Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I did it. I beat the mario game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

I've messed around with the homebrew channel stuff and don't see it as something I want to put time in or would use. I'm I correct, would backing up the one folder, I think it may be dcim or something, then formatting the card before adding that folder again get me back to before homebrew?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

PantsBandit posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xWjTyOdFVI

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

PantsBandit posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2nF92mu8X0

I'm really liking this CPU overclocking on the New 3DS homebrew. Even Stella Glow is showing changes just with the sprites on the field.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Dehry posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2nF92mu8X0

I'm really liking this CPU overclocking on the New 3DS homebrew. Even Stella Glow is showing changes just with the sprites on the field.

Most handy feature is running the Ambassador Certificate at 807 MHz

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
So... I finally actually read the manual for Extreme Butoden (is anyone else playing this?) and holy poo poo I'm really digging it once you get the nuances of the system. It's not about knowing longass combo chains and weird controller motions, every character has universal controls and it's more about knowing their specific moveset and using it to your advantage while positioning yourself to smash the gently caress out of your enemy. It's actually sort of refreshingly great, and I'm not even a huge DBZ fan anymore.

Gotta say, can't wait for the Online Versus mode, assuming it isn't garbage, and I really hope there's a way to flatten Dragon Power levels on the characters so if I want to use Krillin against some guy playing as Broly he won't beat my face in with attacks that do twice the damage... overall all the characters are still pretty balanced, though Broly kinda stands out as being a hot load of bullshit. His sprite is so goddamn huge and he has a few moves that just have ridiculous range and paths that sometimes it's hard as hell to avoid them because despite all that, he's still pretty fast. Overall I think my favorite characters to play as thus far are actually Unleashed Gohan (why are there 4 Gohans and 4 Gokus in this game, but only 2 Vegetas and none of the other Androids or Janenba or something) and Super Saiyan God (what the gently caress is this?) Goku. I got the crazy blue hair Goku as well, and he's got a few good moves, but ehh... his regular Super Attack is a bitch to pull off.

Oddly enough, one of the badassiest characters in the game is actually Napa, which I find hilarious. To get myself back in the mood and hyped for the game, I actually watched DBZ Abridged and it just makes it all the funnier that Napa is actually useful. I am now strolling around with my Guild Card sporting regular Vegeta, Krillin, and regular Teen Gohan. I love that you can name your team for others to see with their weird Title system, to boot.

Forever Team 3-Star, hell yes. :c00lbutt:

Goddamn the Demo for this game was so much shittier than the real thing. Having a ton of fun unlocking all the levels and assist stuff in Adventure mode... some of the special missions are actually pretty goddamn hard to pull off, though I've found a few items in the shop that make a lot of them SO much easier.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I got the Shantae GBC game off the app store, thinking it would be good, but it seems lame. Do you get more abilities after a few levels? Its just running and whipping stuff with your hair so far.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

I got the Shantae GBC game off the app store, thinking it would be good, but it seems lame. Do you get more abilities after a few levels? Its just running and whipping stuff with your hair so far.

You get Fighter's Gear in in Water Town (very expensive but you get new moves), and magic in Scuttle Town (cheap but limited amount of uses). You can also find talismans to give your transformation attacks

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
You should have gotten PiratesCirse tbh

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

noirstronaut posted:

You should have gotten PiratesCirse tbh

I like to play games in order

Jarogue posted:

You get Fighter's Gear in in Water Town (very expensive but you get new moves), and magic in Scuttle Town (cheap but limited amount of uses). You can also find talismans to give your transformation attacks

Ok cool maybe I need a walkthough or something

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

Shantae GBC isn't bad it's just a little dated.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If any Ausgoons are waiting for a dirt-cheap regular-size new3DS (the new Black model), Target is having a 25% off sale on their eBay store. Use the code CTARGET25 and it'll only cost $164 instead of $219.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Dehry posted:

Figures Nintendo would block this stuff the day I try to get it.

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I've heard about this happening before... I think you have to go into the 3DS camera app and it'll up upgrade your max photo cap or something? I don't remember the exact process.

EDIT: google says this

Thanks, I will have her try this!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

The Lobster posted:

Shantae GBC isn't bad it's just a little dated.

And even then, it's amazingly advanced by the standards of a GBC game. It was one of the last games to come out on the system and stretched the hardware to its limit. It had transparency effects and parallax scrolling, which were virtually unheard of on that system.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Fuzz posted:

Goddamn the Demo for this game was so much shittier than the real thing. Having a ton of fun unlocking all the levels and assist stuff in Adventure mode... some of the special missions are actually pretty goddamn hard to pull off, though I've found a few items in the shop that make a lot of them SO much easier.

So you're saying if I enjoyed the demo I'll enjoy the game? I keep going back and forth on it since it seemed like they made the AI real stupid in the demo on purpose. And the only DBZ thing I enjoy is Abridged.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Shantae is very pretty but the field exploration is complete garbage and the game starts out super slow.

The dungeons are fun, though, and the field gets tolerable once you have more than three hearts

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Those gorgeous Pixel Mario cover plates are coming to Europe and Australia on November 27th.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Fuzz posted:

Super Saiyan God (what the gently caress is this?) Goku. I got the crazy blue hair Goku as well, and he's got a few good moves, but ehh... his regular Super Attack is a bitch to pull off.

These are from the two most recent movies: Battle of Gods and Resurrection: F respectively.

Also, both are worth watching, especially Resurrection: F

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Turbinosamente posted:

So you're saying if I enjoyed the demo I'll enjoy the game? I keep going back and forth on it since it seemed like they made the AI real stupid in the demo on purpose. And the only DBZ thing I enjoy is Abridged.

gently caress yes it is, though once you get to 4 star difficulty and harder the game literally turns into the anime and the AI is particularly adept at kicking the poo poo out of you with certain characters, namely Cell and Broly. I had one fight in a later Adventure mode level where I dropped my guard to pull off a combo and Motherfucking Cell Jr nailed me in the face as I was chaining a meteor combo on Cell, and then hooooly poo poo did that green bastard let me have it. Slapped my Adult SSJ Gohan all over the loving place and fired his Ultimate at my face and I couldn't charge up enough energy in time so I had to just eat the blast. Vegeta managed to recover it and elbow drop that rear end in a top hat into oblivion with the help of my GIANT loving APE (no seriously, one of the Assist characters is literally a giant ape that pops up from below and just vomits energy death across the screen) pal.
For a 2D game with large sprites for the screen real estate, it really does manage to be a ridiculous spectacle sometimes. My favorite assist by far is the Great Ape... When you're up in the air, he does the above energy vomit, but when you're on the ground, a giant ape foot just comes down and stomps your opponent. It's magical. :allears:

Also Abridged is hilarious and awesome, and the devs clearly watched it with some of the Assists...

Mr Popo... :stare:

Edit: Once the Online patch goes live, assuming the matchmaking isn't poo poo, I'll probably make a separate thread for the game because it really is something else... I haven't had this sensation of "holy poo poo I didn't realize I needed this" since playing the first Smash Bros on N64 almost 20 years ago. It actually has a similar sort of insane vibe to it, it's like an entire game built around Captain Falcon/Marth duels with nothing but pokeballs on.

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Oct 28, 2015

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off

Fuzz posted:

Crazy rear end poo poo.

Hrmm looks like I'll be swinging by the store over lunch for some beautiful fighting game action. Seriously the first thing I noticed in the demo was how drat pretty the sprites were, better than I remember the ones in Blazblue 2 looking.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

PantsBandit posted:

These are from the two most recent movies: Battle of Gods and Resurrection: F respectively.

Also, both are worth watching, especially Resurrection: F

The new series is basically a remake of those movies, right? Should I just watch those two instead, because the first few episodes of the series bored the poo poo out of me.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

raditts posted:

The new series is basically a remake of those movies, right? Should I just watch those two instead, because the first few episodes of the series bored the poo poo out of me.

Welcome to Dragon Ball.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

raditts posted:

I've only watched the first couple episodes of the new series but everything I've read makes it sound like a lazy cash-in. I'd just watch the movies if I were you.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I feel like a bad person for looking at Triforce Heroes and being completely unable to muster anything but apathy for it. I've seen gameplay videos and my only response is "Yep that sure is a video game" but everyone else seems to think it's amazing? I just don't get it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

I feel like a bad person for looking at Triforce Heroes and being completely unable to muster anything but apathy for it. I've seen gameplay videos and my only response is "Yep that sure is a video game" but everyone else seems to think it's amazing? I just don't get it.

I guess I'm not really clear what sort of answer you want. It's a cooperative Zelda game with fun puzzles and good multiplayer when the online isn't making GBS threads itself. If you're not interested in it you're not but there's no big secret there.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I wasn't that excited for it from looking at videos either but playing the demo sold me on it immediately. If you enjoyed A Link Between Worlds then it's definitely worth trying.

Homebrew chat: Does hans not work with installed games?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Hey, dudes, it's me, the protag of DQ Joker 3.

Here's me ridding this sweet eagle thing I just captured across the map. Is your Pokemon game outdated or what?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I'd like to play your game in english, Joker 3 Protag.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Dragon Quest Monsters is good but man they love making the protagonists look real fuckin stupid huh.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Gumdrop Larry posted:

Dragon Quest Monsters is good but man they love making the protagonists look real fuckin stupid huh.

That's the Toriyama Magic(tm)!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Gumdrop Larry posted:

No stupider than pretty much any other jRPG protagonist, but if you mean how they always look like rejected Dragonball characters, that's because that's how all Toriyama's characters look.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Saoshyant posted:

Hey, dudes, it's me, the protag of DQ Joker 3.

Here's me ridding this sweet eagle thing I just captured across the map. Is your Pokemon game outdated or what?

Who knew Trunks was into pokemon

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

I guess I'm not really clear what sort of answer you want. It's a cooperative Zelda game with fun puzzles and good multiplayer when the online isn't making GBS threads itself. If you're not interested in it you're not but there's no big secret there.

Yeah I mean it's A) A fun zelda game with good puzzles and bosses and is actually fairly challenging and B) Provides a kind of cooperative multiplayer that is practically unique and extremely enjoyable.

It's not the longest game if you're not super interested in doing all the challenges and crafting all the outfits, but just what's there in the main story was totally worth it for me.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

im ready for pokemon z and fire emblem fates and then we can pack this 3ds thing up

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
We're getting Nintendo DENA news tomorrow, and Pokemon should be the 15th according to rumors. Not much longer now.

E: Make that 9PM eastern time.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Oct 28, 2015

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Well everyone, it was a fantastic run. See you all next console.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I can't wait to experience the magic of 4D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

raditts posted:

No, I don't think its a remake of the movies at all. It picks up the story where DBZ dropped it and pretends GT never happened. The movies are side-stories like usual. It does have a similar style to the movies though. (Still, better than GT)

Twelve by Pies posted:

No, that makes enough sense. And if you want to feel less weird, you're not the only one. Kotaku shat all over it and said it was like the worst zelda ever and you shouldn't buy it.

I personally think that link between worlds with co-op is pretty dang cool, but hey whatever. But I dunno why you need somebody else to validate your opinion. Its just like, your opinion, man. Like what you like and don't like what you don't like, whatever.