Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Kurtofan posted:

Wavebird takes a whole new meaning here

don't leave us hanging, what's the meaning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mega64 posted:

Someone should make a real-life Animal Crossing

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://blogs.wsj.com/japanrealtime/2015/10/29/nintendo-unveils-first-smartphone-game-live-blog/

Here's Nintendo's smartphone announcement liveblog.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

quote:

CEO Tatsumi Kimishima says there are more titles–unannounced–coming this year to promote both Wii U and 3DS during the year-end holiday season.

It seems extremely late to have holiday titles not yet announced, at least major ones. Maybe smaller-scale, eShop-only stuff? Twilight Princess HD?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Apparently there's some unannounced titles left for this year. Gonna guess some quirky eShop games in the vein of Dr. Luigi or NES Remix

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Makes sense since we have a Direct due before the years end.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Maybe they'll surprise spring Pikmin 4 on us?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

FPzero posted:

Maybe they'll surprise spring Pikmin 4 on us?

The very fact that Pikmin 4 is even a thing suggests they've stopped caring if it sells or not, so yeah, maybe?

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Pikmin 3 came out after like five years of Miyamoto teasing that that were working on a new one so I doubt it

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Pikmin 4 thing comes from Miyamoto telling a couple journalists "yeah Pikmin 4 is happening and it's pretty much done", completely unprovoked.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-07-20-pikmin-4-in-development-and-very-close-to-completion

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Jivjov, how many of the 6.3 million amiibo sold between June and September did you buy?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Pikmin 4 ends up coming out fairly barebones but also cheap and its thing is that they'll sell full maps with missions as DLC to keep it going.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Geez, US confirmed for over half of total Amiibo sales.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Crawfish posted:

Geez, US confirmed for over half of total Amiibo sales.

Well, obviously. US Scalpers still buy have to buy them off retail and European Scalpers just steal the trucks.

KISHIMA IS TALKING ABOUT THE "NINTENDO ACCOUNT"

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The very fact that Pikmin 4 is even a thing suggests they've stopped caring if it sells or not, so yeah, maybe?

What do you mean?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Nintendo’s new membership service will be called “Nintendo Account” — it will connect hardware users, as well as PC and smart device users, Mr. Kimishima says.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Continuing the trend of good naming schemes I see.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

As a name, "Nintendo Account" is a little dry, but that's better than sowing endless confusion.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Looper posted:

What do you mean?

Pikmin has never been a huge series and Pikmin 3 did not sell what they wanted it to sell but Miyamoto likes it so they keep pushing all manner of Pikmin stuff anyway, and releasing a new Pikmin game with little to no lead-in doesn't strike me as odd at this point.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah, I mean poo poo, I'd sure as hell take Nintendo Console Game System over WiiU. I'm not even joking.

Edit: cloud saves between handheld and console versions

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

"Nintendo will use a cloud-based data service to transfer game data between mobile games and console games."

Welcome to Nintendo Cloud.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Cloud-based data service to transfer saves. :allears: we're past the stone age

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Could it be that Kimishima is good at online

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

FPzero posted:

"Nintendo will use a cloud-based data service to transfer game data between mobile games and console games."

Welcome to Nintendo Cloud.

They should've called it Lakitu :colbert:.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

jugem's cloud

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Pikmin has never been a huge series and Pikmin 3 did not sell what they wanted it to sell but Miyamoto likes it so they keep pushing all manner of Pikmin stuff anyway, and releasing a new Pikmin game with little to no lead-in doesn't strike me as odd at this point.

Oh, gotcha. They could advertise it by adding Pikmin 1 and 2 Wii to the eshop...

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They should've called it Lakitu :colbert:.

That's how they are going to visualize transferring game saves.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Mobile Game pushed to March.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

They're eyeing global launches for the games though.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Cloud saves will be an absolute necessity if they're really making the NX a unified console/portable platform, so this is good to hear.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Hahahhahahahhahahaha, that's how you know it's a Nintendo game alright.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Could it be that Kimishima is good at online

He's been living/working in America since the late 90s, so he's probably the only exec at Nintendo who's aware of exactly why/how the other companies have been trouncing them online. Nintendo's incredibly insular and reportedly refuses to allow their devs to study the competition, so I'm not even exaggerating.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

I was super surprised when a friend told me that your Splatoon player data including your rank is stored on your console rather than a server which is mad dumb when it's an online focused game so cloud support going forward will rule.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Game's gonna be Miitomo and it's about your Mii revealing talking gossip about you but also telling you gossip from your friends so you can invade their privacy the best.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It sounds like an expanded Streetpass.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"Launch date of Nintendo’s smartphone games has been delayed. Launch will be March 2016, not year-end. Nintendo eyes global launch, depending on the game."

Super good unveil boys. Good job.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Fawf posted:

I was super surprised when a friend told me that your Splatoon player data including your rank is stored on your console rather than a server which is mad dumb when it's an online focused game so cloud support going forward will rule.

Wait, what? Holy poo poo. I... guess I should get a backup of the save data? Is that even a thing?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I can't wait to find a girlfriend through Miitomo.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

So this Miitomo doesn't really sound like a game at all, just an expanded Streetpass app or something similar. Which means it'll work great in Japan but be useless everywhere else. I'm guessing the money will come from buyable clothing for your Miis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

mabels big day posted:

I can't wait to find a girlfriend through Miitomo.

hello

• Locked thread