Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

This site is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ougi is excellent.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

yes

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Linnaeus posted:

openings.moe has them all

Took Strike Panties and Eden of the East but then lo and behold Nisemono's ED. :vince:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

K. Flaps posted:

This site is awesome.

:agreed:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Would

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Woah, watch out, saying that is highly illegal

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

...be friends with her

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

...gently caress her

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

...murder her

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Namtab posted:

...be friends with her

me too

if anyone wants to buy me the spooky ougi av i wouldn't even complain

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Bring it on, mods

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Admoon posted:

Found my first secret!
http://openings.moe/video/Wakaranai.webm

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

this hits too close to home...

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
That site is neat. I found the Bokurano OP and it's basically a trailer for the show. A good trailer. I should go watch it.

E: Thank you, openings.moe, for reminding me of the best Monogatari opening: http://openings.moe/?video=Opening5-MonogatariSeriesSecondSeason.webm

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Oct 28, 2015

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ViggyNash posted:

That site is neat. I found the Bokurano OP and it's basically a trailer for the show. A good trailer. I should go watch it.

E: Thank you, openings.moe, for reminding me of the best Monogatari opening: http://openings.moe/?video=Opening5-MonogatariSeriesSecondSeason.webm

No Shin'ichiro Miki, no sale. :mad:

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
All the Monogatari Second Season openings are top tier. :colbert:

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Dastardly posted:

Took Strike Panties and Eden of the East but then lo and behold Nisemono's ED. :vince:

There's no need to go through the bad ones first lol

http://openings.moe/list/

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

wow

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
You can also just press N to start a new random one.

One could easily waste hours on that site. Not that I'm speaking from experience, of course.. that would just be silly... :silent:

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

ViggyNash posted:

Kinda disappointed it's not Commie's subbed version, just because of the awesome subtitle work they did with that one. As the video swapped between old and new animation styles, the subs swapped between modern white and old yellow.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Iretep posted:

Considering Ougi appears even in Suruga Devil story I'd assume she stays in the background being annoying.

Ougi is amazing and perfect blasphemer.

Namtab posted:

...gently caress her

I thought Ougi was a boy
or wait...

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Daedalus1134 posted:

Kinda disappointed it's not Commie's subbed version, just because of the awesome subtitle work they did with that one. As the video swapped between old and new animation styles, the subs swapped between modern white and old yellow.

You think you could find that? I really like to see it.

e: Found it on youtube but was already pulled for copywrite. I forgot I could just download one of the subbed episodes and see it there. It's :ocelot:

Also, there seems to be 2 versions of the Koimonogatari op. I did not know there were 2 versions. The lyrics seem different sometimes, and one version is a duet while the other is only the woman.

This... is kinda blowing my mind.

Wark Say posted:

No Shin'ichiro Miki, no sale. :mad:

So that's what you meant...

VV: Yeah, I know that.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Oct 28, 2015

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

Who could she be?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Namtab posted:

Bring it on, mods
You and me at Summer Slam, Namtab.

I'll be calling you out.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Inoue Marina doing her damnedest to win VA awards this week.

The Japanese audience still seems to loving hate this arc, but it was kind of expected given how it has the feel of a completely different show compared to the rest of the Monogatari series. Reading the book, I wondered if Nishio deliberately tried to write it as un-animateable as possible, which leads to a whole lot of static conversations. Shaft's still trying, though!

If anyone feels charmed by the mood and style of this Sodachi arc, I can recommend Nishio's detective series Zaregoto, in particular the translated second volume which felt very similar to Owarimonogatari vol 1. No idea how it is in English, but I loved the original.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
:tviv:

Man was that good. Not only is this a not lovely portrayal of domestic violence and mental illness, but suddenly there's a locked room mystery too!

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

darkgray posted:

Inoue Marina doing her damnedest to win VA awards this week.
"Alright you've got to convince the audience that you're the biggest sadsack."
"Well that doesn't so-"
"For 20 minutes straight. Go."

I imagine that's exactly how voice directing works.

I think they knocked it out of the park with this episode, and drat it was a hard one to do.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Holy loving :smith: Oikura

Opinion of Hanekawa rising as well.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Woah this is some heavy poo poo Oikura. :(

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I'm so glad Hanekawa came instead of Ougi, she was killing it this episode. After what she said, I get the feeling that it's going to be impossible to find the mother

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

ViggyNash posted:

:tviv:

Man was that good. Not only is this a not lovely portrayal of domestic violence and mental illness, but suddenly there's a locked room mystery too!

That WAS a cool episode, true. But mostly I'm glad that Oikura actually got to say something! Not that I mind the show being taken over by noted excellent character Ougi.

Something bothers me about it, though. I think it's kind of a copout that we're just TOLD about all this. Although the actual abuse going on certainly isn't the center of the story - more feels like it's reaching out for help -, I got the impression that the viewers are deliberately spared from the ugly reality of abuse so that they can feel sorry, but not actually horrified. It feels weird to say this after having watched 50+ episodes of Monogatari, but I think all the talking wasn't appropriate here.
This isn't meant as a dig against the episode overall - I'm here for the excessive talky stuff, and I expect excessive talky stuff.
Still.

Also, no chance in hell Oikura's mom isn't dead

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Just think. If Oikura had stayed with the Araragis, Koyomi would have had another sister to creep on!

A sister who's not really his sister, even!!

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
A sister that's not really related is a cop-out Araragi wouldn't stand for. :colbert:

Besides the first half of the first episode I've felt like these episodes have been moving at a good pace. Even though they're almost all talk they don't feel slow because Sodachi's story is interesting.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

No spooky ougi for halloween? drat you, shaft. At least we really got to know Oikura, I just want to give her a great big hug :smith:

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Also, did Hanekawa keep some of Burakku Hanekawa's agility and reflexes just like how Araragi is still part vampire?'

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Torquemadras posted:

Something bothers me about it, though. I think it's kind of a copout that we're just TOLD about all this. Although the actual abuse going on certainly isn't the center of the story - more feels like it's reaching out for help -, I got the impression that the viewers are deliberately spared from the ugly reality of abuse so that they can feel sorry, but not actually horrified.

That works both ways though. By not giving you any details, the viewer is also allowed to imagine it as worse than anything the author could possibly come up with.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Nov 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I want a SoL prequel where we just hang with the child Araragis and see more of the sisters picking on Koyomi

I want it really badly