Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Skoll posted:

REQUEST CUMMIES :gizz:

we've all been there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Outstanding

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
http://polycount.com/discussion/160211/killing-floor-2-contest-winners so there was a contest on Polycount to make stuff for KF2, and here are the winners. Apart from the ugly as gently caress weapon skins, the cosmetic items look kinda nice and I hope Tripwire adds some of those into the game.

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008

Kikas posted:

http://polycount.com/discussion/160211/killing-floor-2-contest-winners so there was a contest on Polycount to make stuff for KF2, and here are the winners. Apart from the ugly as gently caress weapon skins, the cosmetic items look kinda nice and I hope Tripwire adds some of those into the game.

They are all being added to the KF2 Steam Workshop page. Those weapon skins are absolutely loving hideous, but I love the boxing headgear.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Steam Workshop stuff is only client side, right?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Require More Fire posted:

Steam Workshop stuff is only client side, right?

Nope!

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
WTF where is the chefs hat. this is bullshit

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh, the Steam Halloween Sale has started and Killing Floor 2 is 33% off. Tell your friends!

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Trading cards are also in the game now if that matters to anyone.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

moot the hopple posted:

Trading cards are also in the game now if that matters to anyone.

And they have weird anime looking renditions of zeds/characters on them. :catstare:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Good imo

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Not feeling the CS:GO weapon skin rejects, but the ones with actual effort put into them are pretty nice, like the vietnam blooper and pacific theater shotgun. All the hats are awesome though.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

What really? So I can download the sweet flight helmet and everyone else I play with will see it?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Aren't they adding them as DLC or whatever?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
You can't download anything from the Workshop, it doesn't have that type of integration. This is the TF2 deal, the Workshop in this case is more of a showcase for the developers to pick items from and put them into the game as they like.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Kikas posted:

You can't download anything from the Workshop, it doesn't have that type of integration. This is the TF2 deal, the Workshop in this case is more of a showcase for the developers to pick items from and put them into the game as they like.

I've definitely downloaded things from the Workshop and they are now in my game. They're also adding more Workshop integration later on: I remember seeing something about how you'll be able to download custom maps and weapons at some point, not just the weapon skins that are currently in.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/232090-%3AFistofdosh%3A?filter=Killing%20Floor%202

Emoticons that are worth more than the games they're from.

Also here's the art from the trading cards. They all look like they're traced over screenshots of the game but they still look pretty good. And Sirens have six packs and Cysts have eyes, apparently.

Theta Zero fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Oct 30, 2015

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Is that a cyst taking a selfie?

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
The dosh one is amazing.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

How's this game coming along? I've vowed not to buy early access but this game is on sale so whatever. I'm mostly looking to play the martial artist class, when is that going to be added?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Minorkos posted:

How's this game coming along? I've vowed not to buy early access but this game is on sale so whatever. I'm mostly looking to play the martial artist class, when is that going to be added?

Probably not this year, we might get Gunslinger in December. It's really good, loads of players, 6 classes, good graphics, good music, amazing gunfeel, loadsamoney. Some new mechanics, some new enemies, all in all it's a really good sequel to KF1. Obviously it doesn't have as much content as KF1 had, but the custom maps are plenty.

If you're fixed on that martial artist class, then you might want to hold out at least until the Christmas Sale, where it might be 50% off.

Questioner86
Feb 8, 2006
Gaming Freak Of Nature
Disclosure: I'm a KF2 dev

We've already had a free weekend (which always coincides with a sale) and I'm sure there will be more in the future. If you're not sure about this whole early access thing grab the game during a free weekend and decide if the game has enough content to be worth your cash.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Questioner86 posted:

We've already had a free weekend (which always coincides with a sale) and I'm sure there will be more in the future. If you're not sure about this whole early access thing grab the game during a free weekend and decide if the game has enough content to be worth your cash.

You guys kick rear end.

On a side note, does anyone know how to add custom music to the sound track? I wanna put some Doom 1 and 2 music in the game in addition to the original soundtrack but know nothing on how to actually do it :smith:.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Minorkos posted:

Development is progressing well and all signs point to the finished game being good, but we're not likely to see a release for at least another 6 months, if not 8.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

You guys kick rear end.

On a side note, does anyone know how to add custom music to the sound track? I wanna put some Doom 1 and 2 music in the game in addition to the original soundtrack but know nothing on how to actually do it :smith:.

I dunno about it, but the KF2 community is pretty awesome and most of questions like this have answers in the steam guides: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=430967254&searchtext=music I hope this one helps, like I said I never done it.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kikas posted:

I dunno about it, but the KF2 community is pretty awesome and most of questions like this have answers in the steam guides: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=430967254&searchtext=music I hope this one helps, like I said I never done it.

That looks like it! Hmm not sure if I actually want to do it now though. Seems like it will take more time than my lazy rear end wants to actually put into it.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

This is the only EA game you should buy. These devs are good devs.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
If Tripwire said, right now, "Okay, we're not going to develop KF2 anymore", I would still say I got more than my money's worth out of KF2.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

closeted republican posted:

If Tripwire said, right now, "Okay, we're not going to develop KF2 anymore", I would still say I got more than my money's worth out of KF2.

I actually do agree.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
KF2 doesn't even feel like an EA game. Other than some translation problems, it feels like a finished game. There're some balance issues, but that's hardly unique to EA games.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
KF2 is my first experience with an EA game on Steam and if I hadn't heard so many horror stories about EA in general I'd think that early access is the best thing ever and all games should do it.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Require More Fire posted:

KF2 is my first experience with an EA game on Steam and if I hadn't heard so many horror stories about EA in general I'd think that early access is the best thing ever and all games should do it.

KF2 is probably the best EA game out there, actually. Most early access titles really are trash.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Questioner86 posted:

Get the UI person to take 5 minutes out of their day and bring back the "switch to previous weapon" key that was in KF1. That and the abysmal C4 detonation interface are the only things that really poo poo me.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
The updating pace could be better, but the actual quality of content is very nice. Rumor is that updates will be faster in the future because they don't have to implement something as big as Flex into the game anymore.

Theta Zero posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/232090-%3AFistofdosh%3A?filter=Killing%20Floor%202

Emoticons that are worth more than the games they're from.

Also here's the art from the trading cards. They all look like they're traced over screenshots of the game but they still look pretty good. And Sirens have six packs and Cysts have eyes, apparently.

The Stalker is also pretty ripped.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

When you try to take out the c4 while holding the grenade pistol or another one handed weapon, it should bring out the detonator in one hand, so you can use both at the same time, but have to take out the c4 again to place more. A detonate anytime button doesn't really make sense when you're using two handed poo poo like the RPG.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/760340444104345981

Some more info on the black forest map coming out. Just a screenshot of this farmhouse, though.

Rarden
May 20, 2012
I think that's a shot of an entirely new map called Farmhouse, if I've read the update correctly.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I assumed this is another map, Farmhouse. And that we're getting it later today?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
You're right, I misread it. It's definitely a new map and the phrasing implies it'll be added soonish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I hope Farmhouse is a Farm remake and Black Forest is a Wyre remake. :v: