Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Ben Carson
Marco Rubio
Jeb! Bush
Carly Fiorina
Ted Cruz
Mike Huckabee
Chris Christie
Rand Paul
John Kasich
Bobby Jindal
Rick Santorum
Lindsey Graham
George Pataki
View Results

• Locked thread
Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Pick posted:

Trump getting a cheer for making sure the debate was only 2 hours

I love that Trump used his closing statement to take a poo poo on CNBC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

zen death robot posted:

The debate was terrible and Trump reminded everyone that he kept it from dragging on for another hour

He should shoot up another 30 points for that sweet mercy

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lord of Pie posted:

He should shoot up another 30 points for that sweet mercy

hail satan

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Fiction posted:

hilary has actually probably realized by now that it's impossible for her to lose

lol

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
msnbc reminding you cruz came out for the gold standard :lol:

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I'm setting the o/u on Jeb dropping out at 4 weeks. He's loving toast

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Constant Hamprince posted:

the desperate flailing of all the idiots on this forum as bernie slips further and further into obscurity is starting to compete with the republican primary circus in the booming market of unintentional comedy.

im not saying i wont vote for her if she wins the nomination, but losing your poo poo over her social media team is dumb as hell

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Vernii posted:

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

TEAYCHES posted:

im not saying i wont vote for her if she wins the nomination, but losing your poo poo over her social media team is dumb as hell

I won't vote for her

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

DeepDickPizza posted:

:laffo: No loving way.

Eight years of Hillary openly making GBS threads on the Republican party is going to be a lot of fun.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Commie NedFlanders posted:

I won't vote for her

good you have better restraint than i do in a polling booth

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Tally for least amount of time speaking comes down to Carson in second last, and Bush in dead last. One from intention, the other from incompetence.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Vernii posted:

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I missed this since I don't have CNBC. Did Trump do anything that might hurt him? Is that too much to ask for?
Not really, he wasn't the center stage like before but he shut down a few other candidates and was teflon for several criticisms, including when he flat-out lied/was wrong about saying a thing, moderator apologized, then mod came back and said "here's your webpage where you said it."

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TEAYCHES posted:

no, hillary clinton, who voted for the iraq war and pressured other democrats into doing the same :allears:

too bad bernie, who voted for the war in Afghanistan, wants to continue droning people, inevitably killing innocents. sad sad sad.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Sharkie posted:

too bad bernie, who voted for the war in Afghanistan, wants to continue droning people, inevitably killing innocents. sad sad sad.

think in terms of relative megadeaths

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Joementum posted:

Eight years of Hillary openly making GBS threads on the Republican party is going to be a lot of fun.

Makes you wonder how things would have turned out if she had won in 2008 and a more experienced Obama was the inevitable candidate this time around.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Vernii posted:

And now the rest of the GOP leadership is agreeing with him. Nobody's talking about how fair and civil it was like Christie proposed for some reason

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

nachos posted:

Kill you're grandparents

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

Commie NedFlanders posted:

I won't vote for her

sorry for your lots

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

drones employ coroners and construction workers in third world countries

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Shageletic posted:

Tally for least amount of time speaking comes down to Carson in second last, and Bush in dead last. One from intention, the other from incompetence.

But which one is which?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
By 2020 the GOP will only agree to have Fox News and the Blaze host debates.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

OctoberBlues posted:

Makes you wonder how things would have turned out if she had won in 2008 and a more experienced Obama was the inevitable candidate this time around.

Probably about the same. 2016 Hillary doesn't exist without 2008 Barack Obama.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Montasque posted:

Here's some half-assed predictions:

- Jeb is going to try really hard to look high energy, and attack Trump and Rubio. This could be make or break for him, especially if he bombs out and Rubio does well.
- Carson is going to take real heat for the first time and have to answer questions on his tax plan, his desire to cut medicare and SS, and all the stupid poo poo he's said in the past month.
- Trump will be Trump. He and his supporters have already declared him the winner.
- Fiorina is going to try and make her case again, but I think she's used up all her mojo. Also her time at HP is going to kill her at a CNBC debate.
- Kasich is going to come out swinging on Carson and Trump, make the case that he's the moderate fighter the establishment is looking for.
- Rubio is going to sit back and pivot all attacks into policy, and counter-punch on Jeb. All in all he will have a decent night and I think most will claim him the victor.
- Cruz is going to sit back and look like the 'adult' outsider candidate and make his case to the conservative base. Maybe he will finally plunge the knife into Trump's back, but I think it's too early for that.
- Christie will try and score some points on his experience, maybe have another slap fight, but will get less than 7 minutes face time outside of the opening and closing statements.
- Huckabee will make some down home comments and ah-shucksisms, try and get them Carson voters.
- Rand will get shoved in a locker.

This debate will get lower ratings than the last two due to the world series, the fact it's on CNBC.

I'd say I did pretty good with my half-assed predictions here. Jeb failed worse than I could have ever imaged though. He's so bad at this.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

TEAYCHES posted:

drones employ coroners and construction workers in third world countries

bernie's gun policies only employ half as many professions, but at least they keep the jobs in the good ol' USA

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Sharkie posted:

Al Queda was using Afghanistan as a training ground with the backing from the taliban government so who else's rear end gets whooped after 9/11?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

2016 Democratic Primary: "this thread sux" - Bernie, 2015

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Joementum posted:

"aw gently caress, awwww gently caress how do i spin this food fight. awwwww gently caress" *tips entire bottle of whiskey into novelty beer stein*

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Constant Hamprince posted:

bernie's gun policies only employ half as many professions, but at least they keep the jobs in the good ol' USA

nationalize the gun manufacturing and sale industry imo full communism now

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
These candidates are less convincing than Rush lyrics

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Joementum posted:

I thought that might be the answer, I'm just going to keep believing in my version where she dominates the republicans and Obama sweeps the electoral map in 2016. :allears:

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
rand paul doesn't want to be part of a government that raises the debt limit.

fine.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i mean there are only so many things we can agree on about how garbage the republicans are, its the third debate and the jokes arent as funny

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Joementum posted:

The Tea Party probably wouldn't be around.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Owns

steelninja
Sep 26, 2015
Best part of the debate was them playing pink floyd's the wall on that one commercial break.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The idea that CNBC is a left-wing network, well, I just can't even as the hashtag millennials would say.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

Joementum posted:

She is just super Obama more "centrist" and "serious" and "pragmatic" which translates to corporate shill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Joementum posted:

That was one of Romney's key recommendations after losing in 2012: Control the 2016 GOP primary debates via the moderators/production so crazy things don't happen. Glad to see his recommendation was ignored.

• Locked thread