Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Spanish Manlove posted:

About ten minutes into an alert, pull an ESF and fly to a biolab/techplant/anywhere with an ammo pad for planes in enemy territory and put tank mines on the ammo pads.

Or, as part of a tech plant defense, put tank mines on the roof where people usually will park galaxies.

Put tank mines in the swamps in between bases on hossin.

Put tank mines almost anywhere you or your team should not be. It's funny.

If you don't force your team mates to jump off the landing pad into a floating galaxy because you're worried about tank mines, I don't know what to tell you. And you get to laugh at the people who miss and plummet to their deaths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Spanish Manlove posted:

About ten minutes into an alert, pull an ESF and fly to a biolab/techplant/anywhere with an ammo pad for planes in enemy territory and put tank mines on the ammo pads.

Or, as part of a tech plant defense, put tank mines on the roof where people usually will park galaxies.

Put tank mines in the swamps in between bases on hossin.

There are nights where the majority of my kills are with claymores and tank mines and if I could play claymore primary, I would. I don't get any rage tells though, just "Oh, you again :v:" ones

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

I always wanted to fly as a valk with 2 engineers and drop tank mines and prox mines at bio labs, with luck you'll get the same guy twice.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Arghy posted:

I always wanted to fly as a valk with 2 engineers and drop tank mines and prox mines at bio labs, with luck you'll get the same guy twice.

I'm in.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Arghy posted:

I would say we need a more standard bomber class, as in a Liberator with no ordinance guidance ability, no hover, and a 360 ball turret. Carpet bombing would be nice, though it would have to cost just about your entire nanite stock and have only enough for one drop before resupply. That, or bombs would have individual nanite costs per resupply.

It would give ESFs something better to do than snipe spawns, at least.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Game really doesn't feel dead to me

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.
Is there a generally accepted sweet spot for mouse sensitivity? I'm sitting at around 0.180 and going much lower than that makes it too hard to follow moving targets.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Depends a lot on personal preferences but lower (relatively) is generally considered better. What is your mouse dpi, without that theres no way to know how sensitive that actually is.

For reference I'm at 400dpi and .88 hipfire and ads in-game, which gives me a roughly 70cm hipfire and 140cm ADS distance. This is stupidly low.

No_talent
Jul 30, 2009

Get a mouse with on the fly DPS shift. Fast look speeds and quick easy drops for combat. The mouse (Logitech G502) I have has a button really close to the thumb that lets you change to a preset as long as your holding it.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010

No_talent posted:

Get a mouse with on the fly DPS shift. Fast look speeds and quick easy drops for combat. The mouse (Logitech G502) I have has a button really close to the thumb that lets you change to a preset as long as your holding it.

Its a cool feature thats really dumb to actually use regularly though

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

I only use mouse sensitivity buttons for base turrets, for some reason they are way slower than every other "vehicle" by default.

No_talent
Jul 30, 2009

More often than not I don't use it. I like it when I drive and can spin the turret real fast or look around, also good for not dragging my arm around the desk when in menus. I pretty much only push the button when have to get out and fight. It's literally one increment (50 dpi) above the setting I use to shoot mans on the regular. Setting the DPI made more difference than any amount of tweaking the in game options.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
So is this game actually dying/dead or should I try playing it again after 4 years?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Sunber posted:

So is this game actually dying/dead or should I try playing it again after 4 years?

Considering 4 years ago it wasn't even in beta, yeah give it a try

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/game-update-10-29.234796/

quote:

The Planetside 2 PC servers will be coming down at 6am (Pacific) on 10/29 for a game update. The estimated downtime is approximately 1.5 hours. Below is a list of features/changes/etc once the update is complete.

Victory Points
Continents will no longer be captured by alerts and territory control alone! Victory Points are a new method of scoring within the game. If your faction earns the required number of Victory Points, then the continent is yours! The continental VP scoreboard is shown at the top of the Map screen. Mousing over each faction will bring up the “Points to Victory” window, which breaks down progress and overall score.

There are a numbers of ways to earn VP:

Permanent Victory Points
·Link your warpgate to enemy warpgate = +1 VP
·Link your warpgate to both enemy warpgates simultaneously = Continental Victory/Lock
·Capture all Techplants = +1 VP
·Capture all Amp Stations= +1 VP
·Capture all Biolabs = +1 VP
·Capture all major facilities (Amp, Bio, Tech) simultaneously = Continental Victory/Lock
·Win Alerts = +2 VP

Flux Victory Points
Capturing more than 45% of a continent’s territory can earn you “Flux” Victory Points. Flux Victory Points count toward continental victory, but can be won/lost with the territory you control/lose.

Percentage of Territory controlled:
·45% = +1 VP
·50% = +1 VP
·55% = +1 VP
·60% = +1 VP
·65% = +1 VP
·70% = +1 VP
·75% = +1 VP
·80% = +1 VP
·85% = +1 VP
·90% = +1 VP (Continental Victory)

Continent Benefit Changes
·Hossin Benefit – 50% off MAXs has been removed, controlling Hossin will now provide vehicle and aircraft repairs at friendly ammo resupply towers/pads.

Facility Benefit Changes

AMP Station Benefit
·Allows facility turrets to fire for much longer before overheating; also allows facility turrets to auto repair over time.

BioLab Benefit
·Auto heal rate has been increased significantly.

New Bounty Directive
·Awards a “Bounty Hunter” title and the NS-15 Gallows LMG as the final tier reward.

LMG Changes
Orion
ADS moving CoF remains 0.4 (same as Live)
ADS movement modifier to 0.5, from 0.75
ADS CoF recoil to 0.04, from 0.05
Horizontal recoil to 0.22/0.22, from 0.2/0.225
Horizontal tolerance to 0.8, from 0.9
Standing hipfire to 2.5, from 2.75
Moving hipfire to 3.25, from 3.5
Projectile velocity to 540, from 570
Short and long reloads to 3.0/3.44, from 3.28/3.655
Betelgeuse
ADS moving CoF remains 0.4 (same as Live)
Horizontal recoil to 0.22/0.22, from 0.2/0.225
Standing hipfire to 2.5, from 2.75
Moving hipfire to 3.25, from 3.5
Projectile velocity to 540, from 570
Decreased heat bleedoff speed by 20%
SVA-88 & SVA-88 GG
Horizontal recoil to 0.2/0.2, from 0.2/0.225
Vertical recoil to 0.4, from 0.44
Pulsar LSW
Can now equip Extended Magazines
First Shot Multiplier to 1.6, from 2.45
VX29 Polaris
Maximum damage range to 20m, from 10m
Recoil angle to 17/17, from 17/20
Ursa
Moving ADS CoF to 0.35, from 0.4
Flare
Horizontal tolerance to 0.6, from 0.75
Vertical recoil to 0.4, from 0.44
Anchor
First Shot Recoil Multiplier to 2.2, from 2
Horizontal recoil to 0.18, from 0.175
Standing hipfire to 2.75, from 3
Moving hipfire to 3.5, from 3.75
Projectile velocity to 570, from 600
EM1
Horizontal recoil to 0.18/0.18, from 0.2/0.2
NC6 Gauss Saw
Moving Aim Down Sights CoF to 0.4, from 0.5
MSW-R
Standing hipfire to 2.75, from 3
Moving hipfire to 3.5, from 3.75
T16 Rhino
First Shot Recoil Multiplier to 1.5, from 2
TMG-50
Moving ADS CoF to 0.35, from 0.4
T32 Bull
Reserve ammunition to 240, from 180
Horizontal recoil to 0.18, from 0.2
T9 CARV-S
Horizontal tolerance to 0.7, from 0.8
T9A Butcher
Added Spinup - Rate of Fire from 750 to 780 over 0.3 seconds.
Crouching hipfire to 3, from 3.5
Crouching moving hipfire to 3.5, from 4
Standing hipfire to 3.5, from 4
Moving hipfire to 4, from 4.5
Misc
·You can now set multiple bounties on a target at once.
·Skill line trees are back! (*there is a known issue where some weapons are listed multiple times and/or bring up a different weapon to unlock then what is listed*)
·All facilities and outposts should now be using the new capture UI that went live on large outposts a few weeks ago.
·Fixed an issue that would cause the bounty counter on the HUD to display "x0".
·Fight for Flight decals are now only viewable in the inventory of the appropriate faction.
·Deployed Sunderers should once again properly display their no deploy zones to other friendly Sunderers and show on their minimaps.

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

SRM posted:

Considering 4 years ago it wasn't even in beta, yeah give it a try

Maybe I was thinking of the original, or that I should stop drinking

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

buffing lmgs :doh:

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Horizontal Tree posted:

Its a cool feature thats really dumb to actually use regularly though

Not if you drive vechicles. Low Sensitivity isn't useful there.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

Horizontal Tree posted:

Depends a lot on personal preferences but lower (relatively) is generally considered better. What is your mouse dpi, without that theres no way to know how sensitive that actually is.

For reference I'm at 400dpi and .88 hipfire and ads in-game, which gives me a roughly 70cm hipfire and 140cm ADS distance. This is stupidly low.

I don't have a mouse that can adjust dpi, is that something that makes a big difference?

If it gives you a better idea I have about a 23cm 360.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

"Hey the Orion is the clear favorite between the three close range LMGs that are the only guns good players use on the only class they play, I think we need to make the Orion more accurate and the MSW-R and Anchor less accurate"

Yeah I know everybody will say the MSW-R and Anchor are way better but they don't actually use those

I guess everybody gets to see what a huge red herring 0.75x was, or at least has been since the netcode was improved. Maybe this will make for some fun reddit tears at least

edit - LSW is now a VS-style GD-22S, which is to say it has a slightly worse reload and slightly worse dps

Epic High Five fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Oct 29, 2015

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
It literally doesn't matter because the EM1/Polaris/Rhino are the new meta with 143 @ 20m.

Jabarto posted:

I don't have a mouse that can adjust dpi, is that something that makes a big difference?

If it gives you a better idea I have about a 23cm 360.

That seems like a pretty normal sensitivity. Whats the fixed dpi?

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

Horizontal Tree posted:

It literally doesn't matter because the EM1/Polaris/Rhino are the new meta with 143 @ 20m.

That seems like a pretty normal sensitivity. Whats the fixed dpi?

1000 dpi I think? It's a Logitech m500.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

Why would it be funny to put tank mines at SNA?

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Finally COME TO MY ARMS LSW, MY NEW ALERT LMG OF CHOICE!

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I'm itchin to see how broken 143 @ 20m is going to be.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Segmentation Fault posted:

Why would it be funny to put tank mines at SNA?

Maxes wandering in to squash a 1-12 get blown up.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

edit - LSW is now a VS-style GD-22S, which is to say it has a slightly worse reload and slightly worse dps

it isn't a GD-22S without the 167 damage bullets :colbert:

A RICH WHITE MAN
Jul 30, 2010

See them other chickenheads? They don't never leave the coop.

I am all about valkyrie black ops, tank mine loving everything and when you're done drop and c4 idiot lockdown prowlers :getin:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Anyone have a picture of the new NS15M and also how do you get it?

Zila
Jun 21, 2013

Horizontal Tree posted:

25 with SPA, it will be interesting to try out since the Polaris was in my top 3 for VS LMGs.

Oh and trees I'm going to be disappointed if you don't get the new LMG on your JHFNS15m character.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Spanish Manlove posted:

Anyone have a picture of the new NS15M and also how do you get it?
You mean NS-15 Gallows which is auraxium reward on the new bounty directive? Closes thing to it's picture I can find is 5:24 in this video.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

kalstrams posted:

You mean NS-15 Gallows which is auraxium reward on the new bounty directive? Closes thing to it's picture I can find is 5:24 in this video.

Neat. Also drat, that guy must have a beefy as gently caress computer to get that kind of performance.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I may just ditch the Ursa for the Polaris. I want to see how the LSW performs too with the lowered FSR.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx
I have like 200 more kills to aurax the SVA-GG and then I'm going back to the now more accurate Rambo Flare that I enjoyed a 30% HSR on before the buff. :getin:

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Epic High Five posted:

"Hey the Orion is the clear favorite between the three close range LMGs that are the only guns good players use on the only class they play, I think we need to make the Orion more accurate and the MSW-R and Anchor less accurate"

The MSW-R is still more accurate than the Orion and always has been. The only thing worse about the MSW-R now is the recoil pattern (Which admittedly is still pretty important) and the Standing Accuracy (Which is not)

I'm gonna be interested to see what the Orion change does to its overall stats, especially in the upper quarters. I'm going to be surprised if "It's basically just an MSW-R now" is really the buff everyone thinks it is.

Fans fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Oct 29, 2015

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Alerts no longer give exp. :soe:

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

sitchelin posted:

Alerts no longer give exp. :soe:

They also don't lock the continent anymore. Instead you get a pretty meager amount of VP's, which won't matter because somone will ghost cap one of the off continents if you do somehow manage to lock it anyway.

Miller's had three Indar alerts in a row. Welcome to hell.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Hey guys, it's been like 3 years but we have a new configuration of deck chairs for you to check out.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Fans posted:

They also don't lock the continent anymore. Instead you get a pretty meager amount of VP's, which won't matter because somone will ghost cap one of the off continents if you do somehow manage to lock it anyway.

Miller's had three Indar alerts in a row. Welcome to hell.

Mother of god REMOVE INDAR FROM ALL POSSIBLE ALERTS, DO IT NOW, DO IT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Yeah, this victory points thing needs to go. It's only possible to get enough points through ghostcapping. Any continent (Indar) that sees regular combat (Indar), isn't going to budge (gently caress Indar).

• Locked thread