RSS checking every 25 minutes. The files that have been hanging are usually around an hour old.

I was wondering what your setup was, I'm running a Synology DS1815+ with 4gigs of RAM.

I'm kind of at a loss for whatever is/was going on.

I've seen a lot of people saying that files that are failing in NZBget are working fine in SABnzbd. Supposedly the dev branch of NZBGet fixes it but I'm too lazy to figure out how to install it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

So there's a show that's in TheXEM but it's wrong... they only list 1 episode listed despite there being a whole season out, and I'm pretty sure that's what's stopping Sonarr from taking the rest of the files and sorting them. Is this something that can be overridden or do I have to learn how to fix the entry in TheXEM myself? Tbh the entry seems like it should just be deleted (there are two pilots, both are labelled as s01e01 in releases. I'm not sure if they actually different, there was a year between release).

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

XEM is very confusing. When I find a mistake I jump on their IRC channel and get someone there to fix it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah that was my next thought. I'm hoping they'll just remove the entry to be honest, although I'll be good and do a comparison between the two pilot episodes to see if there really should be a differentiation.

e: I jumped in their chan, listed my show and the issue and when someone saw it they said "I Agree" and fixed it within seconds. Great dudes, exactly how a service should be run and not like TVdb and their insane politics.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Oct 23, 2015

Ashex
Jun 25, 2007

These pipes are cleeeean!!!

td4guy posted:

That's because that's how they're actually posted to Usenet now. Helps to defeat automated copyright takedown stuff.

So it's basically an issue with the sickbeard script not taking the name from sabnzbd and using it for renaming? That's just irritating :(

a skeleton
Jul 29, 2004

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I've seen a lot of people saying that files that are failing in NZBget are working fine in SABnzbd. Supposedly the dev branch of NZBGet fixes it but I'm too lazy to figure out how to install it.

I tried NZBget for a while, but I preferred SABnzbd because I knew the ins and outs a bit better. I'm thinking it's more of a Synology problem, for me anyway. I've had files that hang while I've been able to manually repair and extract them when SABnzbd continues to spin it's wheels.

Like PitViper said, I'd rather not babysit anything, because automation is the whole point.

PitViper
May 25, 2003

I love you!

PitViper posted:

Just to update this, apparently Blocknews changed their server address, and I never updated it in my config. Once I switched to usnews.blocknews.net, everything started working fine!

a skeleton
Jul 29, 2004

PitViper posted:

Just to update this, apparently Blocknews changed their server address, and I never updated it in my config. Once I switched to usnews.blocknews.net, everything started working fine!

Well poo poo, I still had mine set to the old address as well. Thanks.

PitViper
May 25, 2003

I love you!
SAB never gave me a single error about it. I'd disabled my Tweaknews server (because I ran out of block and never added more), and prior I'd get errors that my account was out of data block, but never from trying to hit the incorrect address for Blocknews. I have no idea when they changed it either, my primary is Frugal and I rarely look for anything older than the 300 days retention.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Welp, Dog voided all lifetime subs and is converting to annual passes. :smith:

UndyingShadow
May 15, 2006
You're looking ESPECIALLY shadowy this evening, Sir

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Welp, Dog voided all lifetime subs and is converting to annual passes. :smith:

All for the low low price of $25 a year because you have to order a t-shirt from some weird loving 3rd party processor. This is just like every other money grab before an indexer closes shop.

Lordy
Jan 2, 2011
The most amusing part is that even after this there are people buying 5 year plans oh and all the posts of them still trying to find a better method and maybe they are going to grandfather all plans after all because they aren't sure yet what they're going to do.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
That's ridiculous. I remember back when they introduced it a bunch of people told them it wasn't a good move but they insisted they could do it for $15 with some untold number of users.

They should have grandfathered people into a free 1 year sub or done something. You can't just say "whoopsies we're voiding everyone, now resub by getting our overpriced tshirt!". Dog was a good site but that behavior sucks, I'll let my sub lapse and just use other resources. I feel bad for people who came to depend on the watchlist there though.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

The Gunslinger posted:

That's ridiculous. I remember back when they introduced it a bunch of people told them it wasn't a good move but they insisted they could do it for $15 with some untold number of users.

They should have grandfathered people into a free 1 year sub or done something. You can't just say "whoopsies we're voiding everyone, now resub by getting our overpriced tshirt!". Dog was a good site but that behavior sucks, I'll let my sub lapse and just use other resources. I feel bad for people who came to depend on the watchlist there though.

They're sorta doing that:

quote:

What does this mean for current users? It basically depends on when you originally registered.

For members that registered after December 1st 2014, your lifetime payment, will be converted to a 1 year subcription, starting on date of your registration. DOGpass members will see their expiration dates increased by 1 year as well

If you registered before December 1st 2014, your subcriptions will expire on the same month/day of your registration, so expirations will be stagered during the next 12 months. DOGpass members will retain their current expiration date.

In both cases, please check your profile pages for information on your updated expiration date. All members will have a 30 day grace period after their subscription expires to renew before their accounts get purged from the database for good.

I'm in the latter category and they gave me 170 days.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That's such bullshit. I'm glad I never played their dumbass games, I'm lucky that I'm an nzbs.org user and I just use lolo.sickbeard as a backup.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I signed up for heaps of others (including dog), but yeah NZBs.org is still the best.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Lordy posted:

The most amusing part is that even after this there are people buying 5 year plans oh and all the posts of them still trying to find a better method and maybe they are going to grandfather all plans after all because they aren't sure yet what they're going to do.

I've got 280 days, so I can wait until things shake out before figuring out what to do. Time to go through my email and see if the other indexers I signed up for are still around...

UndyingShadow posted:

All for the low low price of $25 a year because you have to order a t-shirt from some weird loving 3rd party processor. This is just like every other money grab before an indexer closes shop.

Still better than the period where they only took bitcoin.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

I was wondering why Dog had been throwing errors but hadn't been arsed to bother to check

porksmash
Sep 30, 2008
NZBs.org seems to be closed like a clam for new users. Any way to get in? I'm definitely not going to continue with dog.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

UndyingShadow posted:

It looks like you can just send an Amazon.com gift code to avoid the extra $10 and the t-shirt.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe

porksmash posted:

NZBs.org seems to be closed like a clam for new users. Any way to get in? I'm definitely not going to continue with dog.

Nope, they erased all members existing invites and aren't giving out any. If you're looking for Dog alternatives there are many but few with "lifetime" subs.

I always keep a rotation of 3+ indexers going for when they pull stuff like this or go belly up.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
I've got like 520 days on Dog now, since I was given a year of Dogpass a while ago by one of the admins. I don't think I'm going to renew when that time is up, if Dog is still around. I have a few others: some goon NZB server, NZBgeek, nzbplanet, OZnzb, and pfmonkey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

What is it with the Dutch and hard coded subs? Due to Usenet I've got this mental image of a country that pirates everything, and all has the same media player from 15 years ago that doesn't have a Subs ON/OFF button.

Hey Dutch - nobody else wants to learn your awful language. Cut it out.