Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bleh. I am seriously tempted to buy the PC version to play Afterbirth but I don't really want to re-unlock everything prior to Afterbirth again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Observations from new achievements:

New end chapter is "Blue Womb"
New colored pills need to be unlocked somehow.
Gold hearts need to be unlocked.
3 new dice (Cracked Die, D12 and D8)
Key Bum friend
Rune Sack, presumably a familiar that drops runes
Blank Rune item (maybe runes don't count as cards anymore?)
There are gold bombs (also need to be unlocked)
I'm guessing Goat Baby is Lilith's co-op baby from beating Mom's Heart/It Lives on hard, since it's the only new achievement with the blood splatter like the rest of the babies gotten that way.
I don't see any achievements for the new transformations, unless they are tied to item unlocks.

I'm so dang ready for this. I've actually got five days off starting from Friday, though two of those will be tied up in best man duties for my friend's wedding.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
So do I kick on with Afterbirth from my RPG save, or restart the whole thing? Man, first world problems...

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I originally purchased Rebirth on PC but then ended up playing it on Vita when I got it free through PS+ instead, so I just bought the dlc on Steam and will probably cheat engine an rpg save to play with until I can swamp over to my Playstations

Jibo posted:

Observations from new achievements:

Key Bum friend

gently caress that

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Gromit posted:

So do I kick on with Afterbirth from my RPG save, or restart the whole thing? Man, first world problems...

I decided I would do the daily runs with my existing RPG save but otherwise play the game normally on a fresh save. You get three slots so you can always just switch back if you end up hating starting over.

ninja alamode
Apr 20, 2004

Vegastar posted:

Real Platinum God, aka. 100%. Though with Eden starts I believe you can start with Godhead even though it's not been unlocked, so I don't think it's necessary.

Nope, I tried and starting items were the Nail and Pisces.

Isaac run with Mutant Spider for second floor treasure room and Epic Fetus after rerolling third floor treasure room, if you want to completely wreck everything. Even a Holy Mantle in the fourth floor angel room so you can go at it with complete reckless abandon.
0DFP
FEXT

froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth
i just used that seed and burned through foes, it was hella rad, thanks.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Not sure why but the feature i'm most lookin' forward to is the daily run?

I am simple.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Volt Catfish posted:

Not sure why but the feature i'm most lookin' forward to is the daily run?

I am simple.

Daily runs add a lot of enjoyment to Spelunky so I'm definitely really drat excited for them.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus

ImpAtom posted:

Bleh. I am seriously tempted to buy the PC version to play Afterbirth but I don't really want to re-unlock everything prior to Afterbirth again.

You can just download the save file online. I did that after I couldn't be assed to put together a breaking run for meat boy.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Playing as Issac, ipecac on basement one, next floor is parasite, then I get cricket's body. Didn't pull pyromaniac until a lucky reroll from womb 1 beggar.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I had an Eve run where no item rooms gave me anything I even picked up, but I somehow became Guppy. My only items on the entire run were the three Guppy items and Dark Matter. I made it to the Chest before I died to double champion Monstro II. Every room felt like an eternity.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
In preparation for afterbirth I started up a game as Isaac and right next to the start was the relic in the item room.

I then proceeded to get lil 'brimstone on the second item room, a reroll of book of sin to abbadon in the devil deal, goathead the floor after which lead to a deal with brimstone and guppy's tail, and tammy's head and mom's key the next floor. The rest of the run flew by and I found dad's key in the chest so I killed Mega Satan for kicks after the floor was done.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Does anybody know if it will be available at midnight?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Chernabog posted:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/401920/ posted:

Available: 30 October
This game will unlock in approximately 19 hours

Don't know if there's other release times for different regions

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

^^ drat, 10am pacific release. I'll be at work boooo

Chernabog posted:

I was literally coming here to ask this same question.

Also, if anyone hasn't preordered yet, do it now. The $6.66 price ends at midnight tonight, then back to full price tomorrow. Its not a huge price increase but still

bucksmash fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 29, 2015

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Awww, I was hoping I'd get to play it today :smith:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Welp, Isaac went on sale for the steam thing so... $15 dropped. I got Rebirth for semi-free on PSN so I guess I can't really complain about buying it twice.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
With any luck it won't be inexplicably delayed for hours like Rebirth was. :f5:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BJPaskoff posted:

With any luck it won't be inexplicably delayed for hours like Rebirth was. :f5:

I am okay with this because I can't play it until after work and that will make the wait less painful.

... wait, what do you mean "other people shouldn't have to suffer for your impatience?"

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The original Isaac bundle is only .66¢ for the weekend. It's not as pretty as Rebirth, but the price is right!

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Waffle! posted:

The original Isaac bundle is only .66¢ for the weekend. It's not as pretty as Rebirth, but the price is right!

Seriously, while rebirth is a marked improvement, original BoI + WotL is still plenty fun. Especially anyone reading this thread who's never played any Isaac iteration, it's a good introduction and you will definitely appreciate Rebirth / Afterbirth even more.

Side note (mainly for OP but all input is good): new thread for Afterbirth, or just keep this one going?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

bucksmash posted:

Seriously, while rebirth is a marked improvement, original BoI + WotL is still plenty fun. Especially anyone reading this thread who's never played any Isaac iteration, it's a good introduction and you will definitely appreciate Rebirth / Afterbirth even more.

Side note (mainly for OP but all input is good): new thread for Afterbirth, or just keep this one going?

Having been following this one hoping to pick up some tips and get better, it moves pretty slow, probably no reason to make a new thread.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

A thread refresh wouldn't be a bad idea. I mean, this moves slow, but it is 340 pages long and players just getting into Afterbirth might want a more comprehensive OP with details on new aspects of the game. You could always just edit it into the OP and then request a title change, but this is a pretty good point to say "alright, new thread" if you were ever planning on doing it.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Alright, they can go ahead and release that update now.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm not sure if I'm more impressed or horrified with that

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Jibo is a masochist and doesn't deserve spectral tears or a D4 on his Lost character in Afterbirth.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Manatee Cannon posted:

I'm not sure if I'm more impressed or horrified with that

I've actually done it 5 times now.

I used to think the worst part was the boss rush with The Lost but after today I'm inclined to say it's the slog of restarting and rolling with Isaac to finish the collection.

Also for the one I just finished, through some kind of weird cosmic luck the second to last item I got for the collection was the Magic 8 Ball.

E: As in I've done RPG 5 times, not that I've done all three saves 5 times for a total of 15 times getting RPG. That would be a little rough.

Jibo fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Oct 30, 2015

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Is steven the worst part of it?

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Jusupov posted:

Is steven the worst part of it?

Not anymore! He's in the gold chest pool in Afterbirth. Showed up in Tyrone's stream this morning.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Vegastar posted:

Not anymore! He's in the gold chest pool in Afterbirth. Showed up in Tyrone's stream this morning.

Thank you merciful god

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
For some reason my steam is saying I have installed afterbirth and there is no timer anymore on the store page. Starts just rebirth though

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Jusupov posted:

For some reason my steam is saying I have installed afterbirth and there is no timer anymore on the store page. Starts just rebirth though

On the stream this morning Tyrone was either trying to release it early or trolling us, but it's basically a pre-load that will unlock at 10am pst even though it looks live. Stuck in limbo til the store updates.

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003

Jusupov posted:

Yeah same here it. Still locked though, probably still won't be unlocked for another 4ish hours. I was really hoping too, I'm moving today to a place that's not going to have internet for a week, I'm hoping to keep my computer here until the last minute so I can get it unlocked and play it during that time.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Oh man I was so excited to see that it was live... but it's not. Argh! Gah!

I haven't even "beaten" Isaac so I'm not sure why I'm craving more when I only have 3/4 of the items and haven't done any of the really esoteric poo poo (I'm 1/4 through the photo) but man. MAN.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Songbearer posted:

Oh man I was so excited to see that it was live... but it's not. Argh! Gah!

I haven't even "beaten" Isaac so I'm not sure why I'm craving more when I only have 3/4 of the items and haven't done any of the really esoteric poo poo (I'm 1/4 through the photo) but man. MAN.

Wait, you mean the photo that appears on file select? If so, you haven't even unlocked the last level or two yet!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Yeah you're a little more than halfway done. Better put some diesel in your engines.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Should I restart fresh with afterbirth? I feel like the answer is yes.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I'm doing a full wipe. Just wish I could reset the cheevos so I can really just go from square 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

This is gonna be the longest fuckin' work day ever.